Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Get his rear end Chris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Chris will show up but it ain’t gonna be for a match- just to pop in and slap his name out of Brexit Billy’s idiot yap.

(…please)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

What has he done since being released by wwe anyways? Haven't heard about him at all.

Several failed attempts at self-promotion including a sub-reddit and a conrad podcast. Amazingly the sub-reddit is still reasonably active even though he pays no attention to it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna be Hyper Misao

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Mob posted:

Unless strip club rules have changed in Quebec recently I'm pretty sure Montreal wrestling still lives in its own off-kilter orbit(inside the province that is)

Oh no it's become a lot more normal and rightfully so dude, 2021 isn't 2005

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ha. I didn't even consider Hero after reading Will's tweet figuring he's done with wrestling.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

fez_machine posted:

Several failed attempts at self-promotion including a sub-reddit and a conrad podcast. Amazingly the sub-reddit is still reasonably active even though he pays no attention to it.

He's also done producer work for ROH I think

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i feel second hand embarrassment for chris hero. the "no" that he initially responded with was more than enough and seemed like a light-hearted, "it's not me btw" type of joke. but he took it to another level with what is clearly a serious accusation and demand even though no one thought he was being advertised or referenced because we're all aware of the officially adopted, widely accepted, and tightly followed class system of new japan.

Ace — the premiere athlete who is beloved, and who embraces the responsibility of a leader. (Final state, often the top babyface)
King — the premiere athlete who is admired or feared, and who demands the responsibility of a leader. (Final state, often the top heel)
Hero — the athlete that desires to learn the responsibility of a leader. Heroes are resilient, and they take pleasure in gaining experience and entertaining the audience by displaying growth of their craft. Heroes can evolve into Aces.
Champion — as in Arena Champion. The athlete that desires battle and glory. Champions are supremely confident in their own ability, and they take pleasure in entertaining the audience by being intense. Champions can evolve into Kings.
Prince — the athlete that knows they are destined for greatness. Princes carry themselves as if they are completely comfortable with themselves, and are supremely confident. Princes can evolve into Heroes or Champions, but may fall by the wayside.
Hella Dawg Turd — yujiro, etc

i do not like will ospreay, but it's clear he was talking about a Hero class wrestler, which Chris Hero incidentally is not and has never been. He was a King at one time, so perhaps knowing the system as all wrestlers and fans do, he'll lodge a complaint against someone for using the word king as well!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cavauro posted:

Hella Dawg Turd — yujiro, etc

I mean, it all checks out!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/dril/status/701465049030926343?s=21

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Self High Five

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1439302692476649474

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
https://mobile.twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1439303779355144205

Good joke from TJP of all people.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/Mei_gtmv/status/1439293740976271364

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1439389969190166530

She's going mad with power.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/SNM_Buddy/status/1439405422016974852?s=19

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Oh my

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/MrGMSI_BCage/status/1439389242539479041

In what world has this dork not had a chance to show all of these things. He's been given every drat chance and just can't stop complaining.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

AK-47 posted:

In what world has this dork not had a chance to show all of these things. He's been given every drat chance and just can't stop complaining.

i love brian cage but man you can't just loving write out the skills you'd put on your resume dude

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AK-47 posted:

Log off, Brian

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

Log off, Brian

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

AK-47 posted:

Lol he's basically blaming AEW for the crowd not giving a gently caress about him anymore huh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I mean they are legitimately booking him badly, he’s a body guy who can’t cut promos for poo poo and they’ve taken him out of team Taz where he had the promo guys. He came in as a monster heel and they turned him face before he was near ready to leave his stable. Don’t get the complaining on Twitter but he’s one of the wrestlers in AEW at the moment where they are absolutely not playing to his strengths

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I mean they are legitimately booking him badly, he’s a body guy who can’t cut promos for poo poo and they’ve taken him out of team Taz where he had the promo guys. He came in as a monster heel and they turned him face before he was near ready to leave his stable. Don’t get the complaining on Twitter but he’s one of the wrestlers in AEW at the moment where they are absolutely not playing to his strengths

I agree, I have an unsubstantiated feeling he might be difficult to work with or something, and it seems like he's maybe upset he's been used to put over Ricky but like he was also built pretty drat strong during that feud including beating Hangman in a surprise.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He had the promo guys, but they just made his utter lack of charisma stand out even more.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
One of my favourite AEW things of all time was when Taz used to narrate the little videos about wrestlers before matches and the one for Brian cage kept zooming in and circling his massively roided up traps

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Look I love Cage but he's been one of the more strongly booked guys in the company. He's been in a bunch of high profile matches and has won a fair number of them, has something like an 80% win rate in the company, and has been a pretty constant TV presence since his debut.

He hasn't had the best booking lately but a lot of that has to do with Ricky being hurt I think.

If he's really this upset about his situation, he needs to log off and go talk to Tony Khan, who at this point has a reputation for doing whatever he has to in order to make his wrestlers happy. Surely they can work something out to showcase Brian better?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
All that stuff he did with sting was so weird

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He got to powerbomb Sting!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Cage has been in AEW for 16 months and has been a face for ~2 of them. His face turn was ill advised but one shaky storyline doesn't cancel out more than a year of strong booking. PPV ladder match win, cool stable with a good manager, vanity title, two title feuds, lengthy rivalry with one of the promotion's most popular babyfaces, praised PPV cinematic match with a legend, rare win over the company's next world champ...right now is the low point of his AEW career and it's still "featured storyline playing against talented and popular wrestlers"

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I agree that this was bad booking but this was still an angle where he still had plenty of opportunity to showcase all the things he listed, just as he always had.

Him being so visibly upset about this instead of going straight to Tony Khan is sus too. My unsubstantiated feeling is that considering he's already an anti-vax chud, he might have been Cornpilled somewhere along the way lol.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hobbs' promo segment from Rampage showed that literally everyone in Team Taz had more charisma than Cage does.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
maybe he’s actually a big brain genius working all the marks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My feeling is you should give Brian Cage's spot to HOOK

My feeling is also you should give everyone's spots to HOOK

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Rarity posted:

My feeling is also you should give everyone's spots to HOOK

Put the tag belts on HOOK

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I will say, while I disagree with the premise of his complaints, I don't actually care about Cage complaining on Twitter. Not only is it low on the scale of dumb poo poo wrestlers do, it's low on the scale of dumb poo poo Brian Cage specifically does.

Ultimately I hope the company can reasonably satisfy him, because it is fun to watch him do steroid freak wrestling poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
put Cage in Death Quadrangle as the “heater”

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Release Brian Cage and let him go take a fat paycheque from WWE, so they can brag about finally winning one to generate content for the bad takes thread and Cage can see what lovely booking actually looks like.

gently caress that Drake Wuertz-loving chud dickhead.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Funnily, Brian's real-life complaints are exactly the sort of talking points Taz would go on a tirade about in a feud; it's always about how Team Taz are not given the same chance as another popular wrestler or faction.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he needs to change his gimmick to brine shrimp cage and become a salty old fisherman who warns ppl of messing with the sea. she is unforgiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Would be funny if Tony (the one who CAN help him) is trying to talk to him and Cage is ignoring him to complain on Twitter (the ones who CAN'T.)

Even better is if his demands are that he hold the world title forever and become Goldberg or some poo poo.