Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Been really enjoying the Drive discussion. I think it's a very stylish movie that I'd only want to rewatch Ina theater setting.

Sort of random but coming from the Sparks love of the thread, the Big Ears festival lineup for next year is one of the best lineups I've ever seen in my adult lifetime. Bill Frisell, Sparks, 75 DOLLAR BILL, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on. I'll be grabbing a ticket tomorrow when they go on sale.

Edit: and Mdou Moctar who I had a ticket for tonight's show and decided not to attend due to the delta surge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Always be seein' Moses Sumney.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That’s a crazy lineup for a festival. That would be fun, but I have a hard time seeing kids going to that. Can you sell out a festival with 50 year old downtown jazz nerds? In Knoxville?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

If it’s actually in downtown Knoxville proper, selling it out won’t be that big of an ask. There’s not a tremendous amount of space there, indoors or outdoors. So Bonnaroo it ain’t.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

BigFactory posted:

That’s a crazy lineup for a festival. That would be fun, but I have a hard time seeing kids going to that. Can you sell out a festival with 50 year old downtown jazz nerds? In Knoxville?

I hope kids stay away from it tbh. I imagine the vibe of the crowd is pretty different from Bonnaroo.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Pikachu Noticed the Weed is finally shipping folks, let’s gooooo

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

IG-88 posted:

Is it really? I figured I lost $30 or whatever it cost. A lesson to be learned for sure.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Turbinosamente posted:

Is it really? I figured I lost $30 or whatever it cost. A lesson to be learned for sure.

Yeah, I got the PayPal email

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Found a copy of Drive at the Goodwill today, decided it must be ordained from On High.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Nice! What shape is it in?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

petit choux posted:

Found a copy of Drive at the Goodwill today, decided it must be ordained from On High.

The movie or the soundtrack LP?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

CPL593H posted:

I'm hoping they found the jacket.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CaptainBeefart posted:

I'm hoping they found the jacket.

I actually saw someone wearing one in public a year or two after the movie came out and I almost died of secondhand embarrassment.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

poo poo, I’m jealous

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm a big fan of the GTA V version:

I just bought these :dance:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

CPL593H posted:

I actually saw someone wearing one in public a year or two after the movie came out and I almost died of secondhand embarrassment.

lol

If I ever start delivering food again I'd grab one.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CPL593H posted:

Oh, just the movie. But Imma also rip the soundtrack and give it a listen by itself. Haven't tried that yet.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I have the Ikea Kallax shelves, but what do y'all use to keep the records upright and avoid warping on any shelves that have fewer records on 'em? I tried bookends but those don't seem to be the best option. Any specific Kallax-sized crates (or hell, even other solutions that don't require a lot of DIY/building) that you recommend?

I have a few of them propped up with heavy books, but I only have a few of those, ha.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I just buy records in multiples of 50

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Use your Garth Brooks box sets as bookends.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

IG-88 posted:

Yeah, I got the PayPal email

Huh, I wonder what happened because I've got no email and no record of the transaction in PayPal thus far in my searching. Guess I'm boned then.

edit: Found the PayPal transaction, no update on it though.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 17, 2021

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Ballz posted:

Now what do I use to hold my interior sliding door open?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

IG-88 posted:

Yep just got my shipping email as well. Tracking says the 29th of October for delivery.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Turbinosamente posted:

Huh, I wonder what happened because I've got no email and no record of the transaction in PayPal thus far in my searching. Guess I'm boned then.

edit: Found the PayPal transaction, no update on it though.

I figure they’ll take a few days to get all the orders processed. It’s a, uh, loose operation.

yes. i bought the pokemon weed album. i’ve had five months to regret the dumb impulse buy. if it actually shows up i’ll count it as a win. either way it was an expensive lesson in not being a stupidhead

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

dorium posted:

Yep just got my shipping email as well. Tracking says the 29th of October for delivery.

Whaaaaaat the gently caress. Maybe I'm at the bottom of the stack or something. And if anyone wants to relive the glory the album is still available on bandcamp digitally, just on a totally different page. Makes you wonder who took umbrage, Office WRKR, Fotoshoppe Co, Air, or Nintendo and had it pulled from Tiger Blood Tapes assuming that's what happened in the first place.

edit (again): ^ I hear you there pwn on this being a lesson. The sad thing is this is the only vaporwave album that's clicked with me and it sucks that it's allegedly a ripoff.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 17, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Ballz posted:

Ha, despite my love of country, I did not grab one of these box sets. :P It seemed like a decent deal, but also seemed like it would take up too much space on the shelf.

Weirdly, I also did not buy the Pikachu weed album despite my love of vaporwave, ha. I'm glad to hear some folks are getting shipping notifications for it, I had been wondering what happened with that thing.

Speaking of country, I just bought a whole mess of Johnny Cash (including Johnny and June :unsmith:), Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Loretta Lynn albums (plus a Jerry Reed) off Discogs. I've had good experiences with the site so far, so fingers crossed, I suppose.

Edit: y'all, the Pointer Sisters are so drat good.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 17, 2021

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Edit: never mind I got my tracking numbers mixed up ignore this dumb post plz

Ballz fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 17, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

I have the Ikea Kallax shelves, but what do y'all use to keep the records upright and avoid warping on any shelves that have fewer records on 'em? I tried bookends but those don't seem to be the best option. Any specific Kallax-sized crates (or hell, even other solutions that don't require a lot of DIY/building) that you recommend?

I have a few of them propped up with heavy books, but I only have a few of those, ha.

I use records. Did you try buying more records?

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

My recent pick ups.

Bar-Kays was picked out as a surprise by my daughter, because she liked the cover. It’s actually really great funk instrumentals, no idea if this is a well known funk record or something random, but it’s dope

Link Wray is a reissue, just discovered this album for the first time like a month ago and it’s great. Didn’t know much about Link Wray aside from Rumble and some other songs from that era, but his stuff I’ve heard from the 70s is much funkier. Jukebox Mama is the standout jam imo

The Les Paul 7” was comped by my local record store owner who I’m very slightly friends with. He was playing it in the shop and I started talking with him about how great Les is, and he was like, I’m probably never going to sell this so you can just take it. Still need to find some more Les Paul albums for my collection

Rumble is great but got drat the Link Wray LP is amazing! if I didn't know better i'd write it off as rolling stones copycat but its so much more. Link wray's innovations and this album especially are criminally underrated.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Read After Burning posted:

If this is really a problem to solve, one solution could be to go to thrift stores and look for those old big box record collections- usually classical samplers or big band stuff, etc. They’re about 1 1/2”-2” thick and will stand on their own. If it’s a good thrift store they won’t charge any more fo one of those than they would for a single lp.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Turbinosamente posted:

Whaaaaaat the gently caress. Maybe I'm at the bottom of the stack or something. And if anyone wants to relive the glory the album is still available on bandcamp digitally, just on a totally different page. Makes you wonder who took umbrage, Office WRKR, Fotoshoppe Co, Air, or Nintendo and had it pulled from Tiger Blood Tapes assuming that's what happened in the first place.

edit (again): ^ I hear you there pwn on this being a lesson. The sad thing is this is the only vaporwave album that's clicked with me and it sucks that it's allegedly a ripoff.

I just got my notification today. I wonder what kind of tomfoolery is involved that you can say something has shipped by creating a shipping label but then saying it may take over a month for it to go over state lines for me. Maybe they’re just covering their asses, maybe I’m overly skeptical because what a poo poo show that release became.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Some people on a vaporwave Reddit I checked on today are saying they’ve already gotten it, so theoretically they are going out.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Just checked I still got nada for notifications.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The U-turn Orbit showed up last night, and after I borked the belt, it spent a night in the freezer.

Now we're celebrating Oktoberfest at 5:30 in the morning

zenhead
Sep 21, 2020
got 2 records recently; repetition by unwound and daydream nation by sonic youth
really glad numero got around to reissuing repetition, defo my favorite album alongside ltiy from them.

edit: forgot to mention that daydream nation came with a cool lil poster. i'll show both records soon if you lot wanna see em

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Post disc pics

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Polyvinyl is doing a buy two get one free sale.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Well this isn't the Bee Gees

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

Well this isn't the Bee Gees

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Someone, somewhere, about to crack on the ol' Playboy laserdisc and have a good evening: what the gently caress?