Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

dk2m posted:

I was scolded by a Target employee for not wearing one and I actually argued with them that they’re the irresponsible ones

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Tagichatn posted:

I'm waiting on Rick to give me a sign to take the vaccine.

For some reason I thought of the Rick from Pawn Stars, who I'm pretty sure is an ultra-chud.

Rick: Hey, what have you got there?

Moderna: A highly effective vaccine for Covid-19.

Rick: What are you looking to get for it?

Moderna: Absolutely nothing, completely free, you can just have it.

Rick: You know, that's just really not my wheelhouse, let me call someone who knows a bit more about this kind of stuff, they're right up the road if you can hang out for a little.

Moderna: Yeah, okay.

Director of Infectious Disease at the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada: Hey there, Rick! What are we looking at?

Rick: A vaccine for Covid-19, what can you tell me about it?

Director: Oh, yeah, this has been studied very well for efficacy and safety, anyone that can get their hands on this, should.

Rick: Alright thanks for dropping by.

Moderna: Thank you doctor.

Rick: So what were you looking to get for it again?

Moderna: Nothing, you can just have it. Just take it.

Rick: You know, I don't think this is really for me, but I'll make you an offer. The best I can do is :horsedrugs:.

*Curb Your Enthusiasm theme plays*

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

dk2m posted:

I don’t it’s that simplistic - the CDC and WHO were playing it ultra safe and didn’t have a strong message at the onset. There was never really any scenario where Trump didn’t gently caress everything up, but it’s easy to forget respected institutions like the CDC seemed entirely caught off guard on even simple things like mask usage which Asian countries were, at the time, implementing on a wide spread basis as had massive consensus on.

Ultimately did it matter that trumps half hearted attempts at suggesting mask usage were shot down? Probably not, he was never going to be on the same page as the scientific community but maybe if he didn’t get immediately dogpiled about it at the start, it would be “normal” and not part of the culture war, but I have no proof of that.

He wasn't dog piled on mask usage though, he was dog piled on having everyone wear scarves instead of masks

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

There's a really good documentary on the early Tormp response called Totally Under Control that goes into the many, many ways that the administration hosed up in every possible way.

This came out back in October of last year, and we know so many more things now. That whole crew—particularly his shithead family—should be in prison at best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ktU4WRfzM

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pinecone Sample posted:

This country has not had the production capacity to make anything it needs in emergencies or for daily use for 30 or 40 years. Trump did nothing to reverse that, of course, though his voters think he did, or would when he kept America great the second time, or whatever.

Trump was explicitly disinterested in using Defense Production Act at any point in the pandemic. Before, during, after, because of, or in spite of knowing how bad it would get or had gotten.

After it was too late and the federal government realized it had done nothing to prepare, the surgeon general et al. chose a calculated lie in an attempt to control mask availability: that masks only work if you've gone to medical school, because hospital staff dying was gonna be very bad, and if the rest of us didn't touch our face, it was gonna be all right.

But it turned out, it was not just the flu.

Why is this conversation being had? We were all here through it.

There was never any supply chain disruption in toilet paper and yet it was hard as hell to come by for a time. Same with a variety of foods, and one that particularly chaffed me: flour (because I know the idiots buying it all never actually used it). I can sorta understand the cdc's approach there, they'd have been off the shelves in a weekend because panic buyers are stupid assholes that will always pick the mutually destructive option.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

ArbitraryC posted:

There was never any supply chain disruption in toilet paper and yet it was hard as hell to come by for a time. Same with a variety of foods, and one that particularly chaffed me: flour (because I know the idiots buying it all never actually used it). I can sorta understand the cdc's approach there, they'd have been off the shelves in a weekend because panic buyers are stupid assholes that will always pick the mutually destructive option.

Somewhat agree, but I am pretty sure most of that was actually supply chain disruption, or kinks in it that you are not considering. For example, a lot of pooping was done at school, work, train stations, until it suddenly was all being done at home. If you are a janitorial supplies contractor to a hundred school districts in a metro area, and all of the schools are closed, how do you get sandpaper-grade asswipes into a wholesale club in a matter of weeks? You don't. You sit on inventory. Would consumers have bought literal bags of handsoap, or known what to do with them? Probably not. And then with food, you don't even have time.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Toilet paper was an interesting case because there really was a shortage, specifically for the consumer varieties that people use at home. There were plenty of big rolls that you can find in office buildings. This turned into panic buying exacerbating the problem

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

Toilet paper was an interesting case because there really was a shortage, specifically for the consumer varieties that people use at home. There were plenty of big rolls that you can find in office buildings. This turned into panic buying exacerbating the problem

I've heard this before, but was this ever backed up by anything? I mean here in WA which had a pretty tight shutdown all things considered really only had any substantial rules for a month before every business realized they could ignore them and opened back up at "25% capacity" and even then those that got to stay home were largely white collar office workers which are by no means the majority of the workforce. Beyond that you're only at work/school for a fraction of a week, less than 25% by hours, so did people's home usage realistically go by 200% because of their afternoon weekday dump was now at home or did a supply chain that was built around a pretty predictable usage schedule just get absolutely nuked by people buying an order of magnitude more than they needed?

Around here you had old people going to costco everyday to buy the packs of toilet paper during the hour that was meant to protect them lmao. Literally wrapped around the block with geriatrics for the first month of "lockdown".

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Home usage doesn't have to go up by 200% to produce shortages. How much wiggle room do you think supply chains have?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Stickman posted:

Home usage doesn't have to go up by 200% to produce shortages. How much wiggle room do you think supply chains have?

I drive past a costco on my way into work everyday, it did not usually have lines that wrapped all the way around the parking lot before open, but it did have them during the initial panic buying rush when lockdown was announced. I'm sure people's buying habits in general changed in legitimate ways, but the picked clean shelves were a result of everyday looking like black friday door busters rather than a couple extra shits at home per week. Indeed my wife spent the entire year following the initial shutdowns working from home and I had the first month off via furlough and we never ran out of toilet paper despite not panic buying a bunch because you don't just suddenly start going through costco packs of it per week when you hear news about stores running low on it.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pinecone Sample posted:

After it was too late and the federal government realized it had done nothing to prepare, the surgeon general et al. chose a calculated lie in an attempt to control mask availability: that masks only work if you've gone to medical school, because hospital staff dying was gonna be very bad, and if the rest of us didn't touch our face, it was gonna be all right.

But it turned out, it was not just the flu.

Why is this conversation being had? We were all here through it.

I don't know! Is this gaslighting? Some toddlers born in 2021 already posting on the forums?

"Trump would be doing better than Biden" is the worst take, unless it's trolling, in which case uhhh good job I guess

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
joke answer, white american diets are poo poo and lack fiber, so when they tried these prepper bean dishes, their normal GI microbiome was like "poo poo"

ArbitraryC posted:

I wonder if its possible to detect the carbon cost of all the meat and produce that got thrown away by those dumb panic buyers.

Also I hate that this universe has soooooo many adults make life decisions/choice based on what an adult comedy cartoon tells them. (talking about the Family Guy vac thing. jfc)

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I bought a bidet and a box of toilet paper in February last year, and I just used the last of the toilet paper this week! Every wholesale club member deciding, "I should get one box now" including some of us who might not have needed a box for another year can totally wipe out the supply. I think most people were just trying to be a little prudent after it was a little too late, and couldn't, and they were frustrated, and they do not want to believe that neither the invisible hand nor the government can't make this all right, and we imagined these price gougers and hoarders as the real problem.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Bidets rule.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1440829359921586179?s=20

edit: Peter Hotez said on an interview recently that he would recommend anyone older than 40 to get a booster, but it was not his decision to make... just sayin

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

I drive past a costco on my way into work everyday, it did not usually have lines that wrapped all the way around the parking lot before open, but it did have them during the initial panic buying rush when lockdown was announced. I'm sure people's buying habits in general changed in legitimate ways, but the picked clean shelves were a result of everyday looking like black friday door busters rather than a couple extra shits at home per week. Indeed my wife spent the entire year following the initial shutdowns working from home and I had the first month off via furlough and we never ran out of toilet paper despite not panic buying a bunch because you don't just suddenly start going through costco packs of it per week when you hear news about stores running low on it.

Right, but the panic-buying was triggered by a real shortage caused by flimsy supply chains tuned to predictable patterns of demand. People didn't just start panic-buying toilet paper for no reason. At the time you could even still buy the big rolls of office building toilet paper online - people in this thread even talked about how they had done that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The vocab term for the razor thin supply chain model of today is called Just In Time.

