Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

When is this supposed to drop? I just got to 160 and wanna farm some gear but not sure I can't wait a bit if it's gonna be in a week or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

StashAugustine posted:

When is this supposed to drop? I just got to 160 and wanna farm some gear but not sure I can't wait a bit if it's gonna be in a week or so
Nothing announced but probably November. It opens on the test server on Monday and it's at least 6 weeks from there.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

You unlock weapon switch at level 15, so that's a good time to add a second weapon. Eventually you can get them all with minimal issues.

For armor, go heavy chest+legs+helm, med boot+glove, light waist+shoulder for now. Heavy is unequivocally better until you start unlocking passives. Med is probably best long term for DPS but doing a few of each to start lets you level them all up as you level up. A lot of people go heavy chest even if the rest is med or light.

Oh that’s good to know, I’ll keep an eye out for those pieces.

Are there any weapons that are just terrible or can I play pretty much whatever?

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
come to cyro you ep fucks

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Thumbtacks posted:

Oh that’s good to know, I’ll keep an eye out for those pieces.

Are there any weapons that are just terrible or can I play pretty much whatever?
Just do whatever everything has its own distinct playstyle.
Bow is range stam
Destro staves are range mag
Resto staves for heals
One hand melee for tanks
two hander and dual wield have some overlap in being melee but they're distinct and both have common uses.

The individual weapons have some that are more meta than others, but that only applies when you unlock the passives, so it doesn't matter while leveling. Until then axe/dagger/mace/sword are the same.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

insane anime posted:

come to cyro you ep fucks

I want to! But no one else does. Are you in the guild?

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Barreft posted:

I want to! But no one else does. Are you in the guild?

gently caress no lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

DoriDori240 posted:

Imagine thinking that the current state of PVP in ESO is in a good place. Check out the big brains here.

you're dogshit lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

jesus

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

you're cool man. dont come to cyrodiil tomorrow

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

insane anime posted:

you're cool man. dont come to cyrodiil tomorrow

im going to kick your rear end tmw in my cool purp julianos gear

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh yeah, on that note, how do i get into the guild?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Thumbtacks posted:

oh yeah, on that note, how do i get into the guild?
Post your @ name

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It's almost certainly Thumbtacks although i'm not sure how to check.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
Can I get a guild invite @[redacted] ? I've been playing for a couple months and really, really enjoying myself. Just hit CP 160 maybe a week or two ago.

E: thanks!

CK07 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 19, 2021

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Getting 100k tonight :rms:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

drat I thought this patch was the big one. :/

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Barreft posted:

drat I thought this patch was the big one. :/

what are the exdpected changes, mate?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

insane anime posted:

For a ganker like you I expect the big change is the cap on crit damage.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

insane anime posted:

a bigger Number

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

For a ganker like you I expect the big change is the cap on crit damage.

please more details lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Barreft posted:

a bigger Number

please, more details :D

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

insane anime posted:

please, more details :D

no idea i made it up. also i have no idea who you are, ganking or anything. don't lump me in with ppl with grudges

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Barreft posted:

no idea i made it up. also i have no idea who you are, ganking or anything. don't lump me in with ppl with grudges

what

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

insane anime posted:

please more details lol
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586882/pts-patch-notes-v7-2-0#latest
Critical Damage and Healing now has a hard cap of 125%. Note that this value can go beyond 125% but your Critical Strikes will not deal more than 125% damage or healing in total.

Crit chance is not affected (for now). Lots of other changes too. Coming in 6 to 8 weeks.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586882/pts-patch-notes-v7-2-0#latest
Critical Damage and Healing now has a hard cap of 125%. Note that this value can go beyond 125% but your Critical Strikes will not deal more than 125% damage or healing in total.

Crit chance is not affected (for now). Lots of other changes too. Coming in 6 to 8 weeks.

thank you for the information. Ok if crit damage is capped at 125 i should be good.......phew :thankyou: . was worried id have to play that boring rear end magsorc pet build every 1 v x er does where u just stack magicka and resistances.

ill share my build here in a sec

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

what are tanks supposed to do in trash fights? I've got one immobilize aoe and one weakening aoe but after that I'm not really contributing afaict

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

what are tanks supposed to do in trash fights? I've got one immobilize aoe and one weakening aoe but after that I'm not really contributing afaict

Keep the mobs grouped so the AoEs hit max targets.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

StashAugustine posted:

Attack ... things??? :confused:

Goodyear
May 30, 2011
have there been any rumours about cross-play since more and more games are adding it?

also, i have around 800 000 gold and want to buy a house but can't choose one! the manor near mournhold is cool but i'm not fully sold on the dark elf aesthetic. can someone recommend a place?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Goodyear posted:

have there been any rumours about cross-play since more and more games are adding it?
It's not happening. Never say never and all that, but it's not happening. Server transfers might happen someday, maybe, if they can work out a deal with Sony and decide it's worth it, but crossplay isn't happening.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Doctor Zero posted:

Attack ... things??? :confused:

I mean yeah but I basically do no damage and it's all in poking individual guys with swords

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

StashAugustine posted:

I mean yeah but I basically do no damage and it's all in poking individual guys with swords

dont play tank. they dont deserve it. switch to damage

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

StashAugustine posted:

debuff the group with crushing wall, pull in ranged mobs that aren't in the aoe, look for and taunt any dangerous mobs hiding in the flock of sheep

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tiny. Khajiit. Sheogorath. :kimchi:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Potato Salad posted:

Tiny. Khajiit. Sheogorath. :kimchi:

I liked that quest too.

The turban is sick.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Man I sure do get a lot of issues when trying to log in during EU afternoons. Are connection issues pretty common, or should I be taking a closer look at my router and ISP.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Fruits of the sea posted:

Man I sure do get a lot of issues when trying to log in during EU afternoons. Are connection issues pretty common, or should I be taking a closer look at my router and ISP.

Not sure about your issues specifically, but Steam was making GBS threads the bed for several hours yesterday, so if you were trying to log in through the Steam-bought client, that could have been the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

DrDork posted:

Not sure about your issues specifically, but Steam was making GBS threads the bed for several hours yesterday, so if you were trying to log in through the Steam-bought client, that could have been the issue.

Huh, I was thinking the same but I can still install download and install games from Steam (just tried doing exactly that). More asking just in general, because this is like the fourth time this month (not counting planned maintenance).