Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

dogsicle posted:

those drat funnels...!
granbelm's fight scenes have a funny progression where the first few eps suffer from confusing choreography, the whole middle of the show is gold with no real problems aside from using SD mechs, and the finale is just funnel spam w/ bonus jesus mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I did a little googling, continuing to look for a podcast that will deliver the isekai dunks I crave, and turned up a podcast called Weeaboo Hell. It self describes as a comedy podcast, has good snarky ep titles, and also has supplemental episodes considering the medium a little more seriously. No idea if it’s good or not, but I’ll listen to an ep or two and find out.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

dogsicle posted:

what did you brine

it's in my avatar

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
how many flavors of isekai dunk are there. can i get them in strawberry

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

reborn in another world with my jordans

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Colonel posted:

how many flavors of isekai dunk are there. can i get them in strawberry

I Chaos Dunked the Windy City and was Pulled Into Another Dimension Isekai

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Probated So Hard I Reincarnated In Another World?! The F-Rank Leper's Colonist Will Become The Strongest With Only Posting ~I'll Live An Easy Forum Life~

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

homeless snail posted:

reborn in another world with my jordans

id read the poo poo outta that

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

avoraciopoctules posted:

I did a little googling, continuing to look for a podcast that will deliver the isekai dunks I crave, and turned up a podcast called Weeaboo Hell. It self describes as a comedy podcast, has good snarky ep titles, and also has supplemental episodes considering the medium a little more seriously. No idea if it’s good or not, but I’ll listen to an ep or two and find out.

I tried 3 eps, and I do not think this is a recommendation. Lots of moaning about the state of the industry, little in the way of good comedy bits. Has some decent insight but it is not fun to listen to.

I do think there are solid anime podcasts out there, my fave next to Anime Slushie is probably Bizarre Podcast: Dogs Must Die by Chip and Ironicus. It's always lovely seeing them get hype about the crazy stuff and theorize a bit about what delightfully silly stuff would be going on off camera to hold the world together.

Visual Novel Book Club with Slowbeef and friends is a solid anime-adjacent pod. The Raging Loop season was particularly fun, but just in general it's a broad cast who bounce off each other well and tend to have fun perspectives on the work.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

avoraciopoctules posted:

Visual Novel Book Club with Slowbeef and friends is a solid anime-adjacent pod. The Raging Loop season was particularly fun, but just in general it's a broad cast who bounce off each other well and tend to have fun perspectives on the work.

He still does that? It's not the sort of thing I'd usually listen to but I really enjoyed the Analogue/Hate Plus ones, though that might just be because I really like those.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

raging loop ftw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They just started doing The Great Ace Attorney.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora posted:

where's Furnaceface the girl's hockey anime is premiering next month

I am still here, just really busy at work dealing with all the idiots that put off getting a vaccine until the last minute when their jobs suddenly got put on the line over it. Its so much fun. I love my job. kill me

I am ready for hockey of any kind at this point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Vishkujo/status/1428933325201321988

:hai:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI9yaBuQ_3k

Honestly this is probably the best use of those Galaxy of Adventures vignettes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yesterday night we finished watching Sangatsu no Lion with my mother. What a beautiful show. We were pretty shocked with how much we enjoyed pretty much everyone in the cast, even though some characters (like Gotou) didn't feel as explored as the others. I assume we're not going to get a third season anytime soon, if ever, so I may just bite the bullet and start reading the manga.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Azran posted:

Yesterday night we finished watching Sangatsu no Lion with my mother. What a beautiful show. We were pretty shocked with how much we enjoyed pretty much everyone in the cast, even though some characters (like Gotou) didn't feel as explored as the others. I assume we're not going to get a third season anytime soon, if ever, so I may just bite the bullet and start reading the manga.
God I wish; another season would have likely adapted the next major story beat with the Kawamoto sisters which combined with the bullying arc in S2 solidified March Lion as a cut so much farther above anything remotely like it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
thanks to the usps i now physically own Nichijou in bluray format, which gives me an amount of happiness

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Kild posted:

lol if you dont know where the new vtuber thread is

I have no idea where it is, so I'll just put this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmL3GUMV04M

Aizawa Ema debut today as part of Virtual Esports Project. I'm just going to throw this out there, but she's probably really well known from her past life considering the 400k views and 61k subs just from her debut stream. I have no idea who she is, but considering how much buzz there is, she might be worth checking out.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Trihugger posted:

Aizawa Ema debut today as part of Virtual Esports Project. I'm just going to throw this out there, but she's probably really well known from her past life considering the 400k views and 61k subs just from her debut stream. I have no idea who she is, but considering how much buzz there is, she might be worth checking out.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Trihugger posted:

thats a ?good? av

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

start a vtuber thread in the byob chat forum. this thread is for more important things.

mycophobia posted:

thanks to the usps i now physically own Nichijou in bluray format, which gives me an amount of happiness

like this :cheers:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
nichijou ftw

Shions of Qud

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

what is this

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Someone spent their hard earned :10bux: on my avatar. They can feel that they got their money's worth from me.

EDIT: I've posted in a few different boards on the forum and no mod has found it offensive enough to remove, so oh well, guess I have to live with it. If I had an idea for an avatar, I'd replace it, but I spent 12 years without an avatar, so I have no idea what to replace it with.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 19, 2021

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Strange Quark posted:

what is this

anime babes?? well one at least

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you guys gotta get out more, be densitized to trihugger's av in other threads, all that good stuff

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
saw that Yakitate!! Japan! got licensed to CrunchyRoll- how is the translation? the show is so loving dense in puns it seemed impossible to localise at all, the fansubs 10-15 years ago were really hard to read- if you actually wanted to get 100% you had to pause a lot.

Yakitate!! Japan! is the best anime ever by the way, if you've never watched it. but surely some of you have right. how am i supposed to watch this poo poo with a friend. he thinks its hilarious same as me but man we're missing a little every time they loving bake. guess we just have to learn japanese and live there for 10 years

also, there's no english show that has as many puns as a comedy anime right? because jesus christ yakitate has like 4 or 5 an episode. it's pretty interesting really....

Quotey fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 19, 2021

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Polnareff is dumb as hell huh.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sure is.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Himbo with a heart of gold

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Strange Quark posted:

what is this

Can't say for sure, but it gives the same vibes as the "neural network that creates cats out of some trash lines you drew" thing, but with anime lady instead of cats, and then iterated instead of done in one shot.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://thisanimedoesnotexist.ai/

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

chumbler posted:

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.

Nani?! He's forcefully planting his skates into the hill, creating foot holds that allows him to ice skate up the hill?! Did he think of this at this moment? This guy's on a whole different level!!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

i hate this almost as much as the photorealistic one

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Trihugger posted:

vspo (virtual esports project) is in a big explosion of popularity and her artist is very talented (also designed Ceres). expected numbers imo. the people want their apex legends anime streamers

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Quotey posted:

saw that Yakitate!! Japan! got licensed to CrunchyRoll- how is the translation? the show is so loving dense in puns it seemed impossible to localise at all, the fansubs 10-15 years ago were really hard to read- if you actually wanted to get 100% you had to pause a lot.

Yakitate!! Japan! is the best anime ever by the way, if you've never watched it. but surely some of you have right. how am i supposed to watch this poo poo with a friend. he thinks its hilarious same as me but man we're missing a little every time they loving bake. guess we just have to learn japanese and live there for 10 years

also, there's no english show that has as many puns as a comedy anime right? because jesus christ yakitate has like 4 or 5 an episode. it's pretty interesting really....

I feel like Arrested Development beats out 5 puns/wordplay things an episode on average but it’s been a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://thisanimedoesnotexist.ai/slider.html?seed=63209

creativity 0.3

creativity 2

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Sep 19, 2021