Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Accountabillibubblebuddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Steve Yun posted:

I’m not clear on what’s going on here, are people pretending to donate food to the hospital? Or are they donating food instead of money against the hospital’s request?

the only "support" management suggests it donating to their hospital's "support fund" and instead of home-cooked meals by concerned people, management coordinates cold cuts with small business tyrants for online clout

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Raine posted:

when i originally bookmarked the worldometer tracker it saved the cases and deaths at that time

let's see what it is now

:dudsmile:
4.7m deaths is also an insane undercount. a really staggering number of people have died from this pandemic.

it's also going to get much higher, and other ongoing systemic failures is going to dwarf even that. what a great future we have. it's looking bright!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Stereotype posted:

why is everyone so against the vaccine?? why is this political!?

getting vaccinated is gay, also im a petulant baby that doesnt like being told what to do

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Welp, my (mostly crack-pinged at this point) housemate just found out her mother (who has been "thinking about" getting vaccinated) has had COVID for almost a week, and is now finding it rather difficult to breathe. In Alabama.

:rip:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blatman posted:

i'll trade you, I keep getting increasingly elaborate "oh god i'm unconscious and on a vent and going to die if I don't wake up, I have to wake up quick!" nightmares where i'm trapped in a horrifying, actively decaying silent hill version of my apartment where no matter what I do I can't get the front door to stay closed but maybe if I shoulder slam the door hard enough I can keep the grim spectre of death out of my living room long enough to figure out how to wake myself up

then I wake up into a barely-waking sleep paralysis nightmare until my alarm goes off

wiggle your toes to wake up

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I've been journaling really regularly for about 6 years and since covid started, I write the latest totals up at the top of every journal page. Lets see where we were exactly 1 year ago

World wide
Infected - 30,906,084
Dead - 959,630

USA
Infected - 6,958,427
Dead - 203,679

lmao. lol.

Having this written down and being able to easily look back on it with my daily thoughts is incredible for mental health, in a really positive way. It helps me remember that things are really loving bad despite what the news is trying to sell us and im not crazy.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 21, 2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Petey posted:

thank you rubby for my new waxed and vaxxed avatar
lol it needs to keep getting updated with more needles when you get jab #4, #5, #6, etc

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Kreeblah posted:

Welp, my (mostly crack-pinged at this point) housemate just found out her mother (who has been "thinking about" getting vaccinated) has had COVID for almost a week, and is now finding it rather difficult to breathe. In Alabama.

haha oops! her mom might die

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

it's a really good analogy. i don't think most people realize how much they write off as magic and don't understand. there's all these people questioning the science about the vaccine, complaining that they don't understand it, and doing so on a phone that they understand literally nothing about. people don't know how cars work, or how planes stay in the air, or how a refrigerator makes things cold, or how anything with electricity functions. everything is just magic to them, it works because it does, there are no underlying unseen mechanisms to understand, just the reality that they can physically manipulate. if everything else is magic, then maybe the magic will also extend to things like covid.

Praise the Omnissiah

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gimme da juice

Serf
May 5, 2011

Stereotype posted:

it's a really good analogy. i don't think most people realize how much they write off as magic and don't understand. there's all these people questioning the science about the vaccine, complaining that they don't understand it, and doing so on a phone that they understand literally nothing about. people don't know how cars work, or how planes stay in the air, or how a refrigerator makes things cold, or how anything with electricity functions. everything is just magic to them, it works because it does, there are no underlying unseen mechanisms to understand, just the reality that they can physically manipulate. if everything else is magic, then maybe the magic will also extend to things like covid.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

kreeningsons posted:

Size large BOTN KF94 have been recommended for large faces if you go the disposable route. Order from https://behealthyusa.net/, they are the official US distributor. Officially you're supposed to use it once and throw it away when you take it off. But some independent testing suggested they are good for about 40 hours of use each without reducing the filtration effectiveness below the nominal, which is what I do.
BOTN KF94 this is my go-to when i'm not using my secure click respirator
can wear them while exercising, all day outside, etc.
one mask generally lasts me about 3-6 weeks depending on use
also on behealthyusa.net it's better to buy through their promos, they'll have buy 100 packs (in 10 sets of 10) for vastly cheaper than if you were to just load your cart with 100 masks

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Kreeblah posted:

Tell your housemate there are strange internet people sending good vibes to her mom, Hope she doesn't get intube-doomed.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
it has to be about 15 million

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

holy poo poo these numbers for a monday
lmao

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Reverse reverse psychology. Who knows if it’ll work but it’s worth trying anything to get the chuds vaccinated

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 21, 2021

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Another highly requested feature for COVID SIMULATOR was more of a schedule for the little characters. This turned out to be a LOT easier than I expected. Currently they're assigned a "room" and then they seek out work stations in that room. Now, I assign 24 hours of "rooms", and they seek out a station in whatever room matches the current hour. Assign a "lunch room" at 12, and voila... they chill at the lunch rooms and spread covid :D

I'm going to try to update every weekend. If you want to try the last stable version, its free at https://coldrice.itch.io/covid-simulator

