Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

So that was definitely the season 1 crew on that other ship right?

There's no way they could get all those actors back. Not unless you want a season where they only stand around on the ship / Constantine's manor and occasionally talk to potted plants / old props / things lying around the writer's room.

I could imagine them getting one or two back though, but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

There's no way they could get all those actors back. Not unless you want a season where they only stand around on the ship / Constantine's manor and occasionally talk to potted plants / old props / things lying around the writer's room.

I could imagine them getting one or two back though, but who knows.

Maybe one per episode!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Maybe one per episode!

I can see them getting Ray and Nora back, but only because they got Routh filming episodes of The Flash. I dunno about a lot of the rest; corona isolating for an episode or two might not be affordable for the show

But your idea rocks, don't get me wrong.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I really liked most of this season, but I really didn't like that finale. Some great gags and moments, but man, no.

Pillowpants posted:

I’ve got the exact opposite opinion. This season just plodded along but the finale was a return to form.

I didn't like any part of this season and the last episode was no exception. It didn't have the grumpiness and general "everyone is sick of each other" vibe that dragged a lot of the season down, but I was honestly bored. I found myself getting up to check if I need to buy groceries tomorrow about half way through.

Captain Aardvark
Dec 28, 2008

At least Felicity didn't get to ruin this wedding

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I've mostly been on board for this season, but that finale was just ideas strung together with no logical connection.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was pretty sure Bishop was going to get eaten by the :cthulhu: babies as soon as they were introduced, but like gently caress that guy, doesn't deserve better. Though I thought they'd eat him as he tried to steal them or something.

The other wave rider has the Bizzaro version of the Legends, Sarah has an Eyepatch and a scar, Ava has pink hair and a robot arm, Berhard has ice powers, Zai is a head in a jar and Nate is an egg.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

So that was definitely the season 1 crew on that other ship right?

I prefer to think of them as “The Custodians of Chronology”

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I bet Gideon is the evil captain

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thought the finale was kind of emblematic of the show this season. Kind of all over the place but their heart was in the right place.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Tiggum posted:

I didn't like any part of this season and the last episode was no exception. It didn't have the grumpiness and general "everyone is sick of each other" vibe that dragged a lot of the season down, but I was honestly bored. I found myself getting up to check if I need to buy groceries tomorrow about half way through.

100% agree, same for me. I was reading a book for most of it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah a few bits were sloppy but they hit the right emotional notes. Sarah and Ava's wedding was as sweet as it needed to be, and also saved the planet.

And it makes a little more sense that the mushroom network is a shield since those specific world-destroying aliens have a deathly fungus allergy.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

oh jay posted:

I've mostly been on board for this season, but that finale was just ideas strung together with no logical connection.

Yeah, this was my main problem. I love some of the ideas -- the queer weeding saves the day, the interconnectedness jokes (and payoff), Mushroom John telling people to eat him, younger Bishop turning up.... Even minor gags like Sarah kicking an alien halfway across a field and then Ava shotgunning it so hard it alters course at a complete 90 degree angle.

But there was nothing that connected a lot of this stuff on any deeper level, and the character motivations didn't make an awful deal of sense. Yeah, the Legends of stupid, but they're also invested in being alive. I find it impossible to understand why "plan a wedding" was a ploy that made literally any sense to them (or why, if they were so invested in doing last minute bucket list items, they all apparently forgot to their own).

Then there's other weird handwavey stuff like Spooner's powers vanishing after she gets injected with the antidote, John reappearing and being in debt to a demon(?), power swapping meaning that the new recipients have total control over their abilities, John apparently being stuck in the past along with everyone else but also no longer being on the show...

Feel like someone told them to wrap a bunch of the plots the gently caress up tbh.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Just glad we can get over the whole Ava/Sarah wedding BS now. Getting married isn't that complicated. But maybe because both I and my husband are men and we both had the same best man during hurricane Sandy thing might be different with 2 women.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Not my favorite finale but it had a lot of stuff I really enjoyed.

Younger Bishop thinking this was like A Christmas Carol, only for Nate to basically say "Nah you're doomed, sorry." and erase his mind was one of the best jokes this show has ever done.

The wedding was also awesome and I'm glad Constantine could return down the line. I'm curious what that key opens, that's a fun mystery for next season.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
This was a dodgy season but I am happy to blame that on Covid 19 absolutely screwing TV shows over .
This season only though, so next season needs to be back on top form to keep me interested.

