Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

empty whippet box posted:

it's insane to me that dnd posters think that *they* are the ones who have rational discussions while *we* are the ones being out of pocket about poo poo. if any real discussion happens they get huffy so fast it's ridiculous and a mod steps in and says 'WHOA WHOA WHOA now, this thread about this topic in the forum titled debate and discussion isn't for debate or discussion about this topic. take it elsewhere' with a stunning consistency. Unless of course you are praising biden or bashing a cspam poster which case you may proceed, governor.

This thread is practical. Its for people who are figuring out what to do to stay safe individually. The other thread is theoretical, it's for using wikipedia's list_of_logical_fallices to avoid taking action at all cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

it's insane to me that dnd posters think that *they* are the ones who have rational discussions while *we* are the ones being out of pocket about poo poo. if any real discussion happens they get huffy so fast it's ridiculous and a mod steps in and says 'WHOA WHOA WHOA now, this thread about this topic in the forum titled debate and discussion isn't for debate or discussion about this topic. take it elsewhere' with a stunning consistency. Unless of course you are praising biden or bashing a cspam poster which case you may proceed, governor.

i'm sorry do i detect a hint of emotion in this post?

ALARMIST!!! ALARMIST!!!! :mods:

someone is UPSET that a pandemic is killing off thousands of people per day, please remove this sort of thing from my eyesight posthaste!

ah good, now back to calmly discussing how people dying isn't so bad because it's happening at a low percentage

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Still salty about the kid-rape so gently caress penn state

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I do want to pop in to say that I agree with all your points with the caveat that the current IK of the covid thread has allowed a lot more free and open discussions than the previous covid thread. I’ve had very little issues pointing out the mistakes and mismanagement of the Biden admin, the CDC, and Democratic leadership than I did in the previous thread. Other posters might get mad but the discussion is allowed to continue.

I can’t speak for other threads in DnD.

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 19, 2021

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

Still salty about the kid-rape so gently caress penn state
A tradition of turning their backs to bad things

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Google Butt posted:

lmfao the dnd posters are absolutely psychotic it rules

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

shyduck posted:

Theyll be with JoePa soon

inshallah

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Zeroisanumber posted:

That's one of a few possible scenarios.

I still think that human idiocy in search of a good meal is the most likely

it's really not a possible scenario that the virus was artificially constructed in a lab

https://twitter.com/florian_krammer/status/1397880781675053057

even if you were doing high-throughput screens on lung organoids or susceptible mouse models, you would never arrive at COVID-19

acems
May 8, 2019

went to the farmers market this morning. 100% masked. there was a free covid testing stand and a ton of people were doing it just because it was available.

that’s kinda cool to see

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

making a bioweapon to destabilize China that ends up getting a 600:1 American:Chinese KDR would be in line with our general stupidity

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
Maybe the vaccine will sterilize our kids and result in massive global population reduction, solving climate change. That would rule.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://twitter.com/crumbbutler/status/1397882748711407616?s=20

https://twitter.com/Nsight4sight/status/1397883664541835267?s=20

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

post COVID posted:

it's really not a possible scenario that the virus was artificially constructed in a lab

https://twitter.com/florian_krammer/status/1397880781675053057

even if you were doing high-throughput screens on lung organoids or susceptible mouse models, you would never arrive at COVID-19

If lab rat churn is an indicator, it would have taken more pangolins than exist to manufacture this virus.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

i'm sorry do i detect a hint of emotion in this post?

ALARMIST!!! ALARMIST!!!! :mods:

someone is UPSET that a pandemic is killing off thousands of people per day, please remove this sort of thing from my eyesight posthaste!

ah good, now back to calmly discussing how people dying isn't so bad because it's happening at a low percentage

The D&D / C-Spam divide really makes sense when you realize the dividing line is the ability to lie to yourself.

you see things, you see how hosed up they are and you either decide you need a curated safe space where you step back to before things were hosed and prove this is true with beautiful eloquent debate or you go make jokes about how hosed they are.

Weird how the side that needs intricately crafted lies to sleep at night are extremely furious and constantly trying to eliminate the side that is openly talking about the things they are too cowardly to give thought.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

IAMKOREA posted:

Maybe the vaccine will sterilize our kids and result in massive global population reduction, solving climate change. That would rule.

