Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah having played it it's more of an idle game now, with what looks like a relatively clear track through. it's certainly more of a game, but i personally think it's less cool than the hilariously broken mess it used to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

If anyone is still playing Infinity Island I just realized that it doesn't sync with anything so you can just move your clock forward and backward

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I really like the current orb of creation

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

please knock Mom! posted:

I really like the current orb of creation

Yup, it's a much more involved game as opposed to "break this bad boy open as fast as possible"

The new mechanic is incomplete but it's pretty neat, it's a combat minigame!

It's a much more interesting puzzle trying to work around resource caps and spellbook limitations. Potions are 99% necessary to progress now since a lot of the later upgrades basically require you activate a potion to raise your resource caps and then frantically burst your resources up to that level. Overall it's in a much better state but remains a VERY active incremental game. Passive growth for various resources is introduced a lot earlier but the aggressive resource caps require a lot of attention. Kittens game except magic, and that's not a bad thing.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah I don’t like relying on potions, but that gets a lot better once you can generate water from mana and just keep churning them out

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Is there a SA Elethor corporation?

If so, can someone invite oodles. If not, :arghfist:

Edit: thanks.

Oodles fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 18, 2021

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Could I get an invite on fortior? Just started, it's pretty fun

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i started elethor earlier as baram if i could get an invite

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

In a slightly related avenue, is anyone still handing out approvals for pizza is free in Legends of Idleon?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
Saraiguma on Elethor tia!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Caprine on elethor please and thank you

And does the tutorial just end abruptly or is it broken? Nothing happens after the part where you're supposed to upgrade the gear you craft.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Lone Goat posted:

Caprine on elethor please and thank you

And does the tutorial just end abruptly or is it broken? Nothing happens after the part where you're supposed to upgrade the gear you craft.

It is very broken. Refresh the page and it'll skip past it and you can keep playing normally.

Also we're talking about the game a lot in the goon channel in the NGU discord, we still have slots for more players and the corp bank should have mats for low-level crafting stuff to level up quickly.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly this is the first I'm hearing of Elethor. What is it? Is it good?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Arzaac posted:

Honestly this is the first I'm hearing of Elethor. What is it? Is it good?

do you fondly remember games from the aughts where everything is restricted daily unless you pay money or are you willing to toil against p2w? if so, it's alright

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I think I've got everyone invited up to now; the corp has 7 spots left.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
When a game limits my actions I find it usefully curbs my otherwise obsessive compulsions, or atleast that's what I tell myself. Either way, I'm interested in new idles and I'm just starting Elethor as 'Goodchild' if the corp is still giving invites.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Just gave up on NG Space Company once I went to space and had to wait like 6-12 hours for enough metal for more comms arrays or whatever. Game was interesting though.

I honestly might go check out Realm Grinder again since I'm years behind at this point.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah I don’t like relying on potions, but that gets a lot better once you can generate water from mana and just keep churning them out

Think my main annoyance with potions is how you can't tell alchemists to make up to X potions of a type. Switching between potion types when you need them is fiddly, and it's a while until you get extra alchemizers, and even then different potions are produced at different rates.

Overall the new version is a pretty good pacing improvement, there's a lot more of a "what should I focus on for now" element to it, and you can still spam resources by having multiple copies of the resource spells and you don't have to mess around with remembering the original spell glyph combinations anymore.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Evolve: With the dev provided script, how do you setup/use the autoARPA stuff? Everything I've tried has led to either projects being the only thing being built, or them not even being touched at all unless literally every building except crafted material buildings are capped out and red.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Roflex posted:

I think I've got everyone invited up to now; the corp has 7 spots left.

I'd like an invite, EvilElmo

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

All invited, 3 slots left. Not sure what we're going to do when the corp completely fills up.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Roflex posted:

All invited, 3 slots left. Not sure what we're going to do when the corp completely fills up.

Just started on Bubbapook, if there’s any slots still free.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I stole some mats from the bank to craft myself a decent t1 suit, if anyone cares

Really speeds up the early game a lot, would recommend

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

I stole some mats from the bank to craft myself a decent t1 suit, if anyone cares

Yes, please do this- higher level players can farm poo poo faster, so we can just keep the bank stocked with lower level poo poo effortlessly.

