Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is Zits not running anymore out of curiosity or is it just on break? I just noticed that most of the current strips have a copyright date of 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's just going to "die" so the crazy lady doesn't murder his wife.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Slimy foods like okra or taro are considered to be good for your constitution, in a "Japanese folk remedy" way.

Chako

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Larryb posted:

So is Zits not running anymore out of curiosity or is it just on break? I just noticed that most of the current strips have a copyright date of 2017.

Scottand Borgman might be on vacation or something.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

TRY ONLINE BUT FUNNY ANIMALS

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! October 11, 1918

COVID Chuckles November 4, 1918

Gay and Her Gang November 2, 1929

Oaky Doaks April 4, 1936

Mopsy June 8, 1937

Up Front July 17, 1944

Dark Laughter October 9, 1948

“Well, what does he have to holler my age an’ occupation all over the place for? Step aside, officer, an’ let me protect my civil rights!”

Those Were the Days April 26, 1956

Wee Pals December 25, 1965

Dogbert May 26, 1966

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wilbur is gonna animal abuse that terrier and best case scenario it bites him and runs away tagless to be adopted as a stray by Estelle and the dog and cat get their own syndicated comic strip where they pull pranks on Wilbur every week.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: to boldly go (September 1-7, 2003)

Yikes, that was quite the unprovoked racist slam against chameleons.

Murdstone posted:

Free to a good home:

Hey, it's not that different than the one I have right now, just a lot less gross looking.

I skip this comic a lot because of the small text and feel bad about it because it seems like I could read it if I really put effort into it. But come on, this is just ridiculous.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jan 8, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 11-12, 1990)

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Legible adult voices in Peanuts are always surprising

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Comics Kingdom is back to normal for the moment, so let's fill our plate.

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (January 25, 1934)

Peanuts (September 24, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Goddamn Millennials (d/b/a Crankshaft)

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater, in which Wimpy makes new friends wherever he goes. (April 22, 1938)

Out Our Way (May 31-June 2, 1937)

Wallpaper cleaner at the time was a kind of putty. Maybe if that kid had some kind of "play dough" instead he'd...ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Toonerville Folks (February 4-6, 1918)

Dok's Dippy World Series (October 15, 1913)

Philadelphia Athletics beat the Giants 4 games to 1.

Little Lefty, in which it wouldn't be a victory for the American proles if there wasn't a pyrrhic element to it. (May 20-22, 1935)

Blondie (From Zero): Wait a sec, who's this traditionally handsome goober horning in on the Bumstead action? (February 16-18, 1931)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 22, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bettina will be older than Hil in about a year at this rate

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Hey, True did something good for a change.

In today's Blueberry: GEE, WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING, or Remember the X marking the spot, guys, or Quick thinking from Blueberry

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

EasyEW posted:

Goddamn Millennials (d/b/a Crankshaft)

Isn't this strip set somewhere in Ohio? I don't think there were many newspapers based there quite yet.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Powered Descent posted:

Isn't this strip set somewhere in Ohio? I don't think there were many newspapers based there quite yet.

“The sentinal: cleveland’s only paper that still recognizes connecticuts sovereignty over the western reserve”

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Considering the nuance Batiuk has applied to the field of comics I can't wait for his red hot take on the death of newspapers.

Jucika "272 - Jucika Chooses A Hat"

"273 - Jucika And The Impatient Customers"

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

“The sentinal: cleveland’s only paper that still recognizes connecticuts sovereignty over the western reserve”

drat, now I want it to stay in business :Cryingnutmeg:

Why does she have seltzer bottles?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Only one person gets to kidnap me and drag me halfway across the world! -Aleta, probably.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Kavak posted:

Why does she have seltzer bottles?

they're not just a clown prop they're actually used for making drinks

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Only one person gets to kidnap me and drag me halfway across the world! -Aleta, probably.

If Val and Aleta lived in the modern day, their car would have a WHO RESCUED WHO bumper sticker.

Classic Kevin & Kell in: here we go again (September 8-14, 2003)

I'll be clear: while I do support rabbits and other herbivores not being murdered at the drop of a hat, I do not support these guys' plan. At all. It's disgusting, to say the least.

(It's interesting how since their first appearance they've been turned into a big strawman, isn't it? They're basically rabbit supremacists now.)

Modern Kevin & Kell

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

I'm confused. The guy saying "Canine" is Pam's kid. Pam is a cat. Shouldn't he be saying "Feline"? Or did Pam turn into a dog and get pregnant by one at some point?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm confused. The guy saying "Canine" is Pam's kid. Pam is a cat. Shouldn't he be saying "Feline"? Or did Pam turn into a dog and get pregnant by one at some point?

The Wikipedia article will not alleviate your confusion.

Wikipedia: Safe Havens posted:

Palmtop aka Pam Topp - Samantha's first genetic experiment, Palmtop is genetic clone of Samantha's border collie Laptop. She was gestated in a cat and was born a cat (this was later discovered being due to Laptop being a dog/cat hybrid). Palmtop originally showed more of a canine personality than a feline, but this would later change as she developed a snarky feline persona. She briefly had a romance with an escaped lab experiment and they had a litter of striped puppies which were adopted by many of the main characters (most have since been written out). Palmtop eventually became human under the unfortunate name "Pam Topp", and served as the Residential Adviser in Samantha's old dorm. More recently she has decided to live as a cat, in Vince and Feryl's home, and only occasionally transforms into Pam Topp.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love holbrook's worldbuilding method of JUST PILE MORE poo poo ON and we end up with nightmare zones

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

:psyduck: I'm somehow even more confused than when I didn't know anything.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I refuse to learn anything more than cursory knowledge of Holbrook's comics without being paid at least minimum wage for each strip I read.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (December 26, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (December 26, 1999)

Garfield Classic (December 26, 1989)

Kavak posted:

I refuse to learn anything more than cursory knowledge of Holbrook's comics without being paid at least minimum wage for each strip I read.

:same:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Going with the classics

Mandrake

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MariusLecter posted:

Wilbur is gonna animal abuse that terrier and best case scenario it bites him and runs away tagless to be adopted as a stray by Estelle and the dog and cat get their own syndicated comic strip where they pull pranks on Wilbur every week.

I would gladly read this comic.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Grassi

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 9/21/01

Brenda Starr 4/6/47

Finally the most important character in the strip gets a name!

Smokey Stover 6/20/43

Bonus letter to the editor! Imagine complaining about not being allowed to swim in the East River, which had been Manhattan's sewage outlet since the days of New Amsterdam.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Selachian posted:

Get Fuzzy 9/21/01

Get Fuzzy is constantly pleasant, but sometimes it's outstanding :3:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

"Who the hell wants to swim in a pool?"

I guess lap swimming hadn't been invented yet.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
A De Luxe ladder!

With 15 rungs, sir!

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

If <waves arm expansively> was legalized.

MariusLecter posted:

On the way home from the pound, Wilbur will ditch the dog for a sandwich he sees across the street. Upon realising it was just a picture of a sandwich in a cafe window, he'll return to find the dog has been adopted by someone younger and better than him, whom he'll drunkenly insult whenever he sees them in restaurants.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
edit: I apparently double-posted so I'm keeping the post at the top of the next page instead of this one.

Medenmath fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 22, 2021