Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Schnorkles posted:

as a general rule, being in this industry and whatever, i don't put compounds in me that don't need to be there.

i understand this is not exactly the tenor of this thread, but i don't really gaf if you think its stupid.

I don't at all, since you gave a valid reason for it. On the other hand I spent a decade and a half being sent all over the place with batteries of shots which often got redone because of "records issues" so I'm really only mad at the "shots are hitler, they are forcing the military to get shots, that's not American". I had to redo yellow fever. We also got small pox and anthrax so I'm rather jaded over all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Read that benny johnson guy's timeline if you want to get really mad.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Err Melbourne just had an earthquake, on top of record 2021 covid cases and an anti vax riot yesterday. wtf.

We're not supposed to have earthquakes.

Either a bomb or Godzilla or both off the coast obv, didn't Australia just meet with the usa?

MysteriousStranger posted:

I don't at all, since you gave a valid reason for it. On the other hand I spent a decade and a half being sent all over the place with batteries of shots which often got redone because of "records issues" so I'm really only mad at the "shots are hitler, they are forcing the military to get shots, that's not American". I had to redo yellow fever. We also got small pox and anthrax so I'm rather jaded over all this.

Did your military job get changed to watch over covid thread

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ben Garrison giving Aus some love. I have no idea who these people are so I assume they are all Murdoch media.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Lol yellow fever is safe but I hear it sucks to get redone

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I haven't heard about any Moderna breakthrough cases. Makes you think.

My health system was mostly Maderna and we only had a few breakthrough infections until Delta hit. Since early August it’s been non stop breakthroughs. Between that and Nodelphi’s story it convinced me to get a booster

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

trying to get people to take the vaccine by making them want to die doesn't seem like it will work to me.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

My dad was a dipshit army / usaf / reserves hippie who dodged immunizations every year or claimed he did.

knowing what I do of the military now I'm 100% convinced that he just submitted to the immunizations when he went to egypt in 1994 and just whined about it after the fact.

He also never went over e5 so I'm pretty sure he was a life long gently caress-up and deserved it.

Apr 7, 2003

Fireside Nut posted:

My health system was mostly Maderna and we only had a few breakthrough infections until Delta hit. Since early August it’s been non stop breakthroughs. Between that and Nodelphi’s story it convinced me to get a booster

The hospital system I worked for gave some of us Pfizer and some of us Moderna . Makes you think!

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

i plan on scheduling a booster next month, i think. My wife has moderna and I need to talk to some colleagues to get a sense about what she should do.

Would you feel comfortable sharing what they say in the thread? Like not anything particular to your wife, but just any general info other folks interested in getting a booster of Moderna sooner rather then later might be want to hear.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Thoguh posted:

Anybody wanna make predictions on what exactly the FDA will announce tomorrow for eligibility?

I'm gonna guess that the White House leaned hard enough on them to announce boosters which theoretically have restrictions (to get the brunchlibs on board who fetishize gatekeeping), but are practically everybody. Stuff like "is at risk of COVID" or some poo poo.

Biden is probably pissed that the FDA didn't go through with his September 20 date, and he seems like the sort of rear end in a top hat who really holds a grudge.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Isn't there that study that shows Moderna boosters double the number of antibodies present compared to Pfizer or am I just making stuff up

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/Quinnae_Moon/status/1440444302518149121

Lol

Apr 7, 2003

Beef Stew posted:

Would you feel comfortable sharing what they say in the thread? Like not anything particular to your wife, but just any general info other folks interested in getting a booster of Moderna sooner rather then later might be want to hear.

Don't listen to this guy, tell us all about your wife.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

poll plane variant posted:

Lol yellow fever is safe but I hear it sucks to get redone

I'll vouch for that.

My dad was a dipshit army / usaf / reserves hippie who dodged immunizations every year or claimed he did.

knowing what I do of the military now I'm 100% convinced that he just submitted to the immunizations when he went to egypt in 1994 and just whined about it after the fact.

He also never went over e5 so I'm pretty sure he was a life long gently caress-up and deserved it.

You don't dodge poo poo. You get lined up and a row of medics or corpsmen on either side just dose you and you might know what you get or in some cases you aren't told. Even as a civilian consultant/contractor/gs type you don't have a choice, you get the shot or you're gone. That's it!

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

i dunno, i figure if you didn't want people to laugh at your death you shouldn't have died in such a predictably funny way

like my mentors death was a loving tragedy: survived covid once before the shots, got both of them, survived brain cancer and died to a brain bleed because all the plauge beasts were taking up the ICU

so yes, i'm going to mock the poo poo out of these assholes that are literally murdering people when they inevitably include themselves in that body count.

Apr 7, 2003

You don't dodge poo poo. You get lined up and a row of medics or corpsmen on either side just dose you and you might know what you get or in some cases you aren't told. Even as a civilian consultant/contractor/gs type you don't have a choice, you get the shot or you're gone. That's it!

He was in the PA 271st Combat Comm and deployed overseas all the time so lol yeah he was full of poo poo.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

pillsburysoldier posted:

Isnt praying in the way these people are doing just begging?

Prayers are basically verbal wishlists to Santa for gifts and stuff yeah

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

I'll vouch for that.

India finally admitted it was good for life thankfully

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Don't want to get laughed at, don't die of a preventable illness while leaving a paper trail of conspiracy poo poo. Bing bong so simple

Death of Innocence
Jan 12, 2006

Wait, we can get paid to dehumanize for a living now? Just goes to show, if you’re good at something never do it for free.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Hmm, this is mine

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom

Lacrosse posted:

Repeat after me: "I am here for my first shot"

This right here works real well. I went in to get my booster bandit badge today and told them I was immunocompromised but they barely asked or cared. Just go in and tell them your getting your first, easy as hell.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Lacrosse posted:

Repeat after me: "I am here for my first shot"

you do know where ur posting right

my in laws are honest to a fault

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:qq:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
You cannot dehumanize fascists because they aren't people.

Apr 7, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

Don't want to get laughed at, don't die of a preventable illness while leaving a paper trail of conspiracy poo poo. Bing bong so simple

I don't really like the bloodlust of the hermancainawards poo poo

butttttttttt

I can't stop people who want to die and I shouldn't expend my effort on a futile task like that.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think it's pretty funny when you post 20 times on Facebook that a tiger won't eat you and then a tiger eats you.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

bitchmade plane doesn't want compounds in his blood

Apr 7, 2003

Consummate Professional posted:

I think it's pretty funny when you post 20 times on Facebook that a tiger won't eat you and then a tiger eats you.

I feel bad for people who fall victim to coordinated propaganda

I can't even figure out what the chud media is working at here, they're killing their own audience.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

if you don't like it that dumb fuckers are dying in droves then you have to forcibly confine everyone to their homes and halt all domestic travel and close all the schools and businesses. "making fun of them less" doesn't actually do anything. no one seems to want to do what you would need to do to decrease those deaths. because of that, i will continue to make fun of them and their sad pathetic deaths.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Der Meister posted:

you do know where ur posting right

my in laws are honest to a fault

Yeah so was I, then I discovered the joy of lying

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I don't really like the bloodlust of the hermancainawards poo poo

butttttttttt

I can't stop people who want to die and I shouldn't expend my effort on a futile task like that.
yeah it's hard to get too hyped up about it because each one of those dead assholes likely infected (and potentially killed/long-term harmed) innocent people at the same time

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1440464500834988038?s=19

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

lol eat poo poo

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Well, I think my family has official succ dem’d themselves out of seeing their grandchild. They’ve been dragging their feet on boosters for weeks despite getting their first shots in like Feb/March and being over 65. They won’t do anything that isn’t 100% blessed by Joe himself publicly so they haven’t gotten then. They also won’t get a TDAP booster because they are sure they got one in the last 10 years but can’t recall when and don’t have any documentation of it.

Why the gently caress is it so hard to get someone to get a loving shot? My grandfather watched his best friend paralyzed from the chest down by polio when he was a kid. They get a flu shot every year. But getting a TDAP booster because they can’t remember when they got their last shot and a Covid booster is a bridge too far.

Death of Innocence
Jan 12, 2006

Thanks for the 3M Aura 9205 recommendations, thread. I went back to KF94s after my boss started asking about my respirator, these Auras fit way more snugly then the KF94s ever did.

Glad to have this thread, feels like the only place in my life that ever took covid seriously. It is hard to keep up with a thread with hundreds of posts a day, but staying focused and informed is just as important as the vaccines and the masks.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Lawlicaust posted:

Well, I think my family has official succ dem’d themselves out of seeing their grandchild. They’ve been dragging their feet on boosters for weeks despite getting their first shots in like Feb/March and being over 65. They won’t do anything that isn’t 100% blessed by Joe himself publicly so they haven’t gotten then. They also won’t get a TDAP booster because they are sure they got one in the last 10 years but can’t recall when and don’t have any documentation of it.

Why the gently caress is it so hard to get someone to get a loving shot? My grandfather watched his best friend paralyzed from the chest down by polio when he was a kid. They get a flu shot every year. But getting a TDAP booster because they can’t remember when they got their last shot and a Covid booster is a bridge too far.

if they've lived in the same state for the last 10 years maybe they can check their state immunization database. here in washington i was looking up my covid shots and saw it has my tdap and other vaccine records too. very handy and easy if your state is partnered with myirmobile.com to do all the records lookup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'd enjoy the HCAs more if they stuck to public figures. "Influencers" should absolutely be allowed to very publicly hoist themselves by their own petard as a warning to others.