Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardianmusic/status/1439816724946194439

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zil posted:

I understand sounding as a kink, but this is way too far.

you do?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/jamie86/status/1439794246622461952

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Wannabes. https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/dancer-isadora-duncan-is-killed-in-car-accident (September 14, so they were even a few days late with their attempt)

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I love this one so much, just because it doesn't give any indication of what he was watching on YT. Just watching YT -> urge to pull out people's teeth.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Lady Disdain posted:

I love this one so much, just because it doesn't give any indication of what he was watching on YT. Just watching YT -> urge to pull out people's teeth.

Would you rather a root canal with no numbing, or a root canal with numbing but some rando who watches youtube doing the procedure?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zil posted:

"Now I drink until I pass out and have a cat."

Everytime you wake up from a blackout stupor you have an additional cat?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The General posted:

Would you rather a root canal with no numbing, or a root canal with numbing but some rando who watches youtube doing the procedure?

A rando who killed one of his clients with sepsis. Hmmm. I'll just keep my teeth, is that an option?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

A rando who killed one of his clients with sepsis. Hmmm. I'll just keep my teeth, is that an option?

No. You need the root canal. :colbert:

The Lone Badger posted:

Everytime you wake up from a blackout stupor you have an additional cat?

Wait, that's not normal?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Edit: quote isn't edit.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1440107864249585670

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

We can make a movie about this. Two dumb thugs asked by the drug distributor to find food for a party for his 5 years old kid (or sex party, I have no idea what type of party has this KFC requirement more)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's just what you do, though. Everyone brings KFC when they go to Auckland, but you have to do it in moderation.

"Hold it right there, sir. KFC? Ok, decent size bag, good choice. You're free to go."

"Whoa nelly, put your hands on the wheel where I can see 'em, sir. That is a *lot* of KFC. Buuuuut, it checks out. Go on by."

"Dear lord... sir! SIR! Get out of the car, now! That is far too much KFC!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've never had fried chicken I couldn't enjoy and KFC is no exception but man if I opened a popeyes down there I'd probably make a mint

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The way americans talk up Popeye's makes me think that visiting my family would become a distant second priority once I tasted that forbidden fried chicken.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

By popular demand posted:

The way americans talk up Popeye's makes me think that visiting my family would become a distant second priority once I tasted that forbidden fried chicken.

It's ok

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It's still fast food. It's just categorically better than KFC.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1439953794918490112

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Minister, this is inappropriate! Inappropriately brilliant, that is!!! We'll start printing the ads mañana

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Too bad this type of vulcan will only last a few weeks.

Had this thing last a decent time, like a few years, some economy could have been build around that.

Who here, in honest mind, don't want to visit Turkmenistan?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/giant-hole-ground-has-been-fire-more-40-years-180951247/

Tei has a new favorite as of 14:59 on Sep 21, 2021

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

The best chicken places look like this. :colbert:

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Tei posted:

Too bad this type of vulcan will only last a few weeks.

Had this thing last a decent time, like a few years, some economy could have been build around that.

Who here, in honest mind, don't want to visit Turkmenistan?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/giant-hole-ground-has-been-fire-more-40-years-180951247/

Is that that weird country with the former dictator who named weekdays after his mother, hated smart people and had his dentist succeed him? If it is, no thanks.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Has anyone had that chicken from Heaven Sent in Washington? I've heard that's supposed to be some bomb rear end chicken.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Has anyone had that chicken from Heaven Sent in Washington? I've heard that's supposed to be some bomb rear end chicken.

What is rear end chicken?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's very good for fast food, yes

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

freeedr posted:

What is rear end chicken?
A relative of titty chicken

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I think people in the USA don't understand that first world countries have better quality control with food and thus think their KFC taste is universal. Thus a 'better than our KFC' standard is just regular KFC standard elsewhere.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

I think people in the USA don't understand that first world countries have better quality control with food and thus think their KFC taste is universal. Thus a 'better than our KFC' standard is just regular KFC standard elsewhere.

lmao

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Which chicken chain you prefer is mostly just about what kind you liked as a kid hth

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean he’s not wrong KFC is objectively worse in the US than anywhere else.

I don’t know why, I don’t think any other fast food chain is like that

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The KFCs I've lived near have uniformly been the most poo poo tier restaurants with terrible staff, even for low tier fast food. I think the US branch just doesn't give a poo poo about its franchises.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.
KFC totally went to poo poo sometime in the last 20 or so years. Not sure when it happened, but it’s very different than it used to be. I’m fairly certain that isn’t just due to me aging.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I probably haven't been to a KFC in a decade admittedly
The last time I did it was poo poo dairy queen tier but I assumed it was an isolated incident

I guess not

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

chglcu posted:

KFC totally went to poo poo sometime in the last 20 or so years. Not sure when it happened, but it’s very different than it used to be. I’m fairly certain that isn’t just due to me aging.

The Colonel died

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

chglcu posted:

Even in Harlan Sanders' lifetime it started to suck.

"Once in the kitchen, the colonel walked over to a vat full of frying chicken pieces and announced, 'That's much too black. It should be golden brown. You're frying for 12 minutes -- that's six minutes too long. What's more, your frying fat should have been changed a week ago. That's the worst fried chicken I've ever seen. Let me see your mashed potatoes with gravy, and how do you make them?"

When Mr. Singleton explained that he first mixed boiling water into the instant powdered potatoes, the colonel interrupted. "And then you have wallpaper paste," he said. "Next suppose you add some of this brown gravy stuff and then you have sludge." "There's no way anyone can get me to swallow those potatoes," he said after tasting some. "And this cole slaw. This cole slaw! They just won't listen to me. It should he chopped, not shredded, and it should be made with Miracle Whip. Anything else turns gray. And there should be nothing in it but cabbage. No carrots!"

He's later quoted saying:

"This ain't no goddam Tennessee Fried Chicken, no matter what some slick, silk-suited son-of-a-bitch says." "

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tennesseeans, hated enemies of the Kentuckers

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

They should have branded as Tennessee Fried Chicken from the start, so they could advertise as food made with Tender Fuckin' Care

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

Tennesseeans, hated enemies of the Kentuckers

They know who makes the better chicken

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

They should have branded as Tennessee Fried Chicken from the start, so they could advertise as food made with Tender Fuckin' Care

Every thread in PYF will eventually experience its own food derail, but yeah, honestly, chain fast food in America has gotten both more expensive in the last 10 years and, in my opinion, demonstrably worse almost across the board. I think the only chain food / takeout we still regularly get and enjoy is Domino's.

I thought it would be relatively easy to find some sort of chart, or a dedicated site, that tracks the course of fast food prices, but it's not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Y'all need some proper Döner.