I think there’s been some documented cases of long coviders having trouble getting a boner, plus also 5 million deaths worldwide Covid has definetly done a number to stall climate change a little bit

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Here's a big imgur of a private antivax Facebook group.

http://imgur.com/a/fEesaHJ

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

acems posted:

went to the farmers market this morning. 100% masked. there was a free covid testing stand and a ton of people were doing it just because it was available.

that’s kinda cool to see

went to the farmer's market yesterday with my wife, thousands there. we saw maybe 3-4 masks. Wherever you are, I'm jealous

e: it was outdoors, at least

e2: saw a lady with an 'arrest fauci' shirt on

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 19, 2021

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rectal Death Adept posted:

The D&D / C-Spam divide really makes sense when you realize the dividing line is the ability to lie to yourself.

you see things, you see how hosed up they are and you either decide you need a curated safe space where you step back to before things were hosed and prove this is true with beautiful eloquent debate or you go make jokes about how hosed they are.

Weird how the side that needs intricately crafted lies to sleep at night are extremely furious and constantly trying to eliminate the side that is openly talking about the things they are too cowardly to give thought.

DND probably has the problem too of mainly being US posters, hence they actually believe the whole "endless optimism" mindset.

Plus the classic out team won, Joe Biden will believe science and fix things unlike that upstart Trump.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Elea posted:

Here's a big imgur of a private antivax Facebook group.

http://imgur.com/a/fEesaHJ

I will only click this link if there are a bunch of memorial screenshots

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Real Mean Queen posted:

I'm sorry for laughing at your situation, but the local newspaper just up and saying "reject hierarchy, reach out to your brothers and sisters, establish parallel systems of support and mutual aid before the existing ones fail entirely" is just such a "lol uh oh" moment. It's like if the fire department just quietly put an extinguisher on everybody's porch, left their suits to some of the braver people in town, and all got on a bus to somewhere together.

I'm experiencing similar things with the hospitals asking for donations of medical supplies from random citizens, and the government announcing "If you have to contact a doctor for a non-life-threatening situation, please don't"

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

TotalHell posted:

I will only click this link if there are a bunch of memorial screenshots

give it 4 weeks, funny dead chud screenshots are a lagging indicator

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

give it 4 weeks, funny dead chud screenshots are a lagging indicator

the sheer volume of new posts in r/hermancainawards every day is pretty astounding, way higher than anything similar from last year, too.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/1439574860762697731

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I wonder by next Easter what is the percentage of 45-65 year olds will be dead in America, COVID is just going to cut right through them.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the perfidious left all went to the Dilbert guys school of hypnosis

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

DND probably has the problem too of mainly being US posters, hence they actually believe the whole "endless optimism" mindset.

Plus the classic out team won, Joe Biden will believe science and fix things unlike that upstart Trump.

I have still not seen a liberal democrat explain why the Biden administration ignoring all science from the summer that schools would be a concern in a delta wave was a good thing. Why was throwing children into a pandemic unprotected better than a federal mandate that schooling was remote with money and resources spent on making this happen before the school year started?

Why are we 1-2 months into the new school year with child casualties stacking up while they continue to do nothing?

Money

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Rubby where is my penguin patch????

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Man they all do look the same:

https://old.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/comments/pr14c6/update_james_has_received_his_award_link_to/

acems
May 8, 2019

went to the farmer's market yesterday with my wife, thousands there. we saw maybe 3-4 masks. Wherever you are, I'm jealous

e: it was outdoors, at least

e2: saw a lady with an 'arrest fauci' shirt on

don’t be too jealous, then state university 15 miles away is requiring vaccinated close contacts to go to class unless they test positive themselves (they are required to go while waiting for results)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

another case of cspam sign. he never had a chance

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Elea posted:

Rogan kills a fan

not lenny!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

LENNY!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm0HaOU69Qc

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Death By The Blues posted:

I wonder by next Easter what is the percentage of 45-65 year olds will be dead in America, COVID is just going to cut right through them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOm9AC5mfQ

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

lotta people dying

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1439246942261768195?s=21

not gonna brag too much because California was an absolute poo poo show over the holidays but for this one moment in time we have the lowest case rate per capita in the US

how is Louisiana so low on that map, that can't be right

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

TotalHell posted:

hope everyone has a lot of graveyard triggers

The May 2020 set had a card named Death Corona that they had to rename lol

actionjackson posted:

how is Louisiana so low on that map, that can't be right

Test centres destroyed by the hurricane.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Impkins Patootie posted:

lotta people dying

more and more people are recognizing that covid is over. very amazing job being done here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol