Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Woo-hoo, over .500 on overall bets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I just finished a bottle of scotch. Here is my picks for Sunday.

5k on o48 in the Cleveland/Texans game.
5k on o49 in the niners/ eagles game.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

My final selections for today

Chubb over 89.5 yards
Broncos -6
Pats -6
Steelers -5.5
Rams/Panthers/Bucs/Chiefs 7 point teaser +180, yes I teased through 0 twice

One interesting thing that jumped out to me last night, figured I'd mention here since it surprised me: Denver was by far the worst in the league last year in turnover differential at -16 with 23 ints and 9 fumbles. The next worst teams were the 49ers (17 ints 14 fumbles) and the Raiders (10 ints 16 fumbles) at -11. Top ranked are the Titans at +11. Obviously we have that baseline idea of each team in our heads, based in part on the results we saw from each last year. Keeping this in mind for Denver specifically going forward, just getting those turnovers under control to some degree will increase their performance by a ton.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
There isn't really an upset ML pick I feel great about this week, Vikings(+165), Titans(+220) and Bengals(+110) are the ones I can make a good case for.

Bengals +2
Raiders +8
Rams -4
Saints -3
Broncos -6

Raiders line specifically seems like bullshit to me, that game is being decided by a FG

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Yeah I didn't feel like getting in on the Steelers at -6.5, 5.5 got me in and 8 for the Raiders seems like a good enough bet. Was close to taking the Cowboys ML but backed out entirely on that game instead.

Added Cowboys +3 and Chiefs points over 28.5 tonight

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 19, 2021

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Caesars has a very stupid promotion where if you get 10 of 14 spread bets correct, you get a free $2,500.

I have 9 wins going into SNF with Chiefs -3.5

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I discovered that the site I use for betting added teasers for this NFL season, all I have left is Chiefs +3.5 to win a 5/1 teaser.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

try the new taco place posted:

Caesars has a very stupid promotion where if you get 10 of 14 spread bets correct, you get a free $2,500.

I have 9 wins going into SNF with Chiefs -3.5

Good luck, fellow goon.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Well I still won a bunch

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

This is the kind of thinking that loses me money sometimes, but Jamaal Williams is a +240 anytime TD scorer going up against his old team, that's tempting for me. Seems like Campbell has said some glowing things about him too and he got one last week. Hockenson isn't too bad at +200 and Cobb is +290. Even though he had only one target last week, I could see Cobb getting in on the fun if Green Bay are scoring a lot, Rodgers wanting to get it to him for the R E L A X factor.

Also the Lions team total is only 17 -120

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
What sites do you guys use for betting?

I used bookmaker for a long time before it became legal in my state but they don't have good promos or props.

Is Draftkings any good? They are currently advertising like crazy on the radio around here

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Rufio posted:

I used bookmaker for a long time before it became legal in my state but they don't have good promos or props.

Is Draftkings any good? They are currently advertising like crazy on the radio around here

Draft Kings is my main bookie and they're fine, app can be a little slow if you're live betting but other then that they're pretty good.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I use FanDuel but both are fine. They almost always have offers for new sign ups so make sure you are getting something out of joining.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rufio posted:

Pokerstars cause I'm a dirty European

Also, I've chucked some money on the Panthers winning the NFC South @8.5 with the idea of cashing the bet out as the odds shorten. I don't think they'll beat the Bucs, but I do think they're overpriced (and they've moved into ~6 just from beating the Saints)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

GB DET over 49
Jared Goff over 35.5 pass attempts
DET over 17.5

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

got 750 on detroit +11

6-1 for the season. here's hoping goff can do things.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Riding three units of DET ML +700. Pray for me tonight.

A bunch of other boosts and such that are pro-Packers, so it’ll hedge out some.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1440126294155350022?s=20

i get they're running against this defense that really opens up the running game, but this is nuts

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

GB DET over 49
Jared Goff over 35.5 pass attempts
DET over 17.5

Cant believe we got a goose eggs out of the lions in the second half

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Do any of the online sites offer lightning bets? I just found out about this and want to dabble. My bookie is afraid to take the action.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Unreal. Can't see myself backing Detroit again in any fashion anytime soon.

Credit to the bookmakers where it's due, just when you think you have an easy winner something like that happens.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Unreal. Can't see myself backing Detroit again in any fashion anytime soon.

Credit to the bookmakers where it's due, just when you think you have an easy winner something like that happens.

