Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Down on the corner
Out in the street
Willy and the Gay Boys are playin'
The guy from Buffy can't be beat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

this dream needs some background:

just after college I had some roommates who played call of duty. I don't know which one and have never played myself. my understanding is that their team name could be 4 letters, and theirs was "!GAY." one of them had picked it to mean "not gay" when he was younger, but he kept it because every once in awhile he'd end up against some evangelicals who thought it meant they were excited to be gay, and they would lecture everyone, get distracted, and lose really badly. they were, apparently, pretty good at call of duty.

they were one person short of a full team, I guess, so they played with one pubbie usually. I may be getting the details wrong here, but I think the teams were four people? two of them lived with me and there was a third guy they knew who lived nearby, I want to say. one day they got paired with a guy whose handle was "BigWilly" and some numbers and he played well enough that they offered him a spot on !GAY. they started calling themselves Big Willy and the Gays on team chat. they'd sing a little song to the tune of Benny and the Jets when they were doing well.

in my dream last night, there was some loud knocking at my front door, and when I opened it, it was nicholas Brendon. he was clearly drunk and said that he'd been knocking on doors everywhere, but nobody was answering. he was trying to run from the cops (someone had dared him to throw a bottle at a cop car) and needed a place to hide.

I felt bad for him so I let him in and my wife clearly didn't like the idea. apparently my dream brain confused him with Matthew Perry, because he was trying to win my wife over by saying stuff like "oh come on, we'll have fun! could I be any more Zander?" he was really excited I had a PlayStation 4, but he kept saying all the games that I had were "baby poo poo" and he wanted to play something competitive. he downloaded call of duty and logged in and, lo and behold, he was Big Willy.

I told him I'd been roommates with the Gays and he got really excited that he could finally meet "the f***" he'd been playing with for a decade. after he dropped the slur, my wife really wanted him out of the house, and I tried explaining that I really hadnt kept in touch with my ex roommates, but he insisted that this was the opportunity of a lifetime. over team chat, he told them he was at my place, and in moments, my old roommates were at the door. apparently, they'd never left our old apartment, and it was pretty nearby., and they'd never stopped playing call of duty. I don't know how they knew where I lived, but that didn't seem to matter to the dream logic. what did matter is that my wife was absolutely furious that even more people were coming over in the dead of night.

And they'd brought beer. Nick cracked one and started crying like a weepy drunk, saying it was so good to be with people who knew him as Big Willy and not as Zander. one of my ex roommates was also really drunk and started crying too, apologizing to me, saying how sorry he was about the breakup I went through (he had nothing to do with it). my wife finally shouted "everyone get out of my house!" and the gang sheepishly gathered their beer and headed for the door.

the second they got outside, the police were shouting at Nicholas Brendon that he was under arrest. my drubk ex roommate said that they'd never take big Willy and the Gays alive, and there were gunshots. I understood that some of the shots were coming from my ex roommates and their celebrity gaming buddy, who were returning fire at the cops. the bullets started coming into my house somehow and i was trying to dodge them when I woke up.

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a dream Metroid Prime 4 was out on the Gamecube. It was placed in a massive ruined real life city that was nothing but concrete husks and overgrown buildings, and the enemies were all distorted forms of real wildlife. I was hopping around admiring the detailed scenery and environmental puzzles when I got a codec call from the Metroid Fusion computer. He told me to meet up with Federation forces at a nearby abandoned highschool. This opened up the map, which was revealed to be a to-scale recreation of an actual Eastern European city. My hype was incomparable. I scrolled around the map a bit and saw a map marker labeled "TTTTTTTrains!" I wondered what that meant and closed the map only to suddenly see dozens of long trains barreling down the road toward me. I woke up as soon as they were about to hit me.

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

this dream needs some background:

just after college I had some roommates who played call of duty. I don't know which one and have never played myself. my understanding is that their team name could be 4 letters, and theirs was "!GAY." one of them had picked it to mean "not gay" when he was younger, but he kept it because every once in awhile he'd end up against some evangelicals who thought it meant they were excited to be gay, and they would lecture everyone, get distracted, and lose really badly. they were, apparently, pretty good at call of duty.

they were one person short of a full team, I guess, so they played with one pubbie usually. I may be getting the details wrong here, but I think the teams were four people? two of them lived with me and there was a third guy they knew who lived nearby, I want to say. one day they got paired with a guy whose handle was "BigWilly" and some numbers and he played well enough that they offered him a spot on !GAY. they started calling themselves Big Willy and the Gays on team chat. they'd sing a little song to the tune of Benny and the Jets when they were doing well.

in my dream last night, there was some loud knocking at my front door, and when I opened it, it was nicholas Brendon. he was clearly drunk and said that he'd been knocking on doors everywhere, but nobody was answering. he was trying to run from the cops (someone had dared him to throw a bottle at a cop car) and needed a place to hide.

