Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

indigi posted:

I had a friend who whenever he came up to a red light that had emergency sensors on it would start flashing his high beams to try to trick it into changing. it never worked. then he developed a form of cancer only 4 people in the US have ever had and died. owned

cars ----------------------------> very rare cancer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

I’m walking to work right now. it’s about a mile and a half but it’s a beautiful day. I will jaywalk with impunity and maybe even try some anti-car slurs out along the way. got any good ones??

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Never hit anyone biking and I signal always. Unlike the average driver lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i slipped on a flooded low water crossing once and that's the only time i've hurt myself or others in about fifteen thousand miles of biking. people on mixed-use paths get extremely freaked out if they're in the middle or wrong side of the walk and i have to pass awkwardly. i have a loud-rear end bell but it's not gonna overcome earbuds plus instagram

is it annoying to mount a bluetooth to a bike? i used to blast music while exercising so i wouldn't have to wear earbuds and people actually paid attention to me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

i say swears online posted:

i slipped on a flooded low water crossing once and that's the only time i've hurt myself or others in about fifteen thousand miles of biking. people on mixed-use paths get extremely freaked out if they're in the middle or wrong side of the walk and i have to pass awkwardly. i have a loud-rear end bell but it's not gonna overcome earbuds plus instagram

is it annoying to mount a bluetooth to a bike? i used to blast music while exercising so i wouldn't have to wear earbuds and people actually paid attention to me

it seems fine on a bike, I can’t stand it when people do it at the loving gym though

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Aw yeah, its finally cool enough that I can walk pretty much any distance without overheating

Motor vehicles swerve, pedestrian coming through

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

it seems fine on a bike, I can’t stand it when people do it at the loving gym though

oh my god people do that indoors? lmao isn't there already music blaring from the ceiling at most places?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Man Musk posted:

intersection of car covid conspiracy theory threads (skip to 40 seconds)

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1377053373212528641

this is a pedestrian with a bicycle

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
my favorite intersections on bike are the ones with pressure plates that won't ever trigger if you're the only person there. they're perfect during off hours, you can either get off your bike and go hit the beg button on the sidewalk, run the red light, or sit there forever. anyway, the only mode of transportation that exists when designing traffic systems is cars.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh my god people do that indoors? lmao isn't there already music blaring from the ceiling at most places?

yes there's already music playing. it's one of the human behaviors I'm fully unable to comprehend. just get bluetooth headphones you dork

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

you can also just dig and put the parking under the earth. but that’s far less preferable to good public transit

that sounds expensive. How about I just externalize everything instead?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Polo-Rican posted:

another brain problem among drivers is being completely unable to differentiate "unsafe" and "annoying." you may find a bike on the sidewalk annoying, but you can look up the numbers - the number of pedestrians actually injured by bikes is so low it's practically nonexistent. most bikes (especially on sidewalks) are going like 4mph and weigh 15 pounds. if you go to a country like the netherlands or japan, bikes and pedestrians share sidewalks constantly and nobody blinks an eye

Does the bike drive itself around? Does the bike actually weigh 14lbs 15oz, and the rider is a 1oz bird??

Anyway my wife was hit by a bike going the wrong way down a one-way street in brooklyn because bikers are entitled shits that are complete oblivious exactly like car people. Hell cars are actually safer since if you are on the sidewalk you will never see a car coming toward you and expecting you to move.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

we should replace all intersections with roundabouts btw, just because people can't fly through them at 90 mph

we have a few around here and it's much less stressful

of course the roundabout will have a machine gun on it to blow up any cars that come near it

car problem solved

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Does the bike drive itself around? Does the bike actually weigh 14lbs 15oz, and the rider is a 1oz bird??

Anyway my wife was hit by a bike going the wrong way down a one-way street in brooklyn because bikers are entitled shits that are complete oblivious exactly like car people. Hell cars are actually safer since if you are on the sidewalk you will never see a car coming toward you and expecting you to move.

cry more about bikes in the car thread lmao

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

actionjackson posted:

we should replace all intersections with roundabouts btw, just because people can't fly through them at 90 mph

we have a few around here and it's much less stressful

of course the roundabout will have a machine gun on it to blow up any cars that come near it

car problem solved

roundabouts whip rear end

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

bikes. they're good

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

actionjackson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv8vVU2bEh0

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
All the bike complainers are big time projecting. The fringe case bicycle pedestrian collisions happen because both cyclists and pedestrians are forced into sharing a smaller space

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hell cars are actually safer

Lmao the pure strain car brain

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
yes, if you’re on the sidewalk you’ll never see the car coming toward you because you’ll already be dead

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ban oblivious assholes no matter their mode of transportation.

And cars as well, obviously.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

SKULL.GIF posted:

"passing on your left!" *bikes glides smoothly past a pedestrian*

"AAAA! AAAAAAA! I AM BEING ENDANGERED!!! WHERE'S MY METAL CAGE?"

