Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Tbf the particular larping going on in this case is by scurrying shutin twitter rats, not the old grognard fat guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

alexandriao posted:

When Richard Spencer felt the butt of a fist, he stopped talking. His media appearances started vanishing, his influence started to wilt.

Fighting fascism means actually fighting fascism. On every level.

So are you "fighting fascism on every level", or vicariously living through twitter videos of dorks like Richard Spencer getting socked in the face once in a while and going "drat that was awesome (it was sort of awesome tbh)" like every other acab?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Hey be fair. Someone might have shared a link to a riot twitch feed one time last year in between tedious dye jobs no real life person ever saw

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Only trust your fists?! Buddy I don’t know where your fists have been

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

veni veni veni posted:

So are you "fighting fascism on every level", or vicariously living through twitter videos of dorks like Richard Spencer getting socked in the face once in a while and going "drat that was awesome (it was sort of awesome tbh)" like every other acab?

I feel like you're two replies away from yelling about 'virtue signalling'

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
PHUO: Not everyone can do everything, sometimes you have to be content with doing something.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Loling at the idea of les mis but it's just underemployed hermits sitting alone in shared apartments tweeting "to the barricades" at one another for a week

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Manager Hoyden posted:

Loling at the idea of les mis but it's just underemployed hermits sitting alone in shared apartments tweeting "to the barricades" at one another for a week

ngl, your posts make you seem a tad sheltered and, dare i say, privileged. don't know if that's the case, but if it isn't there's a disconnect there, and you might wanna look into that

that said, people involved with various Interesting Offline Dealings tend not to post about it for obvious reasons, so if anyone reading this does post about their real-life potentially-illegal possibly-political stuff i implore you to not do that

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Manager Hoyden posted:

That seems to be the actual people who took part in the revolution depicted in les mis, yes.

Like there is an entire scene in the book of several of the revolutionaries asking other people to build the baricades nearer to them so that they can continue having a talk in their local wine shop.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

nurmie posted:

ngl, your posts make you seem a tad sheltered and, dare i say, privileged. don't know if that's the case, but if it isn't there's a disconnect there, and you might wanna look into that

You're right of course. I'm a completely normal human being and I have it pretty good compared to most. But then again I'm not pretending to be a dynamic totally real revolutionary am I

quote:

that said, people involved with various Interesting Offline Dealings tend not to post about it for obvious reasons, so if anyone reading this does post about their real-life potentially-illegal possibly-political stuff i implore you to not do that

Ah yes the terminally online lumps in question are actually undercover vigilantes who should continue to keep their hidden underground activities under wraps

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Manager Hoyden posted:

You're right of course. I'm a completely normal human being and I have it pretty good compared to most. But then again I'm not pretending to be a dynamic totally real revolutionary am I

Ah yes the terminally online lumps in question are actually undercover vigilantes who should continue to keep their hidden underground activities under wraps

Well let's not get crazy here

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

christmas boots posted:

Well let's not get crazy here

Ah yeah I might have jumped the gun on that one

Let me rephrase I am a lovely human being but within acceptable bounds in most situations

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

You all, uh, do realize that Only Trust Your Fists is from a video game, right?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It doesn't even make sense cause your special in that game is the police objectively helping you

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Manager Hoyden posted:

Batman reads a Medium post about how he is actually "very fashy" and then gets so depressed that he just starts doom scrolling twitter all day until he eventually hits rock bottom and buys a forums account.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

docbeard posted:

You all, uh, do realize that Only Trust Your Fists is from a video game, right?

Nah it was a photoshop from last summer that people later thought was in the original game

PHUO: Final Fight would have made a better resistance mascot game because you do in fact beat up a murderous cop (redundant I know)

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Manager Hoyden posted:

iirc a fair few posters were involved in various Interesting irl stuff last summer at the very least. not really "undercover vigilantes" or anything, but, you know

also, theres a whole forum for active military personnel and vets (that is, folks who literally have been taught to kill people). so while your assessment of an average sa poster as a "terminally-online lump" might hold in some (many) cases, you'd be surprised

all that said, while "only trust your fists, police won't help you" comes from a videogame, i'm certain that for quite a few posters here it's uncomfortably close to their actual situation and lived experience. dismissing it as larping might come off as being in bad taste

e: it doesn't come from a videogame, apparently. lol

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
tweeting the song of angry men

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Manager Hoyden posted:

But then again I'm not pretending to be a dynamic totally real revolutionary am I

Ahh yes the grand revolutionary manifesto of "I'm queer and therefor cops exist to harm me, I must rely upon myself and my network of friends and allies to survive. I also have a meme gang tag i got from donating a few bucks to a charity"

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Honestly that wouldn't be a bad one

To be clear all cops yes even that one that seems nice should be beaten up and down the street repeatedly and also that beating would never come from me because I am in no way equipped to deliver it physically or emotionally

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

veni veni veni posted:

Batman reads a Medium post about how he is actually "very fashy" and then gets so depressed that he just starts doom scrolling twitter all day until he eventually hits rock bottom and buys a forums account.

