Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

:hellyeah:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Gay_Sex_Mario/status/1436114079970734081?s=20

did this happen

are subforum disputes going to become international proxy conflicts

NATO is going to deploy bots to QCS to back up D&D and GoonSwarm against CSPAM

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/Gay_Sex_Mario/status/1436114079970734081?s=20

did this happen

are subforum disputes going to become international proxy conflicts

NATO is going to deploy bots to QCS to back up D&D and GoonSwarm against CSPAM

yeah, all of that poo poo happened, but you'll have to ask what year because GoonSwarm did manage to piss off the entire world before you asked lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
reserved

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i clearly remember The Musketeer, the movie they mentioned in the new chapo. the lighting was intentionally dark so you couldn't tell the stuntmen were asian. it ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFnSmS-SUXQ

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

i say swears online posted:

i clearly remember The Musketeer, the movie they mentioned in the new chapo. the lighting was intentionally dark so you couldn't tell the stuntmen were asian. it ruled

I saw this in theaters and it kicked rear end

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
EVE online seems like the perfect game for me, save for the fact that I'd get hyperfocused on it and starve to death within a few months, but that bobs between an upside and downside

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I played Eve for a couple years, and the thing I liked most about it was that it was so chill/boring 99% of the time that I got a lot of stuff done while "playing"

the game was pretty fun and exciting the other 1% of the time, but you need a good imagination for that part because the game interfere you experience during a large battle is just an extremely glitchy spreadsheet that you'll be lagged out on any interactions with

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Cushvlogs getting weird
https://twitter.com/MikaelThalen/status/1438700499348250630

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Matt's beard is much nicer and he's not a 5'3" goblin man.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Matt Devilman

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mr. Lobe posted:

Thinkin about that book called "it came from something awful" that claims we were indirectly responsible for Trump because 4chan was made by a disgruntled SA poster and somehow 4chan was decisive to trump being prez

Never read it, sounds like bullshit from the perspective of facts but it's a good story so I'm going with it

this was literally corroborated by Steve Bannon, Trump’s campaign manager. He talked openly and frequently about how making all his money as a Chinese gold farmer in wow exposed him to the hyper reactionary behaviors of online gamer men and he realized that with virtually no effort he could mobilize all of them to stop griefing video games and start griefing real life. After barely two weeks of research guess where he ended up?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
this was literally corroborated [a paragraph of words not corroborating it] drat.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
sounds like blizzard's poor security and management is responsible

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Reminds me of kill all normies, which in the cold light of 2021 just seems stupid now lol

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Steve Banone

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

a Loving Dog posted:

this was literally corroborated [a paragraph of words not corroborating it] drat.

it sucks that you spend all day on bbcode forums when you can’t read

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

it sucks that you spend all day on bbcode forums when you can’t read

you should look up who voted for trump if you think that courting the 4chan crowd moved the needle in any meaningful way, when you aren't writing about your disgusting obese sex life

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Keep arguing this is all fuel for my tsundre ALD/bust Rodd fanfics

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Trump won because of Something Awful. Vilerat's mom carried him to victory.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the trump thread moved the needle because so many americans were enchanted at the various ways to misspell trump. trumo, trimp, trmup.... solid gold. everyone truly does come back to the forums.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

a Loving Dog posted:

you should look up who voted for trump if you think that courting the 4chan crowd moved the needle in any meaningful way, when you aren't writing about your disgusting obese sex life

Yes, white college educated women did most of the heavy lifting for Trump but the online discourse and rabblerousing is why Trumpism became a movement we’re stuck with forever instead of a flash in the pan that got impeached in two years for obvious crimes.

Also a sex life can’t really be obese, nice joke, Seinfeld.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Yes, white college educated women did most of the heavy lifting for Trump but the online discourse and rabblerousing is why Trumpism became a movement we’re stuck with forever instead of a flash in the pan that got impeached in two years for obvious crimes.

Also a sex life can’t really be obese, nice joke, Seinfeld.

so it didn't lead to trump, and thus my post making fun of you for not corroborating what you said was "literally corroborated" was correct, as well as my post about your sex life being obese

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

as a giant nerd I do find the reactionary elements of nerddom interesting but yeah I am VERY not sold on that having any impact on the wider culture, random acts of incel terrorism aside. I think something like q would have happened on Facebook or by email forwards if the chans didn't exist, it was more of a Boomer + social media thing than anything else imo

like the very nature of these atomized insanely online nerds is not having meaningful social relationships, which precludes them impacting much beyond the poor suckers already in their lives

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

trump won cause he said the things others never wanted to say. Also Hillary loving Clinton lol.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Popy posted:

trump won cause he said the things others never wanted to say. Also Hillary loving Clinton lol.

it was 99% the latter and 1% the former imo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Liz Cheney would have gotten the GOP to go along with the impeachment of Trump but the Senate caucus saw the meme of Trump as the God-Emperor of Mankind and refused to convict.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mr. Lobe posted:

Buddy, I got bad news, if you were born a human

i shall transcend the Flesh

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

Trump won because of Something Awful. Vilerat's mom carried him to victory.

It is insane that she spoke at the convention. lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Vilerat's Mom / Doobie 2024

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

there's only one mom on these forums

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hooplah posted:

there's only one mom on these forums

holy poo poo what a deep cut

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I will stand by my assertion that SA is mostly responsible for mike huckabee. he was an also-ran polling at like 3% when a goon got a submitted question at a debate in late 2007, which huck nailed. he won iowa off his debate performance and then got his fox show off iowa

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Something Awful is the root of all evil

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I will stand by my assertion that SA is mostly responsible for mike huckabee. he was an also-ran polling at like 3% when a goon got a submitted question at a debate in late 2007, which huck nailed. he won iowa off his debate performance and then got his fox show off iowa

what was the question? is there video?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

oh not the Chris o donnell one

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Breadallelogram posted:

what was the question? is there video?

been looking but between huck's fox show clips and later debates in '12 and '16, searching is a mess. it was a youtube debate and the goon question was like "how do you reconcile being a pastor and entering worldly polticis" or w/e and his answer was "jesus was too smart to be a politician" *wild cheering*

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

oh not the Chris o donnell one

this one came out when I was a kid and I also loved it but it was more hokey and comedic. the cast was incredible, with oliver platt and tim curry overacting like hell and charlie sheen putting in no effort at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
all the qanon documentaries suck because they make giant leaps to try to tie things to bannon/stone/anyone else, and dont seem all that interested in how suddenly a bunch of 60 year old white people are super into whatever's going on on 4chan