Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

its pretty amazing watching the right wing spin machine panic and try to do this "libs are just using reverse psychology to stop you from getting the TRUMP VACCINE" thing after 2 years of telling everyone it's a deep state plot to let bill gates sap and impurify their precious bodily fluids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i will never get over the Trump Dance

so loving strange

https://twitter.com/asyounotwish/status/1320250188242432005

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

quote:

and kids won’t have to quarantine if there’s a case in their class if they wear a mask and keep three feet of distance.
:laffo:

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/us/no-mask-policy-restaurant-couple-texas-trnd/index.html

it's like this story was created in a lab to feed libs. this dude won't even shave his beard to get a better mask fit but it's national news that he couldn't wear it in between bites of food at a restaurant.

bonus points for TEXAS

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Nothus posted:

A pro-tip from my ultra-cheapskate grandmother: use the Sunday comics section for wrapping paper.

My mom did that every year I was growing up and it whips so much rear end. Now, my sister uses butcher paper and will decorate it. I do sometimes.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Buck Wildman posted:

boy I wish I worked in a place that mandated vaccines for its employees that sounds loving incredible

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Nothus posted:

A pro-tip from my ultra-cheapskate grandmother: use the Sunday comics section for wrapping paper.

merry Christmas it's fish and chips

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i dont know why im surprised, but it is mind boggling that 3 ft of distance is the standard. as if this could even be established was present the entire time. its insane, but this is literally the standard everywhere.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Gio posted:

i dont know why i am, but it is mind boggling that 3 ft of distance is the standard. as if this could even be established was present the entire time. its insane, but this is literally the standard everywhere.

Yeah I didn't stand 3' from people before the pandemic. That's definitely well within my 'personal bubble'

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Gio posted:

i dont know why i am, but it is mind boggling that 3 ft of distance is the standard. as if this could even be established was present the entire time. its insane, but this is literally the standard everywhere.

Imagine standing 2 or 1 foot away from someone while talking.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

poll plane variant posted:

This thread really makes "ever going to the doctor" out to be a lot rarer than it is in the US

No you're just privileged and ignorant, as usual

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jaxyon posted:

is there a site for detailed city data on covid that isn't paywalled nyt crap

Check your county health department website. That's your best bet.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

ram dass in hell posted:

No you're just privileged and ignorant, as usual

Lol what, "has access to Tdap" isn't some top 1% poo poo

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Asproigerosis posted:

Oh woah I can't believe having absolutely no standards in news media results in the literal tens of crybaby snowflake nurses quitting over vax mandates getting the most air time. I can't believe this happened it's almost like media needs loving regulations.

See the media endlessly crying over one missing white girl. There’s a reason why I don’t read or watch the news anymore.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Buck Wildman posted:

boy I wish I worked in a place that mandated vaccines for its employees that sounds loving incredible

I do and lol they don't require proof and give medical and religious exemptions

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Salt Fish posted:

Imagine standing 2 or 1 foot away from someone while talking.

I don't have to, that's how close people get to me at my desk

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i mean whatever x-feet rule is stupid for a virus thats airborne

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Lacrosse posted:

Yeah I didn't stand 3' from people before the pandemic. That's definitely well within my 'personal bubble'

That's been something that's been real nice about being in Respirator Crew. It gives me a nice extra helping of personal space when I'm out.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://children.costhelper.com/well-baby-doctor-visit.html

quote:

Typical costs:

Without health insurance, a full year of the recommended seven well baby visits costs an average of $668 total -- or just over $95 per visit -- according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Immunizations for the first year cost at least $620 extra and usually are covered by health insurance.

Well baby visits are almost always covered by group health insurance -- in 97 percent of cases with PPOs and 99 percent of cases with HMOs -- according to a survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation[2] . However, some insurance policies require that the baby be added to the insurance plan within a certain time frame -- usually by one month after birth, so check with your provider.
For patients covered by insurance, out-of-pocket costs, usually copays, typically range from $10 to $30 per visit, depending on the plan.

The 'covered by insurance' costs aren't mentioning deductibles or coinsurance, which will push the per visit cost up by a good bit.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
"Hey, can I ask you a question real quick?"

*extends arms for a hug*

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gio posted:

i mean whatever x-feet rule is stupid for a virus thats airborne

I'm pretty sure most people just can't comprehend that air exists. It doesn't manifest like water, it's just empty to them.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm pretty sure most people just can't comprehend that air exists. It doesn't manifest like water, it's just empty to them.

What the hell's water

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Mr. Lobe posted:

What the hell's water

Fish spotted

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

No, a TDaP vaccine is not a 1% thing, but enough other medical poo poo is that a big chunk of the US just avoids everything related to medical care for fear of ending up with a mystery bill they could never hope to pay.

It's like the people who are afraid of getting bills for COVID shots. They've gone through enough other bullshit (or know people who have) to have a deep distrust of anybody who might get access to their info in order to demand money from them for some sort of medical thing. It also doesn't help that some people really did get bills for their shots.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr. Lobe posted:

What the hell's water

Liquid ice

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Cabbages and Kings posted:

gently caress
kid who has been back in (masked, outdoor) preschool for 2 weeks wakes up vomiting last night
this morning she has mild upper respiratory symptoms

just loving lol
it's my wife's birthday and instead of secretly picking up flowers etc as planned my guess is we're all headed for COVID tests, waiting to hear back from our dr's office

:smith:
:same: lol you're me from last week
it only took 2 weeks of in-person school and daycare for my kids to get something

toddler had a cough and runny nose
did several home covid tests, all negative
everything cleared up by the end of the week

later that same week the older one had a cough and fever
did several home covid tests, all negative
everything cleared up within a day and they're normal again

my toddler has been at home their entire life, and hasn't been exposed to a single germ over the past 2 years so... thinking the toddler got some cold or something at daycare and gave it to our older one

lol at toddlers wearing masks at daycare
but also lmao that my toddler is the only one i see constantly wearing theirs when i pick them up

everything sucks and the government is actively trying to kill my kids
love this country

hope your family isn't hit with it fellow goon

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Update from my sick anti-vax relative

They had self-diagnosed having strep throat. They just went a CVS clinic this weekend because they were still ill and had lost 15 pounds.

Don't know if they were tested for COVID. They are now saying they have hand, foot, and mouth disease.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Iron Crowned posted:

people are simply woefully ignorant about how anything works, this last August my ex was insistent on hosting a birthday party for my youngest daughter in a park, and I was the only one wearing a mask. she, while cutting and giving out cake, put on gloves "so she didn't spread anything" all while not wearing a mask. people are dumb as loving bricks.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

It's funny that he has to do all the clarifications in subsequent tweets because the original article is of course pay-walled. No wonder everyone gets their COVID news from Facebook.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
I went to get my flu shot today and for shits and giggles and to see how is easy it was I signed up for the Moderna at Wallgreens, I'm already J&J + pfizer. The J&J was through CVS in VA who didn't know that I'd already had half the pfizer through the VA government and they never checked or figured it out, neither did the VA government when they gave me the second shot later. Wallgreens was in DC and they jabbed me right away along with the flu shot and nobody knew poo poo even though I have them my real name on the paper work, no they didn't ask for ID either, they gave me a new card and one $5 gift card per shot.

Just in case anyone else wants to go off and do the dumb.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

They had self-diagnosed having strep throat. They just went a CVS clinic this weekend because they were still ill and had lost 15 pounds.

Don't know if they were tested for COVID. They are now saying they have hand, foot, and mouth disease.

the hand holds the mobile device that is logged onto facebook then the foot goes into the mouth.

many such cases

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Lastgirl posted:

its just gratifying bloodlust to justify your time theft in lockdown or isolation because you feel vindicated in punishing people, this is not karma practice at all and westerners misuse the term all the time for self-serving vindication

its completely demented because the time and energy to invest into this kind of thinking, literally rewiring neurons to clap at dying people so im not even bothering to figure out what the gently caress the "me" icon is even though its stupefying

it's the go fund me icon. HCA's only go to people that actively spread covid misinformation before their untimely demise.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
anyone had luck getting someone to crack/ping?

I just had a long chat with a 26 year old coworker in the deep south.

He's a rogan listener who frequently disagrees with rogan. He's unvaxxed. His take is that he'll vaxx in "six months or so" if we don't see a uptick in "stroke poo poo"; also notably he knows someone who in recent memory just died of a blod clot post vaxx, he does not say that's a definite cause but also does not rule it out and it's impacting his thinking.*

He thinks that since he never interacts with the elderly or kids, is positive on masks, and is generally in excellent shape and eats lots of vitamins, he can just camp on this

We have a 'respectful disagreement' paradigm so i didn't try to change his mind.

He was a Ben Carson primary voter who voted for Biden in the general, despises Trump, and in all things professional generally seems like a sharp knife to me; he's also been on the mask train since the beginning of all this.

just throwing this out as a data point w/r/t some of what we're up against, also, if anyone has any work-appropriate twitter feeds or whatever I should start trying to slip into his media awareness sphere, I am all ears. I don't want to get pushy on this, at the same time, I feel like there's some chance that this is someone I could actually talk into a vaxx if I could figure out the correct approach, unlike basically anyone else I know who is unvaxxed at this time in 2021.

* I know the stats and numbers on this, of course, but this is not a situation where dive bombing with 2000 whitepapers is gonna be a good reach

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

WTF is it with tree loppers? We had several companies here in Australia who broke the lockdown restrictions to travel to a different city and go doorknocking to drum up business, and then it turned out that several of them were covid positive
https://twitter.com/nbnnews/status/1433716727179739139

Iron Crowned posted:

I get the feeling it's one of those jobs that you can learn with little training, and few tools, but make a ton of money.

I have an acquaintance who is one, and he's the second most obnoxious person I know. Don't see him around much since he fell in his yard and got his leg amputated for being too fat.

also, its the kind of job that attracts people who want to be seen as manly and tough

and the kind of person concerned with being seen that way is probably more likely to be a chud, because right wing messaging is all about trying to appear manly and tough

and chud media has spent the past year saying that vaccines will turn u into a gay lizardman cyborg slave that can be remote controlled by obungler

bing bong

and for the non chud tree trimmers...well, u gotta open biden jack, why do u hate freedom and good mental health

:sad:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Atrocious Joe posted:

Uh isn't that mad cow disease? :newlol:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

MysteriousStranger posted:

I went to get my flu shot today and for shits and giggles and to see how is easy it was I signed up for the Moderna at Wallgreens, I'm already J&J + pfizer. The J&J was through CVS in VA who didn't know that I'd already had half the pfizer through the VA government and they never checked or figured it out, neither did the VA government when they gave me the second shot later. Wallgreens was in DC and they jabbed me right away along with the flu shot and nobody knew poo poo even though I have them my real name on the paper work, no they didn't ask for ID either, they gave me a new card and one $5 gift card per shot.

Just in case anyone else wants to go off and do the dumb.

I hope you treated yourself to some neopolitan ice cream after that.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Lacrosse posted:

Me too, but I sort of miss responding to people who invaded my space by taking a step forward to ensure that no matter how small their bubble was I was well within it. Maybe I’m an rear end in a top hat, but gently caress close talkers.

These days the respirator keeps them at bay 99% of the time. Loving that ten feet of personal space.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Cabbages and Kings posted:

anyone had luck getting someone to crack/ping?

I just had a long chat with a 26 year old coworker in the deep south.

He's a rogan listener who frequently disagrees with rogan. He's unvaxxed. His take is that he'll vaxx in "six months or so" if we don't see a uptick in "stroke poo poo"; also notably he knows someone who in recent memory just died of a blod clot post vaxx, he does not say that's a definite cause but also does not rule it out and it's impacting his thinking.*

He thinks that since he never interacts with the elderly or kids, is positive on masks, and is generally in excellent shape and eats lots of vitamins, he can just camp on this

We have a 'respectful disagreement' paradigm so i didn't try to change his mind.

He was a Ben Carson primary voter who voted for Biden in the general, despises Trump, and in all things professional generally seems like a sharp knife to me; he's also been on the mask train since the beginning of all this.

just throwing this out as a data point w/r/t some of what we're up against, also, if anyone has any work-appropriate twitter feeds or whatever I should start trying to slip into his media awareness sphere, I am all ears. I don't want to get pushy on this, at the same time, I feel like there's some chance that this is someone I could actually talk into a vaxx if I could figure out the correct approach, unlike basically anyone else I know who is unvaxxed at this time in 2021.

* I know the stats and numbers on this, of course, but this is not a situation where dive bombing with 2000 whitepapers is gonna be a good reach

i'd crack ping him with china. rogan listeners love to be a bit subversive, like they've found the one cool trick the rest of america isn't talking about to get better at something. if he's not poison pilled with anti china nonsense then it should be a huge loving crackping to start learning that the biggest country on earth, 1.4 billion people, has seen over 150x less death than america. this should be the biggest loving scandal and talking point in the world, that america has allowed 700k+ people to die and suffer through two years now of crippling pandemic vs. china which had a few months of strict lockdown in some cities, a constant very strict international travel quarantine, and now a very swift and mandatory vaccine rollout (a billion of their citizens vaccinated now--including children, it's more than america even per capita). by every metric america has loving failed and it will only get worse and more ridiculous as the economy collapses, people keep getting sick and dying, etc. vs. china just going back to 100% normal and staying there. why in the gently caress is no one in the mass media even talking about this, that one country has actually beaten coronavirus--it's loving wild and some deep issue that almost feels like a conspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Do none of you fuckers not work at the VERY LARGE INTERNATIONAL COMPANY that everyone in the world has heard of that just had a big announcement? lol.