Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Greenwald reminded me of one of the more troubling dystopia things in the recent past that we never got closure on

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1440318484592807952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nobody who's buying teslas is getting shot by police

Getting a car loan doesn't make someone "rich"

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mistermojo posted:

I watched a documentary about this and it was messed up, the two girls were coached and tricked into doing this as some kind of youtube prank and were sentenced and put in prison (next to each other at least) waiting to be executed. then one of them was released because Indonesia made a deal while the other had to stay for a while before being finally let out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C8Ryd3H9i8

yeah... it's really amazing what you can do to a human mind if you have absolutely no morals

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
oh hey, i have an av

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lollontee posted:

oh hey, i have an av

pretty nice one

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
nice horse.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Vox Nihili posted:

Getting a car loan doesn't make someone "rich"

No no, I think OP may be onto something here.

Pigs see a Tesla and they know the driver is every bit as brain-damaged as themselves. Would it work for black motorists??

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tubgoat posted:

Pigs see a Tesla and they know the driver is every bit as brain-damaged as themselves. Would it work for black motorists??

Silly, A Black could never afford a Tesla, he obviously stole it, and the fingerprint-free handgun and baggie of weed on the floorboard of the car would obviously prove He Was No Angel.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

Getting pulled over by the police for driving a car that's "too nice" or "reported stolen" is a thing.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao at anyone stealing a Tesla.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Tubgoat posted:

Lmao at anyone stealing a Tesla.

its actually pretty easy if you have a radio relay that can reach where the fob is

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
It's easy to drink motor oil but why would you want to.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

It's easy to drink motor oil but why would you want to.

Its not hard.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I disagree; it is my opinion that it is hard to want to drink motor oil.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

lollontee posted:

so, do irredeemable predators wearing human skin actually exist then?

I don't think anyone disputes that the rich exist

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tubgoat posted:

sorry its olive oil, but he is in a car garage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttC7KbE_uDo

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

I hate this planet.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Skulk Hogan posted:

I hate this planetcapitalists.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Decode your dog and face to dystopia

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Cant wait to get arrested because i let a future burglar pet my dog.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
DARE YOU DECODE YOUR DOG?!?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Can I digivolve my dog yet

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

tokin opposition posted:

Can I digivolve my dog yet
unfortunately it turns out it's 25% pit and carriers the "Reaper Gene". we have attached a discount code for Undogglr, the only crowdsourced euthanasia program that accepts Ethereum

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Screening your dog for genetic health issues doesn't seem too bad but I imagine this company is doing something shady right?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
dog race science

dog phrenology

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

linking you to/selling your data to breeders

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
How am I supposed to know if my dog will evolve if dog fighting is illegal?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Getting those perfect dog IVs

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Blockade posted:

Screening your dog for genetic health issues doesn't seem too bad but I imagine this company is doing something shady right?

Dog DNA tests are mostly used by people that put their dogs in competitions (show dogs, agility, etc) and breeders, bother using it as a way to prove the dog is purebred. At least that's my understanding? That and probably people with rescue mutts who want to know what kind of mix their dog really is.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah that's what they told arnold, that they'd just take a sample of his dog's DNA and nothing bad would happen and then all of a sudden BAM, he's been cloned and is being hunted by assassins

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

bark64 isn’t encryption

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CodfishCartographer posted:

Dog DNA tests are mostly used by people that put their dogs in competitions (show dogs, agility, etc) and breeders, bother using it as a way to prove the dog is purebred. At least that's my understanding? That and probably people with rescue mutts who want to know what kind of mix their dog really is.

I imagine it might be useful if your mixed breed mutt vaguely resembles an "aggressive breed" and you want something to show the HOA or municipal dog licence folks that he's not a locally restricted breed.

e: Or it might not. Plenty of white rear end people with plenty of pictures of their white rear end ancestors get clocked as like 3% Polynesian and 2% West African or whatever. Who knows what the dog version turns up.

Facebook Aunt has issued a correction as of 09:32 on Sep 23, 2021

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Those same white rear end people are the ones who buy dog DNA tests because they have a burning need to know exactly what breed their dog is.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rutibex posted:

sorry its olive oil, but he is in a car garage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttC7KbE_uDo

lmao at the pain aftermath since Olive Oil in massive amounts basically becomes a laxative.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

etalian posted:

lmao at the pain aftermath since Olive Oil in massive amounts basically becomes a laxative.

Man's gonna be leaking from every orifice on his body and get acne.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

Those same white rear end people are the ones who buy dog DNA tests because they have a burning need to know exactly what breed their dog is.

remember with Liz Warren took a dna test to prove she is 0.0000005% Native American and her campaign felt like this was a big win

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

a cyberpunk goose posted:

remember with Liz Warren took a dna test to prove she is 0.0000005% Native American and her campaign felt like this was a big win
but what breed is her dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

Blockade posted:

quote:

A Chicago-based NBC station sent one reporter’s DNA to a handful of home DNA tests to compare the results. And just for kicks, they also sent a sample of DNA from Bailey, a Labrador retriever (it’s unclear who Bailey’s owner is is, but we’re pretty sure Bailey is a very good girl).

While most companies returned the sample as unreadable, one called Orig3n DNA didn’t seem to notice. Instead, they sent back a 7-page report praising Bailey’s cardiac output and muscle force, and recommending that she work with a personal trainer.
https://futurism.com/neoscope/home-genetics-test-dog-human

this was a human DNA test kit. the animal ones are even less regulated.