Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Rosalina quaking in her boots.

I need to lay down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/1356581994948419584

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This scary season I’m going to try and get through alien isolation and prey finally

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its impossible to get through prey. its too tedious and boring to be finished before you decide to play a better game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im gonna play RE3make this spooky season finally. And Dead Rising but idk if dead rising is actually scary.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

its impossible to get through prey. its too tedious and boring to be finished before you decide to play a better game

Yep

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’ll most likely be playing the new Dark Anthology game, House of Ashes, as well as Alan Wake Remastered and Fatal Frame 5. Happy Spooktober, gamers.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Prey is good but overstays its welcome, Mooncrash is better imo.

Going to get re8 this spooky season.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
scary season comin up boys and girls, im going for luigi's mansion 3 and resident evil 8 this year

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

yet another attempt at Silent Hill 2 this year. i'm hype honestly, can't wait to beat the game in 2042 and instantly die of a heart attack.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'll be playing Amnesia Rebirth and the very first Luigi's Mansion for this spooky time.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'll be playing Amnesia Rebirth and the very first Luigi's Mansion for this spooky time.

I had so much fun with LM1 last year, you’re in for a treat

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh yeah gonna do LM3 too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

prey, re2make, and r3make for me. maybe re7 instead of re3

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

I'm going to play Parasite Eve soon. All I know about it is the preview articles I saw in game mags back in the day. The monster lady with the long arms has been burned into my mind ever since, her design really creeped me out back then.

Also going to play Condemned, Re2make, Luigi's Mansion, plus shorter stuff like the Splatterhouse games.

Maybe that Evil Dead re style game that was on the Dreamcast?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Big Bizness posted:

I'm going to play Parasite Eve soon. All I know about it is the preview articles I saw in game mags back in the day. The monster lady with the long arms has been burned into my mind ever since, her design really creeped me out back then.

Also going to play Condemned, Re2make, Luigi's Mansion, plus shorter stuff like the Splatterhouse games.

I think that game was also on psx if that's easier to play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parasite Eve is awesome. super sick cutscenes, unique setting anda cool battle system.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Big Bizness posted:

How are you playing it? It has a disc swap at one point and unlike most games it doesn't have you make a save right before the swap, it just does it live. This part messes up some emulators and I think I heard it's a problem on PS3 too.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I'll be playing the evil within and following up with evil within 2 if I get through it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Jenny Agutter posted:

I'll be playing the evil within and following up with evil within 2 if I get through it

This is my plan too. Maybe with the Dark Pictures games and some Darkest Dungeon as well if I have the time

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

P-Mack posted:

How are you playing it? It has a disc swap at one point and unlike most games it doesn't have you make a save right before the swap, it just does it live. This part messes up some emulators and I think I heard it's a problem on PS3 too.

If you mean Parasite Eve, I have a real copy and can play it on either a PS1 or PS2. It's been sitting in my garage since last year because the copy I got off eBay had dead bugs in the CD case. Talk about immersion lol. I cleaned it out of course but having dealt with bed bugs once in my life I really didn't want to risk that again.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Every year I say I'm going to play X horror game and then I never do so I'm not going to bother declaring a game this year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Every year I say I'm going to play X horror game and then I never do so I'm not going to bother declaring a game this year.

Smart move

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Gonna play Amnesia: Rebirth on the newer wuss mode because I got too scared by the monsters to finish it last year

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got to I think the third extremely long puzzle about refracting light in a completely well lit safe area while reading lore entries about aliens and mashing X to soothe a baby and that was where I decided I wasn't enjoying Amnesia Rebirth much

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

P-Mack posted:

its impossible on PS3, it works on emulators, I just beat it this year including chrysler building

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Big Bizness posted:

If you mean Parasite Eve, I have a real copy and can play it on either a PS1 or PS2. It's been sitting in my garage since last year because the copy I got off eBay had dead bugs in the CD case. Talk about immersion lol. I cleaned it out of course but having dealt with bed bugs once in my life I really didn't want to risk that again.

play it on an emulator if you are planning to go for the true ending, or you are gonna hate yourself

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Kongming posted:

This

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it’s great for the first few hours then extremely whatever in the middle and nosedives super hard at the end

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i will not be playing any scary games

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
here is my scary game for this season I will be playing:

having never played it, it seems like Resident Evil, however check out this plot:

You play as 3 characters - and they can never meet - why? they merge into a combined body horror because they were infected by the ghosts of mars and ghost magnetism. you are dealing with Thing-esque stuff that wants to just join all flesh in the universe together

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I watched supergreatfriend's lp of that game and it was ambitious but seemed really aggravating to play

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

having never played it, it seems like Resident Evil, however check out this plot:

You play as 3 characters - and they can never meet - why? they merge into a combined body horror because they were infected by the ghosts of mars and ghost magnetism. you are dealing with Thing-esque stuff that wants to just join all flesh in the universe together

This looks wild and the cover art looks like a side on shot of the Mystery of the Druids cover pose

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I watched supergreatfriend's lp of that game and it was ambitious but seemed really aggravating to play

I would take that over what games are 99% of the time now

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Prey 2006 has a fake coast to coast am show actually voiced by Art Bell hidden throughout the game and it honestly was a good motivator to keep playing to hear the next update

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

very cool ps1 vibe.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it’s great for the first few hours then extremely whatever in the middle and nosedives super hard at the end

whoever came up with nightmares should be blasted out of an airlock

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

going to have to check this one out myself

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
One of the cool things about it is almost everything in the game is voice acted, including item descriptions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm gonna play a Fatal Frame