Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Ganso Bomb posted:

Let's maybe not post such dog poo poo takes from dog poo poo humans. That's not a fun thing to laugh at, it's pathetic and gross. Just my opinion.

Agreed.

That's not funny bad, it's just misogyny from a horrible person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

Let's maybe not post such dog poo poo takes from dog poo poo humans. That's not a fun thing to laugh at, it's pathetic and gross. Just my opinion.

it's literally all that guy posts in here and it's not gonna stop. been asking for years at this point

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

it's literally all that guy posts in here and it's not gonna stop. been asking for years at this point

Yeah, but I am now going to back the request to stop loving posting pathetic gross poo poo that isn't also like novel or funny with escalating probations.

So hopefully that will help.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Saw the first tweet earlier but Dave QTing it made me click on the thread and I popped when I saw her source.

https://twitter.com/Surya_KL_/status/1438885550237237250

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
i mean, "television analysts" is already a fake enough job that I assume they already claimed to be one prior.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
failed at what

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Elephant Ambush posted:

failed at what

Kind of hoping the show rates over 1.5 million somehow so they can proclaim that actually this just PROVES they failed even more!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Kind of hoping the show rates over 1.5 million somehow so they can proclaim that actually this just PROVES they failed even more!

1.5+ for Dynamite and 800,000 for Rampage feels pretty likely and a very funny bit of coping!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if Dynamite gets 1.5 million next week wwe NEEDS to go out of business. many television analysts are saying it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I want Dynamite to not only beat Raw but beat Smackdown too!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The best outcone would be AEW beating WWE without gaining any viewers. They just stay pat and WWE loses that many viewers to nothing because the despair would be awesome.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I mean, the best outcome would be AEW, a good wrestling company, growing its audience.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

I mean, the best outcome would be AEW, a good wrestling company, growing its audience.

The best outcome is AEW winning by losing audience but WWE also loses audience and AEW wins the total viewership the week both are canceled, 2 viewers to WWE's 1.

WWE's viewer is 49 so they win the demo because AEW's last fan is Jim Cornette.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/girloncinema/status/1439091000350289923
https://twitter.com/floydspanx/status/1439255080440504325

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1439205286053548035

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1439206759814602755

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1439206630730653708

The OP is just garden variety stupidity, but him responding with "Hmm, fair point, but still — I can't help but shake the feeling this other TV show was also planned to get people to watch it!" really elevates it

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

that is the dictionary definition of 'asking a question in bad faith'

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"I do get that, and it makes sense but I've already forgotten what you said so lets get back to but why though"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
"Lead #WWE Writer at @GiveMeSport"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Dangoorous Alliance

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Venomous posted:

that is the dictionary definition of 'asking a question in bad faith'

I dunno, I buy that he’s just an idiot

I feel like there are people who are smart enough to effectively deploy bad faith arguments, then there are dumber people who think they’re being clever by deploying poorly crafted bad faith arguments. And then there are even dumber people who see other people’s bad faith arguments and legitimately go “Hey, yeah, that guy’s got something interesting there!” and that influences their rhetorical approach going forward. The Reddit-tinged modern internet has given rise to a lot of people saying stupid things with a seemingly earnest undertone of “I am making a point, therefore, it’s one worth taking seriously”

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I touched the poop of Louis’ timeline, and it’s really just nothing but those tepid takes described in the most “And yet you participate in a society, how curious!” ways.

In short, that guy sucks.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1439205286053548035

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1439206759814602755

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1439206630730653708

The OP is just garden variety stupidity, but him responding with "Hmm, fair point, but still — I can't help but shake the feeling this other TV show was also planned to get people to watch it!" really elevates it

what a melvin

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/thelouisdangoor/status/1439324009645101057

“If you’re going to be obtuse about it, literally everything ever put on TV could be described as a “ratings grab” because people who put on TV shows want people to watch the TV show. People specifically think what WWE is doing is lazy and desperate”
“Thank you for agreeing with my point. AEW and WWE are doing the same thing.”

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That guy is like 20 years old and basically hasn't watched any wrestling older than like 2016 WWE. I'm not surprised that another wrestling company doing things differently is short-circuiting his young feeble brain.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Don't be fooled by the dozen or so fake Louis Dangoors on Twitter, that guy's THE Louis Dangoor.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, I'd certainly argue that they maybe shouldn't have booked this giant NYC show 2 weeks out from All Out because the build has had to be warp speeded through (as funny as the memes were, the real issue with The Suzuki Incident was they clearly had too much poo poo on the show/stuff ran long, Tony was basically Micro Machines Guy-ing the card before Mox/MiSu) but the idea of not building that show for a big rating is silly. Whereas WWE has seemingly dropped a bunch of ongoing storylines and shifted direction, and transparently putting Roman on Raw because they're shook due to NFL and AEW.

