Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I hate this tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm always asking this.

https://twitter.com/alexdecampi/status/1438166949058523138?s=20

Serf
May 5, 2011

he's a dude made out of swamp. what's so hard about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dXppTU51yQ

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

this superspreading piece of poo poo should shut his mouth

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I love it cause he’s a hideous antisocial monster that a girl was into and he grew a potato dick with psilocybin in it and the girl ate the dick and tripped extremely hard

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im not sure ive ever actually seen someone be bashed for liking something stupid and bad

seems like a really inefficient way to criticize a movie rather than just you know criticizing the movie directly

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
how is film twitter real hahahaha just watch movies hahaha

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's not enough that these movies are very popular. You have to be nice to me about them too.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Please be nice to my movie it has an intellectual disability

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There was nothing good or even salvageable about WW1984

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I liked Pedro Pascal’s Max Lord for the first twenty or thirty minutes but then they didn’t give him anything interesting to do

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm going to become the movie "the joker."

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gradenko_2000 posted:

There was nothing good or even salvageable about WW1984

gal gadot looked fantastic in a few of the outfits

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

gradenko_2000 posted:

There was nothing good or even salvageable about Green Book

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
As Best Picture winners go, Green Book was at least better than Argo. Man it sucked.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ww84 had pedro pascal being fun, kristen wiig ragdolling cops around, ancient artifacts hidden in a mall
then wonder womans own arc is just a weird but extremely earnest homage to the directors dead dad where she finally gets to show her dad the wonders of the modern world but ultimately has to come to terms with his death and that wishes wont bring him back

everyone then went insane over it because when the movie opens with the entire mall scene asking you to suspend your disbelief theyr like:
No superheroes are serious!
quantum leap reference? more like rape!
oh so just because she kicked a defenseless man to death shes a villain? thats victim blaming!
saying wishes wont help anything is reactionary and personal attack on me!

it even had that bit where WW rescues the wooden doll children from being killed by the IDF (theyr techjnically egyptian or something but theyr heavily armed dudes putting up a big wall, its pretty clear who they really represent)

imo it was certainly a hell of a lot more entertaining than the awful first movie which people seem to like for some bizzare reason
no it wasn't good, its a superhero movie, but it was bad in a unique way and defending the movie annoys people so ill do it, god help me!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it wasn’t fun at all unless Pascal was on screen imo. when Kristen Wiig is beating up her would-be rapist they shoot her from below and play sinister music. gently caress outta here

Serf
May 5, 2011

indigi posted:

it wasn’t fun at all unless Pascal was on screen imo. when Kristen Wiig is beating up her would-be rapist they shoot her from below and play sinister music. gently caress outta here

agreed with both these things. framing wiig as being a bad guy for defending herself against a rapist is just loving bizarre

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

killing the defenceless is generally considered bad unless you're a totally badass poster ofc

he cant possibly harm her and she stops in the street to sadistically beat him to death in front of her friend

i dont think it was a very complicated scene, but this is why movies shouldnt just put attempted rape in everything as cheap drama

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I thought it was weird when Gal raped the one guy that Steve was hijacking

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The Palestine scene was very weird

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I didn't like the message of "Wanting to change things is bad"

For example, Kristin Wiig does everything right: she's an otherwise accomplished person having trouble with the way her life is going, so she reaches out to a person who seems to have her poo poo together, and models her behavior accordingly. This is exactly the right thing to do: make a friend, find out how that friend accomplished what she has, and then do similar things.

But, because wanting things to change is bad, Wiig is instead transformed into an animal and gets the poo poo beaten out of her.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

christmas boots posted:

I think he beat his wife or something

iirc he just classic tweeker, waving around guns and yelling threats; that and taking care of the baby on said drugs.

he's also big house flipper.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Of course Wonder Woman thinks the world is just fine just the way it is, she was born into unimaginable privilege.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Femur posted:

iirc he just classic tweeker, waving around guns and yelling threats; that and taking care of the baby on said drugs.

he's also big house flipper.

