Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

"I play video games" vs "I'm a gamer", in picture form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Paper Tiger posted:

"I play video games" vs "I'm a gamer", in picture form

nicest gamestop you will ever meet / twisted loving funko pop

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sub-Actuality posted:

have amended the patent diagram to be more accurate

DSP spending the whole stream trying to figure out how to make it look like he stood up without having to stand up

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

DSP spending the whole stream trying to figure out how to make it look like he stood up without having to stand up

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

have amended the patent diagram to be more accurate

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh no now i can get all my games digitally and play all of them whenever i want and then i can go to the store where they have the widest possible selection of pops. this is bad somehow

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

who cares

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I miss digging through dozens of copies of Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter and Gauntlet Dark Legacy in clearance bins and finding a single misplaced copy of Imagine Lets Party Babiez and telling my friend Paul "dude I found your game" and him calling me a fag

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I miss that game

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Cubone posted:

I miss digging through dozens of copies of Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter and Gauntlet Dark Legacy in clearance bins and finding a single misplaced copy of Imagine Lets Party Babiez and telling my friend Paul "dude I found your game" and him calling me a fag

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Sure was fun when all the old games were behind the counter and you had to read off a list, asking if the guy at Funco had a copy of Fisher Price I can Count for your NES collection.

Also I believe at one point, many stores were just 90% copies of WWF War Zone

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Looking at the wall of PC games and going "wow, my PC can't run any of these"

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qmulgPZ2cg

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

CyberPingu posted:

Looking at the wall of PC games and going "wow, my PC can't run any of these"

Digging through the bargain bin and mostly just looking at the back of the box for the system requirements ftw.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Tato posted:

Also I believe at one point, many stores were just 90% copies of WWF War Zone

Stores that specialize in selling retro games are still like this, other than maybe once a year when they get a copy of like Super Mario RPG and sell it for $200

matti
Mar 31, 2019

ugh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The real loss is even the few games that have good manuals now are only on PDF instead of print. I'd pay for poo poo like the fallout 1 or StarCraft 1 manual.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

The real loss is even the few games that have good manuals now are only on PDF instead of print. I'd pay for poo poo like the fallout 1 or StarCraft 1 manual.

i miss foldout maps. i'd consider framing a cool one of kamurocho.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I found the big tech tree poster from my original copy of Civ II at my parents house the other day. I might frame it lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I found the big tech tree poster from my original copy of Civ II at my parents house the other day. I might frame it lol

those were awesome. i used to bring the civ 4 one to class to keep me sane between "one more turns"

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cool.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my physical copy of hollow knight for switch came with a fold out map but its only 8.5x11 and completely indecipherable

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

scary ghost dog posted:

my physical copy of hollow knight for switch came with a fold out map but its only 8.5x11 and completely indecipherable

drat this looks dope

too bad it's so small

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

b_d posted:

drat this looks dope

too bad it's so small

i was hoping i could use it instead of the in-game map but, as an mtv executive said after the 1989 VMAs, no dice.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

b_d posted:

drat this looks dope

too bad it's so small

what is this, a map for ants?!? oh it is? oh

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

I ogt the wanders journal and it's very nice

e: those images were bad so I took some pics of my actual copy

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 17, 2021

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Sub-Actuality posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

lol

I ogt the wanders journal and it's very nice

e: those images were bad so I took some pics of my actual copy

god drat I want this

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Sub-Actuality posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sub-Actuality posted:

god drat I want this

It's really nice! You can get it directly from the fan gamer site for like 40 quid or so I think. Resellers on amazon sell it for 100+ despite it being in stock on the actual seller site. Also the first printing apparently had a binding issue that they fixed in later ones so you wouldn't even be sure you were getting one with a good binding form a reseller

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Heheh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

It's really nice! You can get it directly from the fan gamer site for like 40 quid or so I think. Resellers on amazon sell it for 100+ despite it being in stock on the actual seller site. Also the first printing apparently had a binding issue that they fixed in later ones so you wouldn't even be sure you were getting one with a good binding form a reseller

fangamer.com has some epic swag.