Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

sending :wom: vibes to you MN.

ack holy piss :synpa:

Ass-penny fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 14, 2021

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

good luck friend!

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Like imagine getting a bonus that is four years of work.

That's all I want is that gd money and I'm leaving SO FAST as soon as the check clears.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
In the words of Simon and Garfunkel, take the money and run.

My goal for today is to not give in and download a book on my phone. I will accomplish at least one billable thing today, dammit!

cruft

Today through Friday I'm manning a booth at a Diversity in computing conference, trying to recruit college students into my summer program.

It's pretty cool!

Right now I'm talking to this sophomore who seems pretty sharp but doesn't have much experience. I gave him some advice on what to do over the next year to really impress interviewers when he's a Junior. He reminded me a lot of 20-year-old cruft.

Lock

nice! Have fun with that.

Get through this week, and I’ve got a nice week-long holiday to look forward to, especially after spending a chunk of my summer vacation in a hospital.

cruft

I just realized, if they're paying me to work 8 hours, but they're making me work 10 hours, and I'm at home, then I don't think I'm under any ethical, moral, or (crucially) legal obligation to not have a Maragarita as I work through dinner.

Gramps

Man I forgot about this thread. I would have been posting in here nonstop last week.

My company got eaten by a bigger company before I got hired and they're finally ruining every last remaining good thing about my job. We used to be really spoiled. We had an in house chef, a really great building and just a general good vibe. Then the pandemic hit and mid last year they canned the founder and a bunch of vps. My department used to be 6 people (I do tech support). The last 6 months it's been 3 of us. Last week they fired everyone but me. It sucks. I really liked my coworkers, my boss especially.

Now I'm alone, expected to support an upcoming product launch, and my new bosses have no clue what the gently caress I actually do. They just made us switch over from zendesk to Salesforce and I just want to headbutt everyone. gently caress I hate middle management.

You better believe I'm looking but finding gigs I can do from home that pay this well are real hard to find. I'm gonna slack off as hard as possible until I get downsized and catch a severance check I guess. Anyway thanks for reading.

cruft

Sounds pretty lovely.

All I have to complain about is that it seems they are actually going to make us come in to work one day a week, whether we need to or not. It's gonna be real dumb.

Lock

Gramps posted:

Man I forgot about this thread. I would have been posting in here nonstop last week.

My company got eaten by a bigger company before I got hired and they're finally ruining every last remaining good thing about my job. We used to be really spoiled. We had an in house chef, a really great building and just a general good vibe. Then the pandemic hit and mid last year they canned the founder and a bunch of vps. My department used to be 6 people (I do tech support). The last 6 months it's been 3 of us. Last week they fired everyone but me. It sucks. I really liked my coworkers, my boss especially.

Now I'm alone, expected to support an upcoming product launch, and my new bosses have no clue what the gently caress I actually do. They just made us switch over from zendesk to Salesforce and I just want to headbutt everyone. gently caress I hate middle management.

You better believe I'm looking but finding gigs I can do from home that pay this well are real hard to find. I'm gonna slack off as hard as possible until I get downsized and catch a severance check I guess. Anyway thanks for reading.

oof, best of luck with that

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Someone stole all my stomach meds and now I'm about to barf in my work trash can. Do I get to go home if I'm sick? Absolutely loving not, it's not like there's a pandemic or anything.

This is, absolutely, my own fault for attempting to eat granola and getting owned by mystery cross contamination that I am 100% sure is quinoa.

Lock

poo poo dude, no pun intended but I feel you on this.

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
posting mid-work.

got paid today but it was for some reason only for the first week of training which was only 20 hours. Not great! Hopefully the rest will hit tomorrow they say, if not we are going to have A Problem because that'll cover the lights and gas bill but nothin' else and I gotta eat for the next 3 weeks!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gramps

empty whippet box posted:

posting mid-work.

got paid today but it was for some reason only for the first week of training which was only 20 hours. Not great! Hopefully the rest will hit tomorrow they say, if not we are going to have A Problem because that'll cover the lights and gas bill but nothin' else and I gotta eat for the next 3 weeks!

srsly pm me if you end up needing a couple shekels to get you through the next couple weeks

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Gramps posted:

srsly pm me if you end up needing a couple shekels to get you through the next couple weeks

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
thanks, I appreciate that, but like I said hopefully it just hits tomorrow and it's not an issue! But it is nice to know that there are folks out there who have my back :)

----------------

Gramps

thanks, I appreciate that, but like I said hopefully it just hits tomorrow and it's not an issue! But it is nice to know that there are folks out there who have my back :)

I've been there more recently than I care to admit and I was lucky enough to have people that had my back so I owe that back to whomever needs it. Hopefully everything is smooth but if not I gotchu

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What if I just fight everyone's boss in the parking lot

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mormon Nailer posted:

Like direct boss or bosses bosses boss?