Like why waste money on warehouses when nothing bad happens and-*bad thing happens*

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

PhazonLink posted:

Also I hate that this universe has soooooo many adults make life decisions/choice based on what an adult comedy cartoon tells them. (talking about the Family Guy vac thing. jfc)

I mean, honestly, look at that obnoxious 2009 South Park episode where they arbitrarily redefine the word "fag" to not mean gay people anymore. I have had to endure so many straight guys saying, in all seriousness, "listen it's okay for me to call people that because it doesn't mean you're GAY, it just means you're ANNOYING, two straight guys who made a lovely cartoon said so! I'm not homophobic!".

If that bullshit endured for like a straight decade, then who knows? Maybe Family Guy doing a vaccine PSA will make some people jump the fence. It's kind of brilliant, if you think about it. Maybe we can get the Rick & Morty guys on board for Rick delivering a minute long monologue tearing into vaccine hesitancy arguments. Then you get a bunch of Reddit centrists who treat Rick like their hero getting into fights with their Facebook aunts and posting Rick & Morty gifs as unironic rebuttals.

Maybe eventually some people get so tired of Rick & Morty that they agree to get vaccinated :confuoot:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Scaevolus posted:

We had our second child in August 2020, which COVID made crappy in predictable ways, but at least it wasn't affecting pregnant women that much.

Delta is terrifying.

once again this follows the perfect MO of the chuds

Child death? Good. But you know what's bad? someone telling you to get back to work

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Producer for the Emmys is mad that Seth Rogen roasted the event organizers for lying about the event being outdoors: https://www.avclub.com/emmys-producer-ian-stewart-says-seth-rogens-onstage-cov-1847722226

They claimed to have worked with the health authorities, who were evidently ok with having a large indoor gathering of unmasked people. The guests had to be vaccinated and test negative, which does go a long way, but other big gatherings have turned into superspreaders when positive cases weren't detected by the tests, so.

Guess we'll see what happens in a week or two!

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's not endemic in that sense, but there's been large numbers of wild animals in the US catching covid so it's endemic in the sense that there are now zoonotic reservoirs that would keep introducing the virus back into the human population even if we somehow got global human infections down to zero.

It's highly unlikely that covid deer would infect all that many humans but you only ever need a single case to set off a new outbreak

EDIT: I guess it remains to be seen whether the virus is actually endemic in the deer population, I suppose it might burn itself out.

So I guess this means we can’t have sex with deer right? Is kissing okay? Or is it okay if we wear a mask.

Asking for myself.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The toilet paper shortage was 99% hoarding and was not supply chain problems - I have no idea why people feel the need to defend mob psychology.

The best explanation I have seen was that early on in the pandemic TV news showed people in Hong Kong panic buying toilet paper, because their toilet paper is actually sourced from China. This led people to think toilet paper was important, and then to a mass hysteria amongst a subset of the population in other countries like Australia and the US, which THEN led to supply chain problems in those countries.

Pretending the toilet paper problem was due to anything other than mass hysteria is weird and I don't understand the motivation for it.

Medical supplies, sure, that was a failure of just-in-time supply chains, but toilet paper was due to mass hysteria.

https://www.reuters.com/article/china-health-hongkong-supermarkets-idUKL4N2A71R6

https://www.psypost.org/2020/03/the-psychological-reasons-people-are-panic-hoarding-toilet-paper-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic-56114

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
The thing with toilet paper is also that it is produced in many cases at the same facilities that create other household paper products like napkins, paper towels, etc. The manufacturing plants get the same raw material and change out the production lines to produce the different products following a production schedule that has been planned out a year in advance if not more.

I worked in a production plant before graduate school and they produced 7 distinct products on the same line. The way it worked was that we would produce product A for 2 months and stockpile it all in a warehouse on site. After that two months, we'd clean the line and change things out to make product B for another 2 months. Meanwhile, the massive pile of product A would slowly be going out to distributors, but before it completely ran out we'd be back on product A again in the production schedule. There was all kinds of big brains figuring out the math of the production schedule based on expected sales and such, and the schedule was planned out way ahead of time and could not be quickly changed.

What happened with TP was that people bought it much faster than normal, so the places that made it ran out while they were busy making something else. You can't really shift the production schedule, so some companies were unable to make new TP for months even though it was selling off the shelves. This is also why paper towels, napkins, and even tissues were also vanishing from the shelves. There was only a few facilities making these things, and they couldn't make them all simultaneously.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Anonymous Zebra posted:

The thing with toilet paper is also that it is produced in many cases at the same facilities that create other household paper products like napkins, paper towels, etc. The manufacturing plants get the same raw material and change out the production lines to produce the different products following a production schedule that has been planned out a year in advance if not more.

