Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Bwahaha thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
man, roth is killing it

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
can we rename this sub to A Leonard Nimoy Forum

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I hear in Europe they call this sub The Wifi Sci-fi

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

can we rename this sub to A Leonard Nimoy Forum

ALNF

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Taking an opportunity to vent/ rant a little and not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, it's really striking to me how interested people seem in talking about movies they hate. Maybe I'm a weirdo but I don't enjoy talking about movies I hate, and when I do I tend to try to see why they became the way they are, which puts me in the odd position of defending movies I don't even care for (I think a lot of it is the common assumption that unliked movies must have been thrown together carelessly by HACKS, when I've found that even the worst movies have had a LOT of thought put into them, and the best movies often serendipitous strokes of luck).

I swear I'm not just complaining that my threads about beloved classic movies are relatively slow in garnering responses ok yeah I am. Just saying maaaaayyybe you all love these movies more than you're letting on.

One day you'll finally be like "I love you" and Attack of the Clones is gonna be all "I know."
*John Williams love theme*

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Or you could take people at their word instead of inventing fan fiction in your head about other people's feelings about a piece of media.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Where's the fun in THAT??

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I try to put more effort into writing about things I like, which is why I post about the prequels. :buddy: I'm also glad that the spaceship threads have kept going.

There is a whole thing where when you hate a thing that opinion is a toxic thing that you need to vent somewhere, and if there's disagreement, arguments drive a lot of engagement on the internet, which is something to be wary about, but it is true. And in more specific terms, the Sequel trilogy still overshadows the entire franchise of Star Wars and it's still unclear how exactly Disney will move forward, and as a double whammy, people have a habit of clamming up about good TV shows they like for fear of spoiling.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I swear I'm not just complaining that my threads about beloved classic movies are relatively slow in garnering responses ok yeah I am. Just saying maaaaayyybe you all love these movies more than you're letting on.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There seems to be a lot of hearing zebras here.

You should consider the fact that there are people who enjoy shitposting about garbage things.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Is there a large amount of movie-hate going in SFWF? Prequeldome was shuttered many moons ago now.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

It's not really that bad. Mostly there was a "which one's worse prequels or sequels" derail going in the pictures thread simultaneously with the Dome thread getting a boost of activity the past couple days.

CainFortea posted:

There seems to be a lot of hearing zebras here.

You should consider the fact that there are people who enjoy shitposting about garbage things.

So you're saying it's like the dark side of the force

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Ah, interacting online as I do exclusively through a text-based terminal emulator, the images thread is a mystery to me.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

So you're saying it's like the dark side of the force

it's true. just yesterday i strangled someone with the power of my mind. it's not a story the mods would tell you, though.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cease has poo poo posted to a room of new posters. I've seen the security footage.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I believe that talking about movies that I hate is the only way anyone is gonna know they really ought to make me a better one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's fun to talk about bad movies, to try to figure out what went wrong, examine the ways they are bad and what decisions seem to have led to that, and how the studio reacts to that reception.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Sometimes it's just sheer astonishment that anyone could be handed half a billion dollars and still manage to gently caress everything us so badly.

Which is the entirety of my reaction to Rise of Skywalker - not why, but how.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Sometimes it's just sheer astonishment that anyone could be handed half a billion dollars and still manage to gently caress everything us so badly.

"He was handed a terrible script, but also an enormous check."

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I only talk about Aliens which is a 100% positive thing.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Would it be hosed up and hated if I did a let's read of the X-Wing series of star wars books in syfy wifi

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

:justpost:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

karmicknight posted:

Would it be hosed up and hated if I did a let's read of the X-Wing series of star wars books in syfy wifi

there's really only one way to find out

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

karmicknight posted:

Gonking do it.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Supposedly a lot of it came down to Disney refusing to budge on the release date - which, ironically, is supposedly what drove J.J. Abrams away from wanting to do Ep 8 in the first place.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Why ain't we got a spooky title? Something like The Sci-Fi Die-Fi, unless that was last year's...

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Spook-Kook Wook-Fook.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think we did die-fi already, does anybody have any other ideas? Toss me a couple more to take to the Admins

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Svengoolie presents: The Sci-Fi Wi-Fi

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
The SFWF Halloween Special

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Svengoolie presents: The Sci-Fi Wi-Fi

I miss Svengoolie.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The Rocky Horror Picture Thread

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Best Forum, But Spooky Now (PS Everyone Here Wants To Kiss Rich Evans On The Lips)

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Wow, that is spooky.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Scare-Fear Were-Faire

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Space Ghosts, come and roast.

Scry-Fi Why-Fi

Fantasyland

Spooky Forum With Fictional science

Or maybe title the forum referencing some famous horror sci-fi reference like Alien Chest Burst Zone or Frankenstein's Loser Grandkids.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Somehow, Halloween Returned

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Edgar Allen Ho posted: