Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I think that song is called Like A Rolling Stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the world is a vampire

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
forget it I'll just set it to teenage wasteland

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
Black hole sun by Soundgarden

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

could basically use all of Garbage's discography

"Why Do You Love Me"
"Breaking Up the Girl"
"Tell Me Where It Hurts"
"The Men Who Rule the World"
"The World Is Not Enough"

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Embrace the wow PvP video aesthetic and use breaking me down by soil

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

cagliostr0 posted:

Clintons PVP video with "Let the bodies hit the floor"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

cagliostr0 posted:

oh my god, memories flooding back

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

cagliostr0 posted:

Still a much better experience than facecam tryhards screaming into mics

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

psychology seems like economics, a quackery cudgel for the upper class to beat everyone with.

naaah

it's different that there has been appropriation of psychology to reproduce ideology (but then again, this is what capitalism does) but, for example, psychoanalytic psychotherapy has an explicitly Marxist line about helping patients and/or analysands into consciousness, especially after Lacan

The goal of Marxist philosophy - to make us into people that know their place and time in history and thus can act in it - ties together a lot with the psychoanalytic approach of personal recovery of their history. This process associates in quite a neat way into Marxism, as it deals with the subjective part of own's personal history but anchored in the material facts. Understanding how material circumstances has made one's father a piece of poo poo, for example, allows one to translate the same experience in a structural way. In recognizing the suffering brought by the personal experience, by tying together a consequential history of the fact, the patient/analysand can then recognize how everything in their life has a history, how they are history themselves. They realize the historical materialism in their lives and around them.

I don't think it's mere coincidence that in the late 50s and through the 60s there has been a massive push in American psychology to go towards behaviorism and away from psychoanalysis, as that was around the time where the latter started to become really influenced by Marxism and also contributing to it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

cagliostr0 posted:

World War Mammories posted:

oh my god, memories flooding back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwSR1SHYZRI

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Goddamn nice twitter thread today:
https://twitter.com/hallam/status/1440304453341507592

Unrolled:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1440304453341507592.html

quote:

I never worked in intelligence but if you work in communications at my level, you keep meeting people who did.

In today's intelligence world, Bond would be considered a serious security risk and for very good reason. 1/

Back in the 1970s, the KGB developed an agent (i.e source, Bond is an operative, not an agent) recruitment process whose imprint can be clearly seen in the backgrounds of the men at the center of Brexit, Trump's election and more (aFD, Golden Dawn, etc.) 2/

Imagine a sales funnel for recruiting traitors. You start off by sending a pretty girl (boy) like Maria Butina into a cocktail party. Her job is to report back the names of every man who grabs her butt to her handler /3

The young men, early 20s who are on the list of #metoo types are approached by a second operative who decides if they are likely to be any use. In sales terms, qualifying the account. 4/

The selected targets are introduced to a person who will encourage them to engage in increasingly depraved activities. When they are ready, this person passes them on to the closer. 5/

The closer is a 12 year old. And lest you think I make it up, I have seen evidence of very young members of the Soviet Komsomol youth league receiving extraordinarily high honors. 6/

In a variation of the scheme, the closer is rather older and engages in a sex game. Only when the Tory MP is dressed up and munching on his drug soaked orange, she holds the bag on tight instead of releasing it as supposed to. 7/

The number of potential traitors this process created was likely in the thousands. Only some of them would be used for espionage of course. Most would be used simply to help advance the positions of the other assets. Some held in reserve 8/

Look into the backgrounds of the men at the center of Brexit. Every single one accused of rapey stuff in court papers. Look at the men in Russiagate, same. All three of the spokesmen for WikiLeaks. 9/

Same in 'journalism'. The men trying to tell us that it is absurd to think the Skripals were poisoned by Russian agents all have such rapey pasts when you look into them. So do many of the (male) leaders of nationalist/separatist groups in the EU. 10/10

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Remulak posted:

The men trying to tell us that it is absurd to think the Skripals were poisoned by Russian agents all have such rapey pasts when you look into them.

