Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

metroid poo. metroid dreading to have to hear about this turd the nintendo loving dogs need to sniff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

American McGay posted:

Metroid 1 is the worst NES game ever made.

did you ever try kid icarus. that might have been worse

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

b_d posted:

did you ever try kid icarus. that might have been worse

kid icarus is good once you get past the second level and it gets better the further into it you get. all the fun parts are backloaded

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

That’s nothing. Have you heard of this Super Mario game. What a stinker

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

wormskull playing a single ice climbers level while the screams of hell build up

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ice Climber is a blight against god

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Ice Climbers invented the Smash technique of wobbling (illegal in 13 states). Disgusting creatures.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

i played it without a guide after beating fusion and zero mission and just wanting to play more metroid lol. when youre 12 years old youre more tolerant of that kind of opacity. metroid 1 is less tolerable because its super janky and has password saves.

The version of metroid 1 they packed in with zero mission lets you save normally and it kicks rear end. It's also a really short game once you know where you're going.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hemmorhoid: Zero Remission

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

American McGay posted:

Yep

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Am2r kicks rear end

copy
Jul 26, 2007

still remember my dad hollering triumphantly as he obliterated me at Arch Rivals on the nes. treasured nintendo memories. even bad nes games were good because of their weirdness/novelty

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

people have already mentioned ice climbers but there are also games like color a dinosaur (which doesn't even let you color the dinosaurs, really)

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
all euro nes games are the wrost (except nightshade)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
My fiancee loves ice climbers.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

how is color a dinosaur bad in any way.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Where's Waldo is up there for worst NES game (that I loved as a kid)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kirby’s Adventure was a good one

copy
Jul 26, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Kirby’s Adventure was a good one

really good. gave us meta knight and everything

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

how is color a dinosaur bad in any way.

you don't even get to color the dinosaur in. you just point at the area and the game colors it in for you. I don't think you even get to pick the color. granted, you can't fall in a tiny hole and get permanently stuck so that you have to restart without even getting the password, but that's only because the game doesnt even have password saves. the dinosaurs dont even try to eat you. total ripoff.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

you don't even get to color the dinosaur in. you just point at the area and the game colors it in for you. I don't think you even get to pick the color. granted, you can't fall in a tiny hole and get permanently stuck so that you have to restart without even getting the password, but that's only because the game doesnt even have password saves. the dinosaurs dont even try to eat you. total ripoff.

It sounds like the dinosaur starts uncoloured and through your actions becomes coloured. You colour a dinosaur.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

It sounds like the dinosaur starts uncoloured and through your actions becomes coloured. You colour a dinosaur.

nice try. if you point at a page in a dinosaur coloring book, and then I choose a crayon and fill in the section you pointed at, who colored the dinosaur? I think most people would agree it was me, and not you. the cartridge is coloring the dinosaur itself, forcing you into the role of a glorified spectator, like a meek toddler who can only ask someone else to play with his toys. Samus doesn't have to ask permission to use any of her cool weapons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

nice try. if you point at a page in a dinosaur coloring book, and then I choose a crayon and fill in the section you pointed at, who colored the dinosaur? I think most people would agree it was me, and not you. the cartridge is coloring the dinosaur itself, forcing you into the role of a glorified spectator, like a meek toddler who can only ask someone else to play with his toys. Samus doesn't have to ask permission to use any of her cool weapons.

Actually she does. Sounds you don't even know the lore.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fartlancer posted:

all euro nes games are the wrost (except nightshade)

don't forget gimmick and uforia/hebereke in 50hz, the wya god intended

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the worst NES game is all of the licensed movie games i rented from the video store as a kid...

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

scary ghost dog posted:

respsct to old metroid 2 heads who remember activating spider ball and bombing every wall and ceiling tile because you couldnt figure out where to go

trying to figure where the gently caress to go next got lil milk through a lot of long rear end car rides so it did its job i guess

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
it owned actually that licensed ip nes and snes games at least had a chance of being good, prior to the game boy color dark ages of tv and movie tie in games

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh yeah i remember renting a bunch of licensed snes games and the average quality being very high....

for me to poop on.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they had a chance of being good if they had konami, capcom, or sunsoft on the label otherwise they were bad :eng101: :science: and a lot of those were still bad, like festers quest or the first capcom micky game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

b_d posted:

oh yeah i remember renting a bunch of licensed snes games and the average quality being very high....

for me to poop on.

excuse me? ocean has a certified snes classic JellyBoy available on the switch right now and they had many more like judge dredd and robocop 3

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what kind of hosed up media property was jelly boy licensed from.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

what kind of hosed up media property was jelly boy licensed from.

It’s licensed from my rear end

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

had this game as a kid and it was definitely worse than metroid

great cover, though

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the adventures of abyou billy can kiss my dirahrrea donkey rear end!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

scary ghost dog posted:

what about this one

This game was published by a jazz record label that also put out cool promotional cassettes for their games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsiVHi22ZgI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

had this game as a kid and it was definitely worse than metroid

great cover, though

When I was a kid I hated how most Jaleco games had their company name on the NES cart end label instead of the name of the game. They were literally the only company that did that. I'm surprised Nintendo let them get away with it