Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://twitter.com/720gou/status/1435095856923897857

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's a good comic. Big fan.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

also doublepost because this is important
i don't know if any of you remember but i posted a link to a short manga that had followed the characters throughout their entire life

well, there's been a few follow-ups posted and it's even more powerful!

Just making sure that something so blessed doesn't get lost at the end of the last page.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hero-san and Former General-san has been getting updates again.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibblebibble posted:

nice

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ibblebibble posted:

I read the concept of this and thought "Oh this is gonna be a cute gag manga" and it is but it's also just an actually good toku story in stretches.

Like if they just let Anhk and Eiji smooch.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I read the concept of this and thought "Oh this is gonna be a cute gag manga" and it is but it's also just an actually good toku story in stretches.

Like if they just let Anhk and Eiji smooch.

It's also got an official translation as Superwomen in Love, although it's still a little bit behind the scanlations for now.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Do you kiss on the first date?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Rec'ing this old(?) oneshot I just learned about, The Fourth Heroine.

https://mangakakalot.com/chapter/db917621/chapter_1

quote:

A character intended for a gritty war story mistakenly ends up in a harem comedy manga as the fourth would-be love interest (hence the title), and has no interest in going along with fan service shenanigans or letting herself get "accidentally" groped and just refuses to participate (by doing common sense things like locking the door when the girls are changing or stepping out of the way when the protagonist trips and falls hands-first straight towards her chest). This eventually inspires the third heroine to realize just how much she also dislikes being forced to subject herself to it and how unappealing the protagonist actually is.

Nice little meta thing. You might be able to tell why I'm rec'ing it here. Warning for typical ecchi harem comedy sexual harassment stuff like groping n poo poo.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

THis is v good manga :3:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Also, A Short Story.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The translation of that one is pretty mangled according to the comments

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

skaianDestiny posted:

Rec'ing this old(?) oneshot I just learned about, The Fourth Heroine.

https://mangakakalot.com/chapter/db917621/chapter_1

Nice little meta thing. You might be able to tell why I'm rec'ing it here. Warning for typical ecchi harem comedy sexual harassment stuff like groping n poo poo.

That one is adorable. I would have loved to see more.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

From the creator of Bright and Cheery Amnesia

College setting yuri harem, a rarity of rarities

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Tamamusi is good but I don't especially like harem stuff.
Life truly is suffering.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would love to have multiple wives.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

If this turns out to be polyamory, I'm all for it - but that's not what most harem manga/anime is.
The vast majority of it is "end up picking one partner and maybe possible the other ones find someone to love too, but that's not always the case".

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this feels too self indulgent for that

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

this feels too self indulgent for that
:hmmyes:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Tamamusi is good but I don't especially like harem stuff.
Life truly is suffering.

read that as tiramisu and now I'm hungy

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Reading some Tamamusi while eating tiramisu on the terrace sounds like a good rear end time.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Snooze Cruise posted:

:same:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I had a question on interpreting a character's sexuality: if there's a character who at one point in the story falls for a person of the opposite gender, but ends up not going for him/her, can I still interpret the character as being bisexual if they're very close to a person of the same gender?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Willo567 posted:

I had a question on interpreting a character's sexuality: if there's a character who at one point in the story falls for a person of the opposite gender, but ends up not going for him/her, can I still interpret the character as being bisexual if they're very close to a person of the same gender?
if interpreting a canonically straight character as bi was a crime the entire queer community would be behind bars

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Napstablook22, how do you plead to the charges of , "finnpoe"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
https://mangadex.org/title/1a1032fc-e8f7-425b-aa78-d9072f8de514/majo-no-geboku-to-maou-no-tsuno

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

you can interpret them as gay if you want. whats gonna happen, are the canon cops gonna send jack booted thugs after you?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh thank god, I was worried this was never going to continue. Christ, I forgot this was left on such a big moment.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

:bisonyes:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Oh hell yes!
And fittingly enough, it looks like a new arc is about to begin, after an extremely cute chapter. This new plot development feels a bit like a "whoops, need a new antagonist real quick" situation, but at least it ties in to the whole Vivian plotline.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Willo567 posted:

this happens in ise-san and shima-san as well and it was still very gay and now the artist is on twitter drawing sketches of them nibbling on each other while drunk

i recently rewatch the 1942 Cat People, which is a classic hayes code horror movie about a woman who believes she is cursed to become a panther. its also considered a classic in lesbian subtext, despite the fact the entire run time of the film centers around her relationship with a man and the closest thing she has gay ladying wise is this woman she is stalking and planning to kill. but it is a lesbian film, her condition and otherness is a stand in for being a lesbian, the conversations around marriage read like comphet. her stalking of another woman can also be read as attraction since one of the triggers for her transformations is arousal. there is a scene in a diner where she is even "clock" by another woman from her land as a cat person.

the point im trying to make is like this character doesn't even have a close relationship with a woman and everyone with a brain interprets her as gay, you're probably good.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I am loving overjoyed--and it's even the same excellent scanlation team.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1440782568626917377?s=20

I'll be happy to pick this one up.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm pleased at this quality gay content

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Happy to see it. (I'd buy it but I'm not in the US sadly.)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cheerful Amnesia finished, with a fingerbang.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's :nws: but you should read about The Sales Rep Who Absolutely Won’t Come VS The Researcher Who Absolutely Wants to Make Her Come.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
the NEW lgbt manga/anime thread - I'm sure that even someone with a discerning vagina like you will like this.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

same