Like, if they really wanted to put the work in, yes, New Day vs Roman/Usos SHOULD be a big program. But gently caress, you could at least do the logical thing and have Kofi and Woods win the tag belts first. Hell, build that 6-man for Survivor Series and you might even have a brand vs brand/champs vs champs match people would be into. But lol, nope, 2 day build.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Venomous posted:

if he's not going back to WWE (and he's not)
This needs to be emphasized more: PAC is one of those guys where an eventual WWE return would be truly shocking.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

to be clear, I genuinely don't think PAC will be in any other major company than AEW or Dragon Gate in the rest of his career, but lmao if anyone thinks he's better off being Neville in the Fed until the end of his career

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah that one feels like trollbait.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People are getting very mad at this. (Tony just talked about these stats on a Bloomberg podcast and they aren't any different than what Dave talked about after going over PPV data following the first DoN.)

https://twitter.com/PaulJames198/status/1439613275780550658

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I realize that social media wasn't around during the Monday Night Wars but were so many people like this back then too? My friends and I would agree to disagree about whether Nitro or Raw was the better show any given week but we'd still enjoy both shows, at least until WCW started getting really desperate and crazy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I realize that social media wasn't around during the Monday Night Wars but were so many people like this back then too? My friends and I would agree to disagree about whether Nitro or Raw was the better show any given week but we'd still enjoy both shows, at least until WCW started getting really desperate and crazy.

It was pretty crazy. The Prodigy BBs and chat were kind of civil but people could get pretty angry and Bob Ryder basically acted as a WCW shill while serving as the moderator.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

When I was a kid my friends and I all had favorites. I usually ranked it ECW, WCW and then WWF but Austin was my favorite hands down. I just thought the matches mostly sucked on WWF. ECW when it came to people like RVD, Jerry Lynn, Super Crazy, Guido, Tajiri, Chris Candido and Lance Storm shocked me. I didn't know wrestling could be as good as that.

It wasn't until I was older when I met people who were 18 and when I said I liked wrestling just screaming Rock promos into my face that I faced the actual crazy fans.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

It was pretty crazy. The Prodigy BBs and chat were kind of civil but people could get pretty angry and Bob Ryder basically acted as a WCW shill while serving as the moderator.

This is just so weird to me. Me and all my friends were huge ECW fans above WCW and WWF but we still watched everything because that was our shared hobby and it was fun to cook a bunch of lovely frozen pizzas and dunk Doritos into french onion dip while watching the Monday shows and then ECW on tape later.

If I had ever run into someone who was like "ECW sucks and Hogan and the nWo are the best" I would've been like "OK" and then walked away to go do something else because what the hell is wrong with you.

Whenever I read the weirdos that are posted itt I always think back to That Guy who would be at the live ROH shows with the printed out copies of the Observer who would pretend to read it between matches to show everyone how smart they were or whatever and it was just the most embarrassing performative nerd poo poo. It's like That Guy cloned himself hundreds of times and they all have twitter accounts.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 19, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is just so weird to me. Me and all my friends were huge ECW fans above WCW and WWF but we still watched everything because that was our shared hobby and it was fun to cook a bunch of lovely frozen pizzas and dunk Doritos into french onion dip while watching the Monday shows and then ECW on tape later.

If I had ever run into someone who was like "ECW sucks and Hogan and the nWo are the best" I would've been like "OK" and then walked away to go do something else because what the hell is wrong with you.

Whenever I read the weirdos that are posted itt I always think back to That Guy who would be at the live ROH shows with the printed out copies of the Observer who would pretend to read it between matches to show everyone how smart they were or whatever and it was just the most embarrassing performative nerd poo poo. It's like That Guy cloned himself hundreds of times and they all have twitter accounts.

Is it really weird we had console wars, people get combative over sports teams, car brands, bands, movies, everything.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it's weird to have a personality that's just a bunch of brands. Unfortunately that's most people

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, it's weird to have a personality that's just a bunch of brands. Unfortunately that's most people

Then it's not weird it's common. You are the weirdo for not loving brands. Hug them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

Social media in the Facebook/Twitter sense didn't exist, but forums did, and yes, they were just as bad.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Is it really weird we had console wars, people get combative over sports teams, car brands, bands, movies, everything.

Consoles cost money so even though console wars are stupid there's at least a monetary investment you're kinda defending. If you have cable then watching wrestling has no additional costs unless you buy every PPV.

Like I have no problem with people expressing a preference for a product they enjoy but then getting super defensive and/or aggressive when a viable competitor shows up makes no sense to me especially when, as I keep being a broken record, you can watch both WWE and AEW and enjoy both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

There's nothing wrong with prefering brands or even defending them. The problem is when you build your whole life around them