Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
Go cry to your mom about your belt opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just wear a barrel and suspenders

For a nickel you can peek in the hole

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

The Bloop posted:

I just wear a barrel and suspenders

For a nickel you can peek in the hole

how much for you to cover the hole?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tip posted:

how much for you to cover the hole?

You can't afford it

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
I broke up with my gf a couple weeks ago and today she sent me pics of her celebrating her friend’s bachelorette party, lol.

I really do care about her tho. But believe it or not (!) I’m kinda a mess. Been married been divorced. Tried to learn. Decided to just tell her I’m a mess and we gotta chill. Not fair to her to keep pretending otherwise

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

its_my_birthday posted:

I broke up with my gf a couple weeks ago and today she sent me pics of her celebrating her friend’s bachelorette party, lol.

I really do care about her tho. But believe it or not (!) I’m kinda a mess. Been married been divorced. Tried to learn. Decided to just tell her I’m a mess and we gotta chill. Not fair to her to keep pretending otherwise

Everyone is a mess, the best we can do is to develop specific coping strategies for the specific kinds of messes that we are.

For instance, as a snake man, I find the only thing that allows me to relax is to curse Japanese people, turning them into monstrous demons.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I've always wanted to get into cursing Japanese people but it just seems so awkward starting out as a beginner

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
She knew what she was doing sending me pics of her and her friends in skimpy outfits. And im over my divorce that was around 5 years ago. I’m just kinda a mess in terms of day to day responsibilities lol. I’m a bare minimum of type of person and didn’t snap out of it like I thought I would have by now.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

its_my_birthday posted:

She knew what she was doing sending me pics of her and her friends in skimpy outfits. And im over my divorce that was around 5 years ago. I’m just kinda a mess in terms of day to day responsibilities lol. I’m a bare minimum of type of person and didn’t snap out of it like I thought I would have by now.

I used to be like that as well. Then I leaned to enjoy making a to-do list on a little spiral notebook, and crossing stuff off.

At first I put every little thing on there, like doing the dishes or cleaning the litter box. That way I got good feels from doing a bunch of easy little stuff, and momentum ensued.

The downside is that I have now habituated my to do list, and get antsy if I’m not crossing stuff off.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
I’m a different person during the 4-5 days a week I have my daughter than the other 2-3 days a week she’s with her mom. We have 50/50 custody but no set formal days or anything. I have my daughter more often than not cause I love it. But I get hosed up too much when I don’t have her

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I used to be like that as well. Then I leaned to enjoy making a to-do list on a little spiral notebook, and crossing stuff off.

At first I put every little thing on there, like doing the dishes or cleaning the litter box. That way I got good feels from doing a bunch of easy little stuff, and momentum ensued.

The downside is that I have now habituated my to do list, and get antsy if I’m not crossing stuff off.

Thanks for taking the time to reply with this. I hope it’s not too dorky if I copy you

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

don't fall into prof crocodile's trap, they're horrifically addicted to the lists, adding items like "cross item off to do list" just to feel something, anything

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Everything changed when I learned that I could just put ‘shitpost’ on my to-do list over and over.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

its_my_birthday posted:

Y’all get home and undo your belt when you’re sitting on the couch so ur belt can relax a lil like that’s not just a fat person thing right

I stylishly whip my belt off and sling it right onto the storage hook in one smooooooooth motion.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

goddamn it my left ear is straight plugged with wax

I've poured all kinds of concoctions into my ear canal and excavated it with these weird steel tools my mom gave me but this last little bit won't go and it's driving me loving insane

I'm half deaf :cry:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Tip posted:

I've poured all kinds of concoctions into my ear canal and excavated it with these weird steel tools my mom gave me but this last little bit won't go and it's driving me loving insane

I think it is Japanese culture to submerge your head into a tank that has loaches in it and it cleans out their ears or something.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Tip posted:

you sealed the earwig in with the concotions of course you cant hear

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
NFL execs: “we don’t know” *commercial* “why” *commercial* “people” *commercial* “aren’t watching” *commercial*

Surely it can’t have anything to do with commercials every 2 minutes and the fact people literally have little TVs in their pocket that they’d rather watch instead…since, get this, there’s not a commercial every 2 minutes.

