Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

This is rad as hell and I don't play tabletop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

D-Pad posted:

This is rad as hell and I don't play tabletop

That white enamel paint gives me Horizon: Zero Dawn vibes. It looks cool but much too clean and sleek for Orcs.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

NihilCredo posted:

That white enamel paint gives me Horizon: Zero Dawn vibes. It looks cool but much too clean and sleek for Orcs.

I rather agree with that. It looks like something the Tau would have made, and probably the thing to do would be to emphasize that these Orks had repurposed Tau wreckage as armor for their Squig, rather than painted everything themselves.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Goff it up with a checkerboard style.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What do Orks do on ork planets. Like half the Galaxy is ork worlds.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 21, 2021

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

euphronius posted:

What do Orks do on ork planets. Like have the Galaxy is ork worlds.

They fite.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Orks make a lot more sense when you realize that violence is sex to them, even down to it being part of their reproductive cycle

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Refer to the historical document Gorkamorka.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

Orks make a lot more sense when you realize that violence is sex to them, even down to it being part of their reproductive cycle

Picture an Ork Waaagh as a literal oiled-up sexual orgy on a galactic scale.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

euphronius posted:

What do Orks do on ork planets. Like half the Galaxy is ork worlds.

Fite each other, build stuff outta scrap and then use said stuff to fight each other, get onto the mekboy's rokkit to find something to fite somewhere else

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
My head cannon is that Vulkan got teleported to an ork planet and has been fighting orks and dying for the past several thousand years.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Ego-bot posted:

My head cannon is that Vulkan got teleported to an ork planet and has been fighting orks and dying for the past several thousand years.

Several thousand years of essentially non stop combat (way way more so than most marines) would probably make him insanely good at combat, beyond normal for a primarch.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

Several thousand years of essentially non stop combat (way way more so than most marines) would probably make him insanely good at combat, beyond normal for a primarch.

But he wouldn't be fighting, he would have brought peace to the warring, sorry, wahhhhhing clans.

Probably why we've not seen him, he's having a chill time with his green mates.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Ego-bot posted:

That's exactly what he is doing when they find him in the Beast Arises series. Just him alone in a the middle of a huge swarm of orks and constantly drawing more.

D-Pad fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 21, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
What book had mention of an Eldar getting in deep poo poo with all the craftworlds cause they said orks are a perfect society that puts the rest of the galaxy to shame?

It was either that or when they said the infinite circuit is just Terras golden throne and astropath choir through different means.

Which now with the whole Ynead stuff makes the emperor's new God form pretty obvious move.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

What book had mention of an Eldar getting in deep poo poo with all the craftworlds cause they said orks are a perfect society that puts the rest of the galaxy to shame?

Uthan the Perverse? AFAIK it was just a quote in a codex, we don't know anything about the character other than his epithet.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are orc worlds even salvageable? Or do you just write them off forever.

Are there orc worlds in the warp or do the orcs not do well in the warp.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There is a Khornate Daemon world that was effectively colonized by the Orks. Tuska Daemonkilla knew where the best fighting was so he drove his Waaagh!!! into the Eye of Terror and landed on the nastiest world he could find. His entire army was killed on the planet, only for them to all he resurrected to fight an endless battle each time because Khorne wants blood and the Orks were more than happy to oblige.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

euphronius posted:

Are orc worlds even salvageable? Or do you just write them off forever.

Just spray some Roundup and you're good to go.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Cyclonic torpedoes get a planet hot enough to kill the Ork ecosystem on it. You can start rebuilding the biosphere in about 300 years.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
You can also do an ork hunt every once in a while, kinda like feral boars or invasive fish

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

You can also do an ork hunt every once in a while, kinda like feral boars or invasive fish

IIRC Valhalla is like that, they fought off their original Ork invasion but are still picking off recurring infestations often enough that fighting Orks has become part of their culture.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Angels of Death was awesome. Glad to see the longer run time too. That void battle was my jam.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

NihilCredo posted:

IIRC Valhalla is like that, they fought off their original Ork invasion but are still picking off recurring infestations often enough that fighting Orks has become part of their culture.