:lol:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
"The Skripals were poisoned by Russian agents" is just objectively funny to everyone by now, right? Lol say yes please

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's funny because the Skripals were NOT poisoned by Russian agents, so for this tweet thread to assert that the guys trying to disprove the official story are "rapey" means they're taking aim at the likes of Yasha Levine and Mark Ames and Ben Norton and Craig Murray

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
acquired goonlish

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Perry Mason Jar posted:

"The Skripals were poisoned by Russian agents" is just objectively funny to everyone by now, right? Lol say yes please

Not as funny as the hardworking CIA saying the 11 murdered Afghani aren't ISIS after the military apologized for the hit, while also wanting us to believe Havana Syndrome is real.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

No names jump out at me. It's interesting though, some of the threads there. Here is the list, from your post, so it's easier to follow:

1. Obviously the persons we'd do best to follow up on are Jin Ding, Rebecca Bond, Zack Malitz since they are involved with two shells.
1a. None of these PACs or funds are mysterious except: CREDO SuperPAC and Green Advocacy Project
1b. CREDO SuperPac:

https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/credo-mobile-super-pac/C00507517/summary/2016

As you can see, no contributions to federal candidates. The image is from "2016" in the dropdown. Their last report was Dec 1 2015 and they disappear thereafter. Note that it says "Industry: Telecom/cell". CREDO Mobile is a Verizon arm that provides regional cheap cellphone plans (a la Boost Mobile, e.g.) so we can reasonably conclude this PAC's intent is to lobby on behalf of Verizon, yes? Well, probably. If you click through to opensecrets.org you'll see they never made any contributions to federal candidates but they are reporting expenditures - so it's one or both things: it's a passthrough PAC to get the right people (PAC employees) paid out or all their spending goes towards media propaganda. But there's a small snag:

1c. Green Advocacy Project.

So we can reasonably conclude that CREDO SuperPAC wanted to get operatives paid and ditto Green Advocacy Project, just with two different ostensible reasons for existing. It's also useful to know that Rebecca goes by Becky, should make further look-up a little simpler. Jin Ding and Elijah Zarlin didn't get the invite to jump from CREDO to Green Advocacy Project so we'd do well to follow up on them also to see where they did end up or else what reason exists for their exclusion. Michael Kieschnick was at Middle Seat as well as CREDO and Green Advocacy Project but has no apparent connection to Bernal Alto or Middle Seat, unlike the two other board members? Would be good to ask why that might be and why nobody else on that Middle Seat list there ended up at Green Advocacy Project.

2. Beto and Uyghur just got spookier.

3. Looks like this group/s were keen on anti-Brexit stuff. Not surprising. The only people who wanted to split the imperial bloc are commies and New Money conservatives.
CREDO is an MVNO that's a division of Working Assets and donates to progressive causes http://www.workingassets.com/Recipients.aspx. They just piggyback on Verizon's network..

I don't know how complete the Bernal Alto list is is far as employees, and I don't know how complete the list of associated organizations is for anyone on the list. I had to piece it together from public records, LinkedIn profiles, and peoples profile blurbs on a few websites.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I think I found the reason Real Justice PAC gave to Bernal Alto and it's slimy.

https://medium.com/@shaunkingfinancialreivewboard/shaun-king-financial-report-318661d97125

According to Bond, it was agreed from the beginning that Real Justice PAC and Action PAC won't pay Shaun King for his fundraising work. His $50,000 salary has always been paid by Bernal Alto or The Social Practice.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JrodGorge/status/1246469278821273608?s=19

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol WEB Defraud

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

smarxist posted:

lol WEB Defraud

haha. heh.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

a few decent usernames if you’re tired of your own

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
was thinking of mwahannerahahn, personally

nut
Jul 30, 2019

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Excelzior posted:

"Why Do You Love Me"
"Breaking Up the Girl"
"Tell Me Where It Hurts"

I like the cut of your jib sir.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Remulak posted:

The closer is a 12 year old. And lest you think I make it up, I have seen evidence of very young members of the Soviet Komsomol youth league receiving extraordinarily high honors. 6/

