Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Might even be more fun to add a mode where you play the Terminator(s) and have to chase your targets, using all your scanning poo poo or whatever to track them down.

Telltale style game where you have dialog choices. So you can manually choose gently caress YOU rear end in a top hat for every conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Telltale style game where you have dialog choices. So you can manually choose gently caress YOU rear end in a top hat for every conversation

John Connor will remember that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Theotus posted:

John Connor will remember that.

Best part about it is that it will have no actual effect on gameplay, just at some point John Connor will say something like "who's the rear end in a top hat now?" instead of something less aggressive.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I think I’m coming around on this Fireteam game. It’s actually cured me of my lifelong fear of xenos, ever since my dad let me watch Aliens way too young. Only took killing 56,000 of them.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

The reviews on Steam are very positive. :shrug:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954740/Terminator_Resistance/

Like it’s not perfect and it’s definitely a “budget” title, but I still had a real good time with it and it was a lot better than I expected.

Civvie-11 has a great review video for it.

https://youtu.be/deVEpyXTIGg

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Splicer posted:

The drool :allears: quality work, clearly someone thinking a lot about aliens

e: oh hell yes there's acid floor

:krad:

I've got that Lego kit, got it from Chinese knock-off shop. Fun build, but it's a pain to pose since the ankles are loose.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Xenomrph posted:

The reviews on Steam are very positive. :shrug:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954740/Terminator_Resistance/

Like it’s not perfect and it’s definitely a “budget” title, but I still had a real good time with it and it was a lot better than I expected.
Would you recommend it to someone with extremely low tolerance for janky, intrusive crafting mechanics?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Splicer posted:

Would you recommend it to someone with extremely low tolerance for janky, intrusive crafting mechanics?

Yes, absolutely :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Xenomrph posted:

Yes, absolutely :colbert:
Hmm. Well you steered me right on fireteam.

Also, more like Terminatr

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got Terminator Resistance maybe a year ago and played it just for maybe an hour. I wasn't a huge fan. I should try it again and play more.

It was a bit scary though. Just knowing those terminators are out there.

I'm also a giant pussy though as the goons who played AvP 2010 with me know.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, tell that to the guy who downloaded Alien: Isolation but is still too much of a scaredy cat to even launch it for the first time.

We are the chickenshit outfit.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

edogawa rando posted:

Yeah, tell that to the guy who downloaded Alien: Isolation but is still too much of a scaredy cat to even launch it for the first time.

:hfive:

I own Isolation but only played it for a little while. Not even seeing the alien or Joes. I watched it for a while on twitch while lying in my bed at night and that was enough for me.

edogawa rando posted:

We are the chickenshit outfit.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Xenomrph posted:

I’d have to check but off the top of my head I remember endoskeletons dressed up as cops and crossing guards.

The NOW Comics run was wild; it started out all over the place and generally lovely, but then it did a story about the mission to send Kyle Reese back in time that was surprisingly great, and then they did ‘Terminator: The Burning Earth’ which was totally fantastic. The art was incredible, largely because it was the first comic book artwork by one Alexander Ross.

I read those two years ago.

Been so many different styles of Terminator stories. Any time a new movie came out things changed.

We even got a terminator dog in one.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
A doginator? Nice.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got Terminator Resistance maybe a year ago and played it just for maybe an hour. I wasn't a huge fan. I should try it again and play more.

It was a bit scary though. Just knowing those terminators are out there.

I'm also a giant pussy though as the goons who played AvP 2010 with me know.

I wanted to like it but I couldn't get past the lovely va and the shooting felt bad I think, memory is hazy. It definitely felt budget, but they for sure nailed the aesthetics of it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

chainchompz posted:

A doginator? Nice.

One unique moment in one of the Terminator comics is what happens when three terminators have no more purpose. What do they do? Live like a human?

Nope!

One walks off into the water and the other two decide to follow. At the end all three are standing near a pier as their human skin degrades underwater

That's it, that's how they end by choice.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I wanted to like it but I couldn't get past the lovely va and the shooting felt bad I think, memory is hazy. It definitely felt budget, but they for sure nailed the aesthetics of it.

