Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

gleebster posted:

And you didn't think this was something the reader would want to know?
Well, the reason I spoilered it is that it hasn't been revealed yet, and it never comes up directly in "main-line" Chako, just the side comic I mentioned. Chako itself is mostly just surreal weirdness with little or no connecting story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (January 23, 1934)

Peanuts (September 20, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (April 19, 1938)

Out Our Way (May 20-22, 1937)

Toonerville Folks (January 28-30, 1918)

Dok's "Pass Around The Bottle And We'll All Have A Drink" Duck (October 13, 1913)

Little Lefty, in which snitches get stitches. (May 13-15, 1935)

Blondie From Zero (February 9-11, 1931)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True November 1, 1918

Really, Everett, you don't think the war's going to end anytime soon huh?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Haifisch posted:

90s Overboard

Wouldn't want to draw the gloom increasing with each panel or anything.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

~Coxy posted:

Wouldn't want to draw the gloom increasing with each panel or anything.

check the diagonal lines at the top of each panel.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

howe_sam posted:

Really, Everett, you don't think the war's going to end anytime soon huh?

I was just gonna say that. The next few Trues are going to be real... interesting.

Kennel posted:

Dustin

Someone learned a new word.

Hey fellow youths! I'm 'with it' I've taken the 'red pill'!

Now that I'm thoroughly disgusting, I'll be going to play chapter 2 of Deltarune. But first, today's Blueberry: Jethro: "There has... got to be a way - burning down the house wagon!, or OK, all jokes aside, the panel of the train crew defending the engine is jaw-droppingly good, imho, or If only those extra defenders had Jack Torrance with them...

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

cannot express to you enough how much this sucks

No Rae the Doe on weekends!

riderchop fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 18, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Slammy posted:

This dude won the bet and I guarantee Everett True never paid him back, what an rear end in a top hat.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Vargo posted:

Curtis would have some words to say to Jordan Peterson...

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: gently caress off, bigots (August 11-17, 2003)

Once again, Our Heroes are about to cheat, but you know what? I'm fine with it.

I'm not going to say anything about trans people in sports except: trans people belong in sports, but they're being used by backwards bigots as a political football to try and Own The Libs.

What I'm going to speak about, however, is social contagion.

Simply put: social contagion, when used to refer to LGBTQIA+ people, is the idea that many if not most queer people aren't actually queer, but rather they're being influenced by their peers into beliving they are. And that, my friends, is bullshit.

There is a kind of social contagion, yes, but it's like Bruno says: when you get to know real, live queer people, and not just the stereotypes, you start to realise that being queer is fine, actually. And, if you're gay or trans or bi, you can realise who you are by seeing people around you living their best lives, and from that you can get the courage to come out yourself.

The New Hotness in this regard is the steaming pile of bullshit that is Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria, a pseudoscientific theory which posits that young people (especially girls, and especially autistic girls) are being influenced into identifying as trans by their friends group. This is based on the observation that often, in a friend group, there are many queer people, and they tend to come out at the same time, which NO poo poo. It was also based on the perception of parents recruited on transphobic websites, to boot, not actual young queer people, so of course transphobic parents were shocked, shocked! to learn that their child is suddenly identifying as trans. Hint: they've been identifying as trans for a long time, they just didn't trust you enough to come out to you.

This isn't a new thing, either. We've all heard it before: "TV made my child gay!" "The Internet made my daughter a lesbian!" "My kid went to college and suddenly they're saying they're trans!"

They were gay or lesbian or trans to begin with, you motherfuckers. TV, The Internet, and college aren't doing anything except exposing a person to ideas they might have not considered otherwise.

I'm going to leave you with this advice: if you're talking about LGBTQIA+ issues with someone, and they speak aboutsocial contagion, they either don't know what they're talking about, or they know what they're talking about and they're actively trying to bullshit you. Be extremely distrusftul of that.

...That was a rant, wasn't it? Sorry, I kinda got carried away. I'll stop now.

tl;dr: bigots get hosed.

Modern Kevin & Kell

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 9/17/01

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 3/27-29/47

That's some hotel security. "You teenagers claim to be reporters? Okay, you can paw through a stranger's hotel room -- but only for five minutes, mind you!"

Smokey Stover 5/23/43

manero
Jan 30, 2006

:fireman:

Nancy 1946

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (December 21, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (December 21, 1999)

Garfield Classic (December 21, 1989)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Caphi posted:

I assume Aleta because Ulfrun isn't worth poo poo to anybody at this point.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I assume Aleta because Ulfrun is getting killed by Indians at this point.

Your mutual error is in assuming Aleta requires assistance.

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 27, 1947)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Medenmath posted:

Your mutual error is in assuming Aleta requires assistance.

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 27, 1947)

lmao

"He's over there, darling!"

"Thanks honey! See ya later!"

Prince Valiant is so good :allears:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mikl posted:

lmao

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

He picked a beautiful place to die.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm very happy for Georgia Dunn's cute little cyclops but man, BCN has too many characters as is! He's gonna be cute and fun as a drawing though. Looking forward to it.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
NIAGARA FALLS!

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Slammy posted:

if Everett True had taken the bet, you know he'd Rules-Lawyer about it being an armistice, and Peace not being ratified until January 1920, and thump you every time you brought it up.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

maltesh posted:

if Everett True had taken the bet, you know he'd Rules-Lawyer about it being an armistice, and Peace not being ratified until January 1920, and thump you every time you brought it up.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Based on the pictures alone, I'm going to decide that Everett is buying condoms.

Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Excuse me, you're a family of four. Why is it that when you find something missing from the fridge, your first go-to is "Dustin ate it"?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mikl posted:

Excuse me, you're a family of four. Why is it that when you find something missing from the fridge, your first go-to is "Dustin ate it"?

Well HE didn't eat it and both female characters only eat salads and occasionally tofu as is natural, obviously

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

gleebster posted:

There's an ongoing story?

Sort of. There's a few ongoing storylines that evolve over time like the skull kid looking for the dog and the slingshot thing but they don't really translate into a *plot* per se. At least they haven't done so yet. There's only around 40 comics out at the moment though so who knows?

Also, I'm morally obligated to emptyquote this:

Mikl posted:

lmao

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jan 5, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 5-6, 1990)

It makes me very mad that nobody recognizes this kid's budding artistic genius.

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nunyabusiness79 has issues.

Cobalt-60 posted:

NIAGARA FALLS!
Slowly he turned...step by step...

F Minus

Mark Trail

Welp, time to get the hogs again.

Mary Worth

Reminder that Saul had a dog before Greta (Bella) and he was a prick.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
The MiniSec Ecocide Museum!

Today's 2008 target: LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGNS! (February 18-22)

That's right, only violence works! gently caress you, Amnesty International!

And now, forward to 2011, featuring a situation where violence most definitely didn't work, and another of my all-time favorite narrative clinkers.

This is the MiniSec concept of a police state: an army of beat cops setting up airport metal detectors on every street corner.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

EasyEW posted:

This is the MiniSec concept of a police state: an army of beat cops setting up airport metal detectors on every street corner.

We're almost to the "best" part of this.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Okay, so I found it utterly baffling that Dez would want to room with Stef so bad when she was so close to Bets, so I went back and looked to be fair. The arrangement was that Dez, Tiff, Stef, and some rando would take the rooms. Turns out, Bets is the rando and Dez didn't know ahead of time. So, fine, nitpick withdrawn.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

:ohdear:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

just ask the lady to use her company to relocate the bees, hell she can charge extra for it

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Can't you usually call up a local beekeeper and see if they'll take the bees? I feel like I've heard that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Manager's friend's husband just "happens" to have a brand new extermination business when they need some work done? Don't get the hogs, get the auditors. The Sunny Soleil Society was contracted to manage this area, that means they answer to someone whose money they're spending. In the non-comic world it's glad-handing thieves all the way up, but a guy can dream.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Dang man, don't get all aggressive parent because your kid shows medical concern.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Julet Esqu posted:

Can't you usually call up a local beekeeper and see if they'll take the bees? I feel like I've heard that.

There's going to be a lot of asterisks depending on the area and nature of the infestation and the like, but if I had an issue that's the first place I'd look. Both because my family was almost pathologically "find somewhere it can be useful before deciding to throw it out" and because if the beekeeper wasn't the right person to reach out to they'd almost certainly know who was.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Classic Zits

Sylvia

100 Demons: The Aswang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Bobbins