I worked in a production plant before graduate school and they produced 7 distinct products on the same line. The way it worked was that we would produce product A for 2 months and stockpile it all in a warehouse on site. After that two months, we'd clean the line and change things out to make product B for another 2 months. Meanwhile, the massive pile of product A would slowly be going out to distributors, but before it completely ran out we'd be back on product A again in the production schedule. There was all kinds of big brains figuring out the math of the production schedule based on expected sales and such, and the schedule was planned out way ahead of time and could not be quickly changed.

What happened with TP was that people bought it much faster than normal, so the places that made it ran out while they were busy making something else. You can't really shift the production schedule, so some companies were unable to make new TP for months even though it was selling off the shelves. This is also why paper towels, napkins, and even tissues were also vanishing from the shelves. There was only a few facilities making these things, and they couldn't make them all simultaneously.

Thanks, that completely makes sense. The panic buying would've depleted the normal stockpile, and then run into the production schedule issue. What you describe definitely jibes with what I saw in stores in the first half of last year.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The toilet paper shortage was 99% hoarding and was not supply chain problems - I have no idea why people feel the need to defend mob psychology.

Everyone in this thread agrees that it was 99% hoarding, the point is that the hoarding behavior was started by what would otherwise have been a temporary shortage

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
First time using the commuter train outside of London and boy Waterloo station was rammed. Like, I was so used to ghost trains and people poured out of the arriving train and the outbound was also half full.

Come on guys, we gotta keep Pret afloat in the city centre and make you miserable in offices! Covid? What's that? As long as it's not a new cafe that sells donuts I don't care.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

Everyone in this thread agrees that it was 99% hoarding, the point is that the hoarding behavior was started by what would otherwise have been a temporary shortage

No, the shortage was caused by panic buying and hoarding in the first place. Toilet paper as a target was not a rational act, but rather a hysterical game of telephone which then spiralled out to affect everyone. China starts lockdowns due to covid -> Hong Kong residents panic buy toilet paper and other supplies which come from China -> people in the US and Australia see this in the news and rush out to buy toilet paper without really understanding why but they saw it on the news -> other people see these people buying a metric ton of toilet paper and feel like they should follow suit because there must be a reason for it -> things suck for months.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

People couldn't find fukin flour or yeast for months lmao (well, in the plague island that is).

I bagged a 20kg flour (and a whole container of yeast) one day before UK announced first lockdown thanks to my brown person danger sense and made so many terrible breads for weeks!

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...
Nobody hoarded toilet paper or flour here (South Korea), just sensible items like masks and hand sanitizer. :v:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Recently there’s another toilet paper shortage here as well. I don’t know what I’ll do without my red Charmin.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Galewolf posted:

People couldn't find fukin flour or yeast for months lmao (well, in the plague island that is).

I bagged a 20kg flour (and a whole container of yeast) one day before UK announced first lockdown thanks to my brown person danger sense and made so many terrible breads for weeks!

I bagged a 20kg bag of rice in January 2020 once I saw the writing on the wall, but turns out there was never a run on those staples except for one day where the pasta shelf was empty (here in Ireland at least). You better believe I ate all that poo poo too

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

AHH F/UGH posted:

Recently there’s another toilet paper shortage here as well. I don’t know what I’ll do without my red Charmin.

If it's red you should have stopped wiping a minute ago

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My area keeps having shortages of these and similar products from Oscar Mayer and other companies. I usually have one for lunch, and it's annoying having them frequently out of stock.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

I bagged a 20kg bag of rice in January 2020 once I saw the writing on the wall, but turns out there was never a run on those staples except for one day where the pasta shelf was empty (here in Ireland at least). You better believe I ate all that poo poo too

Yeah, rice was always available except few super panic buy weeks in London. I'm pretty sure my ex still has some of that lockdown jasmine rice we bought (15kg iirc) lol.

Ironically, now plagueland multi prestige classed to Brexitland, empty shelves are a regular thing lol.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My area keeps having shortages of these and similar products from Oscar Mayer and other companies. I usually have one for lunch, and it's annoying having them frequently out of stock.

Couldn't you just buy some bread,ham and cheese? Lol I didn't even know Lunchables for adults was a thing

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

CaptainSarcastic posted:

drat, life really is hard on you.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Couldn't you just buy some bread,ham and cheese? Lol I didn't even know Lunchables for adults was a thing

That's more effort than I can usually spare in my workday. And these help with portion control, so I don't end up eating an excessive amount of salami or something, which I have been known to do in the past.

A lot of my workday is pared down to simple routines, and I know it isn't the most cost-effective (or dignified) thing in the world, but little bits of convenience are worth it to me.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That's more effort than I can usually spare in my workday.

I feel lucky that my workload affords me the time to extract food from 3 different packets rather than just 1.

Nah fuckit do whatever you want, I know I shouldn't care, but lol

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CaptainSarcastic posted:

No, the shortage was caused by panic buying and hoarding in the first place. Toilet paper as a target was not a rational act, but rather a hysterical game of telephone which then spiralled out to affect everyone. China starts lockdowns due to covid -> Hong Kong residents panic buy toilet paper and other supplies which come from China -> people in the US and Australia see this in the news and rush out to buy toilet paper without really understanding why but they saw it on the news -> other people see these people buying a metric ton of toilet paper and feel like they should follow suit because there must be a reason for it -> things suck for months.

Also don't forget that when people started panic buying they weren't just buying an extra pack or two, they were going NUTS:

Which inevitably lead to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC8OYrbaYOE

...... and the news media kept showing those images over and over and over which panicked people even further

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

CDC was wrong too at the beginning, saying Trump screwed up doesn't mean the CDC did right :rolleyes:

It was a real poo poo show and the CDC, FDA and Trump administration were constantly tripping over each other and loving it up. The Wikipedia page for the CDC has a section on it:

quote:

The first confirmed case of COVID-19 was discovered in the U.S. on January 20, 2020.[85] But widespread COVID-19 testing in the United States was effectively stalled until February 28, when federal officials revised a faulty CDC test, and days afterward, when the Food and Drug Administration began loosening rules that had restricted other labs from developing tests.[86] In February 2020, as the CDC's early coronavirus test malfunctioned nationwide,[87] CDC Director Robert R. Redfield reassured fellow officials on the White House Coronavirus Task Force that the problem would be quickly solved, according to White House officials. It took about three weeks to sort out the failed test kits, which may have been contaminated during their processing in a CDC lab. Later investigations by the FDA and the Department of Health and Human Services found that the CDC had violated its own protocols in developing its tests.[87][88] In November 2020, NPR reported that an internal review document they obtained revealed that the CDC was aware that the first batch of tests which were issued in early January had a chance of being wrong 33 percent of the time, but they released them anyway.[89]

In May 2020, The Atlantic reported that the CDC was conflating the results of two different types of coronavirus tests — tests that diagnose current coronavirus infections, and tests that measure whether someone has ever had the virus. The magazine said this distorted several important metrics, provided the country with an inaccurate picture of the state of the pandemic, and overstated the country's testing ability.[90]

In July 2020, the Trump administration ordered hospitals to bypass the CDC and instead send all COVID-19 patient information to a database at the Department of Health and Human Services. Some health experts opposed the order and warned that the data might become politicized or withheld from the public.[91] On July 15, the CDC alarmed health care groups by temporarily removing COVID-19 dashboards from its website. It restored the data a day later.[92][93][94]

In August 2020, the CDC recommended that people showing no COVID-19 symptoms do not need testing. The new guidelines alarmed many public health experts.[95] The guidelines were crafted by the White House Coronavirus Task Force without the sign-off of Anthony Fauci of the NIH.[96][97] Objections by other experts at the CDC went unheard. Officials said that a CDC document in July arguing for "the importance of reopening schools" was also crafted outside the CDC.[98] On August 16, the chief of staff, Kyle McGowan, and his deputy, Amanda Campbell, resigned from the agency.[99] The testing guidelines were reversed on September 18, 2020, after public controversy.[100]

In September 2020, the CDC drafted an order requiring masks on all public transportation in the United States, but the White House Coronavirus Task Force blocked the order, refusing to discuss it, according to two federal health officials.[101]

In October, it was disclosed that White House advisers had repeatedly altered the writings of CDC scientists about COVID-19, including recommendations on church choirs, social distancing in bars and restaurants, and summaries of public-health reports.[102]

In the lead up to 2020 Thanksgiving, at a press conference on November 20 the CDC advised Americans not to travel for the holiday saying, "It's not a requirement. It's a recommendation for the American public to consider." The White House coronavirus task force had its first public briefing in months on that date but travel was not mentioned.[103]

That's not to say that they sorted put their problems and things are hunky dory now, there's been similar inter-agency bullshit over booster shots over the last few months