Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

forcedstealthlevel posted:

This is true for any time fanfiction plagues this thread, but it's a hundredfold so for political fanfiction.

I agree, delete cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Peggy would probably be a Trumper, but not Dale, because Dale doesn't like anyone in the government.

Also Dale would consider Qanon amateurs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dale would fall hard for the drain the swamp rhetoric.

Hank would love Trump because Buck Strickland is literally just Trump, and they're both effete New Yorkers who care more about appearances then performance.

Peggy would go full Maga, construye el burro

Bobby and Bill would join the Proud Boys, then realize what it is after an in person meetings and back away real slowly.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomhaur runs for Senator

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Hank would be a breakout tiktok star.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Peggy would go full Maga, construye el burro

It's been stated here before, but Peggy would be super into QAnon just because it bolsters her already unearned sense of superiority by being convinced she knows "what's really going on". Also she would pronounce it 'Kway-non'.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

dolphinbomb posted:

It's been stated here before, but Peggy would be super into QAnon just because it bolsters her already unearned sense of superiority by being convinced she knows "what's really going on". Also she would pronounce it 'Kway-non'.

oh she would too

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Peggy kidnaps a kid for real this time after misunderstanding the kid and thinking they’re being harvested for their blood or whatever it is

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Peggy got part time work doing some book keeping for a company the government contacted to build a border fence. Through an extremely elaborate misunderstanding about her security clearance, and mistaking Dale's blog for a top secret government website Peggy turns out to be the author of the original Q post.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Peggy is arrested at the June 6th insurrection and Hank must present a convincing defense that she is insane. The judge takes 2 minutes to agree and rule in her favor.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Peggy is in the scrum next to Ashli Babbitt and a bullet strikes her, but it's blocked by her hardcover copy of A Dinner of Onions

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
God dangit, Dale, The only "red pill" I take is a single non-drowsy aspirin after a particularly hard day of work.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hank becomes a popular DYI youtuber. He loses his channel after he accidentally lets 3 seconds of Willy Nelson play on a video.

Peggy is exactly the kind of person that Qanon suckers in as been said, it appeals to her desire to be seen as smarter than everyone else. She does not go to Jan 6th because Hank stops her, but Buck does and Buck is arrested and given prison time for peeing on a memorial for Teddy Kennedy. Hank is given control of Strickland Propane but won't promote himself above Assistant Manager. Remember hank might respect and admire Buck for giving him a chance and his forever job, but he also hates Buck for his vices.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

BiggerBoat posted:

I'd bet Hank might have a word about that.

That depends. Are they cooked with clean burning propane?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

bobjr posted:

Boomhaur runs for Senator

I would watch just to see a Boomhauer rally.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

TheWorldsaStage posted:

It's not a fun time when people post their political fanfiction in the thread :(

Seriously. I don’t get the obsession with talking about how despicable all the characters would be now. We’re all of you just hate watching this or whut

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

who

who in the media tricked you

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Seriously. I don’t get the obsession with talking about how despicable all the characters would be now. We’re all of you just hate watching this or whut

Probably due to seeing the various people in their lives who started off in a similar place as the KotH characters go through that transformation over the last 10 years or so. "Obsession" seems like a pretty overwrought way of putting it, people are just joking around.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Do we know anything about the timeline for the reboot? Is everyone is the same age? It's interesting because a 45 year old father in 1997 is going to be different from one in 2020 and ignoring the Trump stuff I wonder how Hank will be characterized differently.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 20, 2021

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I think they'd have to age them up accordingly. At least I'd hope they would.

The Moon Monster posted:

Probably due to seeing the various people in their lives who started off in a similar place as the KotH characters go through that transformation over the last 10 years or so. "Obsession" seems like a pretty overwrought way of putting it, people are just joking around.

Yeah, personally, I just think enough time has passed to view these funny and interesting characters in a whole new modern context. I can imagine some fertile comedic material being mined from digging around in that. I'm always on board for more funny wherever it comes from.

Hell, several goons in this thread have even posted some scripts that made me laugh out loud and read perfectly in the characters' voices.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The world needs more Bobby Hill imo and I don't care how they make it happen

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Crush Rushton

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dale is pretty much already perfect for 2021, you don't have to change a single thing about him.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

Dale is pretty much already perfect for 2021, you don't have to change a single thing about him.

I feel like Dale would be in full PPE or at least wearing a mask 24/7 while at the same time being a serious anti-vaxxer.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Dale thinks the vaccine has been made from his vital essence, and is trying to get as many shots as he can to feel whole again.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I just like most of what Mike Judge puts out and can see real potential in aging these characters up in a modern context. Judge has always been pretty good at finding ways to take the piss out of and lampoon people regardless of their political leanings. I can picture old Hank, Dale, Bill, Boomhauer, Kahn and John Redcorn dealing with a whole set of issues alongside young adults like Bobby, Kahn Jr and Joseph. Lord knows our current political and social situations have changed a lot and aren't anymore stable, especially in loving Texas.

I also wanna see GH as a young teenager. He's a blank slate and could have turned into pretty much anything, especially with his dad being dead, and the writers could look at nature over nurture to see what he grew into. Does he turn out like Cotten, Bobby, Hank or his mom?

I dunno, I've heard far worse ideas for a reboot. We're not talking Saved By The Bell: The College Years levels of writing here I wouldn't think. I doubt Judge would look at it seriously if he didn't have some good ideas, and even though I thought it was a mistake not to age up Beavis and Butthead even that was pretty funny.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hank dealing with the Texas snowstorm blackout would be something. Actually would probably just be the airport thanksgiving again.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, Hank tries to get the citizens of Rainey Street to update their disaster plan with more safety margins for severe events. Dale is convinced that the updated safety measures should include a 24/7 night watchmen and volunteers himself to take the first 5 consecutive shifts. Peggy sells a home as "moat ready"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pixaal posted:

Hank dealing with the Texas snowstorm blackout would be something. Actually would probably just be the airport thanksgiving again.

He'd go to Ted Cruz's house and punch him in the face.

No wait, kick his rear end, literally.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7hy2-gkFhI

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

twistedmentat posted:

It can even be a callback to the “where’s the rear end on this thing so I can kick it” line.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BiggerBoat posted:

I just like most of what Mike Judge puts out and can see real potential in aging these characters up in a modern context. Judge has always been pretty good at finding ways to take the piss out of and lampoon people regardless of their political leanings. I can picture old Hank, Dale, Bill, Boomhauer, Kahn and John Redcorn dealing with a whole set of issues alongside young adults like Bobby, Kahn Jr and Joseph. Lord knows our current political and social situations have changed a lot and aren't anymore stable, especially in loving Texas.

I also wanna see GH as a young teenager. He's a blank slate and could have turned into pretty much anything, especially with his dad being dead, and the writers could look at nature over nurture to see what he grew into. Does he turn out like Cotten, Bobby, Hank or his mom?

I dunno, I've heard far worse ideas for a reboot. We're not talking Saved By The Bell: The College Years levels of writing here I wouldn't think. I doubt Judge would look at it seriously if he didn't have some good ideas, and even though I thought it was a mistake not to age up Beavis and Butthead even that was pretty funny.

One day you look up and you're 60 Hank. YOU'RE 60 HANK

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Highnk

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
Minh and Kahn invite over their good personal friend, Andy Ngo, who helps teach them the real meaning of fascism in preparation for Ted Wassanasong's Boat Parade.

Great karaoke scene with Kahn at the Boat Parade.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
ted would be such a rich maga guy too

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
Hank has to fix boats after they sink at the Boat Parade.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-boat-parades-left-untold-destruction-in-their-wake/ar-AALKQBD

Or maybe Hank gets angry and takes over steering away from Bill to avoid a disaster? Something like that, this part of the episode more-or-less writes itself.

Peggy gets separated and has a Caitlyn Jenner moment when she confuses a bunch of glamorous trans women as rich pro-Trump socialites and they assume she is trans as well. Peggy doesn't do a good job shifting her opinions but she is nakedly trying to fit in veering wildly from pro-Trump to anti-Trump statements with supreme confidence that fools no one, other than Peggy herself.

Edit: There is an Enby in the group that she keeps calling "Emily".

OnlyBans fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 21, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

One of my favorite moments, exactly what I was thinking of too.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Beavis and Butthead revival (a decade ago now) was really good but I was really hoping they'd age them up.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I thought switching it up to them riffing on reality tv was enough of an update and also funnier than music videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I made a vest out of your wife’s underwear. I can’t imagine what you’d do to me.