Yeah I really felt a "Terminator" vibe which was great. They even had the music which is 100% necessary. Just a great feeling. You're right about it feeling budget though. I still need to give it another chance but I don't have a lot of patience for games anymore. I'm old and want my instant gratification.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I was unfortunate enough to buy the incredibly lovely 1991 Terminator 2: Judgement Day game for PC. Graphics looked impressive on the box art. But it was both incredibly boring garbage andtoo short. This is a longplay of the game. I know the video is under 12 minutes long, but that was the entire game. All of it. And this video contains a false start, the completion run of the ENTIRE game is from 3 minutes to 11 minutes. That's it, 8 minutes of gameplay total, in almost complete silence apart from a couple of sound effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST7_WqSlQJI

I spent actual money on that pile of poo poo. It's been 30 years and I'm still salty. I defy anyone to watch that 8 minutes of gameplay and find any joy in it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Civvie-11 has a great review video for it.

https://youtu.be/deVEpyXTIGg

Man… this looks super cool.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah I really felt a "Terminator" vibe which was great. They even had the music which is 100% necessary. Just a great feeling. You're right about it feeling budget though. I still need to give it another chance but I don't have a lot of patience for games anymore. I'm old and want my instant gratification.

Yea that was my reasoning for dropping it really, too much other top-tier stuff I could be playing. Forgot about the music though! That was also really good.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The same team is making a Robocop game, given how much Terminator owned it'll be good.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Terminator Resistance was a budget title with corresponding production values but it really came through that the devs were huge fans of the movies and IP. It was nowhere near perfect but it was a labor of love that I enjoyed all the way through.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Anyone up for some Alien Fireteam? I'm on PC. What was the discord?

EDIT: added a bunch of you on Steam. Thanks for the game Xeno!

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 22, 2021

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
UGGGGH. New Marvel Alien comic. New story arc. Same artist.

The premise this time is that it takes place on a planet where a bunch of luddites are about to shutdown terraforming equipment as part of a colony settlement deal. Suddenly the last scheduled cargo ship crashes into their holy garden! Then Aliens start to happen.

So this cargo ship manages to hit atmosphere with, according to one character, "their heat shields down," and crashes like it was an airplane into the ground. Despite a mostly unguided, orbital crash, the contents of the ship are protected such that a woman in her underwear can run out of a relatively intact xeno nest to grab the protagonist (who is questioning the luddite business because she has a terminal illness science can cure) and burst an alien.

Followed by this panel to really hammer home we have Aliens.

Look at it's legs! Look at them!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Do not talk to me or my son again!

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Iron Crowned posted:

Do not talk to me or my son again!

lmao

It's like an optical illusion

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

You forgot to add the part where the chest burster may have imprinted on the sick protagonist.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You all missed the most important thing, the greatest of things in fact.

SPACE MOOSE

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

The Last Call posted:

You all missed the most important thing, the greatest of things in fact.

SPACE MOOSE

I, no poo poo, forgot about the space moose and it's only been a few hours since I read this.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

zenguitarman posted:

lmao

It's like an optical illusion

Just look at this multi-perspective stock photo collage tracing poo poo-- it's baffling that Larocca still gets work with major imprints. I'm the dead-eyed lady on the left with the miscolored hand belonging to the dude in front of her

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Just look at this multi-perspective stock photo collage tracing poo poo-- it's baffling that Larocca still gets work with major imprints. I'm the dead-eyed lady on the left with the miscolored hand belonging to the dude in front of her

Jesus christ

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Doing some laundry, and found both my Aliens (the movie) related T-shirts were both clean at the same time for once.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

^^ haha nice

Man I tried out the "I Made a Bad Call" challenge card on Fireteam last night. It disables all weapons and gear, so all you have is a pistol. No turrets or class powers or anything. Only just made it through by the skin of my teeth, even on the easiest difficulty - I had to run from the drone and dive into the elevator. The challenge cards are a nice way to mix things up.

Gonna play for a bit now if anyone wants to join - friend code on steam is 77826282.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Predator: Hunting Grounds is half off on Steam right now. I just picked it up.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1556200/Predator_Hunting_Grounds/

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So did I!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Has a date been set for Season 2 or other forms of more maps or game modes?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

For Fireteam? Not to my knowledge.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Season 2?

What happened to Mission discs and Expansion packs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER