Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

I...don't know who you are?

How long have you been in a one-sided feud with me?

I’d have this conversation with you but this isn’t the place, and since you just share pms, gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I didn't actually share the PM, but alright man.

I hope this is the beginning of a process that ends with you taking down the TheScott2K corkboard with all the pictures and red strings.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
How about that Xbox Game Pass?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

TheScott2K posted:

It's so cool how the "there's no ethical consumption under capitalism" meme turned into just total nihilism about how and what we consume. Never could have predicted the internet would turn something like that into a pretext to just feel fine about doing whatever they wanted to from the start.

go outside

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Stux posted:

go outside

in more of a "making sure my door and window locks work" mode tonight

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Super No Vacancy posted:

just put american mcgay on ignore and keep reading

crybaby

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I, for one, am personally in favor of Happy Hedonist and TheScott2K keeping this imaginary and baseless beef public. Twelve Minutes feels like a month ago and the Xbox thread needs some more nonsensical garbage.

Stux and American McGay feel free to air some dirty laundry as well.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not sure what I did to get dragged into this other than boldly claim that my purchase has an equal impact on the company that made 30 billion dollars last year as the company that only made 10 billion dollars last year.

I don't even play COD I only play mid-tier indie treasures released for free on Xbox Game Pass.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

For a moment I thought I stumbled into a PC gaming thread.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is this a bit

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RBA Starblade posted:

It's good but something about it made me extremely nauseous after twenty minutes. Usually games like it (like Antichamber for instance) don't bother me, not sure why this one did

It made me sick too. And it wasn't even the parts where it got really Inception. Just the camera whipping around the way it did is what I think caused it. But I'm a dummy who played it for like 4 hours feeling sick until I put 2 and 2 together.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I've been spending a lot more time in Craftopia than I did when I tried it on PC.

It's kind of all over the place, and the combat isn't satisfying, but there's so very much to do.

I got a few hours out of it as a podcast game because this is just relentless objectives and miniquests and tasks game at the moment. After a while I had to ask myself if I was having fun and I'm pretty sure I wasn't.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
This is really cool.

https://hiddenpalace.org/News/Project_Deluge:_Xbox_and_Dreamcast

quote:

Continuing with our efforts with Project Deluge, today we present over 349 Microsoft Xbox prototypes and 135 Sega Dreamcast prototypes! From unreleased games to early builds, this lot continues to be fruitful.

The site goes on to say that the Xbox list has an especially high number of unreleased games in this batch.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
I have a Xbox One S and an Xbox 360. My friend who owns a PS4 Pro is buggering me to play World of Tanks with him. Now I've got questions.

There is crossplay I think so theoretically I could play WoT on Xbox one (has been on XB360 but discontinued I think) and we'd meet by chance.

There is no way to "friend" him and talk over headset since these are two competing brands, right?

So either I get a PS4 or he gets one of those numerous XBone models we can't really play together, right?

Thank you very much.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

I have a Xbox One S and an Xbox 360. My friend who owns a PS4 Pro is buggering me to play World of Tanks with him. Now I've got questions.

There is crossplay I think so theoretically I could play WoT on Xbox one (has been on XB360 but discontinued I think) and we'd meet by chance.

There is no way to "friend" him and talk over headset since these are two competing brands, right?

So either I get a PS4 or he gets one of those numerous XBone models we can't really play together, right?

Thank you very much.

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/xbox-ps4-crossplay/

Sounds easy enough

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zerot posted:

This is really cool.

https://hiddenpalace.org/News/Project_Deluge:_Xbox_and_Dreamcast

The site goes on to say that the Xbox list has an especially high number of unreleased games in this batch.
The primary highlight of the unreleased games is The Vatz, a third-person shooter by Beenox that has very little information out for it online after it no-showed E3 2002. The build is very clearly intended for pitching to publishers, with hint icons scattered around the one level popping out large text boxes detailing planned features, so it's kind of fascinating in that regard.

The other unreleased games are typically Xbox versions of PS2 shovelware like Made Man, as well as a lame party game called Hail To The Chimp that got cancelled and remade for 360.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My lovely loving PS5 crashed again and is now bricked apparently. If not I'm sure I lost my deathloop save. I would have sold this thing if I didnt trade in my PS4 for like three years of PS plus.

Xbox stays winning.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If I remember correctly, because its been a loooong time, Hail to the Chimp wishes it was merely bad.

Back Compatability when, Phil???

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

exquisite tea posted:

What's the best XB controller for PC gaming these days? I need one that ideally won't freak out my bluetooth and has a segmented non-terrible D-Pad for fighting games.

I've not had any trouble with using a Series X controller over bluetooth and it has good range. It has Bluetooth 5.2.
Before that I used the Wireless Dongle without any issues. I just wanted to free up a USB port.

As for segmented d-pads, the only XB controller I recall seeing those on is the Razer Wolferine Ultimate, but it's wired only.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Kins posted:

The primary highlight of the unreleased games is The Vatz, a third-person shooter by Beenox that has very little information out for it online after it no-showed E3 2002. The build is very clearly intended for pitching to publishers, with hint icons scattered around the one level popping out large text boxes detailing planned features, so it's kind of fascinating in that regard.

The other unreleased games are typically Xbox versions of PS2 shovelware like Made Man, as well as a lame party game called Hail To The Chimp that got cancelled and remade for 360.

I miss the post-GTA3 days when every gangland IP under the sun was getting a game adaptation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Scarface game was so fun

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The Sopranos Road To Respect is absolutely incredible in how bad it is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Feivel Mouse: The Movie the Game is probably the highest score combination of "terrible", "obscure license", "regions released in", and "use of the license" but Id like to see more competitors because I'd never heard of this Sopranos game

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Barudak posted:

Feivel Mouse: The Movie the Game is probably the highest score combination of "terrible", "obscure license", "regions released in", and "use of the license" but Id like to see more competitors because I'd never heard of this Sopranos game

There’s no shortage of them.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Godfather game wasn't bad, to be honest. I've heard the sequel's a real stinker, though.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Don't forget the Scarface game that came out a few years after Vice City made use of most of its recognizable elements.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Thank you, thank you.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
there was a fight club ps2 game?
wtf where are my office space and truman show video games

boz
Oct 16, 2005

BoosterDuck posted:

there was a fight club ps2 game?
wtf where are my office space and truman show video games

A Truman Show game where you play as the director would be pretty cool

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheScott2K posted:

Don't forget the Scarface game that came out a few years after Vice City made use of most of its recognizable elements.

Yes but could you drive around with a tiger in the back seat in Vice City?!

Scarface was the perfect collision of "Licensed movie game attempting to be a sequel" and "GTA clone" and I played the hell out of it.

That and whatever that weird LOTR rpg that had the movie license but was your party being 5 minutes behind the Fellowship was another weirdly engrossing licensed game from that period.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the Scarface game was so fun

joylessdivision posted:

Scarface was the perfect collision of "Licensed movie game attempting to be a sequel" and "GTA clone" and I played the hell out of it.

The beginning of the game was the final scene of the film, except in-game you survive. It was a sequel to one of the greatest films of all-time. Goddamn that was a amazing game.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
The Godfather was tons of fun on PS2. it reminds me a lot of Mafia 2, which is another game I really enjoy

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So it's talk like a pirate day. Anyone going to play Sea of Thieves?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

No, but I'll be playing Monkey Island 2.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Played Aragami 2 with another goon, was real fun. Need to try with the max 3 as it was getting harder even with the easy ai. Game is a janky mess though, and it seemed every game was progressively laggier. Hope they work it out, it's genuinely fun to mix up the ninja powers to kill the mooks.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Anyone here know what the Street Fighter IV situation is like in regards to BC?

The official list says every title is supported except Ultra SFIV. Looking on the Microsoft store pages, it seems Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is the latest version (with BC listed as a feature) and Ultra SFIV is listed as a DLC purchase which also has the BC functionality indicated in the 'Available on' section.

Doing research however, there seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether it's actually BC or not with plenty of people running all versions of SFIV (except Ultra) fine with no problems, but the Ultra upgrade seems to be 50/50? A lot of people have stated that it doesn't work and I saw some issues on the Xbox forums where people complained about this and the Microsoft response was that Ultra SFIV is not on the list of BC games, but it's DLC and not a game so it wouldn't show there anyways, and the store page says it's available on Xbox Series S|X & Xbox One so :psyduck: There's also a bunch of people saying that it does work so I figured it best to just ask here.

Does anyone have the game? Would be interested to know if it actually works or not since the Ultra DLC adds content that I'm interested in, so I'd be disappointed if I bought Arcade Edition and then couldn't play as the new characters or see the new stages brought over from SF vs. Tekken.

Is it some kind of Sony pettiness? I know the PS4 port of USFIV was garbage and tournaments stuck with the 360 version until Sony forced their hand, and every other version of the game working flawlessly while Ultra BC is questionable seems really unusual.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:shrug:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

Anyone here know what the Street Fighter IV situation is like in regards to BC?

The official list says every title is supported except Ultra SFIV. Looking on the Microsoft store pages, it seems Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is the latest version (with BC listed as a feature) and Ultra SFIV is listed as a DLC purchase which also has the BC functionality indicated in the 'Available on' section.

Doing research however, there seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether it's actually BC or not with plenty of people running all versions of SFIV (except Ultra) fine with no problems, but the Ultra upgrade seems to be 50/50? A lot of people have stated that it doesn't work and I saw some issues on the Xbox forums where people complained about this and the Microsoft response was that Ultra SFIV is not on the list of BC games, but it's DLC and not a game so it wouldn't show there anyways, and the store page says it's available on Xbox Series S|X & Xbox One so :psyduck: There's also a bunch of people saying that it does work so I figured it best to just ask here.

Does anyone have the game? Would be interested to know if it actually works or not since the Ultra DLC adds content that I'm interested in, so I'd be disappointed if I bought Arcade Edition and then couldn't play as the new characters or see the new stages brought over from SF vs. Tekken.

Is it some kind of Sony pettiness? I know the PS4 port of USFIV was garbage and tournaments stuck with the 360 version until Sony forced their hand, and every other version of the game working flawlessly while Ultra BC is questionable seems really unusual.

I have the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, and it works on BC. I don't know whether Ultra Street Fighter IV as DLC works, but it's available in the store on the Series X for fifteen bucks, so I assume that it works as well. If it doesn't, you can probably get a refund. I think MS is pretty good about refunding stuff that's actually broken and not playable.

Turns out there are a ton of downloads for this game. Costume packs or something for money and compatibility packs for free. Jesus, these's like 60 DLCs.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
just play SFV instead its better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Street Fighter IV was a bit of a mess in terms of the number of SKUs out there, but I can confirm that at least "Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition + Ultra DLC" does work for XB1 BC the way it should (so you get all the characters and stuff), the only nuance is the title screen still says "Arcade Edition" (but once the game "checks downloadable content" it gives you everything).

The standalone "Street Fighter IV Ultra Edition" on Xbox 360 was disc-only anyway, digitally you could only do Arcade Edition+Ultra DLC.

Street Fighter V overall does a better job since the entire game is built off a single root SKU but the way character+stage+costume ownership is handled is fucky due to most items being purchaseable for "free" with fight money. It's especially rough for people trying to run a tournament with multiple copies.