Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I imagine whoever the replacement VAs are were chosen because they were cheaper to hire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I saw Promare and it ruled but also when is Hasbro gonna hire Trigger for a Transformers series

If we didn't have that lovely War For Cybertron show and instead had Imaishi and his crew doing a season 4 of Animated or something else it would be the best thing

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zeether posted:

If we didn't have that lovely War For Cybertron show and instead had Imaishi and his crew doing a season 4 of Animated or something else it would be the best thing

No you must have grimdark Transformers with bad voices this is what the fans truly want.

I'm still mad over the fuckup with the Beast Wars characters.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
lol rooster teeth

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
loving Rooster Teeth. I reached point with them after something like Season 10? or so of RVB where it felt like a brick wall went up between me and my ability to enjoy what they released. Granted most of what they released before and after that wall went up was mediocre nonsense but at least I wasn't too picky during the former.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 17, 2021

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirbysuperstar posted:

lol rooster teeth

i have like this vague memory of rt when it kinda like first manifested

i wonder how it got to where it is (bad) but it was never [good]

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I enjoyed a decent amount of RvB back in the day but once all the serious plot stuff started happening I checked the gently caress out

Genlocked looks..okay? I guess? Weird amount of big names cast in it but, well, it's still rooster teeth

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

sussy robot

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

RWBY is also, well, still poo poo but holy god the volume 8 finale was a mess and this is just going off what I heard on that podcast with Mary Cagle and her friend recapping it and making GBS threads on it a lot

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i got a friend who's really into RWBY for some reason and every time they send me a clip it just looks like those stick figure combat flashes but with actual 3D models, like the same kind of zero weight to the animation

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I think Monty Oum joining raised their expectations of the quality of work they could do, but it feels like they doubled down when he died and just turning into human ouroboros.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
old rooster teeth wasn't great but at least strangerhood wasn't actually trying to build big dramatic plot arcs across footage of the sims 2

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Colonel posted:

old rooster teeth wasn't great but at least strangerhood wasn't actually trying to build big dramatic plot arcs across footage of the sims 2

yeah it was just a dumb sitcom or something

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I enjoyed a ton of RT-Achievement Hunter's GTA Online videos in-between 2013 and 2016. And listened to the first 400 episodes of the RT Podcast back then.
Now though? Stale since 2017 when Comcast bought them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Internet SNL

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Arknights getting a lot of Cool Old Lady points.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

arknights is #1 in gacha game style, easy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mods close the vtuber thread, and then hololive has the most powerful en/jp branch collab in it's history, in the form of umisea. boy is julias' face red

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

The HoloEN anniversary was amazing as well, it's been a great couple of weeks for Hololive.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lol if you dont know where the new vtuber thread is

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm okay with not knowing where the new vtuber thread is

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

Arknights getting a lot of Cool Old Lady points.

"security guard cowboy" is an unusual aesthetic, but she's owning it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

In the Arknights universe the angel people get massive headaches if they put anything between their heads and their halo so her wearing a hat means that you know that she's a badass.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

it looks like a jotaro situation or a visor to me

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

It's a more badass version of those visors asian ladies wear to prevent tan.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Zeether posted:

RWBY is also, well, still poo poo but holy god the volume 8 finale was a mess and this is just going off what I heard on that podcast with Mary Cagle and her friend recapping it and making GBS threads on it a lot

That is a really fun podcast. They've branched out into general anime reviews, and their enthusiasm for breaking down bad edgy mahou shows is delightful. Sometimes they get the chance to review better stuff too, I appreciate that Anime Slushie will give you the highs and lows whether they are overall positive or negative.

Any other anime podcast recommendations? I would really like to listen to a podcast dunk on bad isekais on my work commute, so that means YouTube stuff is probably out. Ideally, I prefer folks having fun with the show, not just getting really performatively mad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they said granbelm was bad so they are my eternal enemies

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

they said granbelm was bad so they are my eternal enemies

did they really? what did they hate about it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

no i literally just went through their eps and saw their seasonal review of that year where they put granbelm down as a 'nah' and made a joke, im not about to actually listen to an anime review podcast are you mental

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

no i literally just went through their eps and saw their seasonal review of that year where they put granbelm down as a 'nah' and made a joke, im not about to actually listen to an anime review podcast are you mental

usually i wouldn't give two shits but one of the podcasters is behind that webcomic sleepless domain which i really like

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well then listen yourself if you are braver than i

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I think all the non-RWBY anime reviews are in this YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDUUwUVG_oQNYfl9XFEvXHUlX7-EiCZ5I

If I recall correctly, the Black Rock Shooter review had particularly strong WTF energy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Willo567 posted:

those drat funnels...!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's actually going to be an uncle's beach house on granbelm this week so i'm curious how that will go

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

actually i decided to listen to their spring 2021 taster video and closed out as soon as cube said she thought junko from zombieland saga singing voice didn't fit her and said it was autotuned when it isn't, then she proceeded to complain that the first episode of revenge was more serious, despite the previous season also having serious episodes especially near the end.

i also listened to the granbelm episode where she seemed confused by a lot of the series, even though from what i've read and seen, it seems pretty straight forward

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 17, 2021

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
granbelm hits some wild beats and doesn't really stop to explain absolutely everything but its narrative and thematic progression isn't like confusing or anything

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
BRS ftw

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

also i'm sorry for brining up you know what again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what did you brine