Yeah, that could be it, I think I remember a gun being mentioned now that you bring it up.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Hawkeye I mean. Idk about Norm

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The don't wish for things message was just the director coming to terms with her dad's death and he's not coming back. She talks about it in interviews and the whole gal gadot plot makes way more sense thru that lense.
It's a super weird thing to make a wonder woman movie about but that's why I think it's a bit more interesting than just a bog standard cape flick

The rest of the movie is just a basic critique about capitalism and greed. It's not about wanting a better world its about wanting more and more endlessly and believing a snake oil salesman/ thinly veiled trump analogue can give you it if you just give him what he wants

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if I need to watch director interviews for a movie to make sense it’s a bad movie. and it isn’t a critique of capitalism lol. also she can’t direct action for poo poo which is her main flaw as a superhero director

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

indigi posted:

if I need to watch director interviews for a movie to make sense it’s a bad movie. and it isn’t a critique of capitalism lol. also she can’t direct action for poo poo which is her main flaw as a superhero director

almost no superhero directors are even allowed to direct action besides one ZACK SNYDER

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The mall scene begs to differ, that's some great trash action compared to most marvel stuff imo.
She's gliding around like an angel and throwing a guy into a big drum while giving thumbs up to beaming children lol
I appreciated a different take on the genre and its extra funny when the next WW film has her bashing out the brains of "a small group of reactionary terrorists" which was also a good ww action scene

Oh also the scene where the 300 Spartans are angrily attacking the ancient amazon lady who is smugly invulnerable behind her big gaudy armour was also a very funny visual

And "its from my culture"

Like I say its trash but it was memorable in places, I remember it washing some other marvel movie out of my brain I'd just seen that I still don't remember now.
It's certainly better than like black widow or winter soldier or whatever grey stuff there is.

I can't remember anything about cat-Kristen though, just that she wishes herself into a worse form cause she didn't realise she hit the jackpot with WW powers lol

Don't know where the idea that it wasn't a critique of capitalism comes from though, did you watch it? It's insanely on the nose. It's not deep, but the whole endless greed is destructive is the main theme of the whole plot

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

The mall scene begs to differ, that's some great trash action

I guess we just fundamentally disagree on what good action is cause to me that was horseshit with all the cuts and dolly movements, it was diet shaky-cam. that’s what you do when your actors suck at action (which Gal was at least competent at in the FF movies). also the set looked like it was dressed that morning with poster board and construction paper (as opposed to the extras’ wardrobe which was perfect)

e: bunch of edits

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
sorry ww84 was trash except for pedro and:

mastershakeman posted:

gal gadot looked fantastic in a few of the outfits

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/aniqrahman/status/1438493362898735110?s=20

I like how criticizing Marvel is racist now

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
his pinned post is the work he's done on behalf of a Marvel movie lol
https://twitter.com/aniqrahman/status/1433489925647867909?s=20

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

dune was decent but suffered from feeling like a bunch of scenes from the book stapled together and sped up to hit the movie time. cinematography is the subdued style that villeneuve and nolan are known for and more fashionable than the garish Lynch version at this point but i suspect won't hold up long term

chalamet and zendaya are a worse paul and chani than maclachlan and young.

probably book accurate but having traitor dr yueh speak in actual mandarin as a secret language was funny

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Action Jacktion posted:

As Best Picture winners go, Green Book was at least better than Argo. Man it sucked.

can confirm sure green book does an eye rollingly bad racial role reversal but i at least kind of cared about the characters every so often

argo is a uniquely baffling project in that it somehow manages to make distinct characters so incredibly boring there arent any actual dramatic stakes

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i dont know how you do this without implicitly admitting that dune is just a lawrence of arabia knockoff an admission that would cause considerably more racisms than it would resolve

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the chapo episode on WW84 was magical and i tried to watch it and yes it was as horrible as they said

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

my culture of wakanda, the right wing cia-aligned isolationist country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

shrike82 posted:

dune was decent but suffered from feeling like a bunch of scenes from the book stapled together and sped up to hit the movie time. cinematography is the subdued style that villeneuve and nolan are known for and more fashionable than the garish Lynch version at this point but i suspect won't hold up long term

chalamet and zendaya are a worse paul and chani than maclachlan and young.

probably book accurate but having traitor dr yueh speak in actual mandarin as a secret language was funny

you have not seen dune yet stfu