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

im glad somebody gets it, honestly this is the angle that would work better than additional impotent tweets to go get vaccinated because its what biden wants you to do

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

meet girls at the store posted:

My partner Max Titered over the weekend and then decided to get the flu shot this morning at work, and now he is completely hosed up on flu-like side effects from both shots :laffo:
lmao gently caress yeah ride the double wave

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
got an eye doctor appointment in a few days and i think im gonna slide in to get my flu shot at the same time hopefully.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So as soon as American hospitalizations fall under 90k they start raising again. Totally sustainable lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

meet girls at the store posted:

My partner Max Titered over the weekend and then decided to get the flu shot this morning at work, and now he is completely hosed up on flu-like side effects from both shots :laffo:

Tzen posted:

lmao gently caress yeah ride the double wave

Ride the flume

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

anyone who is so filled with pride that they deliberately don't get vaccinated while also believing it works just because their "enemy" says they should, and their instinct is to oppose, then they (the individual) deserves what happens.

when I'm going about my life I never stop and think "huh, I wonder how a trump supporter would feel about this" so I can act like I feel differently

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Coldrice posted:

Another highly requested feature for COVID SIMULATOR was more of a schedule for the little characters. This turned out to be a LOT easier than I expected. Currently they're assigned a "room" and then they seek out work stations in that room. Now, I assign 24 hours of "rooms", and they seek out a station in whatever room matches the current hour. Assign a "lunch room" at 12, and voila... they chill at the lunch rooms and spread covid :D

I'm going to try to update every weekend. If you want to try the last stable version, its free at https://coldrice.itch.io/covid-simulator

You rock, keep it up!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Tell your housemate there are strange internet people sending good vibes to her mom, Hope she doesn't get intube-doomed.

Honestly, right now I'm mostly worried about her mother being able to get a spot in the hospital in the first place if she finally decides to go. Alabama's one of the states where they're already overfull.

But, thanks. I'll pass along the well wishes. :shobon:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

guys I think my brain is out of empathy or Care

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Throatwarbler posted:

I posted this before and this thread moves too fast so here it is again:

My inlaws in China have not experienced any of these draconian measures, neither has the vast majority of the population. Their town has never had a single case of Covid. They've never been obliged to wear a mask in public. They've never had a lockdown, or the closure of any businesses or public gatherings and they've never worked from home. They don't know anyone who's ever had Covid. They know one person who personally knows of one person who had it and recovered, in some other province. The only way their lives have been touched by the pandemic at all are that they have contact tracing apps on their phone that they sometimes need to use for public gatherings and transport, they got vaccines, with pretty much no side effects (inactivated virus vaccines usually don't have any), and for a period in 2020, schools went virtual - this was a national policy with no exceptions, even in places that don't have a single case, I guess the Chinese just don't care about education the way Americans do.

This is what "draconian measures" look like. The whole loving point of enforcing strict quarantine measures for a small subset of the population that gets infected is so that they don't go on to infect exponentially more people and cause exponentially bigger draconian lockdowns. Like even reading about NZ's "draconian" lockdowns, apparently a lot of their positive cases are from family members of people who test positive? In China just recently a 4 year old child was found to be positive and she was locked in a room immediately and her meals are brought in by healthcare workers in hazmat suits. Why would she be allowed to return to her family, so that they too will become infected and thus require more quarantines? The entire western world, even NZ, apparently forgets how diseases work as soon as you do something draconian like make them stay in a room alone for a week away from their mommies.
:how: impossible !

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Coldrice posted:

Do people take off their masks during lunch, too?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
cold rice can I start telling friends about covid simulator

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/boblatta/status/1438229808983465987

https://twitter.com/JoshCroup/status/1440100906419122176

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Reverse reverse psychology. Who knows if it’ll work but it’s worth trying anything to get the chuds vaccinated

The chuds won't do poo poo, they'll just sputter and croak.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Ride the flume
delta flume indeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMyftvliUgg

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Kreeblah posted:

Do people take off their masks during lunch, too?

Not yet, but thats definitely in the works. Different tasks should give different results in general

Steve Yun posted:

cold rice can I start telling friends about covid simulator

Please do! I have no ability to get the word out really

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

anyone who is so filled with pride that they deliberately don't get vaccinated while also believing it works just because their "enemy" says they should, and their instinct is to oppose, then they (the individual) deserves what happens.

when I'm going about my life I never stop and think "huh, I wonder how a trump supporter would feel about this" so I can act like I feel differently

I'm just not sure what medium-long game plan is for anyone with this plan.

Literally maybe die?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Stereotype posted:

when i was little i used to get severe existential panic attacks and the only thing that calmed me down was late night talk shows, because i figured, even though i lacked the ability to comprehend what existence even is, certainly the funny talk show host and his funny guest must have things figured out a bit, so some day i will too

well, i was wrong

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Will he learn?

No

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Steve Yun posted:

Lmao at Howard Stern being a democrat. Give me a break, these idiots have no ducking idea what they’re talking about or a consistent story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Coldrice posted:

Not yet, but thats definitely in the works. Different tasks should give different results in general

Please do! I have no ability to get the word out really

Good job on your game Coldrice