Also, since we haven't really talked about the game much, I would describe it as a text-based MMO idler with a fully working market. You kill mobs for bear butts and there's quests for those butts, and most equipment is is crafted with randomized stats so there's incentive make multiple of the same thing for good rolls.

Note that the randomization is not Diablo-esque with affixes, just a -3 --> +3 possible range on stats built in on any piece of equipment. Currently the very end-game equipment doesn't have any randomization.

Farming mobs is sort of interesting in that each "action" (6 irl seconds) you fight as many mobs as you can before dying (there's no death penalty), so you want to kill the strongest thing that you can kill a bunch of in one go for the most exp/drops whenever you're not working on quests.

There's also an EVE-like skill training queue called "masteries", the most important of which early on is "Pack Hunter" since that lets you raise the cap on the number of mobs you can kill per action (base 3, max 15 late game).

The game is still kind of content dry (I feel like there's room for a lot more skills) and kind of buggy when the server is slow (sometimes switching targets to kill doesn't seem to stick) but it's an interesting cooperative game now.

Oh right, and the link is here: Elethor

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
It sounds like a basic version of Amaranthine with more combat emphasis

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Rynoto posted:

It sounds like a basic version of Amaranthine with more combat emphasis

i'm enjoying it more because gear isn't consumable

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

How do we do this? I’m still farming worms like a schlub

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

bubbapook posted:

How do we do this? I’m still farming worms like a schlub

Corp -> Inventory -> click item you want -> Type your name into "To who?".

You may need to reload the page, but it looks like everyone has permissions to take stuff from there.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Feline Mind Meld posted:

i'm enjoying it more because gear isn't consumable

As annoying as it was the consumable gear was at least required to keep the economy sort of moving.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

There's daily/weekly quests and the recyclobot that serve as resource sinks a lot better than consumable gear.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
I can't change which mining spot I am on. I click it, it says it'll change at my next cycle... but it doesn't, so I keep mining some lovely low drop rate/slow speed spot.

Is this a lovely bug or am I doing something wrong?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
kinda bummed this wall destroyer rewrite doesn't have any of the prestige stuff implemented yet. I'll probably leave it open and grind out a few more upgrades because IIRC they stick around. It's weird to me to have basically all of the coded and not to have a prestige mechanic implemented yet but it is what it is.

e: the servers are really slow and lovely, if you change right as it's about to take an action a lot of times you'll get a desync. try refreshing

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Feline Mind Meld posted:

e: the servers are really slow and lovely, if you change right as it's about to take an action a lot of times you'll get a desync. try refreshing

They sure are

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Feline Mind Meld posted:

kinda bummed this wall destroyer rewrite doesn't have any of the prestige stuff implemented yet. I'll probably leave it open and grind out a few more upgrades because IIRC they stick around. It's weird to me to have basically all of the coded and not to have a prestige mechanic implemented yet but it is what it is.
Oh poo poo, you don't get future knowledge capsules for trophies and such? This makes me want to quit given that I'm at the point where I just broke the fourth wall and have to grind out four million bricks to unlock reality compromisers, which takes a while even with the upgrades that I somehow had to refresh the page for.

I actually came here to ask when manual brick creation unlocked.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 20, 2021

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
manual brick doesn't exist and there's no prestige at all

I assume it's forthcoming but it's definitely really incomplete

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Feline Mind Meld posted:

manual brick doesn't exist and there's no prestige at all
...lol.

Well okay then, what else have we got that's new hotness lately?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
it's been pretty dead, I think mobile has co-opted a lot recently and filled poo poo with ads

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I guess I'll take an invite:
Arbitrary
https://elethor.com/profile/43053

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
I don't know if this has been posted, but I've been playing The Communitree! recently. It's a mod of prestige tree that although isn't terribly difficult, has quite a lot of content and a nod to some other incrementals as you play.

https://ducdat0507.github.io/communitree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

mrbasehart posted:

I don't know if this has been posted, but I've been playing The Communitree! recently. It's a mod of prestige tree that although isn't terribly difficult, has quite a lot of content and a nod to some other incrementals as you play.

https://ducdat0507.github.io/communitree

It gets laggy as hell after a while and I closed the tab when I hit the text adventure.