Yeah this is where a ton of anti bike bullshit comes from.

I’ve seen this dumb nonsense so many times I bought a Japanese bike bell with a beautiful, calming sound so I could melodiously warn pedestrians on multiuse paths from dozens of yards away.

They still jump and glare daggers like riding by them at like ten miles an hour makes bicyclists an existential threat

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

grate deceiver posted:

oh yeah, then how do you explain this

Hot.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
*Put on noise canceling headphones*
*Blast OK, Computer*
*Jump on my fixie and immediately blow through a stop-sign, cutting the curb through the group of pedestrians and strollers waiting to cross at the light.*
Ring bike bell like 50times, geez they should be paying attention to me.
*Salmon up the street totally oblivious to everything not in my immediate eyesight.*
Apparently some dumb ape is screaming at me.
Cars flashing their lights at me.
"heh, stupid cars, they should be watching where I'm going."
Take another abrupt unsignaled turn onto another one-way street coming from literally the only direction that no-one should expect anything to come from.
Slam into a mother and her children.
"This fringe case bicycle-pedestrian collision happened because both cyclists and pedestrians are forced into sharing a smaller space."

Anyway, trains are the truth and the light.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

*Blast OK, Computer*
*Jump on my fixie and immediately blow through a stop-sign, cutting the curb through the group of pedestrians and strollers waiting to cross at the light.*
Ring bike bell like 50times, geez they should be paying attention to me.
*Salmon up the street totally oblivious to everything not in my immediate eyesight.*
Apparently some dumb ape is screaming at me.
Cars flashing their lights at me.
"heh, stupid cars, they should be watching where I'm going."
Take another abrupt unsignaled turn onto another one-way street coming from literally the only direction that no-one should expect anything to come from.
Slam into a mother and her children.
"This fringe case bicycle-pedestrian collision happened because both cyclists and pedestrians are forced into sharing a smaller space."

Wow sounds like you shouldn’t be trusted with a bike. Or like an insane parody of a bicyclist created by a deranged moron. Hard to say which.

:thunk:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Anyway super cool that as usual anything against cars is derailed into a discussion of how once while walking to their cars boomer brained motorists didn’t get the deference they believe they deserve and therefore bicyclists are monsters. Super cool. Good job.

Crush all cars embrace multimodal thought (to include bikes!)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

walking: good

cycling: good

riding the bus: good

driving yourself in your 2 ton steel mobility cage: not good, should be got rid of

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Literally just posting baby boomer facebook memes

Loucks
May 21, 2007

be kind. asolt is still mad about not being allowed to say the slurs anymore.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Manslaughtered

Manslaughtered

Manslaughtered

None of you are free of car

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

may he without bike honk the first horn

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Loucks posted:

be kind. asolt is still mad about not being allowed to say the slurs anymore.

Shut the gently caress up retard. Slurs have always been allowed in cspam though one time some mod started to concern troll about the word "bitch" being used.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

amazing how little solidarity there is in this thread about hating cars. car culture truly is everywhere

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Polo-Rican posted:

Literally just posting baby boomer facebook memes

I'm just translating my lived NYC experience for people itt that are unware. Plus don't try to tell me you haven't seen a brooklyn cyclist with noise cancelling headphones on.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

lobster shirt posted:

walking: good

cycling: good

riding the bus: good

driving yourself in your 2 ton steel mobility cage: not good, should be got rid of

Buses are part of car culture and should be replaced asap.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Loucks posted:

I’ve seen this dumb nonsense so many times I bought a Japanese bike bell with a beautiful, calming sound so I could melodiously warn pedestrians on multiuse paths from dozens of yards away.

They still jump and glare daggers like riding by them at like ten miles an hour makes bicyclists an existential threat

lmao that was my post above. i got the brass crane bell, you?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Loucks posted:

an insane parody of a bicyclist created by a deranged moron

austin city councilman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUfXujs8Abs

i love that the guy sitting in traffic, screaming at the cyclist, is the good guy

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Loucks posted:

Pedestrians are easily frightened because they have been conditioned to be scared of 2000 pound metal machines turning them into paste. I've had people get spooked just running by them because I'm quiet. Now I jingle my keys when I'm passing people like I'm a cat with a bell on my collar so the scared pedestrians know I'm coming.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

austin city councilman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUfXujs8Abs

i love that the guy sitting in traffic, screaming at the cyclist, is the good guy

god absolutely incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

thetan_guy42 posted:

All the bike complainers are big time projecting. The fringe case bicycle pedestrian collisions happen because both cyclists and pedestrians are forced into sharing a smaller space

nobody’s forcing anyone to bike on the sidewalk. if you feel safer on the sidewalk get off the bike and walk with it