Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

I assumed the response tweet here was a joke but I checked that person's feed

what is the 123 years of scientific evidence and how does it square with

oh gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

if it sux...hit da bricks

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I would actually tell people to avoid fast food and get in as a dishie somewhere because if you stick with it they usually teach you how to cook and promote you.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Every fast food franchisee should end up starving under a bridge

Yeah a majority of stories was how bad it is to work in the restaurant industry, long weird hours, abusive customers and piles of work related hazards.

Then people like boomers have the gall to believe the dumb narrative on how people enjoy working / lazy generation not wanting to help out small businesses.

They've made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/BrettKelman/status/1440134938196692999?s=19

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Steve Yun posted:

guys I kept saying nice because I wanted to bring attention to the fact that they called around to 169 hospitals for that guy

Nice

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

empty whippet box posted:

if it sux...hit da bricks

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Holy poo poo. I understand for kids and vulnerable population members, but wtf the purposefully unvaccinated are basically trying to march us all towards death.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
i loving hate joe biden

wrong thread but the point still stands

this dumb poo poo is at the UN telling people that we must end the pandemic lol and they aren't doing enough lmao

Pooky fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 21, 2021

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

more likely is what's already happening in multiple districts where things are just closed because staffing is so bad

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

more likely is what's already happening in multiple districts where things are just closed because staffing is so bad

Yeah no point in a strike if you don't ever want to do the job again, just leave

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/melanie170876/status/1440208224813125634?s=20

I loving hate this country. Libs and chuds are the same.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

WE CRAVE DEATH MANE

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Protecting their base, lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Start murdering old vaccinated people

~ Tennessee

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TheMightyBoops posted:

Holy poo poo. I understand for kids and vulnerable population members, but wtf the purposefully unvaccinated are basically trying to march us all towards death.

They are Ok with burning up all resources and hospital staffing just to meet their amazing worldview (Virus as Liberal Hoax / Just the Flu!)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1440324156696850434?s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

News Flash CSPAM announced decision on Booster shot / gamefaqs speed run over the summer.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Now it doesn't matter for me personally since I'm both Moderna Masterrace and already Max Titers, but what about Moderna? Have they not applied for booster EUA or whatever?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Loucks posted:

All this cord talk makes me want to pull out my old films to lol at the burst discs. I seem to remember that the escaped disc fluid(?) is visible, but that could be constructive since it has been a few years.

Don’t gently caress around with your spines, people. :(

My lower back sucks, and I can't afford physio at the moment. As recently as 2015 I was doing 100km+ bike rides multiple times per summer, now I have aches and soreness develop after just 10km. :smith:

Anyways don't gently caress around with your back in the 18-34 age range cause past that once it gets a little tweaked it snowballs like hell.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Now it doesn't matter for me personally since I'm both Moderna Masterrace and already Max Titers, but what about Moderna? Have they not applied for booster EUA or whatever?

They are a few weeks behind Pfizer since the FDA panel wanted more data for waiting on the science.

Not that speed run crews have to worry about this issue.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Was this discussed already? MMR vindicated (again?):
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1440312093782134785

While the 76% risk reduction in COVID "requiring care" sounds good the CI are very large, but the reduction in symptoms is better established and suggests some actual protective effect. Another shot for the Booster Bandits to snag.

edit: also supports the idea that children might have better COVID outcomes in part due to more recent childhood vaccinations on top of whatever better innate immunity and lower risk of adaptive immune malfunction.

Nocturtle fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 21, 2021

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Thoguh posted:

It does seem like we've been stuck in a holding pattern for a few weeks with poo poo being bad but not really getting better or worse and I'm kind of surprised that seems to be the case. I know some of it is lovely reporting and the national numbers reflecting the overall counts of lots of localized peaks and valleys. But still, we are somehow in a plateau during the month of September.

it was like this fall last year. back to school i expected fountains of blood but it was just a simmer. but then after halloween all hell broke loose again

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Their stock is inconsistent, but the blue band Auras are half that price at Home Depot.

Yeah, I'd imagine they are cheaper elsewhere, but I can't find them anywhere. :shrug:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the M in "Max Titers" stands for MMR

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

They're having supply issues, so they're running a trial using half the dose of the original formula to see how well that works

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nocturtle posted:

While the 76% risk reduction in COVID "requiring care" sounds good the CI are very large, but the reduction in symptoms is better established and suggests some actual protective effect. Another shot for the Booster Bandits to snag.

I did both a MMR and TDAP booster in late 2020.

Ha Ha Yes!

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

lmao

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Everyone gets a Tdap every 5 years or whatever, can't make much of a difference lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nothus posted:

Protecting their base, lol

not exactly. the south is completely hosed. there isn't enough federal production of antibody treatment in total to meet the demands of the south alone. plus you have deliberate bad actors in the south like desantis trying to make money off of the federally supplied antibodies. so the feds are restricting the amount of antibodies going to the south out of necessity.

the south, then, is faced with a terrible truth - no matter how they chop it up there is not enough treatment to go around and a lot more people are going to die. the overwhelming majority of vaccinated people recover without antibody treatments, and the high risk vaccinated group will still have access to the treatment in tennessee. it's a matter of triage at this point.

the rational response would also to be mandating vaccines to try to stop the bleeding, but loving :lol: at any of them actually doing something counter to the established right wing narrative.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nocturtle posted:

edit: also supports the idea that children might have better COVID outcomes in part due to more recent childhood vaccinations on top of whatever better innate immunity and lower risk of adaptive immune malfunction.

Oh! OH!

This is the Brazil trial that was thought to be abandoned a few months ago when their school got defunded

Holy poo poo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

poll plane variant posted:

Everyone gets a Tdap every 5 years or whatever, can't make much of a difference lol

TDAP!!!

*click*

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nocturtle posted:

There's a marked decrease in poor outcomes in pediatric COVID cases after 12 months and they tend to get their first shot of MMR then. There's a whole lot of data that'd need to be sussed out there, but its good to know the kids are getting at least something that helps fight it off.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

it turns out having a strong immune system helps with covid who knew

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Schnorkles posted:

Tuesday has been the big number day for my district since the school year started.

will we hit 90 confirmed cases in a single day today? 100?

for perspective these numbers would be the equivalent of 300+ cases per 100k, 50% higher than the worst county in Tennessee (Scott Co)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

kalensc posted:

My lower back sucks, and I can't afford physio at the moment. As recently as 2015 I was doing 100km+ bike rides multiple times per summer, now I have aches and soreness develop after just 10km. :smith:

Anyways don't gently caress around with your back in the 18-34 age range cause past that once it gets a little tweaked it snowballs like hell.

I've got congenital spinal stenosis and need a laminectomy at some point, I started cycling seriously last year and all of my back pain and sciatica went away.

In 2018 I had a hard time walking three blocks

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

it was like this fall last year. back to school i expected fountains of blood but it was just a simmer. but then after halloween all hell broke loose again

The Halloween stuff was the fallout from back-to-school

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

McNugget Buddy posted:

They're having supply issues, so they're running a trial using half the dose of the original formula to see how well that works

Ah, yes, I recall that from the other day.
Half a dose of Moderna is still more than a full Pfizer dose, though, isn't it? I thought Moderna was like 4x or something compared to Pfizer, which would mean even a half-dose is still twice as much slutjuice as Pfizer.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

poll plane variant posted:

Most people tend to skip medical care basics like the booster shot schedule.

Also it's not surprising the MMR/TDAP mainly provides benefits against hospitalization since it mainly boosts up the T-cell immune response.

The vaccine induced prevention of infection seems to be mainly driven by the antibody neutralizing response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Is there anything I can put in my nose that will make me pop hot for covid on a pcr

Trying to figure out how to get some regeneron in a month after I get MMR and 2 Pfizers and a JnJ and whatnot