Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Buying something purely to turn around and resell for higher is scalping in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackchamber posted:

Nah man I'm not a fuckin scalper.
it's not scalping you nincompoop, they make as many as are ordered

Blackchamber posted:

Buying something purely to turn around and resell for higher is scalping in my book.
maybe the dumbest post in this thread lol

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Blackchamber posted:

You are gonna be so mad when you figure out how retail works.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I haven't had much luck with the combo of having the money for >1 of a drop AND the drop being one that people want later on. Always one or the other lol

I'd say star saber is riskier than Unicron or the sentinel.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Blackchamber posted:

This is more like buying a production run. It’s literally how retail works, it’s not in any shape or form scalping.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you could argue that by having more produced, it can potentially reduce the overall price on the secondary market.

Victory Saber might be a less guaranteed get compared to Sentinel or Unicron, but it's also a fraction of the price, and looking at the numbers, there's a good chance it won't hit the higher production numbers as those, making it rarer.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Victory Saber also doesn’t hit me in my G1 American transformers nostalgia gut either. Like there’s a little part of me that wants unicron because I was told I had the touch. Without 0consulting a wiki I only know broad outlines about victory saber.

Unicron hit a sweet spot of being important across all iterations of Transformers, being a toy that hasn’t had but like one iteration in the past, and being effing big.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
It sure would be nice if the sole western depiction of Star Saber wasn't a psychopath who wanted to do a holocaust on everyone who disagreed with his deep fringe religious values.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhymenoserous posted:

Victory Saber also doesn’t hit me in my G1 American transformers nostalgia gut either. Like there’s a little part of me that wants unicron because I was told I had the touch. Without 0consulting a wiki I only know broad outlines about victory saber.

Unicron hit a sweet spot of being important across all iterations of Transformers, being a toy that hasn’t had but like one iteration in the past, and being effing big.

I hear you on VS. I might back it cause I think it looks rad, and is more accessible to me than unicron was. If it hits it's stretch goals I would be more inclined, though right now it's not looking too promising.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Other posted:

It sure would be nice if the sole western depiction of Star Saber wasn't a psychopath who wanted to do a holocaust on everyone who disagreed with his deep fringe religious values.
That's my one knock against MTMTE. Basically all of the Takara Autobots are evil and it sucks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Other posted:

Nah, that's the only reason I care about the platform shoed Russian nesting doll doofus.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alien Attack doing their thing again.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Megatron transforms, sets aside his astro-shotgun, then kneels down to neatly fold and bind his giant cloak while not in use.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That incarnation of Megatron does loving rule though

Probably my favorite movie design, followed by Evasion Optimus

E: also crosshairs and his cool trench coat filled with guns but all of his toys kind of blow

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It’s breaking my brain trying to work out where the ginormous tanker goes.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Crosspost from the action figure thread:

I found some old haul photos.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, awesome! I see Rachet, Perceptor, and is that Leader 1 next to Rachet? Must have been a happy fella that day!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Fsmhunk posted:

Haha, awesome! I see Rachet, Perceptor, and is that Leader 1 next to Rachet? Must have been a happy fella that day!

That’s Astrotrain! Yes my parents were pretty nice to me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fsmhunk posted:

I mean, if we're talking kids who REALLY loved their toys at Christmas, I think I have you all beat.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Medullah posted:

I mean, if we're talking kids who REALLY loved their toys at Christmas, I think I have you all beat.

Yeah you sure are gently caressing that one

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GOBOTS

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wish I could find that old photo of me hugging Trypticon on Christmas morning like some kids hugged stuffed animals.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hasbro should make an entire line of just WfC-style Gobot updates (technically Bugbite in Earthrise used to be a Gobot). A main CHUG line of just Gobots with new legally-owned-by-Hasbro designs. I mean, we can probably already get Leader-1 and Cy-kill by retooling Earthrise Ramjet and SS86 Wreck-Gar.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That's adorable, JF

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Just left Ollie's, they've got Siege Megatron along with the Combat Megatron for $20 each. FYI

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gobots are cool.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

That's adorable, JF

Thanks!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, the Ark's wing/calf fillers are pretty rad, I have one more question about this guy.

Is there anyone who makes microfigures at the same scale as the Optimus Prime included with this guy/the Centurion weapon pack and Unicron? There's a bunch of spaces available on the Ark's bridge, it would be neat to have a full bridge crew.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I swear I saw a leak with a bunch more, and a proper Nemesis? Where was that?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
What do you mean by a proper Nemesis, I thought that was supposed to be Trypticon's spaceship mode

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Trypticon's spaceship mode is just a more folded-up city mode, it doesn't look anything like the G1 Nemesis, or even the Nemesis from the Fall of Cybertron games where that ship literally was Trypticon.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, the Ark's wing/calf fillers are pretty rad, I have one more question about this guy.

Is there anyone who makes microfigures at the same scale as the Optimus Prime included with this guy/the Centurion weapon pack and Unicron? There's a bunch of spaces available on the Ark's bridge, it would be neat to have a full bridge crew.

There's supposed to be a bunch of microfigures coming with a Selects "Reformatting" Galvatron.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Triple-Kan posted:

There's supposed to be a bunch of microfigures coming with a Selects "Reformatting" Galvatron.

That’s it, that’s what I was trying to remember.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

That’s it, that’s what I was trying to remember.

Those Dinobots aren't gonna fit on the bridge!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
That feels like it should be a weirder gray/green/pink or way more wireframey. I guess it's as good as they could get it though?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Knormal posted:

Trypticon's spaceship mode is just a more folded-up city mode, it doesn't look anything like the G1 Nemesis, or even the Nemesis from the Fall of Cybertron games where that ship literally was Trypticon.

I agree that he doesn't really work as the Nemesis, so I am very excited by the possibility of getting an ark-style toy of it if I read the original post correctly

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tighclops posted:

I agree that he doesn't really work as the Nemesis, so I am very excited by the possibility of getting an ark-style toy of it if I read the original post correctly

No, sorry, I meant the Revenge, the ship Unicron gives Galvatron. Also, when I said proper, I meant 'an actual model of [A in the picture below], rather than the guns Galvatron comes with which look a lot like the Revenge, but aren't [B in the picture below]'.

I was very tired and a lot of the dot connecting thoughts were in my head when I posted that.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
My hopes have been dashed, you monster!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

So where the gently caress do we go with Titan class next? We already have the big boys done, plus the Ark, so does hasbro move on to non-G1 stuff? Titan class Armada Tidal Wave or Energon Metroplex maybe?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd wager they'll start remaking things. A new Metroplex wouldn't shock me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Kinda sad that one of the most impressive bits of hand drawn art gets turned into that.