Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
anyone not getting a third dose is the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Atrocious Joe posted:

booster discussion should be allowed for harm reduction reasons, but confined to TCC. if people don't have a safe way to discuss boosters, it can be dangerous. they might trust some shady dealer selling "Sputnik V" that's actually fentanyl.

I can almost guarantee that has never happened. why would anyone do that? if anything you are getting a useless shot full of water, why would anyone add an expensive illicit drug to it?

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Korean Boomhauer posted:

Remembering that Reddit post earlier where the pharmacists were gloating about denying people shots

Link

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

silicone thrills posted:

lol i'm allergic to adhesive and it sucks so loving bad. I discovered it in the rudest way possible a loving bandaid did all this to me.

Specifically Kroger brand bandaids do the same thing to me! Found that out last August when I was prepping for a hurricane (Delta, lmao, it didn't ultimately hit my area), dropped a can of soup on my toe just enough to make me bleed, slapped a bandaid on it and it just got worse until I switched to paper tape and gauze.

Was super fun trying to figure out what happened while waiting for a hurricane to make up its mind and OG COVID wrecking my region at the same time

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

this is my *cough* song
last gasp of breath song

ram dass in hell posted:

Had to have high, high titers to stay living
Shooting Pfizer in my arm when I lied to avoid a killing

Loool

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i plan on scheduling a booster next month, i think. My wife has moderna and I need to talk to some colleagues to get a sense about what she should do.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:3:

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

mod sassinator posted:

lmao that was 3 months ago. now people in the dnd thread are openly talking about having gotten boosters. in 2-3 weeks it won't even matter, it will be like people getting big mad at jumping the line to get vaccinated earlier

and ultimately lol the people not getting shot 1 are a far, far, far, far bigger problem than the people getting shot 3 too soon. anyone trying to spin it that the shot 3 getters are the problem is just trying to make their worthless life feel more important by trying to have for a microsecond some authority over another person

my view is "if you aren't going to get your shot I'll take a booster".

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

i plan on scheduling a booster next month, i think. My wife has moderna and I need to talk to some colleagues to get a sense about what she should do.

People have gotten like a hundred doses for gift cards what's the harm

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Anybody wanna make predictions on what exactly the FDA will announce tomorrow for eligibility?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Schnorkles posted:

Just go get it? What's the ask? Like how to get it or what will happen?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

for whoever was asking about the whole "prayer warrior" thing before:

This poo poo is gay as gently caress to real Americans, so instead of praying to Jesus and having tender love for Christ and God, they're prayer warriors.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Thoguh posted:

Anybody wanna make predictions on what exactly the FDA will announce tomorrow for eligibility?

I'm guessing they are being loving idiots about this and slow rolling this for "vulnerable groups" which is fine and all and should always be done! But ignores the fact that a huge swath of the population refuses to go get their initial shot/shots so there is a surplus of the drat things and they are bribing you to go get one.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Err Melbourne just had an earthquake, on top of record 2021 covid cases and an anti vax riot yesterday. wtf.

We're not supposed to have earthquakes.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Thoguh posted:

they'll probably just do 65+ and a special list of high risk jobs like healthcare workers. that's the least amount of work for states to immediately verify and start getting shots in arms thursday. otherwise if they open the floodgates it's going to risk making states have to waste time prioritizing different groups, etc. and adding all kinds of rules which will just take more time. they're just going to at the federal level start ratcheting open the floodgates with broader rollout every few months--they've already wasted too much time and can't waste any more

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Stereotype posted:

i got the regular one for both so i am curious if one of the other options, like soft, is better

fwiw, my personal recommendation for the covid is over shirt would be Triblend since the shirts are heathered which probably works better with the faux-vintage distressing I threw on top of it BUT personally I got mine in Extra Soft because I wanted it in Pacific Blue to be as loud and obnoxious and tropical as possible

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
So is Moderna still like 6 months out

mystes
May 31, 2006

Just tell the pharmacy you're 65 and don't have ID.

