Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Partial Octopus posted:

Check out the infotainment on the base WRX :lol:

Catching up, but holy lol there is not enough :chloe: in the world for this.

It looks like an aftermarket solution to when you want to swap your stereo but the HVAC controls were built in so they give you a tacked on looking extra display to control them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

opengl128 posted:

Catching up, but holy lol there is not enough :chloe: in the world for this.

It looks like an aftermarket solution to when you want to swap your stereo but the HVAC controls were built in so they give you a tacked on looking extra display to control them.

Holy gently caress you nailed it. Dash by Metra.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Im actually right now surprised by the new Tundra. Turbo V6 hybrid sounds neat!
It has a larger screen but its landscape mode vs portrait.
Looked like all the HVAC controls had physical push buttons.
Im digging both the Purple and Orange colors, and the full roll down rear window is cool.

I dont know which trim gets that huge chrome grill. gently caress that trim. *edit (Its the Platinum trim)
The other fronts and grills seem ok. Maybe the camo looking pattern around the fender flairs and seats on the TRD Pro might look weird. Need to see in person I guess.

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 20, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does it still only come with an open rear diff

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I’ve engaged the rear locker on my truck once, in deep rear end winter, just to try it out and not because I needed it.

tbh i think a real LSD would be better

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

bird with big dick posted:

Does it still only come with an open rear diff

TRD trims have locking rear.

It's cool that the hybrid is on the top offroad trim. I still say Ford should have made the Raptor a hybrid this year.

Maybe they'll make a Lightning Raptor one of these years. :getin:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Allegedly Nissan will be offering this red interior with the new Z. Unclear if the blue interior shown on the official site will be offered or if it's just promotional. I normally like red much much more than blue, but for some reason I like the blue interior a lot more.

Also, assuming the photos on that forum post hit the complete range of paint colors offered, they don't even have a red exterior to go with it??

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Zero One posted:

I still say Ford should have made the Raptor a hybrid this year.

That's an odd way to say the Raptor should get the 7.3L Godzilla

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

BloodBag posted:

The upcoming "R" can have whatever engine you want. I meant a hybrid to go with their V6 twin turbo model.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Zero One posted:

The upcoming "R" can have whatever engine you want. I meant a hybrid to go with their V6 twin turbo model.
The 7.3 is the super duty gets a different version of the 10 speed. The probably won't just bolt together.

But you're right, the Raptor with the 3.5L should have the hybrid version of it, and the Raptor should also get the Godzilla.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Franco Caution posted:

Im actually right now surprised by the new Tundra. Turbo V6 hybrid sounds neat!
It has a larger screen but its landscape mode vs portrait.
Looked like all the HVAC controls had physical push buttons.
Im digging both the Purple and Orange colors, and the full roll down rear window is cool.

I dont know which trim gets that huge chrome grill. gently caress that trim. *edit (Its the Platinum trim)
The other fronts and grills seem ok. Maybe the camo looking pattern around the fender flairs and seats on the TRD Pro might look weird. Need to see in person I guess.

My wife's new 4Runner/GX/LX is lookin' good. Those curbs in the whole foods parking lot aren't gonna know what hit em. And neither will the pedestrians. :v:

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Im just surprised Toyota didnt just throw some new body panels on an aging frame, stick an iPad on the dash, and call it a day.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Franco Caution posted:

Im just surprised Toyota didnt just throw some new body panels on an aging frame, stick an iPad on the dash, and call it a day.

I mean they've done that for 10+ years already.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Another GR86 review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OAOh3OCSt8

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

ilkhan posted:

The 7.3 is the super duty gets a different version of the 10 speed. The probably won't just bolt together.

But you're right, the Raptor with the 3.5L should have the hybrid version of it, and the Raptor should also get the Godzilla.

I wonder if anyone will ever put the 7.3 in the mustang. Why let Dodge have all the fun?

E: Oh gently caress yes! https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/godzilla-7-3l-v8-swapped-cobra-jet-rockets-to-1-4-mile-in-10-seconds-video/

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 20, 2021

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I have more confidence that Toyota will meet the fuel economy numbers in the real world with their hybrid Tundra than Ford, who teaches to the test with the EcoBoost F-150s harder than Tesla does with range numbers.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm definitely intrigued by the new Tundra. Buying one, driving it for 3 years and selling it for 90% + of what I paid for it is compelling...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Godzilla07 posted:

I have more confidence that Toyota will meet the fuel economy numbers in the real world with their hybrid Tundra than Ford, who teaches to the test with the EcoBoost F-150s harder than Tesla does with range numbers.

My hybrid f-150 is listed as 25 mpg but I've gotten to 30 on some of my drives.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

It is kind of weird that they even listed the S2000 on RS4s on the leaderboard. Looks like a really good upgrade though.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Oh my. During the video, Im like "wow, so I guess the ND2 is no longer the best street car."
Video at the end: The ND2 is the best street car out of all of these"

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
If the OG twins had been this car I'd own one instead of an S2000. I had a deposit on one and was going to pull the trigger until I was completely underwhelmed on the test drive.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Franco Caution posted:

Oh my. During the video, Im like "wow, so I guess the ND2 is no longer the best street car."
Video at the end: The ND2 is the best street car out of all of these"

Some of us don't fit in "the best street car out of all of these" okay! If I were shorter I'd own a Miata by now. :argh:

(I haven't watched the video yet but I expect the twins are good enough now that the practicality advantage is a much bigger factor than it used to be)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

BloodBag posted:

:hmmyes:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

FBS posted:

Some of us don't fit in "the best street car out of all of these" okay! If I were shorter I'd own a Miata by now. :argh:

:(:hf::(

My eye-line is somewhere between the sun visors and the latches for the soft top.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

FBS posted:

(I haven't watched the video yet but I expect the twins are good enough now that the practicality advantage is a much bigger factor than it used to be)

MrYenko posted:

:(:hf::(

My eye-line is somewhere between the sun visors and the latches for the soft top.

https://pacomotorsports.com/product/nd-miata-seat-lowering-brackets/

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Screw that, just sit on a phonebook or two :haw:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I don’t know if even an inch and a half is gonna help me. I’d love to sit in one with those installed though.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

When did these come out? Last time I checked (years ago) there wasn't a solution for the NDs yet.

Sab669 posted:

Screw that, just sit on a phonebook or two :haw:

I briefly drove an RF and it was admittedly hilarious to do shoulder checks over the top of the rear roof section.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

FBS posted:

When did these come out? Last time I checked (years ago) there wasn't a solution for the NDs yet.

I briefly drove an RF and it was admittedly hilarious to do shoulder checks over the top of the rear roof section.

June 2019 :)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, I don't know if any amount of seat lowering would help in my case. Also, I could never position the wheel in a spot where my knee wouldn't hit it if I moved ever so slightly.

That, and I have no use for a convertible in southwestern PA. It's either hot and sticky or cold and rainy.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

FBS posted:

Absolutely. The 2nd Gen twins are what the first gen should have been.
And it has the practicality over the ND, but is missing the "feels good" wind in your hair of the ND.

gently caress I guess I need to eventually redo my horrible test drive from years ago once these start hitting the showrooms.
Now the question is which one? BRZ or FR

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Bias in owning the subaru version, but if buying new I'd go Subaru since they seem to hold their value better in comparison and I'd rather have Subaru working on a mostly Subaru parts car since they see more similar poo poo.

Just my opinion

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

The BRZ might be easier to get since Subaru dealerships can special order them at MSRP. Toyota dealerships started wait lists, but from what I heard there’s no special order process like Subaru. Pricing for the GR hasn’t been announced yet. And the Toyota November estimate is probably off.

It’s gonna be a while before you can go to a dealer and find either one on the lot though.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The front end on the Subaru is way uglier but if I do end up buying one I'll probably just go with whichever model I can find the best deal on.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I'm just happy wheels and tires are the same size on the new model. I have a 2nd set of 17" wheels that I originally bought for my 2011 WRX that has all-season tires on it that are SLIGHTLY off for the BRZ. They still worked in a pinch though to allow me to drive the car in cold, but not snowy, weather. Temps that would normally damage the Pilot Sport 4 tires I have on it.

But, those all seasons are getting down in tread and, at this point, would be almost 11 years old. They are getting a bit greasy on the street. I've been holding off until the new twins launched because I wanted to be sure I could use them on the new car if I bought on in the next 1-2 years and now that's certain. I just need to find out about the specs for the TMPS system so I can put the right sensors in them (they have none now) when I get new tires mounted. I never bothered before because my current BRZ needs a tool to switch them, but the new car is supposed to be able to store two sets of wheels/tires in the system. I think a set of Pilot Sport AS4 mounted in the correct BRZ 17" size would be just about perfect to keep the car as a viable driving option over the winter months.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

FBS posted:

The front end on the Subaru is way uglier but if I do end up buying one I'll probably just go with whichever model I can find the best deal on.

Yea I really don't like the shape of the vents / black plastic on the BRZ's front bumper.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

bull3964 posted:

I just need to find out about the specs for the TMPS system so I can put the right sensors in them (they have none now) when I get new tires mounted. I never bothered before because my current BRZ needs a tool to switch them, but the new car is supposed to be able to store two sets of wheels/tires in the system.

You could also buy sensors that have cloned IDs so you can just swap back and forth without thinking about it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

BlackMK4 posted:

You could also buy sensors that have cloned IDs so you can just swap back and forth without thinking about it.

Didn't even know that was a thing. Though if the new car can handle both sets, it wouldn't be necessary.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Probably 433mhz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Looking like the 400Z and the BRZ/GR86 are the home run last hurrah of ICE that the 2022 WRX isnt.