Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Best of luck man. Wanna try ur brus

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(
BRB just checking if we use TTEC in the US, because it sounds familiar :thunk:

Edit: looks like we used to, well I never

NumptyScrub fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 20, 2021

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
starting a new job today in order 2 post ITT

:haibrow:

NumptyScrub

Areola Grande posted:

Don't forget the monies, jobs are also for monies as well as posting ITT rights :haibrower:

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy

Escape From Noise posted:

Overall, it's not a big deal and they do go to me for answers on what to do and I do get to make decisions so far as SOPs and all that stuff is concerned. Just been kind of a weird situation lately. But getting paid to do nothing isn't so bad.

your job sounds like it will be cool when you start doing it, i hope your brews brew up real brewy

NumptyScrub posted:

Don't forget the monies, jobs are also for monies as well as posting ITT rights :haibrower:

wait, you guys get MONEY for working???

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

xcheopis

empty whippet box posted:

Well, looks as if someone failed to negotiate salary when they were sent the job offer!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Escape From Noise

your job sounds like it will be cool when you start doing it, i hope your brews brew up real brewy

Yeah, I think it'll be a pretty decent deal. Getting things started is usually a big pain. Just a lot of learning how to do things better if, god forbid, I should ever start my own place.

Sometimes you don't even have to work for it! (It has been a really weird couple of years for me. )

Lock

not much, if it makes you feel better friend

cruft

It's pretty common for new breweries to do a sorta soft open/release with a few basic styles before ramping up to more experimental/complex ones for their "grand opening" or whatever.

It's pretty common in any field to to some test runs before you go do some big public stunt. The British were famous for doing crazy poo poo like arctic expeditions without preparing, and everybody else thought they were idiots.

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

It's pretty common in any field to to some test runs before you go do some big public stunt. The British were famous for doing crazy poo poo like arctic expeditions without preparing, and everybody else thought they were idiots.

To be fair this isn't anything totally insane, but it's a style where I'll be throwing sugar in the boil, so I won't really be able to gauge efficiency very well and I'll have to wait until I do a 100% malt bill. Since things are kind of on a holding pattern I might ask about trying to do a beer or two before the one that they want to get recorded for television. I'll probably be fine. The lockdowns are also making things weird.

cruft

The lockdowns are also making things weird.

Winner: Understatement of the week

idiotsavant

Work has been sorta weird.
This is a chef-owner/sole proprietor kinda operation or an actual brewery/restaurant group thing? Cause lol at chefs who want flashy anything without working the kinks out first

Escape From Noise

idiotsavant posted:

This is a chef-owner/sole proprietor kinda operation or an actual brewery/restaurant group thing? Cause lol at chefs who want flashy anything without working the kinks out first

It's owned by a large restaurant group. It's going to be a while before I even consider working for any owner/sole proprietor kind of business again, and if that's even something I'm considering I'm going to do a lot of homework before I make any kind of decision.

Ass-penny

when I got into the zoom call it was quiet, nobody was saying much, so I said "I bet if the ceo hadn't gotten paid it woulda been fixed by now" and everyone started raking the trainer over the coals and I took my headset off and went to make some eggs and i can still hear 'em goin lol

:perfect:

I hope you get it sorted to get paid soon, but I think you should definitely jump ship ASAP because that email you posted seemed all kinds of messed up.

EFN I hope you get to brewing something soon. I've worked for two different companies that make large scale three dimensional advertising elements, occasionally for billboards but I've also worked on things that ended up in hospitals or on cruise ships. I remember there being days where there wasn't a job in a stage of development that I could work on and yeah, I was just trying to find things to sweep up or organise and you just feel like such a heel, especially if you can see someone doing real work somewhere else. I dunno, I was pretty underpaid at those jobs so I guess I earned some easier dollars than running the rotocasting machine or sanding polyurethane and Bondo.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy

rear end-penny posted:

:perfect:

I hope you get it sorted to get paid soon, but I think you should definitely jump ship ASAP because that email you posted seemed all kinds of messed up.

lol it was a news article, they haven't told us anything at all about why we haven't been paid, nor given us any idea when we will be paid.

----------------

idiotsavant
Depending on your state’s laws you absolutely get extra money for late paychecks so report that poo poo

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
been doing some reading about Utah labor laws.

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title34/Chapter28/34-28-S3.html?v=C34-28-S3_2014040320140513

quote:

(b) An employer shall pay for services rendered during a pay period within 10 days after the close of that pay period.

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title34/Chapter28/34-28-S9.html

quote:

(a) The division may assess against an employer who fails to pay an employee in accordance with this chapter, a penalty of 5% of the unpaid wages owing to the employee which shall be assessed daily until paid for a period not to exceed 20 days.
(b) The division shall:
(i) retain 50% of the money received from a penalty payment under Subsection (2)(a) for the costs of administering this chapter;
(ii) pay all the sums retained under Subsection (2)(b)(i) to the state treasurer; and
(iii) pay the 50% not retained under Subsection (2)(b)(i) to the employee.

The pay period ended on the 10th.

this seems to say that they now owe me 5% of the late wages extra, with 2.5% going to the state.

Guess how tomorrow's training zoom is going to start.

----------------

cruft

Guess how tomorrow's training zoom is going to start.

I have a feeling it's going to end with you eating more eggs.

Ass-penny

lol it was a news article, they haven't told us anything at all about why we haven't been paid, nor given us any idea when we will be paid.

Oh right, well, I can't read or write, sorry bud. I am looking forward to hearing about you getting your money.

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

Oh shoot, good luck at the new gig. Let us know how it is.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
I’m vaguely worried that my company might catch fire while I’m on parental leave:

- Voluntary attrition is spiking, concentrated amongst the customer-facing implementation engineers who have the most direct operational experience with the product.

- Almost all slack messages sent are DMs.

- Projected runway is based on projected revenue from customers who’ve yet to get their hands on the product in any fashion.

- Support gets tickets daily with “my sales rep stopped answering my emails”

- We’ve “pivoted” internally twice in six months

- In just over a year I’ve had three different titles on four different teams.

… the list goes on, but I’m just augmenting my worry over what is probably not that drastic. Yet.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lol uh, it's pretty drastic if you've "pivoted internally" twice in a year. Let alone six months.

Run.

cruft

A second key employee just told me they're leaving.

Gramps

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

I’m vaguely worried that my company might catch fire while I’m on parental leave:

- Voluntary attrition is spiking, concentrated amongst the customer-facing implementation engineers who have the most direct operational experience with the product.

- Almost all slack messages sent are DMs.

- Projected runway is based on projected revenue from customers who’ve yet to get their hands on the product in any fashion.

- Support gets tickets daily with “my sales rep stopped answering my emails”

- We’ve “pivoted” internally twice in six months

- In just over a year I’ve had three different titles on four different teams.

… the list goes on, but I’m just augmenting my worry over what is probably not that drastic. Yet.

I'm through the other side of this bullshit in a huge corporate setting. We got bought several years ago and all this kind of stuff happened over the last 2 years. The company I was originally working for that got bought basically no longer exists now and we're fully absorbed into the S&P 500 company that bought us. I hate it. I'm the only tech support person now, and I have nobody left to escalate things to if customers start reporting bugs and things like that. poo poo's gonna really hit the fan sooner than later I would wager.

They fired what was left of my team last week, now I report to someone who doesn't have any idea what I do, nor does his boss. I'm hoping they just leave me the hell alone, but that's probably a big ask.

Dukes Mayo Clinic

My gtfo shoes are laced.

They pay me juuuuust enough for me to put up with the madness; in spite of it all we do really cool poo poo. Just makes me sad how much better we could be doing… everything.

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
another day, still nobody in my training group paid.

just showed the training group how to send an email which sends a read receipt when it is opened, and the email of the guy who we were told is supposed to know what's going on with this (but who has not communicated with us).

im gonna make some eggs now.

I think my trainer is starting to get annoyed at me. :shrug:

----------------

Lock

another day, still nobody in my training group paid.

just showed the training group how to send an email which sends a read receipt when it is opened, and the email of the guy who we were told is supposed to know what's going on with this (but who has not communicated with us).

im gonna make some eggs now.

I think my trainer is starting to get annoyed at me. :shrug:

eggs sound good right about now

Dukes Mayo Clinic

Gramps posted:

I'm hoping they just leave me the hell alone, but that's probably a big ask.

Stranger things have happened!

Meanwhile we’re placing casual bets on which juggernaut will buy us out for our customer base and the couple dozen lines of code that matter.

cruft

So this UHC thing got me wondering how well ms cruft's clinic could handle a ransomware attack. I'm pretty sure their server is running a version of Windows so old the eclinicalworks people were baffled about why a bugfix release was crashing. It seems like they'd pretty much have to shut down the whole business, I don't think they have enough money to pay a ransom, much less to upgrade things to prevent it from happening a second time.

I've warned them about this but unfortunately the way it works in nobody does anything until it's too late.

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
supposedly the ransomware attack has been resolved and isn't a problem anymore but we can't get into any of our systems, including our timekeeping system (kronos). this is such a fuckin trainwreck honestly. we're in week 4 of training and I'd say maybe 20-30 minutes of training per day happens and much of it is repeats, and some of it is redundant anyway since we don't even expect to use these systems. i was ok with clocking 8 hours a day of doing jack poo poo but posting while I thought I was getting paid for it, but the shitshowiness just seems to be escalating further and further.

----------------

NumptyScrub

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

My gtfo shoes are laced.

They pay me juuuuust enough for me to put up with the madness; in spite of it all we do really cool poo poo. Just makes me sad how much better we could be doing… everything.

Yeah you are basically already on fire based on that last list, time to get ahead of the curve on finding a new cool place to hang out and get paid :sweatdrop:

supposedly the ransomware attack has been resolved and isn't a problem anymore but we can't get into any of our systems, including our timekeeping system (kronos). this is such a fuckin trainwreck honestly. we're in week 4 of training and I'd say maybe 20-30 minutes of training per day happens and much of it is repeats, and some of it is redundant anyway since we don't even expect to use these systems. i was ok with clocking 8 hours a day of doing jack poo poo but posting while I thought I was getting paid for it, but the shitshowiness just seems to be escalating further and further.

If you need some backup on the cash front, I'm happy to referral you on the cash app and maybe slip a couple bucks your way. If this happens I will demand you post some chill stuff in the trashed thread as payment :colbert:

The reason I am saying this is it sounds to me (an IT guy) like they have stuffed their timekeeping app 6 ways to Sunday while fixing this ransomware thingy, and have no idea what to pay anyone any more. It may be some time before you get your owed accruance, happy to help an orb out 'till you get those greens :buddy:

cruft

NumptyScrub posted:

The reason I am saying this is it sounds to me (an IT guy) like they have stuffed their timekeeping app 6 ways to Sunday while fixing this ransomware thingy, and have no idea what to pay anyone any more. It may be some time before you get your owed accruance, happy to help an orb out 'till you get those greens :buddy:

This is my take as well. However, I expect the payroll people will find a way out of it, even if it means ditching the payroll system currently in place (but not working). This is due in no small part to Utah's putative laws on them withholding pay.

Maybe I should invest in some Paychex stock.

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy

NumptyScrub posted:

Yeah you are basically already on fire based on that last list, time to get ahead of the curve on finding a new cool place to hang out and get paid :sweatdrop:

If you need some backup on the cash front, I'm happy to referral you on the cash app and maybe slip a couple bucks your way. If this happens I will demand you post some chill stuff in the trashed thread as payment :colbert:

I've gotten some help cashwise from a couple people which I am insanely thankful for! however, the referral thing is free so hey, why not. my internet bill is going to autodraft in a couple days and will nearly zero us out if I haven't gotten paid by then, but if I have gotten paid by then then it's fine. if it's getting to that point I'll be a-reachin' out. very thankful for the support itt.

the weird thing is that some people - only a few - got paid for the first week of training, but not the second week. something got extremely hosed up somewhere and I wish they'd just tell us what

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 21, 2021

----------------

NumptyScrub

I've gotten some help cashwise from a couple people which I am insanely thankful for! however, the referral thing is free so hey, why not. my internet bill is going to autodraft in a couple days and will nearly zero us out if I haven't gotten paid by then, but if I have gotten paid by then then it's fine. if it's getting to that point I'll be a-reachin' out. very thankful for the support itt.

the weird thing is that some people - only a few - got paid for the first week of training, but not the second week. something got extremely hosed up somewhere and I wish they'd just tell us what

Educated guess on what got extremely stuffed up: the timekeeping database :negative:

Cue entire departments scrabbling to try and rebuild employee work data based on available email transcriptions, informal manager spreadsheets, you name it.

No I don't work for your company, but it would not be the first time I've seen similar... :ughh:

cruft

I was just informed they decided the fiscal year ends next Monday.

This results in next week's scheduled data center move that we've been communicating for the last two months being pushed up to... Right now. Our customers are PISSED.

And so am I!

xcheopis

cruft posted:

I was just informed they decided the fiscal year ends next Monday.

This results in next week's scheduled data center move that we've been communicating for the last two months being pushed up to... Right now. Our customers are PISSED.

And so am I!

What moron ends a fiscal year before the end of the month? That fucks up every single financial statement!

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
someone in my group got a response to a ticket they sent to HR, that said the payment issue would be resolved 'by the end of the week'. I guess that's an update? :sigh:

----------------

Lock

someone in my group got a response to a ticket they sent to HR, that said the payment issue would be resolved 'by the end of the week'. I guess that's an update? :sigh:

let's hope so friend

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
THIS IS SO loving CONFUSING.

So, I had gotten paid thursday a very small amount - nowhere near the correct amount. I couldn't be sure the exact amount because my online banking was hosed(unrelated, but :lol: @ my life). I got that fixed today, and checked the amount. Then my wife, who quit working here to go to her new job that started yesterday, checked her profile where her pay stubs generated - and found that she had gotten paid this exact amount last thursday. It wasn't my pay, it was hers. But she quit long enough ago that we had absolutely no reason to be expecting her to get paid again by them. As far as we knew she had already been paid in full for her last hours! what the gently caress is going on with this place

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lol holy poo poo call the labor board and spam their phone lines forever