I mean... have you watched football in the past 70 years? Detroit loving the dog in the third quarter is something to be relied upon.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Hammering down on Carolina -8

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
WEEK 4 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS

UNC-Charlotte (-3)
Mississippi State (+2.5)
Utah State (+9)
Arkansas (+4.5)
Kansas State (+6)

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Hammering down on Carolina -8

Have also taken this action so get ready for the panthers to poo poo the bed

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Quick looks, definitely teasing the Panthers tonight, not sure with what quite yet. Darnold rushing yards line is set at only 6.5, he definitely likes to run a little, though now that he's no longer a Jet he probably doesn't need to scramble as much. Nevertheless, this would go over in 8 of the 12 games he played last year.

e: For teaser partners take your pick, Cards Ravens Bills Browns? Falcons? I settled on Panthers Cards Bills. And I like under 55.5 for Rams/Bucs

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 24, 2021

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Quick looks, definitely teasing the Panthers tonight, not sure with what quite yet. Darnold rushing yards line is set at only 6.5, he definitely likes to run a little, though now that he's no longer a Jet he probably doesn't need to scramble as much. Nevertheless, this would go over in 8 of the 12 games he played last year.

I'm doing a same game parlay of Panthers covering, DJ Moore scoring anytime and over 255 sam darnold passing yards +475.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

e: For teaser partners take your pick, Cards Ravens Bills Browns? Falcons? I settled on Panthers Cards Bills. And I like under 55.5 for Rams/Bucs

I think Rams/Bucs is going over, Tampa Bay has a suspect secondary and Brady’s playstyle is perfect to exploit the way the Rams play defense.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

I think Rams/Bucs is going over, Tampa Bay has a suspect secondary and Brady’s playstyle is perfect to exploit the way the Rams play defense.

Honestly you may be right about Rams/Bucs, just not sure if I'll cash it out yet or stick with it. It's strictly a sort of playoff matchup type hunch for me.

Rams are another solid teaser option, if it were the Bucs getting a point I'd tease them instead.

e: And added Falcons +3

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

WEEK 4 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
Mississippi State (+2.5)
Utah State (+9)
Arkansas (+4.5)
Kansas State (+6)

I'm moneylining Arkansas but otherwise like these. I'm taking the under on boise Utah St instead of the spread, but similar idea.

Also taking west virginia+17 and under 70 on wake forest/UVA.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

G-Hawk posted:

I'm moneylining Arkansas but otherwise like these. I'm taking the under on boise Utah St instead of the spread, but similar idea.

Also taking west virginia+17 and under 70 on wake forest/UVA.

Tailed you on all of these (Arkansas ML, under Boise, WVU +17, under Wake Forest). Cheers man — made a lot of money today.

Unfortunately, my big parlay included those and Michigan to cover. Felt great about it at halftime too. That loving second half. Wish I would’ve done some round robin bets or something.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Cardinals/Ravens/Saints/Bills/Rams/Packers teaser(+6.5)

-7 Bills
+3 Packers
+7.5 Bears
-7.5 Cardinals

Saints +125
Chargers +240

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Like the saints, going for Chiefs/Ravens/Cards/Saints/Broncos to win and Chargers +6.5, Saints +3 and Colts +5.5 to cover

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

5k on browns o44.5

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Thanks for Arkansas yesterday, don't watch or bet on college really, but I know there's a lot of good opportunities over there. This was one of them but I chickened out on the ML and just grabbed em at +5.5. We'll take it!

Falcons +3 turning out to be my big straight bet of the week, got a couple teasers that rely on the Bills and I also have a unit on them at -7. Also a unit on my Jets +10.5 cause I simply cannot resist.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Theme for today is betting against bad/backup quarterbacks.

LV -3.5
TEN -5.5
ARI -7.5

Trevor Lawrence under 249.5 yards passing
Zach Wilson under 210.5 yards passing

Also a single game parlay for ARI/JAX that essentially amounts to “Murray and the Cardinals go off and win by multiple touchdowns”.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Well the last minute of that half could not have gone worse

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Bless you Justin Tucker, the teaser savior. And the godawful Falcons came through against the somehow more godawful Giants.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Aggro posted:

Theme for today is betting against bad/backup quarterbacks.

LV -3.5
TEN -5.5
ARI -7.5

Trevor Lawrence under 249.5 yards passing
Zach Wilson under 210.5 yards passing

Also a single game parlay for ARI/JAX that essentially amounts to “Murray and the Cardinals go off and win by multiple touchdowns”.

Learned a valuable lesson about teasing lines over to the other side of a field goal, but otherwise a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

Cardinals/Ravens/Saints/Bills/Rams/Packers teaser(+6.5)

-7 Bills
+3 Packers
+7.5 Bears
-7.5 Cardinals

Saints +125
Chargers +240

Feeling pretty good about this. The thing about the Bears game is I expected Justin Fields to be decent at least and the Bears defense to handle the rest. The game was never really out of hand for the Bears until the 4th when their defense clearly gave up.

Just need Packers +9.5 to hit a sick teaser.