Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

RFC2324 posted:

I currently waiting for our security team to remember that they told everyone to panic format our macs when the solarwinds thing happened so we have absolutely no mdm
Do you guys not have a MDM that supports Apple Business Manager? I haven't actually used this capability yet but my understanding was that any remotely modern Mac could have MDM profiles pushed to it the moment it connects to the internet similarly to an iOS device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

wolrah posted:

Do you guys not have a MDM that supports Apple Business Manager? I haven't actually used this capability yet but my understanding was that any remotely modern Mac could have MDM profiles pushed to it the moment it connects to the internet similarly to an iOS device.

At a guess this will be what they do once they figure it out, but if we have actual IT i will be surprised, and the security team is so busy trying to get our core product to pass the regulators that they probably haven't even thought about all the remote endpoints. We were not a remote company prior to the pandemic (tho it looks like we aren't going back to the office)

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

wolrah posted:

It exists and is awesome

until you remember that unless you bought the Macs through the business/school account it's an absolutely nightmare to get them added to ABM/ASM for MDMing

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
When you MDM macOS devices, what is your goal to even do? I feel like that is the million dollar question that I can't get a census on.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sickening posted:

When you MDM macOS devices, what is your goal to even do? I feel like that is the million dollar question that I can't get a census on.

Cry, mostly.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Sickening posted:

tick auditor boxes

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Buff Hardback posted:

until you remember that unless you bought the Macs through the business/school account it's an absolutely nightmare to get them added to ABM/ASM for MDMing

boy isnt this the loving truth

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Proud Christian Mom posted:

boy isnt this the loving truth

on the plus side it turns the “pretty please can you turn off activation lock” hour long phone call with Apple support into an easy one click setting

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Sickening posted:

It's mostly not infosec related.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sickening posted:

I’ve not touched this in some time, but user de/provisioning, SSO, deploying software, enforcing patching - the usuals no? How would you manage a fleet if not via MDM?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Buff Hardback posted:

It exists and is awesome

This is absolute truth.

Sickening posted:

The Iron Rose posted:

I’ve not touched this in some time, but user de/provisioning, SSO, deploying software, enforcing patching - the usuals no? How would you manage a fleet if not via MDM?

That, pretty much.

edit: we use Munki for MDM, an Open Source nightmare, rather than JAMF, because it's "free", and our CIO and his VP are loving cheapskates. Worse, ONE guy manages it, from the Czech Republic. We've complained endlessly about the lag in service this results in, and the "bus factor" of one on this system, but all to no avail. Overall, I like where I work, but there are just some decisions that make me weep.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 21, 2021

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Ransomware + SharePoint Online question. Is getting document libraries ransomwared a thing in any scenario other than "user synced the whole library and their endpoint got ransomware"? Like if someone's credentials are compromised, ransomware isn't the likely next step right?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Not a thing I’ve ever heard of. Without admin credentials there isn’t any way to wipe the version history and restoration from a ransomware event would be straightforward.

But, like you said, users that get popped can sync libraries up. And while recovery is straightforward it’s not a fun experience.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I'm trying to find the source file for an online stream, and it's been years since I've done this but it used to work with Wireshark. Anyways, I'm fumbling around with Wireshark and this address https://www.pbsfm.org.au/program/babylon-burning/2021-09-11/17-00-00, but I'm beginning to think they've started hiding it in some encrypted foshizzle. I've looked at the conversation statistics, isolated what I think is the relevant IP, but I don't know I'm not finding anything. Maybe I just forgot how to do it.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

busalover posted:

I'm trying to find the source file for an online stream, and it's been years since I've done this but it used to work with Wireshark. Anyways, I'm fumbling around with Wireshark and this address https://www.pbsfm.org.au/program/babylon-burning/2021-09-11/17-00-00, but I'm beginning to think they've started hiding it in some encrypted foshizzle. I've looked at the conversation statistics, isolated what I think is the relevant IP, but I don't know I'm not finding anything. Maybe I just forgot how to do it.

https://emit-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/pbs/babylon-burning/2021/09/11/1700/202109111700_babylon-burning_64.m4a

You are likely not MITMing traffic appropriately with TLS unpack/repack with your own CA (or not at all). Just hit F12 in your browser

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/0xAmit/status/1440664348653875213?s=20

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

HTTP Basic authentication in TYOOL 2021? smdh...

