Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah once you really get up there the fun:sleep ratio starts tilting heavily towards sleep

Truth, ate 150 mg of delta 8 once. Swear I slept for days and still woke up high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It was a great and much needed healing sleep.

I'd had a massive bout of CFS insomnia and nerve pain before a friend mailed me that capsule.

When I came to, I felt rested and my body felt loving great :)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ooops, forgot to say that I had some new UK legal protection racket cartel weed Khiron T22 (Hindu Kush - 100% indica) arrive today. It smells like sherbet, and is loving amazing.

When I opened it I thought I'd been short changed, as it only looked like it was ~7g instead of 10g, but nope, it was 10g on the nose. They are just very dense buds.

I still can't get my head around that I'm legal.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

the one great thing about that ounce was it only cost like $50 and I'll always have a little nostalgia for the days of dropping like $200 on lovely weed and feeling weed rich for like a week before accidentally smoking it all in blunts

IMO the biggest drawback of the 50$ oz was the splitting headache.

Re: edible chat - high potency weed edibles give me an almost physical hangover. Just tired, dehydrated, very sore, usually nauseous. Does anyone else feel like that the next day?

Also, has anyone tried live resin in a Volcano or similar vaporizer? I'd like to get into live resin / dabbing at home, but I don't want to deal with a torch or nail.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Get a pen. I have a Yocan Evolve Plus. They are much better made now than a few years ago and run about $60. Just load a small amount in the coil, leaving room for airflow, and get a few good puffs in before reloading.

There are a few good options with pens. You can also buy live resin carts for a few types of batteries. More expensive in carts than by the gram, but it's simple and direct and shouldn't leave you with a mess to clean up.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The hindu kush up close

So pretty

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

There's something so satisfying about super dense buds

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

do you have to know any of the hard science stuff in pharma to get a job renaming weed strains into weird corporate gibberish or is it better come in with a background in marketing or branding? i want to be the person who turns "blue dream" into "GorTrixMetron E-235b"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

SilvergunSuperman posted:

There's something so satisfying about super dense buds

Yup :)

This is a lower resolution, but of the new pot of Red 2 (Lemon Skunk). It's very loving nice

Earwicker posted:

do you have to know any of the hard science stuff in pharma to get a job renaming weed strains into weird corporate gibberish or is it better come in with a background in marketing or branding? i want to be the person who turns "blue dream" into "GorTrixMetron E-235b"

No, there's not much logic with the renaming. They often have the THC strength in the name (such as T22), but that's about it, and Spectrum Therapeutics have different colours to stipulate strength, because reasons....

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

fuctifino posted:

Spectrum Therapeutics have different colours to stipulate strength, because reasons....
It's right there in their name!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Whatever their system is it probably gives you a better picture of the effects than the indica/sativa ratio or the name of the strain

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The best way to do edibles, as someone with a high tolerance to them, is just to eat way too loving many for a sane mind to handle.

A couple years ago I had a huge amount of edibles in my home because I'd had my weed card for 2 years at that point and kept getting free/cheap edibles when I went to dispensaries and I decided to, you know, try and have some fun with them as someone who has been smoking too much weed on an hourly basis for almost 2 decades.

So I ate 600mg of gummies and then stuffed another ~1200mg into my pockets (for later popping into my mouth) and spontaneously decided "I should go for a walk". I of course also had a vape pen to get even more insanely ripped along the way. I started at my apartment in Scottsdale and I walked all the way to loving downtown Phoenix, a ~14 mile walk, along this route:

Eating gummies and going for walks was nothing new to me but as you might notice if you decide to Google Maps the route or something, this was quite a walk through every urban hellscape you can imagine. I passed by the grungy club center of downtown Scottsdale, then through a long corridoor of high-walled mansions belonging to baseball players, took a detour through some ultra-rich neighborhood at the foot of Camelback Mountain where every gigantic house was on 20 acres of prime wooded real estate right in the middle of a desert city, got through that into a land of addicts passed out on freeway overpasses, which bleeds into some of the worst parts of Phoenix. Then it happened.

Along the final stretch of this walk through Midtown, Phoenix, somewhere past the Biltmore (the ultra-ritzy shopping palace for the megarich) I reached peak high (also having eaten most of my extra gummies by then) and also stumbled into the most bizarre Alice in Wonderland moment of my life which I still remember fondly.

