Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Where’s the ornament for the new gun, anyways

Sold for 700 Platinum in Eververse.

Hobnob posted:

Got the Deadeye title, was just waiting on the wyvern precision kills which was fixed today. Tip: hit the wyvern head with a machine gun to open the front precision damage spot.

Surprised to find most of the gilded title triumphs already completed. The "legendary seasonal quest weapon" mentioned turns out to be the Ascendancy RL which you get by ranking up high enough with vanguard, crucible,or gambit.

It's the easiest title to get (and the only one I have)

No idea how I'm gonna get those Nightfall kills without dying lolol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone know if the Ascendancy charged with light stacks/works with Argent Ordnance?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Armor should just Gain the affinity of the mod you put on it and then it changes if you put different mods on it. The goal is keep you from mixing arc and solar mods on one piece of loot so that solves the problem and skinnies up my vault quite a bit

Quoting for good design.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Kesper North posted:

It's the easiest title to get (and the only one I have)

No idea how I'm gonna get those Nightfall kills without dying lolol

If you have a NF that starts in a free-roam area (current one should work), you can start a legend-level one (so you won't match-make) and then just kill mobs in the world as slow as you like. That usually works fine.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Titans are bad in PvP and Bottom Striker is the only one that's somewhat good solely because of its melee active and passive. That's just the truth and aside from extremely aggressive close range play (which is super punished by Shatterdive anyway), Titans are going to be winning against equally skilled peers in spite of the class rather than because of it.

Luckily if you shoot and move better than other people that is by and large going to matter more than what a class offers so you can play whatever you want, just understand that every button you press is better on another class.

Also every roaming Titan super is extremely weak to Shatterdive which can stuff you in a locker from full health with no counterplay.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Petra, please, stop being mean to Crow-kun. He just wants to help. You think she'd be a little more respectful to the guy who used to be, you know, the Prince of the Reef. "Used to be" being the active phrase, I guess, but still, she's been on very good terms with Guardians so why the beef with him?

Also, they're really making you grind Astral Alignment for the Exotic quest, which is kind of a pain in the rear end to be honest. Since you're going to be competing with five other people for kills. At least Champion kills count for everybody involved.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Eej posted:

Titans are bad in PvP and Bottom Striker is the only one that's somewhat good solely because of its melee active and passive. That's just the truth and aside from extremely aggressive close range play (which is super punished by Shatterdive anyway), Titans are going to be winning against equally skilled peers in spite of the class rather than because of it.

Luckily if you shoot and move better than other people that is by and large going to matter more than what a class offers so you can play whatever you want, just understand that every button you press is better on another class.

Also every roaming Titan super is extremely weak to Shatterdive which can stuff you in a locker from full health with no counterplay.

Well yeah because Bungie treats Shatterdive with kid gloves so its been barely nerfed, and they keep adding more Stasis fragments that make it even stronger. Its so stupid how you can throw a glacier nade and shatterdive in like a half second.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Grimthwacker posted:

Petra, please, stop being mean to Crow-kun. He just wants to help. You think she'd be a little more respectful to the guy who used to be, you know, the Prince of the Reef. "Used to be" being the active phrase, I guess, but still, she's been on very good terms with Guardians so why the beef with him?

Well she's one of two people that were in the room when Uldren was shot dead, and the other one is a mindless murder zombie that only cares about loot. Petra had actual reasons (high school grade fantasy fiction writing reasons, but reasons) to plug him.

Pretty good odds she's the one that pulled the trigger.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

Well she's one of two people that were in the room when Uldren was shot dead, and the other one is a mindless murder zombie that only cares about loot. Petra had actual reasons (high school grade fantasy fiction writing reasons, but reasons) to plug him.

Pretty good odds she's the one that pulled the trigger.

Nah fam, I shot that shitlord

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Up until that point there was no reason to believe you couldn’t turn Uldren into a gun. Guardian 100% made the kill

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
iirc you can hear both the ace (guardian) and vestian dynasty (petra) go off

however, both guns have dragonfly or whatever, so the lack of explosions implies that neither of them hit a headshot

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Hobnob posted:

If you have a NF that starts in a free-roam area (current one should work), you can start a legend-level one (so you won't match-make) and then just kill mobs in the world as slow as you like. That usually works fine.

ohhh. thank you

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Mill Village posted:

Watch this video if you want to see just how good Bottom tree Striker is in PVP. It was also even more overpowered back in Forsaken. Each time you killed someone with the super it would heal you. People would use One-Eyed Mask to get full health and an overshield with each kill and it was the most obnoxious poo poo for many months.

https://youtu.be/7834yunFb1E

This is why ever since I got a Dunemarchers with an 86 recovery roll I’ve literally never taken it off. It works soo well with every single subclass. Run and punch/throw hammer/areal slam and kill everything nearby.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I will say though, any time I ever watch any of these PVP-heavy Destiny YouTube personalities say anything is “meta” or “the best ever..” I just don’t really put too much weight into it. The real truth is they are often so good at PVP you could put a starting white gun in their hands and they could probably go flawless with it. Their personal capabilities, stacked with probably just routine editing, can make a gun made out of pig poo poo look meta. It’s mostly content creation for click’s sake.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Soooo yeah. After some testing it defiantly seems like Explosive Light on Ascendancy with Argent Ordnance stack. With both on I was hitting a boss for around 131,000. With one or the other on I was hitting for around 90-100k.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Blind Rasputin posted:

I will say though, any time I ever watch any of these PVP-heavy Destiny YouTube personalities say anything is “meta” or “the best ever..” I just don’t really put too much weight into it. The real truth is they are often so good at PVP you could put a starting white gun in their hands and they could probably go flawless with it. Their personal capabilities, stacked with probably just routine editing, can make a gun made out of pig poo poo look meta. It’s mostly content creation for click’s sake.