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
That's bad. If MFA is enabled, would that prevent a breach from this defect alone?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Ynglaur posted:

That's bad. If MFA is enabled, would that prevent a breach from this defect alone?

I believe so, at least will prevent automatically getting exploited.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

to be fair, if you aren't plastic wrapping exchange within another security / mdm product and using mfa, lmao lol

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Biowarfare posted:

https://emit-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/pbs/babylon-burning/2021/09/11/1700/202109111700_babylon-burning_64.m4a

You are likely not MITMing traffic appropriately with TLS unpack/repack with your own CA (or not at all). Just hit F12 in your browser

Oh yeah, I definitely didn't do that. They must have added crypto during their website redesign.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lol

https://twitter.com/ido_cohen2/status/1439863554606305286
https://twitter.com/ddd1ms/status/1441044423798820889
https://twitter.com/ddd1ms/status/1440766066871848966

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The thought of their being support agents for ransomware is a very dark lol for me.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I'm being told that the support you receive, once you've coughed up the money, to get your files back, is second to none.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's straight-up run like a business now. I guess most of their "clients" are companies so putting on B2B airs makes them more comfortable parting with their money, maybe?

bolind posted:

I'm being told that the support you receive, once you've coughed up the money, to get your files back, is second to none.

Gotta meet that value prop

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
How long until Ransomware as a Service starts trying to upsell their customers with Silver, Gold, and Platinum plans

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

klosterdev posted:

How long until Ransomware as a Service starts trying to upsell their customers with Silver, Gold, and Platinum plans

Silver: Pledge not to release data, but no recovery key
Gold: No release, recovery key provided
Platinum: No release, recovery key provided, bonus archive of data from competitor/company in same sector that chose not to pay

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Contact us for consulting related to decrypting, including help with prioritizing, rollout and communications.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/BleepinComputer/status/1441451996632997890?s=20

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Did they fix it in office 365 then "rushed to fix it" in exchange?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Reminds me of this guy who bought domains early and noticed that corp.com was used as a fun default in Windows: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/02/dangerous-domain-corp-com-goes-up-for-sale/

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Three more Apple 0-Days with additional drama.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/09/three-ios-0-days-revealed-by-researcher-frustrated-with-apples-bug-bounty/

quote:

Yesterday, a security researcher who goes by illusionofchaos dropped public notice of three zero-day vulnerabilities in Apple's iOS mobile operating system. The vulnerability disclosures are mixed in with the researcher's frustration with Apple's Security Bounty program, which illusionofchaos says chose to cover up an earlier-reported bug without giving them credit.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

When you have infinite cash this kind of poo poo just reeks of incompetence.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

For those of you who do internal pen tests of your companies product how well versed are you in the actual usage of the product itself if it's not a commonly used thing?

For example: I know enough about how the architecture fits together to make guesses about stuff and then double check it versus the code in the git repo before wasting time on trying to figure out a proof of concept exploit, but if you asked me to install or operate the product how its supposed to be installed and operated in the wild from a customers POV I'd just kind of shrug.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Defenestrategy posted:

For those of you who do internal pen tests of your companies product how well versed are you in the actual usage of the product itself if it's not a commonly used thing?

For example: I know enough about how the architecture fits together to make guesses about stuff and then double check it versus the code in the git repo before wasting time on trying to figure out a proof of concept exploit, but if you asked me to install or operate the product how its supposed to be installed and operated in the wild from a customers POV I'd just kind of shrug.