Nah that can’t be it. Can’t wait for more articles about sports losing viewers from writers who either are disingenuously naive or have never watched a game.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

its_my_birthday posted:

I’m a different person during the 4-5 days a week I have my daughter than the other 2-3 days a week she’s with her mom. We have 50/50 custody but no set formal days or anything. I have my daughter more often than not cause I love it. But I get hosed up too much when I don’t have her

Bro, brohiem, brofistah, brohimian rhapsody, fuckin real talk right now.
*turns chair around, sits in it backwards*

Everyone is trying to be happy, even people that think they are not. Its fuckin animal nature, we are driven to "succeed" at things, whether that is getting food, procreating, whatever. It is accomplishing a goal, primal or not, that can bring varying degrees of joy.

The bottom line is we are trying to get to be happy, we sometimes get locked up in the process of trying to get there. We lose sight of that, imho.

Who the gently caress cares if you're a mess, it doesn't seem like your girlfriend cares. Did you ever just tell her 'I'm a fuckin mess and if you're cool with that than I'm cool with that'? Certainly your daughter doesn't care, you're something special to her, your faults mean nothing to her. Otherwise she would not want to spend time with you.

Give yourself a break man, understand you have faults like every other fuckin person on the planet but don't let those faults fully define who you are.

Be happy in your life and enjoy it. like your belt, you deserve it.

Disclaimer: I am not a therapist

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Lol. the rapist

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Theres always tuggin'

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Theres always tuggin'

Derpies fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 25, 2021

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Prof. Crocodile posted:

For instance, as a snake man, I find the only thing that allows me to relax is to curse Japanese people, turning them into monstrous demons.

SNAKE MAN!!!!! :argh:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Is it really a curse if I like it?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Is it really a curse if I like it?

This is dumb, please disregard

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This is dumb, please disregard

i shall not

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I have come to realize I am an extremely lazy person, just fyi

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i've been writing down everyones psts in a little book and when we get to page 1000 then it will be time ....for judgement

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

sebmojo posted:

i've been writing down everyones psts in a little book and when we get to page 1000 then it will be time ....for judgement

when you get to your sketch of revin's rear end you'll get distracted and never get back to the rest

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

sebmojo posted:

Black coat and sunglasses judgement, or ice cream and pinata judgement? If you're looking for feedback, I would prefer judgement that is not going to burn me alive or make my skeleton disappear or something like that, thanks in advance

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sebmojo posted:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I don't want to work tomorrow :(
I'd rather go for a canoe ride or hang out with the cat on the couch.

Btw, did we ever get an answer if couches is one of the things that can be stored on a porch with the broth?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

sebmojo posted:

This seems like a good time to officially declare that I do NOT consent to having my posts read in foreign accents. And I ESPECIALLY do not consent to them being written down in foreign accents :dogstare::stare::catstare::staredog:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't have to work tomorrow

...... Because I got summoned to jury duty

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I don't want to work tomorrow :(
I'd rather go for a canoe ride or hang out with the cat on the couch.

Btw, did we ever get an answer if couches is one of the things that can be stored on a porch with the broth?

my sister used to sleep on a couch on our back porch pretty regularly until we pulled the cushions off and found a dead rat in it lol

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Why you little, why I oughta hey you kid come back here

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Bloop posted:

It's your duty to acquit. :hai:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Literally A Person posted:

It's your duty to acquit. :hai:

Shhhhhhh I can't do a jury nullification before I'm actually selected

It's my moral duty to lie in voir dire. Yes, cops are heroes not rear end in a top hat garbage pigs at all. Yes, I'm fine with the death penalty. No, I don't have any friends that use drugs.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

Mentioning Jury nullification will get you excused pretty quickly normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Tip posted:

my sister used to sleep on a couch on our back porch pretty regularly until we pulled the cushions off and found a dead rat in it lol

I mean, it wasn't bothering her, right? She wasn't like The Princess And The Pea (dead rat in this case). jk

How about a hammock? Dead rat cant hide if there are no cushions
I cant get into them because I like to sleep on my side, but I hear people enjoy a good hammocking now and again...