"giving awards to children? they must be prostituting them!"
lol what a lunatic

I'm not doubting honeypots and political pedo blackmail rings etc. but I doubt they'd use their own young party members, if only because it seems like a huge security liability

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's funny because the Skripals were NOT poisoned by Russian agents, so for this tweet thread to assert that the guys trying to disprove the official story are "rapey" means they're taking aim at the likes of Yasha Levine and Mark Ames and Ben Norton and Craig Murray

so the russians didn't poison them? are there any theories on who did?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Excelzior posted:

"Why Do You Love Me"
"Breaking Up the Girl"
"Tell Me Where It Hurts"

“Girl Don’t Come”

:smugdon:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Doctor Jeep posted:

so the russians didn't poison them? are there any theories on who did?

quote:

Today the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) released the summary of a technical finding of the substance that allegedly injured Sergej and Yulia Skripal.

The British state media BBC headlines: Russian spy poisoning: Nerve agent inspectors back UK

The report itself does not holdup to the headline claim:

The international chemical weapons watchdog has confirmed the UK's analysis of the type of nerve agent used in the Russian ex-spy poisoning.

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons did not name the nerve agent as Novichok, but said it agreed with the UK's findings on its identity.

The British government accused Russia as having caused the incident with a 'nerve agent'. In no way does the OPCW confirm any of those claims. Its press release only states:

The results of the analysis by the OPCW designated laboratories of environmental and biomedical samples collected by the OPCW team confirm the findings of the United Kingdom relating to the identity of the toxic chemical that was used in Salisbury and severely injured three people.

Some unnamed 'toxic chemical' was found by Porton Down and the OPCW confirmed that Porton Down was correct in its chemical analysis.

Neither in its press statement nor in its public Summary Report (pdf) does the OPCW speak of finding a 'nerve agent'. But what is this 'toxic chemical'? Saxitoxin, a natural poison that causes Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) which would be consistent with the symptoms the Skripals showed shortly after eating a Risotto Pesce with mussels? Or some artificial agent designed as chemical weapon? Neither the OPCW nor Porton Down will say.

The BBC continues:

The OPCW does identify the toxic chemical by its complex formula but only in the classified report that has not been made public.

Early involvement of the OPCW, as demanded by Russia, was resisted by the British government. Only on March 14, ten days after the incident happened and two days after Prime Minister Theresa may had made accusations against Russia, did the British government invite the OPCW. Only on March 19, 15 days after the incident happen did the OPCW technical team arrive and took blood samples.

Nowhere does the OPCW support the British claims of a 'Novichok' nerve agent nor does it support the British accusations made against Russia.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/04/new-developments-in-the-skripal-drama-police-statement-opcw-report-release.html

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

and i guess the theory is the cop who went to the ICU was just freaking out and wasnt actually poisoned? (ala the cops "ODing" on fent because they touched a doorhandle)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

New lawsuit alleges leon black raped a woman in epsteins massage room in the ny townhouse in 2002

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Welp, if the GOP can't have it's kid rape clubs, it's gonna start killing kids.
https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1440054742323851269

No wait they're still sending them to rape camps lol
https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1440314243044151297

:d2a:

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
The fact that this is allowed to happen anywhere in this so-called country is because it's irredeemably evil and is being judged as such

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

staticman posted:

The fact that this is allowed to happen anywhere in this so-called country is because it's irredeemably evil and is being judged as such

well its not even gotten a committee vote yet and it only has one sponsor so its by no means a certainty to pass https://legiscan.com/TX/bill/SB28/2021/X3

but if it does pass, check to see how many democrats vote for it, you might be surprised (but not if you're itt)

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

staticman posted:

:d2a:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Greg Legg posted:

I managed to get though this thread over the weekend and I enjoyed reading it. I particularly enjoyed the coronavirus vaccine discussion.

https://twitter.com/StairsBe/status/1440093496950489090?s=20

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Don't know anything about that poisoning story but ames wrote the exile so he is rapey

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/teddyschleifer/status/1440464285927280650?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting