Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Why bother learning the names of future blood stains?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hate the marketing for this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swwff5mZXBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sZ520hRM-c

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i guess it's doing the uma musume type thing where the athletes are also idols

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

So is it a ice hocket anime or an idol one?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think its just a hockey anime and the idol bit in that pv is just a marketing thing. there's no mention of idols or anything idol adajcent in any of the summaries and its not shown in any of the other PVs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1CVRxiKeEI

I dont think its an actual thing in the show. i cant find any jp summaries that mention it all either. that or its an extremely late addition for... some reason. regardless even if it is in the show the vast majority of the marketing is focused on the hockey aspect.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 19, 2021

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope they have some fights on the ice like in real ice hockey, but i suspect they wont

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

i hope they have some fights on the ice like in real ice hockey, but i suspect they wont
hey someone gets elbowed in the pv at least

though yeah i doubt theyll be literally fistfighting each otehr

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
If the show doesn’t have an incident where the good player gets levelled by some opposing goon, so the team overreacts and brings in some 6’2 4th line goon to “make a statement” it’s not going to be a real hockey show :argh:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the earlier pv i remember seeing was more focused on the sport narrative in terms of building the team and aspirational/off-ice stuff, with a few shoulder up shots of the girls playing that gave the impression it wouldn't deliver on actual games

so now having two pvs all-in on different presentations of the show just confused expectations. the idol stuff (aside from whether the performance is real) feeds a bit more into the tone of the prior pv i saw, which made the Very Sports one seem kind of baity. but what endorph posted is basically a fusion of the two that feels like it'll be most representative.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Woman's Hockey doesn't have fighting and fighting in Hockey is on the way out cause the effect of concussions/head trauma is well known

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
It was a joke.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Hockey isn't "supposed" to have fighting anyways. Players just eat the penalty.

If they were going to make an anime about girls beating the poo poo out of each other they would have picked roller derby.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 19, 2021

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Black Stones posted:

It was a joke.

Too late.

Next season thread will be up later this week.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Now that in Remake the bad future arc is wrapping up for loop 3 to start, I'm still invested. Bad future was a little eh and Hashiba is still maybe a tad too wunderkind, but I think it ultimately stuck the landing. I'm looking forward to more of it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AND IT'S ALREADY AIRING

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thank you grouchio

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's a show about big tatty girls?

Uhhhhhhh.... why is an apparent salary man meeting a high school girl on a train and getting her tit-popping buttons :catstare:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

It's a show about big tatty girls?

Uhhhhhhh.... why is an apparent salary man meeting a high school girl on a train and getting her tit-popping buttons :catstare:
What? You didn't see the first season of shorts back in 2016? Are you the horny police? :v:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I'm surprised this is getting a sequel as the manga seems like it's heading for a conclusion.
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1439593138646028293?s=20

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Aww I thought Douki-chan was a full show (which honestly would have just been a half hour of shorts). Watching her constantly getting owned while failing to Get Some sounds like it could be hilarious, but I would still be cheering her on! I was expecting the dude to go out and bang someone else immediately after tucking her in.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lmao that the one anime Grouchio has watched is a random ecchi short nobody has heard of

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Lmao that the one anime Grouchio has watched is a random ecchi short nobody has heard of

Absolutely on digibrah or mothersbasement etcs top 10 ecchi anime of the decade lists.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

GorfZaplen posted:

i think it's as normcore as ecchi anime gets

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tawawa is the original before douki took the world by storm, famous for being no color, all blue

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

GorfZaplen posted:

Hahaha yeah... definitely never heard of it... ha...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

There's only like four posts about it on this entire website. People should be less cowardly!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe it's just boring

i feel like it has only been relevant twice since it originally blew up because of being blue. there was recent manga news that got it circulated by news accounts, and i wanna say it started/was involved in one of the "balance thing on boobs" art memes

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I mean, I watched that terrible Dogeza short from like 3 seasons ago and I read all of GalCooking so I'm definitely lobbing bricks from a glass house here. Big Yiddie Show Lore from the First Cour is pretty funny tho

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

GorfZaplen posted:

There's only like four posts about it on this entire website. People should be less cowardly!
ecchi romcoms just don't get a lot of play around here unless it's like in jump or something

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Coaaab posted:

ecchi romcoms just don't get a lot of play around here unless it's like in jump or something

Yes, due to everyone's extreme cowardice and lack of spine

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's time to begin the era of discourse about whether ayakashi triangle is woke

e; i forgot that ayakashi is jump. carry on

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes but only marginally

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in cucky's very first episode she is in dire need for consulting with HR as her sexual harassment of mc-kun has no place in the modern workplace

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Putting their level of horniness aside, short anime rarely get talked about period, even when they're really, really good, like Nobunaga's Ninja

I bet no one except the hard cores would care if a new Wooser season was announced, either

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 20, 2021

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've been posting about wooser for years now and one day he's gonna come back! he's still cameoing in anime after all

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

OnimaruXLR posted:

Putting their level of horniness aside, short anime rarely get talked about period, even when they're really, really good, like Nobunaga's Ninja

I bet no one except the hard cores would care if a new Wooser season was announced, either

Hell, I don't think Bandai were prepared for how insanely popular Pui Pui Molcars turned out to be.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

shorts???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDo_r1y9r2I

as artiswitch concludes, Nina must confront her past and doubts to determine her future as a witch, we give a slight reevaluation to those sus animals, and spend a bit of time catching up with the customers helped along the way (yes all of them!). also they finally released the full series ED from prison :pray:

i ran out of time for more, so next time: the review

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Davincie posted:

in cucky's very first episode she is in dire need for consulting with HR as her sexual harassment of mc-kun has no place in the modern workplace

It's her fault she couldn't get laid she didn't even try :colbert:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

GorfZaplen posted:

Yes, due to everyone's extreme cowardice and lack of spine
The hornypurge is upon us. Hide your mouse pads and suggestive resin figurettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

All I know about Douki-chan is that a bunch of catty office ladies fight for the affection of the last man on Earth. And that it takes place in the same universe as Tawawa. Which is itself an alternate universe where simultaneously every woman is sporting E+ cups and no one makes clothing for busty women.

Malsangoroth fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Sep 21, 2021