I don't make products per se, but we have great DOM mutation metrics and the insight into how people use our hosted applications is a huge value add for our clients:
1) "User in ticket #123456 claims they don't know what happened, they absolutely do know, we see they mistook how they view works, again"
2) "User claims there's an issue blocking productivity; they never bothered to get as far as they're claiming / there are other receipts discrediting their assignment of blame that "just worked the next morning"
3) "here's how people go through the app, keystroke by keystrokes"

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Potato Salad posted:

I don't make products per se, but we have great DOM mutation metrics and the insight into how people use our hosted applications is a huge value add for our clients:
1) "User in ticket #123456 claims they don't know what happened, they absolutely do know, we see they mistook how they view works, again"
2) "User claims there's an issue blocking productivity; they never bothered to get as far as they're claiming / there are other receipts discrediting their assignment of blame that "just worked the next morning"
3) "here's how people go through the app, keystroke by keystrokes"
LMAO waking up and choosing violence, EVERY. DAY.

gallop w/a boner
Aug 16, 2002

Hell Gem
Is anyone familiar with Azure Active Directory Service Principal Objects aka Enterprise Applications?

Odd question that has been posed to me by my org's security team.

My organization has an Enterprise App defined with our Azure AD tenant. This allows for single sign-on to a SaaS application. Standard thing, I am sure most orgs have dozens of these for Salesforce, Atlassian etcetera. This is an OpenID style SSO, not SAML (you cannot control the claims etc).

When an admin consents to this app, it is granted the Graph Directory.Read.All permission. AFAIK this allows it to read all user attributes with AzureAD. I am being asked if it is possible to prevent the application from reading some of these attributes.

Imagine we had a user's car licence plate number stored in an attribute of AzureAD, could we deny the SaaS application reading that via Graph API, even though we have granted Directory.Read.All?

I suppose the equivalent within traditional on-prem infrastructure would be create an AD user object to use as a service account, and then use an ACL to prevent it from reading certain AD attributes.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

gallop w/a boner posted:

Is anyone familiar with Azure Active Directory Service Principal Objects aka Enterprise Applications?

Odd question that has been posed to me by my org's security team.

My organization has an Enterprise App defined with our Azure AD tenant. This allows for single sign-on to a SaaS application. Standard thing, I am sure most orgs have dozens of these for Salesforce, Atlassian etcetera. This is an OpenID style SSO, not SAML (you cannot control the claims etc).

When an admin consents to this app, it is granted the Graph Directory.Read.All permission. AFAIK this allows it to read all user attributes with AzureAD. I am being asked if it is possible to prevent the application from reading some of these attributes.

Imagine we had a user's car licence plate number stored in an attribute of AzureAD, could we deny the SaaS application reading that via Graph API, even though we have granted Directory.Read.All?

I suppose the equivalent within traditional on-prem infrastructure would be create an AD user object to use as a service account, and then use an ACL to prevent it from reading certain AD attributes.

There’s a flag in powershell that will disable all users ability to read other users data in azure ad. It is set tenant wide though, so may have larger implications for you.

E: Set-MsolCompanySettings -UsersPermissionToReadOtherUsersEnabled $false

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I've been at my current place (a MSSP) for 6 years now and starting to feel like I should move on, especially with how hot the job market apparently is. I've done a lot of firewall management work with a steady progression in job titles over the years, and more recently a TAM sort of role that includes some light threat hunting and IR. Trouble is, I'm having a failure of imagination in what sort of roles I should look for now. Sometimes I think I'd like to do sales engineering since I enjoy talking to customers, have a decent technical background and the potential income of commission sounds appealing, and other times I feel like I should move more into some sort of more cloud focused role since that seems to be future. Happy to share my resume if anyone would be willing to take a look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

rafikki posted:

I've been at my current place (a MSSP) for 6 years now and starting to feel like I should move on, especially with how hot the job market apparently is. I've done a lot of firewall management work with a steady progression in job titles over the years, and more recently a TAM sort of role that includes some light threat hunting and IR. Trouble is, I'm having a failure of imagination in what sort of roles I should look for now. Sometimes I think I'd like to do sales engineering since I enjoy talking to customers, have a decent technical background and the potential income of commission sounds appealing, and other times I feel like I should move more into some sort of more cloud focused role since that seems to be future. Happy to share my resume if anyone would be willing to take a look at it.

Are you interested in cloud architecture of any kind?