Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Cubone posted:

Dr. King Schultz: Actually, I was thinking of that poor devil you squirted with F.L.U.D.D. today, Rodin from Bayonetta. And I was wondering what Johnson would make of all this.

Sakurai: Come again?

Dr. King Schultz: Lonnie Johnson, he invented the manually pressurized water gun. I figured you must be an admirer, you included a manually pressurized water gun in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. If Lonnie Johnson had been there today, I wonder what he would have made of it?

Sakurai: You doubt he'd approve?

Dr. King Schultz: Yes. His approval would be a dubious proposition at best.

lmfao

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "Letter from a Delfino Jail"

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Martman posted:

cool water

copy
Jul 26, 2007

new metroid soon gettin hype for that and rewatching trailers and such

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOvefm5U250

really excited to see how it feels in play with how fluid/mobile the controls look now

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

smh at spoiling a new Metroid game for yourself by viewing all the trailers and videos showcasing everything new about it instead of contentedly living with the knowledge that it’s coming out and you’re going to play it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What’s the better way to experience Metroid 2, the 3DS version or AM2R? I replayed the GB version last year and have been endlessly curious about those two.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

can't decide whether i'm going to wait until i've finished yakuza 5 to play the new metroid. i may take a break from it in october, depending on where i am.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

NienNunb posted:

What’s the better way to experience Metroid 2, the 3DS version or AM2R? I replayed the GB version last year and have been endlessly curious about those two.

The 3DS one is ugly as sin but it's good imo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

NienNunb posted:

am2r wasn't developed by the 3d castlevania people or have cinematic counter moves. total fail!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the best way to play metroid is to play hallow knight :smugbird:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

NienNunb posted:

probably am2r it's basically zero mission for metroid 2 including the gba mechanics + aesthetics. the 3ds one is pretty different. it's good in a lot of ways but it sort of sucks rear end (fighting the same boss 500 times which you have to chase from room to room multiple times each fight)

mysterious loyall X posted:

the best way to play metroid is to play hallow knight :smugbird:

this.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

logically, zero mission but for metroid 2 would be called one mission.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Halo Knight

copy
Jul 26, 2007

b_d posted:

its true. its very true

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

Iiiiiiiit's been

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Iiiiiiiit's been

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Iiiiiiiit's been

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

NienNunb posted:

they're both good choices imo. AM2R is a more faithful remake while the 3DS version does its own thing and makes several additions and changes to the story and is probably the better option if you are getting ready for Dread.

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 20, 2021

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
zero mission rules

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I personally prefer AM2R, it captures the spirit of the original better and also has more varied and interesting level design
only thing is that the metroids are pretty annoying to fight. both remakes of 2 have their own flavors of obnoxious boss fights.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i liked am2r a lot more but yeah samus returns was also good and is probably closer to what dread will be

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I did find the metroid boss fights in am2r offputtingly bad, but everything else about the game is fantastic. really you should just play both if you have the time, neither is particularly long and they're both pretty good games with their own merits

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
respsct to old metroid 2 heads who remember activating spider ball and bombing every wall and ceiling tile because you couldnt figure out where to go

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

respsct to old metroid 2 heads who remember activating spider ball and bombing every wall and ceiling tile because you couldnt figure out where to go

Lol it was miserable

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah, i could never finish it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Genuinely could not imagine playing that game or even Metroid 1 without some sort of guide.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Genuinely could not imagine playing that game or even Metroid 1 without some sort of guide.

original metroid was actually sort of fun back in the day. because of how it's set up you can draw your own map.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NienNunb posted:

i played it without a guide after beating fusion and zero mission and just wanting to play more metroid lol. when youre 12 years old youre more tolerant of that kind of opacity. metroid 1 is less tolerable because its super janky and has password saves.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i played it without a guide after beating fusion and zero mission and just wanting to play more metroid lol. when youre 12 years old youre more tolerant of that kind of opacity. metroid 1 is less tolerable because its super janky and has password saves.

oh yeah, i used save states.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

yeah I think when I was young enough I just kinda didn’t care if I wasn’t making progress quickly. just playing a game was enough to make me happy. I’d eventually figure it out through sheer trial and error or get a tip from some other kid or whatever

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Metroid 1 is the worst NES game ever made.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
plus i 100%ed zero mission and fusion so i was used to bombing every tile. i did not 100% metroid 2.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

American McGay posted:

Come on now.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

American McGay posted:

what about this one

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

metroid poo. metroid dreading to have to hear about this turd the nintendo loving dogs need to sniff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

what about this one

the giant head game is cool