Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators are proud to select Alex Iafallo! Welcome Alex!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Detroit Redwings will select Mario Ferraro who hockey reference tells me is a guy who was trusted to play 22 and a half minutes a game so he must be somewhat ok hockey guy.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
lazerwolf is skipped again and can make 3 picks now if they ever show up.

Furnaceface is up until 7:34 ET.

Then:

me
MononcQC
Starsfan
Iodised QQ

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Okay, Furnaceface is also skipped.

Flyers are going to take a ginger who is already on the Flyers, Cam York.

Max Pacioretty-Leon Draisaitl-Joel Farabee
Tomas Tatar-Yanni Gourde-?

Thomas Chabot-Matt Dumba
Travis Sanheim-?
Cam York-?

Juuse Saros

MononcQC is up now.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You assholes took my entire list for this pick. :argh:

Not a lot of options left so gimme Josh Bailey.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

The Chicago Blackhawks paid careful attention to the various diets of all our players, but we feel that we could still throw some additional wrenches in the mix. We are making an attempt to get some young talent with restrictive eating habits. Now we are aware of the careful draft selection process of the Vancouver Canucks, and must defensively pick our guy before they possibly do (while giving them extra time to turn around if this was their choice).

We are proud to welcome type-1 diabetes and celiac sufferer Kaapo Kakko, may his gluten free diet make things even more hectic in our room.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

MononcQc posted:

The Chicago Blackhawks paid careful attention to the various diets of all our players, but we feel that we could still throw some additional wrenches in the mix. We are making an attempt to get some young talent with restrictive eating habits. Now we are aware of the careful draft selection process of the Vancouver Canucks, and must defensively pick our guy before they possibly do (while giving them extra time to turn around if this was their choice).

We are proud to welcome type-1 diabetes and celiac sufferer Kaapo Kakko, may his gluten free diet make things even more hectic in our room.

He went 150 picks ago

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

How would anyone think Kakko is still available with the players being picked this round. I love you guys.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

fawning deference posted:

How would anyone think Kakko is still available with the players being picked this round. I love you guys.

Look I forgot to Ctrl+F the spreadsheet.

The Chicago Blackhawks fall back to their next type 1 diabetic player on the list, Centerman Luke Kunin, for similar reasons. They're all interchangeable for us, just let us update the spreadsheet.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
somehow I blanked on it being my pick pretty quickly in the morning and my spreadsheet is at home :( you guys can skip my pick (and the next one if need be), I'll make them at lunch.

Iodised QQ is up

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

i'm phone posting too, in that case give me Kyle Palmieri as scorers are drying up quite a bit and i do think he has a couple years left as a decent one

will edit sheet when i can get back on pc after my next pick

Good Soldier Svejk is up twice

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The coyotes select hopefully reasonably priced 3rd line center and not singer of Matchbox 20 Robert Thomas and playoff hero and pretty good sniper if nothing else Denis Gurianov

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

:siren: meme pick alert :siren: alright, I finally have to pull the trigger on this guy even though he'd probably be around for a few more rounds but i can't risk losing the naming potential for a top line that i've been after ever since i drafted kyle connor in the second round. Besides, this guy is a semi-useful player and can put up 30-35 points while providing above average defense and it's very important that if McDavid ever gets homesick of Edmonton that I give him the occasional linemate who reminds him of his current linemates of guys like Jesse Puljujarvi or something called a Dominik Kahun

Florida selects Jesper Fast

giving us the potential dream line of: Connor - McDavid - Fast

i'd still put tarasenko on the top line when he's healthy, but Fast will fill in on occasion just so we can sell some merch as Florida management expects Connor - McDavid - Fast to generate a nice buzz around the league and at least sell some shirts and coffee mugs for your dads

Connor - McDavid - Tarasenko (Fast)
Verhaege - Backstrom - Palmieri
- Reinhart - Fast (Tarasenko)

Slavin - Larsson
Giordano -

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

me at 78 years old, aimlessly wandering downtown streets in nothing but an old bathrobe: "connor-mcdavid-fast!!! connor-mcdavid-fast!!!"

a polite but reasonably apprehensive good samaritan: "yes grandpa, connor mcdavid was fast. he sure was! I see you have a post-it note with your address on it on your robe. let's get you home. mmhmm, connor mcdavid sure was fast, yep"

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Okay since Starsfan can't post I've been advised to keep going.

Look, we really need d-men, and our cap is getting tight, and d-men are mostly personality-free in this league. But we've read really weird things in his twitter account that makes him look like he's an anti-vaxxer guy, so we think he could really perform better on our team.

Welcome in, Caleb Jones!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Flyers are going to take a veteran winger that can go on either the top or second line and let Farabee move down to the second line. A guy that makes everyone horny, Patric Hornqvist!

Max Pacioretty-Leon Draisaitl-Patric Hornqvist
Tomas Tatar-Yanni Gourde-Joel Farabee

Thomas Chabot-Matt Dumba
Travis Sanheim-?
Cam York-?

Juuse Saros

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 20, 2021

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Furnaceface is up until 4:19 ET.

Starsfan has two skipped picks to make.

lazerwolf has three skipped picks to make.

Then:

lazerwolf again (if he catches up, otherwise it's another skipped one and we should probably talk about finding a replacement owner and/or picking for him)
VOTE1
Technetium
Duckman2008
Yaya

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Dallas Stars select C Nick Bonino and RW Ondrej Kase

Bonino has a long track record of excellent 2 way play at the center position, Kase has been a very strong top 6 forward historically with Anaheim but obviously injuries with the Bruins have derailed a very promising young career. The guy is still only 25 so I'm hoping he recovers.