Yeah, those guys who do PvP as a job definitely don't know what is good and what isn't.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I will say though, any time I ever watch any of these Climate-heavy Science YouTube personalities say anything is “serious” or “a real problem” I just don’t really put too much weight into it. The real truth is they are often so smart at science you could put any data in their hands and they could probably make sense of it. Their personal capabilities, stacked with probably just routine editing, can make data made out of pig poo poo look important. It’s mostly content creation for click’s sake.

life_source fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 17, 2021

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

however, both guns have dragonfly or whatever, so the lack of explosions implies that neither of them hit a headshot

A hand cannon body shot will sliver a second tier red bar and the sidearm will finish it off so the calculations work.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Apparently shatter kills don't count as Stasis kills?! I have to test this for myself.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Armor should just Gain the affinity of the mod you put on it and then it changes if you put different mods on it. The goal is keep you from mixing arc and solar mods on one piece of loot so that solves the problem and skinnies up my vault quite a bit

IMO just remove the elemental affinity requirement. It has come to mean nothing, and there's nothing short of another overhaul that can *make* it mean something. It's a barrier to build strategy, excitement and full engagement of the game's promised RPG elements at this point.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

So is there any sense of consensus regarding what classes are best at PvP? I don't want to be OP but I want to be competitive

e: a word

a pale ghost fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 17, 2021

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The best classes right now for PvP overall are probably Revenant, Top Dawnblade, Bottom Stormcaller, Mid Voidwalker and Shadebinder.

Below that, decent classes with good potential are Top Gunslinger, Bottom Arcstrider, Spectral Blades, Top and Mid Stormcaller, Bottom Dawnblade with the animation skip tech on Phoenix Dive, Bottom Striker and Bottom Sunbreaker. After that you're getting into questionable picks but it's not like grenade throwing savants can't do well with Top Sentinel.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mazerunner posted:

Knowing the guardian, it was the lower headshot on uldyboi

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Knowing the guardian, it was the lower headshot on uldyboi

Petra after the cutscene ends: "dammit guardian, he wasn't vex."

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Grimthwacker posted:

she knows he is extremely manipulable and maybe it's not the best idea to let someone like that talk to the Queen of Lies

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

she knows he is extremely manipulable and maybe it's not the best idea to let someone like that talk to the Queen of Lies

But it’s ok for the guardians who rear end-clap in the darkness just for fun to talk to her. :colbert:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
please don't be mean to the guy who is a constant reminder of why the last 3 4 years of your life have been a relentless shitstorm that you still haven't gotten out of

life_source fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 17, 2021

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

DoomTrainPhD posted:

But it’s ok for the guardians who rear end-clap in the darkness just for fun to talk to her. :colbert:

Yes, the one who killed a god and uses a worm corpse, an ahamkara spine, and Thorn as sometimes guns can be trusted.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

yes, because she's a gun and just doesn't know it yet

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Also the queen knows about Bungie and their ability to make new exotics, she knows the only ones that are any good are remakes from D1. Whatever gun we cram Savathun's worm into is gonna be good for nothing but destroying some crystals in a lost sector.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

She’s going to be a glaive. :colbert:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

He is... prone... to devotion...

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I just don’t think it’s a good idea to let the person who constantly whistles Savathun’s tune, speak to Savathun right now.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i fuckin hate fighting scorn

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Have fun with this until it inevitably gets fixed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzVUhN4drHg

tl;dw: Bottom tree Dawnblade + Necrotic Grip causes your grenades to proc poison explosions

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

"Scorn on the field! Alt F4."
-Drifter

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Seams posted:

I hope the WQ raid is full of scorn.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Seams posted:

Now they and the Taken have stasis abilities yes.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i used to not care about fighting the scorn. the fighting lion solved all problems equally

and then.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

xzzy posted:

Marty is kind of a jerk but I feel bad for any artist that creates something and our capitalist meat grinder denies them rights to perform or share their work. This just feels like Bungie using the legal system to push their grudge against him, even if they're in the right it's a dick move.
The fact that they're still refusing to publish it in its entirety is bullshit. I'm keeping the version that was leaked on reddit a few years back on my phone, and it sucks that O'Donnell is not getting money from it, but I've got to figure that nobody hearing the work you poured your soul into has got to suck more than not getting paid. Even if he is a dick, doing that to someone just comes off as incredibly petty and spiteful.

Honestly a vinyl MotS is my dream at this point.

E: also confused about that article - If Marty 'won' the case in 2014 how the gently caress were they able to semand he turn over all MotS stuff?

Grimthwacker posted:

Petra, please, stop being mean to Crow-kun. He just wants to help.
Crow's arc since BL has basically just been that "I'm just a little guy, you wouldn't hit a little birthday boy" video.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Sep 17, 2021

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

Petra after the cutscene ends: "dammit guardian, he wasn't vex."

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Crow basically getting sick of everyone treating him like poo poo and doing the same poo poo Uldren did is going to be real fun to see unfold.