Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

CGI Harry looks hilarious

it is a bizarre unflattering picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Person lies about making magical, impossible blood-testing device and rips off all of the wrong people. But the real problem is:

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1438341635251843082

Edit: This op-ed was written by the former Reddit CEO. Does that mean anything/make it worse at all?

IBroughttheFunk has issued a correction as of 12:04 on Sep 16, 2021

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Person lies about making magical, impossible blood-testing device and rips off all of the wrong people. But the real problem is:

How is it even physically possible to have that much lib brain

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

We need more women criminals

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

The Daily Mail has basically zero bias

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
In tech,

I mean if it were just tech fraud she absolutely would not be facing criminal charges, but it turns out that even in America doing fraud IN MEDICINE is kind of a big deal

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Edit: This op-ed was written by the former Reddit CEO. Does that mean anything/make it worse at all?

Ellen Pao tried to institute some level of restraint to the worst of reddit's subreddits, and then got forced out. I suppose it would be correct to characterize what happened to her as also being driven at least partly by sexism, but that doesn't really make the premise of this Holmes essay any more correct.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Prince Harry is only forgiven if he sword fights Prince William atop the burning Buckingham Palace, then shows down the Queen with the Princess Diana commemorative revolver. It is my vision.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Yeah I'm sure that's why you were looking

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1438386548895006720?s=19

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Theo Hobson is a pedophile

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

surely they had to know how people would take that quote when they pulled it for the tweet

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

greazeball posted:

The Daily Mail has basically zero bias

Putting the paper that thought that Hitler fellow had some good ideas as dead center is a big tell on yourself imo

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Orange Devil posted:

Putting the paper that thought that Hitler fellow had some good ideas as dead center is a big tell on yourself imo

NYT denied the holocaust as it was happening

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Euphoriaphone posted:

I just spent 30 minutes arguing with some lib on TikTok about that drat chart. they didn't even know what pod save america was, and when I mentioned it's center right trash OP was like "well i looked up this OTHER chart that also confirms they're quite left"

PSA sucks but lol at someone arguing about the chart and having never heard of them.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

IBroughttheFunk posted:

lol I assumed her lawyer wrote that not the :reddit: CEO

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Theo Hobson is a pedophile

and yet not the biggest one who writes for the spectator

https://twitter.com/ayocaesar/status/1338123284110569475?lang=en

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jose posted:

and yet not the biggest one who writes for the spectator

https://twitter.com/ayocaesar/status/1338123284110569475?lang=en

saw this Liddle article linked from it and it might have the most insane opening sentence I've ever seen in an opinion piece:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2003/jan/14/childprotection.rodliddle

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Necrothatcher posted:

saw this Liddle article linked from it and it might have the most insane opening sentence I've ever seen in an opinion piece:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2003/jan/14/childprotection.rodliddle

what the gently caress is wrong with the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

vyelkin posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland

It's full of pedophiles

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

one might say it is a pedo-isle

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the pedof isles

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Necrothatcher has issued a correction as of 15:20 on Sep 16, 2021

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

IBroughttheFunk posted:

well, yeah. if she was a rich man, she'd have gotten away with it easy. see: tesla

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Truga posted:

well, yeah. if she was a rich man, she'd have gotten away with it easy. see: tesla

If Musk had gone into medical fraud before he was too big to fail we might be rid of him by now.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
She's on trial for defrauding investors though I thought

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1438293766134059009

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm trying to get rid of it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I've spent like 3 days arguing with my lib friends on Facebook about the stupid rear end media chart thing and let me tell you libs loving love a chart that tells them they're smarter than people who read Newsmax
getting libs to agree dore is the most leftwing extremist of all news in spite of all the accusations he is a rightwing nazi fascist would be really funny

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

IBroughttheFunk posted:

No, you don't understand: she was the chosen one, the one who was supposed to bring balance to the force become a billionaire without divorcing after decades spent as the wife of a more successful man or being its daughter. It was "her turn" or some nonsense. It's far more important for rich white women to feel on equal footing with their male pair (99.99999% assholes) , then for poorer women to have access to abortion, don't you know.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 17:51 on Sep 16, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

If Holmes had picked any field besides medicine/health she'd currently be a billionaire.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

comedyblissoption posted:

getting libs to agree dore is the most leftwing extremist of all news in spite of all the accusations he is a rightwing nazi fascist would be really funny

conclusive proof that horseshoe theory is correct!!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Groovelord Neato posted:

If Holmes had picked any field besides medicine/health she'd currently be a billionaire.

No poo poo, Sherlock

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah. The Silicon Valley “fake it til you make it” and “throw infinite gobs of money at it until it works” can usually produce a real product, if maybe not one that would ever be profitable beyond market valuation, but turns out it breaks down hard when you throw it at disrupting things that are impossible because they “defy physical science as we understand it” rather than “this was always possible just nobody ever wanted to spend the gobs of money to do it til now”

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

WampaLord posted:

Dreaming about posts

This woman is the most online person I have ever seen

so she wrote an article about what she needs to do, even though there's not a single chance in hell she's ever going to act on it

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yes, she would be. The whole thing makes no sense. It's like they put her gender up front hoping it would hide the whole non functional nature of the blood machine. It's extremely stupid.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Groovelord Neato posted:

she picked medicine/health and WAS a billionaire - if she had gone public right away though she'd still be a billionaire and theranos would still exist

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
*sec and fda poring over documents* welp too big to fail

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

as far as I can tell most publication force their writers to have an account and tweet out their articles as they get published. Nearly every journalist has a brain that is broken in a way that they can't help but touch the poop, continuously, forever, until they ruin their lives replying to shitposts

From personal experience, reporters, and I don't say this lightly, are monsters

Like tech ppl but with social science backgrounds

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Nice article/periodical title combo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sometimes, a dead white guy with killer abs nailed to a stick is just a dead white guy with killer abs nailed to a stick

e: actually, it kind of dawned on me that like...in Western Christianity Jesus is portrayed as a white dude and it's just kind of attributed to "well western christians are overwhelmingly white"...do christians in countries like China also have iconography of a white Jesus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lib and let die posted:

sometimes, a dead white guy with killer abs nailed to a stick is just a dead white guy with killer abs nailed to a stick

e: actually, it kind of dawned on me that like...in Western Christianity Jesus is portrayed as a white dude and it's just kind of attributed to "well western christians are overwhelmingly white"...do christians in countries like China also have iconography of a white Jesus?

(I know it's Korea but also the hats rule)