The Valhallans mine through their ice world for resources and more living space, and regularly dig out frozen orks that are ready to fight once they're out of the ice.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

NihilCredo posted:

Armageddon too

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Serpentis posted:

Oh the Blood Ravens are notorious in memes for that (and there are a few select shady “acquisitions” in canon which are the basis of the memes), but Trayzn the Infinite is comparatively that level of thief/liberator/collector in canon, never mind the memes. He has a whole planet-stasis-vault affair of things he’s “collected”, I think, though I don’t recall the name.

Blood Ravens collect artifacts.
Trazyn the Infinite collects Blood Ravens.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

The next tier of that meme holds that - since GW didn't want to outright confirm that the Blood Ravens are Thousand Sons stock - their real primarch is in fact Trazyn.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

D-Pad posted:

Angels of Death was awesome. Glad to see the longer run time too. That void battle was my jam.

Yeah, todays episode was insane. I always wondered what huge rear end 'Nids looked like and gently caress me sideways. I'd nope out of there in a heartbeat.

gently caress. So good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Penitent spoilers

Is Beta a legit inquisitor at the end ? I think yes. She has a rosette and was promoted. Unless I am misremembering

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I think the Dark Crusade game had some lore about feral orks hanging out in the jungle and occasionally the Tau would go in to kill whichever Ork was getting too big to keep them fighting among themselves, or effectively drone striking any Mek Boyz that turn up to prevent them from getting too technically capable. It's not until Gorgutz "Ead 'Unter shows up that they become a real issue, and that's only because he was drawn to the equivalent of Super Smash Bros. playing out on the planet with all the races and factions going to town.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Penitent spoilers

Is Beta a legit inquisitor at the end ? I think yes. She has a rosette and was promoted. Unless I am misremembering

I think she is just an Interrogator/Acolyte. They get a rosette as well like a deputy type situation. I'm not sure you can go from nothing to Inquisitor without an apprenticeship under a full Inquisitor first

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

D-Pad posted:

Iv been getting kind of down on Angels of Death but this episode was great. I always been into the huge dumb gothic space battles in my warhammer books, and this really hit the spot. I want to read hundreds of pages of poorly written fleet fights. Hell yeah. Bring back Battlefleet Gothic.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Want to join in on the praise of this latest episode of Angels of Death.

Orpheo was an absolute badass, but it's Livia who continues to stand out anytime she's on screen.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Moose-Alini posted:

Iv been getting kind of down on Angels of Death but this episode was great. I always been into the huge dumb gothic space battles in my warhammer books, and this really hit the spot. I want to read hundreds of pages of poorly written fleet fights. Hell yeah. Bring back Battlefleet Gothic.

You've probably read it but The Solar War has some of the best fleet battles in BL fiction IMO.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

About to embark on my Horus Heresy readthrough (well, 50/50 between that and my Discworld read/reread, I've read about a quarter to third of the latter but never in proper order). I know Battle for the Abyss is commonly regarded as "you miss literally nothing by skipping this and gain nothing by reading it"; anything else in the series that should be regarded the same way?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

D-Pad posted:

You've probably read it but The Solar War has some of the best fleet battles in BL fiction IMO.

It's still my favorite of the Siege of Terra books. Chaos fleets battling their way to Terra was amazing.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

SkyeAuroline posted:

About to embark on my Horus Heresy readthrough (well, 50/50 between that and my Discworld read/reread, I've read about a quarter to third of the latter but never in proper order). I know Battle for the Abyss is commonly regarded as "you miss literally nothing by skipping this and gain nothing by reading it"; anything else in the series that should be regarded the same way?

Nemesis, The Outcast Dead, Damnation of Pythos

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Zuh? Nemesis while it's not top tier, it's regarded as one of the better reads in the series. It's one to look forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Philthy posted:

Zuh? Nemesis while it's not top tier, it's regarded as one of the better reads in the series. It's one to look forward to.

Unironically this.

:smuggo: