Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Regarde Aduck posted:

moot banned, genesis of alt-right, billionares astroturf rightwing policies, TRUMP, concern fatigue (worldwide), 6th mass extinction

Everything besides the first one was a result of balls that had been rolling since the 80s at the very least.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Finland may still exist even if Finns don't.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

They may not exist but I love their pancakes

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Still a week to go until we get to vote, so

Dramatis personae:
SPD (Red)
Linke (also Red)
CDU (Black)
CSU (Blue)
Grüne (Green)
AfD (Blue)
FDP (Yellow)

SPD: Whoever votes Green gets CDU
SPD: Whoever votes SPD get Scholz as chancellor
CDU: Whoever votes FDP could get Red-Green in the end
CDU: Whoever votes Baerbock (Green) gets Linke
FDP: Whoever votes AfD causes Black-Green
AfD: Whether Laschet (Black) or Söder (CSU), whoever votes CDU/CSU gets Green in the end

Basically

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Buttchocks posted:

Finland may still exist even if Finns don't.

Also there are less than 500 000 Finns. The rest of the population of the Republic of Finland is Ostrobothnians, Tavastians, Savonians, etc.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

JOOSY

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HggBgEWceXY

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yeah yeah, Snurr da finkle burr.

We get it, your language was created by literal muppets.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Yeah yeah, Snurr da finkle burr.

We get it, your language was created by literal muppets.

Think about it, that's what Vikings sounded like. Imagine living in an Irish coastal village, spotting a mast in the horizon and then, before you know it, a horde of murderous berserkers are burning and looting everything around you while borking like the Swedish Chef.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

barbecue at the folks posted:

Think about it, that's what Vikings sounded like. Imagine living in an Irish coastal village, spotting a mast in the horizon and then, before you know it, a horde of murderous berserkers are burning and looting everything around you while borking like the Swedish Chef.

Yeah the English are terrifying.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

Mr. Lobe posted:

They may not exist but I love their pancakes

I think your parents just wanted you to eat your breakfast faster.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I love this.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Haha, those crazy Dutch

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Change that to a FedEx truck, and that's the kratom thread in TCC (at least circa 2015, when I followed that thread). Seriously, the hardcore FST heads would hear about, say, a storm heading towards Memphis (FedEx's airplane hub) and start F5ing flight-tracking maps bc they were worried their FedEx-shipped fix might be delayed.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Change that to a FedEx truck, and that's the kratom thread in TCC (at least circa 2015, when I followed that thread). Seriously, the hardcore FST heads would hear about, say, a storm heading towards Memphis (FedEx's airplane hub) and start F5ing flight-tracking maps bc they were worried their FedEx-shipped fix might be delayed.
UPS has their major airplane hub in Louisville KY, which leads to Louisville KY having a tremendous amount of live lobsters.

Here's how it works: lobsters are caught in Maine. They are put in a salt water tank on the back of a flatbed truck and shipped to Louisville. There they go into different salt water tanks and wait to be purchased. At 2AM the lobster company catches as many lobsters that are needed to fill the orders from the past day, pack them in what basically is a cooler box and they are separated with cardboard wine box dividers. Then they go to the UPS hub by 4 AM to be the last airborne shipping container going onto the planes before they take off.

The lobsters are out of their tanks for under 8 hours from catch to delivery at their final destination. It's scary impressive how some of this poo poo happens.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I'm just waiting for the chain of dominos memes to get stale so that they can be replaced with teleogy memes where the final state is implicit in the thing itself.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Perrrrrkele

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/KinoFabino/status/1439286885533171717?s=20

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Making up a guy, and just running with it

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

sadly, many hoards are comprised of actual garbage no one would buy, or at least stuff that's sat so long it has decomposed or crushed under heavy weight.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Prurient Squid posted:

I'm just waiting for the chain of dominos memes to get stale so that they can be replaced with teleogy memes where the final state is implicit in the thing itself.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

As if chicken nuggets contain that much actual chicken

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's homeopathic chicken.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I know long term planning isn't something research chemical addicts are known for, but maybe put a little Kratos aside? As a treat.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I know long term planning isn't something research chemical addicts are known for, but maybe put a little Kratom aside? As a treat.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
More Deutschmemes, but drunk this time:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Dutch != Deutsch :mad:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

CPColin posted:

Tell that to the Dutch Angle and the Amish.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

CPColin posted:

Isn't it that it is if you're German? Like, in German, "Deutsch" literally is "Dutch", and in English it's just what we call people who speak what they call "Nederlands"?

I once asked a German guy if he could understand Dutch. The conversation went for quite a while before he realised I was asking about Nederlands and not Deutsch.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dutch in German is Die niederländische Sprache

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
No, "Deutsch" in German means German.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Back in the day before the formation of a German state in the late 19th century no distinction was made between different flavours of German so the Netherlands were just as German as Bavarians or Austrians because it's all the same poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You know who else thought everything was Deutsch?

That's right.