Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

no i can't.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The FF4 pixel remaster soundtrack has just been DMCA'd no matter what country you're in!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol they're really trying to sell that soundtrack as a strong point. i do like it more now that i've heard most of it. i think it's just the town theme and the sad song that plays when you lose a party member that sound kinda worse.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bunch of boring violins and poo poo. total fail, this is the good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvth1-T53xI

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-interview-toshio-akiyama-kazuko-shibuya/

I thought the second part of this interview was cool. I didn't know the same woman had been doing pixel art for square for like 35 years.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1436774045392019468?s=20

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-interview-toshio-akiyama-kazuko-shibuya/

I thought the second part of this interview was cool. I didn't know the same woman had been doing pixel art for square for like 35 years.

she did a great job on them, the art is fantastic imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I wasn't allowed play video games during the weekdays but I came home and ma was watching 911 on tv after school so I could play as much as I liked. Got through all of Killika island. not being American ftw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
back in 2001 my computer was in a corner of the family area for whatever reason so on 9/11 after school i got home and while my parents were glued to the tv worried i just sat next to them and played sonic r until they got mad at me for having the music on and made me stop

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

back in 2001 my computer was in a corner of the family area for whatever reason so on 9/11 after school i got home and while my parents were glued to the tv worried i just sat next to them and played sonic r until they got mad at me for having the music on and made me stop

lol

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
sonic r music owns , sorry about your wack parents

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lol

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

I was playing Pharaoh (awesome game) before school and when the second plane hit my parents made me go watch TV with them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fartlancer posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fartlancer posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

not the game's fault but filling out the bestiary in ff4 is hard. all the weird things like "this egg can turn into a creature you might only be able to find here" and "this monster that's only found in 3 treasure chests can maybe call this creature" are in the dungeons that get permanently locked. plus some of the bosses you have to fight in a weird order or you don't clear them.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

not the game's fault but filling out the bestiary in ff4 is hard. all the weird things like "this egg can turn into a creature you might only be able to find here" and "this monster that's only found in 3 treasure chests can maybe call this creature" are in the dungeons that get permanently locked. plus some of the bosses you have to fight in a weird order or you don't clear them.

Do you unlock anything for filling out the beastiary?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Namingway gives you a premium renaming ticket normally a.5.99 value in the final fantasy pixel bucks shop amd lets you rename youself to im stupid for free

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Do you unlock anything for filling out the beastiary?

just an achievement, so like i said, it's really not the game's problem. it's currently bugged so that you can't get all the achievements anyway (the game thinks there are hidden items in two locations in which there are not, probably because it thinks that you get the summons in those locations as items which you don't).

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

I ended up restarting ff3 because I notably missed two monsters that only temporarily occur in the wider world, sometimes that poo poo gets very frustrating

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I ended up restarting ff3 because I notably missed two monsters that only temporarily occur in the wider world, sometimes that poo poo gets very frustrating

I think I permanently missed green dragon, but I'm just going to finish the run because I'm so far in at this point. still undecided on whether I'm going to try for the pink tail and the rare summon drops.

i think this version might level you faster bc my party is like level 65, which I don't think has ever happened for me? I don't remember rydia ever learning meteor.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

that's probably true, I think they all level faster so far and god knows I have to grind on those orange dudes right before the end for quite a while to get Meteor

so it's probably not just your imagination

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Okay turns out all the usual suspects can equip bows again in 4PR, and also infinite arrows is sick, Palom and Porom doing 4 digit damage for free on Mt Ordeals.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ff4 is loke 20 hours long and if you've neber gotten meteo for her YOU are a newb

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Ff4 is loke 20 hours long and if you've neber gotten meteo for her YOU are a newb

I never did stuff like hunt pink tails until this run and you finish the game way before she learns it, even with all the normal summons and sealed weapons.

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
start the game and spend 30 hours getting the imp orb

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the ff5 pixel remake is out. so far, i think they did a better job on the soundtrack than ff4. havne't noticed any changes yet, but it's still early.

e: it's already bugged, lol

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 10, 2021

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Lol what happened?

And when the hell is ff6 coming?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Lol what happened?

And when the hell is ff6 coming?

it's a minor thing, but it counts the treasure chests for one area in a different area. it's what i get for being an early adopter for all of these

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

okay, yeah, this is definitely a lazy port in some places. there are places where the quality really shines through, but some things i noticed:

1) some of the NPCs in the tutorial area still refer to the controls from older ports in the dialogue. i think they're referencing the Playstation inputs lmao.
2) i've played this a lot and i think this is unique to this version - there's a bug where just after leaving the wind shrine, you have to wander around outside until you find a combat, because otherwise, for some reason, it loads your first random combat in the boat, and the monsters are from a much later part of the game. everything neatly OHKOs your whole party. i had to reload 3 times (i couldn't find the commands for running away because the tutorial guy gave me the console version of how to do it, lol) until i tried just wandering on land to get a combat.
3) the music has cut out for me for a split second a couple of times, which did not occur with the earlier pixel remasters.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I have encountered none of these things lol. Games cool though, I was worried they’d dole out t he jobs slowly.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

okay, yeah, this is definitely a lazy port in some places. there are places where the quality really shines through, but some things i noticed:

1) some of the NPCs in the tutorial area still refer to the controls from older ports in the dialogue. i think they're referencing the Playstation inputs lmao.
2) i've played this a lot and i think this is unique to this version - there's a bug where just after leaving the wind shrine, you have to wander around outside until you find a combat, because otherwise, for some reason, it loads your first random combat in the boat, and the monsters are from a much later part of the game. everything neatly OHKOs your whole party. i had to reload 3 times (i couldn't find the commands for running away because the tutorial guy gave me the console version of how to do it, lol) until i tried just wandering on land to get a combat.
3) the music has cut out for me for a split second a couple of times, which did not occur with the earlier pixel remasters.

lmao. i'll stick to gba

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
How’s the gba different from the snes version. A bit peeved the remaster is so feature light.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

How’s the gba different from the snes version. A bit peeved the remaster is so feature light.

Some improved graphics and a few extra postgame jobs/dungeons, plus the official translation which is pretty good imo. I think it's the best version of the game but there's also a translation patch for the SNES version that uses the GBA localization so that's a great way to play too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I got the tude now posted:

it looks worse, has worse music, and probably a terrible post game dungeon that isn't worth doing

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

im the ultimate sucker for postgame dungeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the ff gba ones were awful but not as awful as the chrono trigger ds ones