Nate and Berhad are kinda just there, Astra is as evil as a dust bunny, Gary needs to go back to small doses please and I LIKE Gary. It's nice to see a happy non het wedding but I would gladly see the back of Sarah and Ava now, same as Ray and Nora. Go build IKEA furniture together ladies.

Too many characters, please God they thin the ranks a bit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I don’t think the show works without Sara. And Ava was awesome this season. Some of Jes Macallan’s best work.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i think nate or (if they brought her back full time) og zari would make a good captain at this point. it would at least give nick something to do as he seemed to be sleeping through a lot of his lines, especially in the finale. tbh i actually expected that they were gonna have sara and ava leave after the wedding

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

site posted:

i think nate or (if they brought her back full time) og zari would make a good captain at this point. it would at least give nick something to do as he seemed to be sleeping through a lot of his lines, especially in the finale. tbh i actually expected that they were gonna have sara and ava leave after the wedding

Yeah there's just less chemistry between Nate and Behrad. It somehow worked a bit better as a triumvirate between Nate, Ray, and Behrad.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Let's be honest though, when's the last time Nate and Behrad even shared a scene?

Whoever said Nick Zano seemed completely checked out of that finale was completely correct btw. Hopefully they'll find more interesting material for him to play next, uh, month.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Farewell to a very uneven season. Some of the earlier stuff this season was awesome, then Sara got back with the team and it all fell apart.

I feel like this show could be better next season/month, hopefully I am right. I don’t want to see this show continue to fall off a cliff like all other non S&L Arrowverse shows.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I'm surprised how much I enjoyed S & L - it's taken LOT's spot as top show. Maybe next season will give S&L a run for it's 💰💰

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I was hoping they would get rid of Sara's alien healing this episode. Sure it's a cool power but now they can keep having her say "just shoot me" takes all tense out of the scene when you know she can't die.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wonder how many more seasons this show goes. Kind of feels like they will keep making episodes until Caity Lotz is done with the show.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Very sad they couldn't get Mohinder to show up for the final battle to hold a chair or something

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I thought the season was fine, albeit the weakest one since the show became good. It hasn't really missed a beat, but maybe it should, to shake the rhythm up a bit.

I did appreciate how Constantine went out in about as on-brand a fashion as he possibly could, basically telling us that you can put in him period clothes and have him participate in power of friendship rituals every week, but ultimately he's still John Constantine and he's a right bastard who's really not a good long-term fit for the team.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta1bsz6x9iU

Lol, barely a month between seasons.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So they’re FINALLY gonna do a season where they’re stuck in a certain time/place!? Let’s see how long it takes them to get out of this one.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I predict... 5 episodes at max. Any more and the time period might get stale.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I predict... 5 episodes at max. Any more and the time period might get stale.

I reckon 2, 3 at most.

(Episode 3 is their 100th episode.)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They didn't stick with the aliens gimmick any more than that there's no way all of s7 will be in one era

site fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 20, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They have to go get Matt Ryan's new character which probably won't happen in the first episode. He'll get to use his real accent for once since he's playing a Welshman.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It does seem pretty odd that they're getting this season out so soon though. What's that about

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Legends has always filmed off schedule to the rest of the CW shows, usually because it is a midseason replacement. So unlike Flash or S&L they were done filming s6 early this year, leaving them plenty of time to get ahead on filming s7. Other shows aren't so lucky and Flash is doing an event to start the season in order to give some of the regular cast a longer break.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I’m starting to crash on these CW shows without a longer break.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

muscles like this! posted:

Legends has always filmed off schedule to the rest of the CW shows, usually because it is a midseason replacement. So unlike Flash or S&L they were done filming s6 early this year, leaving them plenty of time to get ahead on filming s7. Other shows aren't so lucky and Flash is doing an event to start the season in order to give some of the regular cast a longer break.

I feel like having a month and a half separation between seasons isn't just getting a leg up because of covid

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW probably just needs SOMETHING new to air for the fall season and Legends is what they have available. They keep buying the rights to foreign shows (latest being an action show starring Tom Welling and Brendan Fraser) but they don't seem to do too well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The new 4400 drops soon.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

so they already show them in a new Waverider? Or even another Waverider they steal from someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

GreenNight posted:

I’m starting to crash on these CW shows without a longer break.

It's not the break..it's that the quality has gone down tremendously in the last season. Maybe it is due to COVID, but replacing Ray and Nora with Spooner and Behrad and "Zari v2" didn't really do it for me. Nate seems lost, Gary is insufferable...but at least Sara has alien dna now!