I felt bad for him so I let him in and my wife clearly didn't like the idea. apparently my dream brain confused him with Matthew Perry, because he was trying to win my wife over by saying stuff like "oh come on, we'll have fun! could I be any more Zander?" he was really excited I had a PlayStation 4, but he kept saying all the games that I had were "baby poo poo" and he wanted to play something competitive. he downloaded call of duty and logged in and, lo and behold, he was Big Willy.

I told him I'd been roommates with the Gays and he got really excited that he could finally meet "the f***" he'd been playing with for a decade. after he dropped the slur, my wife really wanted him out of the house, and I tried explaining that I really hadnt kept in touch with my ex roommates, but he insisted that this was the opportunity of a lifetime. over team chat, he told them he was at my place, and in moments, my old roommates were at the door. apparently, they'd never left our old apartment, and it was pretty nearby., and they'd never stopped playing call of duty. I don't know how they knew where I lived, but that didn't seem to matter to the dream logic. what did matter is that my wife was absolutely furious that even more people were coming over in the dead of night.

And they'd brought beer. Nick cracked one and started crying like a weepy drunk, saying it was so good to be with people who knew him as Big Willy and not as Zander. one of my ex roommates was also really drunk and started crying too, apologizing to me, saying how sorry he was about the breakup I went through (he had nothing to do with it). my wife finally shouted "everyone get out of my house!" and the gang sheepishly gathered their beer and headed for the door.

the second they got outside, the police were shouting at Nicholas Brendon that he was under arrest. my drubk ex roommate said that they'd never take big Willy and the Gays alive, and there were gunshots. I understood that some of the shots were coming from my ex roommates and their celebrity gaming buddy, who were returning fire at the cops. the bullets started coming into my house somehow and i was trying to dodge them when I woke up.

lmao and also glad to learn more bicyclops lore

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Big willy and the gays.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had a dream where United States Representative Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez came over to our house to play Mario Kart. I made some coffee and asked how she liked it, she asked if I had any scotch to put in it so I showed off the bottle of Japanese whiskey I had in the cabinet. My girlfriend was not pleased.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I had a dream where United States Representative Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez came over to our house to play Mario Kart. I made some coffee and asked how she liked it, she asked if I had any scotch to put in it so I showed off the bottle of Japanese whiskey I had in the cabinet. My girlfriend was not pleased.

lol so many long suffering imp wives & girlfriends

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I had a dream last night that I was working at some small store (like CVS sized) that never had customers and was failing. The owner was about to go bankrupt so as a last ditch effort he showed up with a mech like from the one from the Titanfall campaign but way smaller. It was a bit bigger than person sized (the person's legs fit into the mech legs) so it could fit in the store but it still had all the guns and missiles. His idea was that they could promote it as a 'shopping exoskeleton' and customers would want to come and walk around the store in it while buying stuff for fun. So he put up a big sign in front of the store that said something like "TRY OUR NEW SHOPPING EXOSKELETON" and then left.

A few minutes later this gross redneck guy came in all excited to try out the mech. He had like food stains smeared all over his face and clothes and was wearing overalls but was so fat that he couldn't buckle them and the front part just flapped around. He jumped into the mech and start slapping buttons and like spinning around super fast shooting bullets and missiles and loving up the store. The mech then charged through a wall and went straight into a small lake outside and immediately sank into the bottom. Then it did the mech explosion thing from Titanfall underwater but the redneck guy never ejected or anything so I guess he died. The owner came back and started screaming about his store and called the cops and they arrested me for negligence

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I had a dream last night that I was working at some small store (like CVS sized) that never had customers and was failing. The owner was about to go bankrupt so as a last ditch effort he showed up with a mech like from the one from the Titanfall campaign but way smaller. It was a bit bigger than person sized (the person's legs fit into the mech legs) so it could fit in the store but it still had all the guns and missiles. His idea was that they could promote it as a 'shopping exoskeleton' and customers would want to come and walk around the store in it while buying stuff for fun. So he put up a big sign in front of the store that said something like "TRY OUR NEW SHOPPING EXOSKELETON" and then left.

A few minutes later this gross redneck guy came in all excited to try out the mech. He had like food stains smeared all over his face and clothes and was wearing overalls but was so fat that he couldn't buckle them and the front part just flapped around. He jumped into the mech and start slapping buttons and like spinning around super fast shooting bullets and missiles and loving up the store. The mech then charged through a wall and went straight into a small lake outside and immediately sank into the bottom. Then it did the mech explosion thing from Titanfall underwater but the redneck guy never ejected or anything so I guess he died. The owner came back and started screaming about his store and called the cops and they arrested me for negligence

lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I had a dream that I was in a game of Humankind but just as a random citizen, and this was some kind of massively multiplayer version where all the citizens were other players. Everyone had been assigned a class and these were all colour coded, so everyone was wearing ancient Roman peasant garb but in bright colours. I'd been given pink which I was very unhappy about - I explained to another player as we were walking down to the plaza that "all the colours at this end of the rainbow are bad". There was an option to change class but the only thing I could change it to was purple, which I knew was worse. I don't think that at this point I knew what either pink or purple meant.

As it turned out, pink was the religion class, so I "checked my menu" and saw there were no religions yet, which was kind of strange because there were thousands of people in pink tunics around. I figured I should start a religion, which involved visiting an old monk and receiving a large woodcut of a lotus flower. I was excited to name my religion something funny so at least I could get some enjoyment out of being this terrible class, but I was told I couldn't name it myself and I would be founding "The Religion of the Winter Squirrel". I looked again at the lotus flower woodcut and it was now a picture of a squirrel.

The only duties I had as leader of this new religion were to try and get other people to join, and the only way I could do that was by sending server-wide messages to all the other players created from a dropdown menu like the soapstones from Dark Souls, with very limited word choices. I told everyone to "Make sure your [WIS MOD] is full of [BUFF]!" I guess on the basis that Clerics in D&D have high wisdom, so if people increased their wisdom they would naturally become more religious?

That then segued into a long and very frustrating sequence about trying to refuel a motorbike but at that point I don't think I was in the game any more.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
there was a game related part of a dream i had that i dont remember, but what i do remember is me finally doiing the doom map i said i would do, which included things iwanted to do like raising walls around an arena to make the cover more dynamic. eventually i reach a section that has sloped floors and i got worried about source port compatibility which woke me up

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

just had a dream that my friend and all his groomsmen + me were in desperate need of help to 'prepare' his wedding. No one was sure who to call and everyone was getting really upset, when my friend said "Should we call Wario, or Bob?". I don't know who the Bob was referring to but it made sense in the dream. We decided to call Wario and one of the groomsmen 'called' him by using some kind of wrist-gauntlet power rangers type communicator. He instantly came burrowing up through the floor like a mole, and launched into a huge explanation of how hard it was for him to get here, I.E., he had to fly in a helicopter all the way across the pacific, he had to ride with a caravan of traders through the Sahara desert, etc. I was very skeptical of this in the dream since he INSTANTLY popped up after we hit the communicator. We all told him relax Wario, you don't have to explain, we understand, we like you, at which point he went dead silent, then said "Very nice" and started doing the dishes.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spiking posted:

just had a dream that my friend and all his groomsmen + me were in desperate need of help to 'prepare' his wedding. No one was sure who to call and everyone was getting really upset, when my friend said "Should we call Wario, or Bob?". I don't know who the Bob was referring to but it made sense in the dream. We decided to call Wario and one of the groomsmen 'called' him by using some kind of wrist-gauntlet power rangers type communicator. He instantly came burrowing up through the floor like a mole, and launched into a huge explanation of how hard it was for him to get here, I.E., he had to fly in a helicopter all the way across the pacific, he had to ride with a caravan of traders through the Sahara desert, etc. I was very skeptical of this in the dream since he INSTANTLY popped up after we hit the communicator. We all told him relax Wario, you don't have to explain, we understand, we like you, at which point he went dead silent, then said "Very nice" and started doing the dishes.

Lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Spiking posted:

awesome

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spiking posted:

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

imagining an epic, dramatically soundtracked montage of people across the globe saying we love you Wario, we believe in you, you're our only hope, etc. before he rises to his feet with an empowered vigor to stomp over to a stack of dirty plates

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Dark Syde Wario

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Spiking posted:

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Spiking posted:

Lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

he instantly came burrowing up from the floor like a mole is my favorite part.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

wario got it together

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

imagining an epic, dramatically soundtracked montage of people across the globe saying we love you Wario, we believe in you, you're our only hope, etc. before he rises to his feet with an empowered vigor to stomp over to a stack of dirty plates

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Spiking posted:

very nice

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Spiking posted:

lol

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Spiking posted:

Lololol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Spiking posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

b_d posted:

he instantly came burrowing up from the floor like a mole is my favorite part.

I'm picturing him unhinging his jaw and eating through the ground like the weird dwarf from Artemis Fowl

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Spiking posted:

Lmfao

I had a Wario dream a few years ago where I asked for Super Wario 64 for the GBA for Christmas and got it. The game was a rom hack of Mario 64 where you play as Wario and he bounces on his rear end and farts everywhere. The graphics and frame rate looked super compressed and lovely, like when they made GBA cartridges where you can watch Shrek in <240p scenes. Later that day I saw on the news that everyone’s copies of Mario 64 were now replaced with Wario 64. Everybody was pissed and they all knew it was because I wished for it. My dad came up to me and said “you know you ruined a good thing for everyone, right?”

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Lmfao

I had a Wario dream a few years ago where I asked for Super Wario 64 for the GBA for Christmas and got it. The game was a rom hack of Mario 64 where you play as Wario and he bounces on his rear end and farts everywhere. The graphics and frame rate looked super compressed and lovely, like when they made GBA cartridges where you can watch Shrek in <240p scenes. Later that day I saw on the news that everyone’s copies of Mario 64 were now replaced with Wario 64. Everybody was pissed and they all knew it was because I wished for it. My dad came up to me and said “you know you ruined a good thing for everyone, right?”

lol drat

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

Lmfao

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The dark side of Imp Magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NienNunb posted:

Lmfao

Lmao