Batman starts terrorizing a Gotham city goon who called him “bitchmade”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Novelty shape macaroni tastes better than plain tube macaroni.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It all tastes the same. Pasta is trash, gently caress pasta and gently caress Italy

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

It all tastes the same. Pasta is trash, gently caress pasta and gently caress Italy

Okay now this is an unpopular opinion.

I mean nation states "eh" but pasta is great. It's much easier to do well than rice and tastes better.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I just threw out all the pasta I had when I moved. I got noodles from 2011 still. It just isnt worth the time or energy to make it. It's nothing but filler on a dish. Just like rice it's pure filler

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

silence_kit posted:

It's really pathetic and sad. I'm a little embarrassed to be posting on this website where people pretty commonly post that kind of garbage.

Those political ideologies sound like something that would only work in a rural cult or if everyone spontaneously decided that it would be OK to return to the Stone Age.

Yeah, it is not hard to govern 30 self-selected, like-minded people especially when you have the option to exile someone and send them back to real society whenever there is a difference of opinion. Any government system would work. It is a much harder problem to govern a modern cosmopolitan society of millions of people.

lol

Well, gee, I guess that's anarchism destroyed by logic and reason. I'm surprised they hadn't considered your objections before now!

Gaius Marius posted:

It doesn't even make sense cause your special in that game is the police objectively helping you

Not in Streets of Rage 2 where the image comes from, just the first one.

Disco Pope has a new favorite as of 09:30 on Sep 18, 2021

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Manager Hoyden posted:

Honestly that wouldn't be a bad one

To be clear all cops yes even that one that seems nice should be beaten up and down the street repeatedly and also that beating would never come from me because I am in no way equipped to deliver it physically or emotionally

What about retired cops from the USSR? Does this extend to KGB torturers? How ideologically pure does the government have to be before policing becomes acceptable?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I live in a country where the police doesn't murder indiscriminately at will. Fun fact, our kids don't shoot up schools and we don't get a bunch of people going on mass shootings in general either

Maybe America is just hosed up at its core

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AAAC (all Americans are cops)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Kraft Dinner is the only pasta worth poo poo. Now, Asia, they got some good noodles.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
the posters from finland or whatever really need to trust us that the police are basically a murderous street gang with the backing of US oligarchy. Great for you though that your cops get nerf guns

finland posters plz do not @me

Jokerpilled Drudge has a new favorite as of 14:21 on Sep 18, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The police in Finland have real guns, but they are extremely cautious about using lethal force after a cop got fined like 1000€ for shooting at a car that then proceeded to quite illegally explode with people inside it (there were explosives in the car).

e: To be more precise, a cop responsible for the operation got fined; I don't think he shot at all.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Strategic Tea posted:

What about retired cops from the USSR? Does this extend to KGB torturers? How ideologically pure does the government have to be before policing becomes acceptable?

poo poo I don't know and also I'm not into justifying my thoughts

PHUO: Kraft macaroni and cheese (the powder plus noodles stuff not the special kinds) is better than most actual Italian pasta dishes

Bonus: Cacio e pepe is the most overrated of the pasta dishes

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Just because they shoot fewer people in a year doesn't mean euro cops are good.

Like yeah compared to american cops, they're way better. But they still aren't there to aid minorities.

I live in Canada, the country that far too many people think is "nice" and "progressive" yet cops here are still worthless garbage who are a greater threat to me than any other demographic.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 15:54 on Sep 18, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Just because they shoot fewer people in a year doesn't mean euro cops are good.

Oh wow what a revelation who knew!!

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I think cops should have to live in the neighborhoods they patrol. That on it's own I think would solve a lot of problems. Gonna treat your neighbors better than some strangers.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh wow what a revelation who knew!!

I legit see a lot of people try and say that european cops can't be bad since they dont gun down X number of minorities like the US does

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I legit see a lot of people try and say that european cops can't be bad since they dont gun down X number of minorities like the US does

American cops are like double-cops, because

3D Megadoodoo posted:

AAAC (all Americans are cops)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Robobot posted:

I think cops should have to live in the neighborhoods they patrol. That on it's own I think would solve a lot of problems. Gonna treat your neighbors better than some strangers.

My neighbours are some strangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Gaius Marius posted:

how do you feel about noodle dishes from, say, Thailand or Japan?