Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

plus maybe he stands around at catering and intimidates people into walking away. he wants all the food to himself and doesn't even eat half of it. brian cage is wasting a ton of tony's money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If Tony Khan is offering Brian Cage creative control and Cage won't take him up on it because he's spending his time seeing the sights in all the different cities they go to instead, then I'm sorry, but he's in a problem of his own creation

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

spot on. He has the audacity to stand atop the cincinnati tower, the largest tower in cincinnati, after setting up his tent there and then log into twitter and just piss and moan about his position on the card. i'm begging for the first round of aew cuts.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Brian Cage is gonna spend Grand Slam making angry Tweets in a tent on the top of the Statue of Liberty.

Meanwhile Tony Khan is walking around Manhattan shouting "Look Brian, we can get Kenny to drop the AAA title to you! Please come home!"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's probably just grumpy the team Taz stuff didn't do much for him or for Team Taz and now team Taz without him is feuding with Punk. Maybe he thinks his spot should be bigger than it should be but he's also being used weird.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

AK-47 posted:

https://twitter.com/MrGMSI_BCage/status/1439389242539479041

In what world has this dork not had a chance to show all of these things. He's been given every drat chance and just can't stop complaining.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cage is a WWE mole.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1439451022729089027

Matt working (the crowd) stiff

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I’d like to hearken back to Jack Evans where he stated that he wasn’t used much because he was bad at pitching ideas to TK ( Maybe this is why Shida hasn’t been on Dynamite for a while?)Starks injury may have delayed the conclusion of the Cage/Starks feud but surely he could and should have pushed for another storyline in the meantime. Like why not fight Hobbs? Or have Cage go after Taz only to be attacked by HFO, because Taz hired him them to take out Cage. That’s a whole mess of people to keep Cage busy while Starks heals up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He did fight Hobbs

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao to both of these

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

TV Zombie posted:

I’d like to hearken back to Jack Evans where he stated that he wasn’t used much because he was bad at pitching ideas to TK ( Maybe this is why Shida hasn’t been on Dynamite for a while?)Starks injury may have delayed the conclusion of the Cage/Starks feud but surely he could and should have pushed for another storyline in the meantime. Like why not fight Hobbs? Or have Cage go after Taz only to be attacked by HFO, because Taz hired him them to take out Cage. That’s a whole mess of people to keep Cage busy while Starks heals up.

saying people aren't on TV because they are bad at pitching ideas is just another way of phrasing "creative has nothing for you" hth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MotU posted:

saying people aren't on TV because they are bad at pitching ideas is just another way of phrasing "creative has nothing for you" hth

Not really the same thing considering the differences between the companies.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aew has a booker plus a handful of what aew calls coaches who float around helping and acting as liasons. people need to bring something to either the booker or the coaches, or else they're just going to be expected to go out and get over without what's known as a "push" from management. a push isn't just winning matches but wwe took out a lot of what it actually is. a key part of a push is having the booker all-in on what you are trying to accomplish and helping facilitate that. convey this and that to the audience properly.

wwe has a sizable stable of television writers who are supposed to be doing all creative work and then handing it down to the talent. most of the time you hear that talent are ignored or worse when it's brought up that they pitched something. the wwe system is pretty different from 70s to early 90s territories and current aew.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Cage pisses me off, he has a feud with STING and he says he’s not used enough, never liked the guy but somebody like Sonny Kiss would never kick off about not being used and in my opinion is just as talented

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MotU posted:

AEW doesn't have a creative team though so your statement here is flawed

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Manwithastick posted:

Cage pisses me off, he has a feud with STING and he says he’s not used enough, never liked the guy but somebody like Sonny Kiss would never kick off about not being used and in my opinion is just as talented

Sonny is not only as talented, but I do feel like he's legitimately underused by AEW. I'd imagine the internet would be more supportive of him if he went off on Twitter about it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Sydney Bottocks posted:

AEW doesn't have a creative team though so your statement here is flawed

They have a committee, it isn't just wild west everyone pitches for themselves. Promos aren't constructed down to a T for people or something but if you think no one has any input on booking at all unless the wrestlers come to pitch something then I think you misunderstood all the interviews Tony Khan gave about it in 2019

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Can't believe the guy known was "Mr Get Your poo poo In" that only did cool moves feels he's underutilized because he doesn't get 15 minutes to do all the moves he knows every week

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MotU posted:

They have a committee, it isn't just wild west everyone pitches for themselves. Promos aren't constructed down to a T for people or something but if you think no one has any input on booking at all unless the wrestlers come to pitch something then I think you misunderstood all the interviews Tony Khan gave about it in 2019

Yes but "creative has nothing for you" is shorthand for "Vince crapped all over the creative team's pitch they devised for you, regardless of how good or bad it was, for [reasons]", whereas in AEW it might very well just be that someone is bad at pitching ideas to BBT. Numerous wrestlers have said BBT is very approachable about ideas, and isn't afraid to shoot down the ideas he thinks are dumb/dangerous/unworkable/not to his taste (and even then he can be persuaded, such as the Matt Hardy "supernatural" stuff, or pairing Julia Hart with BPJ and Griff, among many other examples). He clearly isn't just fobbing that off to some other people only to shoot it down 30 minutes before the show airs.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MotU posted:

It isn't a committee anymore and hasn't been since 2019.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I bet Cage is pissed that Team Taz started a feud with Punk immediately after Cage was removed from the group

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

i think it's time to put the brian cage conversation in a cage

-brian

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Cage has nothing for creative.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
despite all his rage creative still has nothing for brian cage

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Your mother is a committee

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Pylons posted:

It isn't a committee anymore and hasn't been since 2019.

The Bucks talked about booking the tag division throughout 2020 so I mean that's at least 3 people involved in it which is a committee???

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

brian posted:

i think it's time to put the brian cage conversation in a cage

-brian

Best post/poster name combo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MotU posted:

The Bucks talked about booking the tag division throughout 2020 so I mean that's at least 3 people involved in it which is a committee???

The only thing I can find about that is this

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/young-bucks-discuss-difficulties-booking-so-many-great-tag-teams-aew

Which, from the quotes, does not exactly indicate that they're in charge of booking the tag division.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MotU posted:

Do you think the Bucks have a ton of input on Brian Cage's push

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Do you think the Bucks have a ton of input on Brian Cage's push

well not anymore, he's not in a tag team now, duh

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I think he did get bounced from Team Taz a bit early but it was probably at his urging and they put the right guy over on him leaving. and team taz is better soooooo... yeah.

i feel like cage and booking were like 6 months apart on his next peak, he had plenty of long term hooks to pull together interesting stuff down the line, especially a win over Hangman

smarxist fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 19, 2021

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Rarity posted:

He did fight Hobbs

Totally blanked on that. I guess creative does have nothing for Cage.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The plans for Sting-Gun fell through too, which left Brian out in the cold for an angle.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Best result is Cage is released and WWE has no interest in him because they only hire people with no wrestling experience now

Let him whine on the indies in front of ten people about how misused he is

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Extremely normal way to view an employee not being satisfied

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
they're an independent contractor, not an employee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Extremely normal way to view an employee not being satisfied

It is when Cage's complaints center around him not being able to do the stuff that made his indie matches kind of lame for a few years. His stuff got drastically better in AEW and now that's part of what he's complaining about.