Apr 7, 2003

poll plane variant posted:

So is Moderna still like 6 months out

I haven't heard about any Moderna breakthrough cases. Makes you think.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mod sassinator posted:

they'll probably just do 65+ and a special list of high risk jobs like healthcare workers. that's the least amount of work for states to immediately verify and start getting shots in arms thursday. otherwise if they open the floodgates it's going to risk making states have to waste time prioritizing different groups, etc. and adding all kinds of rules which will just take more time. they're just going to at the federal level start ratcheting open the floodgates with broader rollout every few months

yeah, pretty much this

65+, immunocompromised, high risk job categories (teachers, healthcare workers, nursing home anythings, maybe even resturants?)

the key is they'll probably open up "immunocompromised" a bit as well. You might see hypertension or obesity being added as categories.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

boosters will be open biden by november i would guess.

Apr 7, 2003

My wife has her third Pfizer dose but I'm Moderna crew and I don't give a gently caress. 3x dose baby. Bring on the death and destruction.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

MysteriousStranger posted:

Just go get it? What's the ask? Like how to get it or what will happen?

as a general rule, being in this industry and whatever, i don't put compounds in me that don't need to be there.

i understand this is not exactly the tenor of this thread, but i don't really gaf if you think its stupid.

Apr 7, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

as a general rule, being in this industry and whatever, i don't put compounds in me that don't need to be there.

i understand this is not exactly the tenor of this thread, but i don't really gaf if you think its stupid.

Israel already did the legwork. Pfizer Pham that aren't third dosing at this point are insane.

Moderna book is out.

Jerkin' & Jackin' looks like it's time to double up.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

I can't imagine being totally sober and eating clean af and poo poo lol

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

for whoever was asking about the whole "prayer warrior" thing before:

This poo poo is gay as gently caress to real Americans, so instead of praying to Jesus and having tender love for Christ and God, they're prayer warriors.

Isnt praying in the way these people are doing just begging?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

mark immune posted:

show us your titers

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

They're smart, strong, begging lions

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Finding himself at a theatre watching Madam Butterfly, confusing the opera with an exclusive gentlemen's club, Rudy learned that he had a passion for singing and performing.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Wait real plane you and ur plane wife are wfh right, drat that changes the math lol

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Apr 7, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

Isnt praying in the way these people are doing just begging?

Who fuckin' cares

I'm not religious but I grew up among Catholics and the Catholic line is that you are powerless before God and that prayer is an admission of that powerlessness and supplication.

It's meant to be humbling.

Turning prayer upside down with "I'm not a queer, I'm actually a 'prayer warrior'" is incredibly American and also completely subverts the purpose of prayer.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

mystes posted:

Just tell the pharmacy you're 65 and don't have ID.

I just today got a fourth for LOLs (had one pfizer from the government missed the second date, got the J&J at CVS in VA nobody checked, then got the second government pfizer nobody checked or said poo poo) and nothing happened. In this case I had the flu shot and just added a Moderna to see what happened and nobody asked for an ID, it was in DC and I just lied and said I hadn't had one before, gave them my real name, and they gave me the shot and a loving gift card at Wallgreens in DC. Gave me a date Oct 19 for my next Moderna, who knows if I'll go but why not just to see if they check then! My guess is they do not.

This entire thing reminds me of being back in the military and nobody checking poo poo and just jabbing you over and over again to be safe.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

I don't understand this one, is there some context to this? I don't know what the pictures are trying to prove. I mean all I see is a store that put a bunch of the same item on the shelf, but that seems like a supply chain problem to me, not a good thing - that the store can't get actual product and is lining the shelves with whatever they have. But maybe that guy is saying capitalism is the best or something?

Apr 7, 2003

There's nothing more American than taking a 5000+ year old religious ceremony meant to humble yourself and turning it into a coal rolling expression of how much you love to kick rear end and gently caress eagles

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Bone Crimes posted:

I don't understand this one, is there some context to this? I don't know what the pictures are trying to prove. I mean all I see is a store that put a bunch of the same item on the shelf, but that seems like a supply chain problem to me, not a good thing - that the store can't get actual product and is lining the shelves with whatever they have. But maybe that guy is saying capitalism is the best or something?

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1174871396855382016

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Bone Crimes posted:

the pictures are from cuba

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

oh. lol. What a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Schnorkles posted:

respect to the straight edge lifestyle