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

ooh man I been in a boss fightin mood lately sounds real good to me

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I got incredibly lucky to have an amazing boss but I know a few officials you could go toe to toe with

Farecoal

There he go

Mormon Nailer posted:

Make sure to go for the glowing weak points

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Boss Fightin' Man Enby

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress work

----------------

Escape From Noise

Brew day is getting delayed so I'm gonna get wrecked on my birthday

Gramps

gently caress work

forever and ever amen

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

Boss Fightin' Man Enby

Hell yeah

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

gently caress work

Hell yeah fight the power

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy

posting mid-work.

lol nobody got paid today. now they're saying monday.

this is united healthcare. it's not some tiny company.

luckily what we have is fine for until then on a 'we won't die' level but, like, this still sucks! and other people in my training group are getting real pissed and talking about all the bills they have due today or which are already past due.

trainer says this is the first time this has ever happened in her 4 years of working here.

----------------

Gramps

luckily what we have is fine for until then on a 'we won't die' level but, like, this still sucks! and other people in my training group are getting real pissed and talking about all the bills they have due today or which are already past due.

trainer says this is the first time this has ever happened in her 4 years of working here.

This is one of those situations where making a big stink with HR is fun and productive

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
I'm trying to be patient since like I said we will be fine for the moment and other people are stinkin' it up already so I don't need to. They have to pay me, and poo poo happens. I'm taking it as an opportunity to just 100% maximum chill while getting paid for it(eventually, ostensibly) since we aren't doing poo poo else but talking about our god drat money in training right now. gently caress it, I'll watch youtubes all day while they sort it out.

maybe I'll try and rustle up some button sales too i dunno. I do have a few orders to make and put in the mail today anyway so I can do that too.

I need more nonpolitical button designs too. gotta branch out.

----------------

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
"don't worry, this never happens" - the captain of the titanic on April 15, 1912 at 12:15 am

----------------

Gramps

I'm trying to be patient since like I said we will be fine for the moment and other people are stinkin' it up already so I don't need to. They have to pay me, and poo poo happens. I'm taking it as an opportunity to just 100% maximum chill while getting paid for it(eventually, ostensibly) since we aren't doing poo poo else but talking about our god drat money in training right now. gently caress it, I'll watch youtubes all day while they sort it out.

maybe I'll try and rustle up some button sales too i dunno. I do have a few orders to make and put in the mail today anyway so I can do that too.

I need more nonpolitical button designs too. gotta branch out.

get that slack gently caress yeah

cruft

That is... Not good. I mean clearly not good for the employees, but depending on why this is happening, it could have ripple effects through the entire country.

I'm crossing my fingers here that it's just some payroll gently caress up.

xcheopis

We have a few contractors who keep loving up their data submissions so badly that they've had to correct and re-submit multiple months worth, several times. One of those is a contractor who was given far, far too much hand-holding for years* and now they've decided they need to re-submit past months that I've already spend literal hours coding and uploading to our database (one month might take me four+ hours to complete). I told my boss that if I have to re-do all this, then everyone needs to be prepared for my typical whining to go off the charts. I now have permission to periodically storm into her office and wave my chubby little hands about while swearing.

*The levels of hand-holding have dropped significantly since I started working here, on account of bringing to my boss's attention the amount of work I was doing that should be done by the contractor. Literally, "this is not my job and it impacts my productivity for you in other areas". The contractor is very pissy about this, which we both think is hilarious.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

xcheopis posted:

I now have permission to periodically storm into her office and wave my chubby little hands about while swearing.

This is amazing and you absolutely have to ensure you make use of it

Like srsly if I got that permission from my boss about some of my pain points I would be alllll over that :coal:

xcheopis

NumptyScrub posted:

This is amazing and you absolutely have to ensure you make use of it

Like srsly if I got that permission from my boss about some of my pain points I would be alllll over that :coal:

I had a job, many years ago, where the out-of-state headquarters would frequently make idiotic demands that consumed our time and then change their minds (because of course they did). My boss knew me so well that when they made yet another dipshit request he said, "You have 15 minutes to complain and then you need to do it". Really good boss.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lol do you work at Optum (do not answer this) for UHC because yes the gently caress it has as recently as November at the STL site.

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy

Mormon Nailer posted:

Lol do you work at Optum (do not answer this) for UHC because yes the gently caress it has as recently as November at the STL site.

I'm WFH with ttec but lol good to know.

if they don't actually pay me anymore today that actually might be a problem, not a big fan of this 'not getting paid on time' thing!

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
Yea actually nobody got paid today either. Great! Cool! I'll just go gently caress myself!