Buchnevich - Cirelli - Radulov
xxxx - Bonino - Gallagher
yyyy - zzzz - Kase

Dumoulin - Makar
Pelech - Pulock

Mrazek

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 20, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Has anyone been in touch with lazerwolf lately?
Maybe we ought to start consensus-ing those picks before that team gets too ruined

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Detroit Redwings will finish our second line with Vitaly Kravtsov

Jason Robertson Quinton Byfield Martin Necas
Vitaly Kravtsov Kirby Dach Vasily Podkolzin

Moritz Seider Adam Fox
Jack Rathbone Mario Ferraro

Spencer Knight

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Has anyone been in touch with lazerwolf lately?
Maybe we ought to start consensus-ing those picks before that team gets too ruined

I say give him the highest scoring two forwards (total points) and defenseman left on the board, if someone is actually keeping track of that, plus another goalie.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

eXXon posted:

I say give him the highest scoring two forwards (total points) and defenseman left on the board, if someone is actually keeping track of that, plus another goalie.

I think that shakes out as

Connor Brown
Alex Killorn
Brent Burns
Jaroslav Halak

Which seems like an older set of players but a good fit for the team he's building which seems very "win now"

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 20, 2021

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Works for me.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I think that shakes out as

Connor Brown
Alex Killorn
Brent Burns
Jaroslav Halak

Which seems like an older set of players but a good fit for the team he's building which seems very "win now"

If nobody objects in like the next hour I say we give him those four dudes and if he shows back up he can continue making his picks.

If he doesn't show up we'll skip him and pick two dudes at a time after his next two picks are skipped.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I have a spreadsheet with 1330 players in it, let's use a random number generator for his picks instead

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

That works because the Nashville Predators are proudly selecting Kevin Labanc! Welcome Kevin!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Technetium posted:

That works because the Nashville Predators are proudly selecting Kevin Labanc! Welcome Kevin!

Fart buckets this was my pick but I got stuck at work today (everyone quit or is sick yay! :suicide:).

I guess I need a goalie anyway and this forces my hand so welcome aboard Kevin Lankinen. I promise I wont bench you at the outdoor game.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Well I was going to pick Gurianov who as far as I can tell is a cheaper, bigger Kevin Labanc so blame them.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Technetium posted:

Well I was going to pick Gurianov who as far as I can tell is a cheaper, bigger Kevin Labanc so blame them.

Labanc has had better seasons to his name and is statistically the better all around player, for what it's worth. Gurianov either has a better shot or is more inclined to use it but in either case the goal scoring inclination and potential is the only reason I went with him over some other choices, even though he may not be as complete of a player.

e: I've also gone ahead and put in those lazerwolf consensus picks

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Sep 21, 2021

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Where are we with the order? It looks like Technetium picked at 5:56, so that should be Duckman2008 and Yaya skipped with Arabian Jesus up until 11:56 this morning, I think.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I am up, and I am actually free this morning.

Carolina is very mad that someone for some reason sniped Ryan Reeves from us. Like, wtf. So in our past pick, we had to continue picking forwards because to be a bunch of jerks, if we can’t get Reeves we sure as poo poo were not going to lose the ultimate poo poo head, Zac Rinaldo. Even for this team, he is the poo poo head of poo poo heads

Anyway, Carolina needs defensemen, and absolutely needs more jerks. And what better jerk to lead our top pairing, than last years leader in penalty minutes and I guess possibly even decent player Brendan Smith !

Wilson —- Kadri —— Marchand
E Kane — M Domi —- Kreider
Perry —- ??? —— Rinaldo

Gudas —- Brendan Smith

Binnington

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Alright I'm gonna be honest. The list of defensemen who were on the COVID protocol last year is pretty dire, especially considering a lot of the good ones like Pietrangelo, Hughes, and Slavin went pretty early. So the guy I'm picking did not have COVID last year.

He did, however, famously get mono in his draft year and fall a bit in the draft because of it, so we stay somewhat loyal to the gimmick by taking Timothy Liljegren

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Mentholmoose requested to be skipped for the Blues pick in the discord. Next up the Washington Capitals select Justin Faulk.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Sorry got tied up at work this morning. Minnesota will select D Jake McCabe AGAIN

Arabian Jesus fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 21, 2021

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

You literally picked him last round

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

mono posted:

He's that good.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

eXXon posted:

He's that good.

Henrik McCabe and Daniel McCabe

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

mono posted:

:doh:

We'll take Jani Hakanpää then :buddy:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Blues (not the Flyers lol) are going to take a Jordan for their third line, Jordan Greenway.

Gabe Landeskog-Alex Barkov-Nino Niederreiter
Alex Lafreniere-Jordan Staal-Eeli Tolvanen
Jordan Greenway-?-?

Mattias Ekholm-Ryan Ellis
?-Jared Spurgeon

Jake Oettinger

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

mentholmoose posted:

Flyers are going to take a Jordan for their third line, Jordan Greenway.

Max Pacioretty-Leon Draisaitl-Patric Hornqvist
Tomas Tatar-Yanni Gourde-Joel Farabee
Jordan Greenway-?-?

Thomas Chabot-Matt Dumba
Travis Sanheim-?
Cam York-?

Juuse Saros

How did you get twelve players? Shouldn't you be picking for the Blues, not the Flyers right now?