There's this huge stretch of nothing but car dealerships and when you are as high as I was it feels like it goes on forever. Every single one of them has wacky waving inflatable arm men, giant inflated gorillas and other weird balloon poo poo outside, and tents set up everywhere.

This was the middle of the day on a weekday and everyone else in the world was at work but I was busy rocking my brain out of my skull with edibles and walking, completely alone, through this land full of tall balloon beings. The entire time I only passed two people on the sidewalk and I poo poo you not they were both these gigantic 7 foot tall men in uncle sam costumes.

So I'm walking down this road right as every edible careens straight into my brain and fucks me up and I look around and literally everything - every person, every balloon, everything, is so loving tall that I feel like I am shrunken. I started to worry that I was going to shrink too much and get too small to be able to climb onto the bus to go home when I was done. At one point I started running to catch a bus I wasn't even trying to get on just because I wanted to see if I was still tall enough to climb on board.

After I made it through Wonderland I was starting to sober up mostly from being scared that I was too tiny to get onto a bus and I completed my walk chugging down cigarettes, walking through the poor part of town and getting stuck in not one but two different massive crowds of school kids getting in fights and waiting for buses until I finally got to the final stretch down Central Ave, finished my walk and then took a bus home.

It was so much fun I was going to make it an annual excursion but then covid happened the next year.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why, but my edible tolerance has never matched my flower/oil/concentrate tolerance which kinda owns. 20-30mg has been where it'd at lately, especially after my oral surgery, but a week or two off edibles and I'll be able to get a mild buzz off 10mg. It honestly makes getting high extremely cheap when I want it to be and that owns

I got an ear infection over the weekend and it fuckin' sucks but weed doesn't so hell yeah

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I was looking at lab glassware online to make a bong with, because everyone needs a hobby.

The first purchase was this condenser and stand from Amazon, which came to £15 in total. I've currently got the outer reservoir filled with water, but I'm planning on filling it with glycerine and leaving it in the freezer when not in use. Even with the reservoir unfilled, it adds a surprising amount of cooling, and adds over 50cm of extra narrow glass pathway to the bong.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I thought about rigging up something like that too! Glycerine is smart, I wondered at how effectively just water would be able to cool the smoke. Nice work!

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Code Jockey posted:

I thought about rigging up something like that too! Glycerine is smart, I wondered at how effectively just water would be able to cool the smoke. Nice work!
i have a bong with a glycerin chamber like that where you leave it in the freezer. it's like his, but only half the height. it doesn't stay cold for very long compared to how long it takes to get cold and that little tube is also difficult to clean, so it doesn't get used unless i need to use 3 bongs at the same time. i like using ice a lot better

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

To be honest, just water is probably enough, especially if I added a second water filled condenser to the mix....

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That looks like some mad weed scientist poo poo. I am content with my bong I think

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My $35 dab rig is enough glass for me. Fancy glass is nice, I love that there's a market for it, but I've got butterfingers for anything over $50, like they're aware I'm holding something slightly pricy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Reruwp_Fs3Y

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I added the second condenser. There's over 1m of narrow twisty glass pathyway in there, which will be water cooled from an ice bucket when the pump arrives tomorrow. It'll produce the coolest vapour imaginable, allowing me to take even milkier hits. The ice water cooling may be too much, but I won't know until I try.

As for price, it's a really cheap setup. The condensers are £8 each, the stand £7, the globe bong £15... in fact, the most expensive part is the sneaky pete sidewinder stem (£22) that gave me the inspiration to look into lab condensers.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 22, 2021

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Delta-8-THC is absolute bullshit and don’t ever waste your money on it like a desperate out-of-state person like me.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Video Nasty posted:

Delta-8-THC is absolute bullshit and don’t ever waste your money on it like a desperate out-of-state person like me.

"You just didn't get it from the right place, maaan."

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My water pump arrived, meaning I've been able to connect the protoytpe Frankenbong V2 to the ice bucket.

It's very nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRY68xPmCKA

I'm still waiting for some bits to arrive to be able to complete it fully, so it's in a messy work in progress state... but yeah, it works amazingly :)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Video Nasty posted:

ive heard mixed reviews of d8. some people said they smoke a lot of d9 and it still hosed them up bad; others say basically what you said. need to gather more evidence...

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

thathonkey posted:

ive heard mixed reviews of d8. some people said they smoke a lot of d9 and it still hosed them up bad; others say basically what you said. need to gather more evidence...

As a near daily user I can confirm that some vapable Delta 8 has hosed me up good and then I had about half a gram of gummies and I did absolutely nothing.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I bought some delta 8 gummies along with my regular order once but I forget what they were like because I smoke a lot of weed

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I did not like how harsh the 3chi D8 carts were, but they did work. My brother is finding relief with D8 where his other medications don't help so that's enough for me (has not had good times with the weed)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There's so many legal states. Just take a road trip.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Was pointed here after asking about what the hell an ash catcher was. I have just gotten into this after leaving a safety sensitive job I had for 10-11 years.

The job hosed me up and I was diagnosed with ptsd from it while working there and was recommended medical from the doctors and psychologists, but the job was zero tolerance and packed with randoms.

I had a medical evaluation a couple weeks ago and I'm just waiting for the card to come in the mail.

The future is bright anyway, as legalized weed will happen regardless in 3 to 7 months where I am.

It's already legal to grow.

And I had a friend ready to sherpa me through and provide getting into it.

I'm just feeling good and I've been enjoying reading this thread.

Edit:

Weed

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Droogie posted:

Was pointed here after asking about what the hell an ash catcher was. I have just gotten into this after leaving a safety sensitive job I had for 10-11 years.

The job hosed me up and I was diagnosed with ptsd from it while working there and was recommended medical from the doctors and psychologists, but the job was zero tolerance and packed with randoms.

I had a medical evaluation a couple weeks ago and I'm just waiting for the card to come in the mail.

The future is bright anyway, as legalized weed will happen regardless in 3 to 7 months where I am.

Edit:

Weed

:yeah:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Droogie posted:

Edit:

Weed

Glad you could make it :v: I’m the ash catcher guy.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Don’t overthink the piece too much, a grinder, a beaker bong, small bowl, and an ash catcher should leave you in good stead. Make sure the hole at the bottom of the bowl isn’t too wide. I don’t have an exact measurement but just keep grinded up weed in mind and think through that while bowl shopping.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ive never bothered with an ash catcher. is it worth it? i only vape through my glass so it doesn't really get that dirty that quickly

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it keeps the rest of my bong cleaner and when i vape through it it helps get the temp cooler as well. i like mine

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
is a chillum supposed to stay lit, or do you just hold a lighter up and draw?

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

skooma512 posted:

Glad you could make it :v: I’m the ash catcher guy.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Don’t overthink the piece too much, a grinder, a beaker bong, small bowl, and an ash catcher should leave you in good stead. Make sure the hole at the bottom of the bowl isn’t too wide. I don’t have an exact measurement but just keep grinded up weed in mind and think through that while bowl shopping.

Definitely haven't been overthinking things too much. Went to a smoke shop and bought the first smallish bong I saw that wasn't ridiculous, bought an ash catcher off Amazon. Not the one posted but a similar flat bottom one and it's amazing. I have a vaporizer arriving tomorrow, which I'm quite excited about.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

PokeJoe posted:

ive never bothered with an ash catcher. is it worth it? i only vape through my glass so it doesn't really get that dirty that quickly

Important double post:

DO IT

1) looks awesome
2) feel fancy
3) made it crazy smooth

Droogie fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 23, 2021

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

I remember the first weed I bought on my own in my 20s and even the shake I can buy for $80/oz is better than that. Ridiculous(ly awesome)

we used to get brick weed that was like a hard solid brick and the seeds would actually be flattened because it was so compressed, but we all bought QPs of it so we would always be smoking huge blunts or fat joints

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

eddiewalker posted:

is a chillum supposed to stay lit, or do you just hold a lighter up and draw?

stay it for how long? it should stay lit for your inhale but you'll need to re-light it if you take more than one hit off of it usually.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

PokeJoe posted:

stay it for how long? it should stay lit for your inhale but you'll need to re-light it if you take more than one hit off of it usually.

idk. I think I packed it too loose. I think it works a lot better as a dynavap stem than for smoking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you'll have to hold the flame to it a little to get it started but it should maintain itself as you inhale once it's going. i like to hold up the metal part of the lighter to the end of hitters to see the reflected glow to know if it's lit or not.